Dark Pasts, Bright Futures [K...

Par lxmosstories

[book 1/3] Once she was just a regular girl who went to the Galaxy Garrison with her best friend, her sister... Plus

Chapter 1: The White Paladin
Chapter 2: Team Work?
Chapter 3: His Memories Of Pigtails
Chapter 4: She Said He Was Cute
Chapter 5: Best Friends
Chapter 7: Feelings
Chapter 8: Poisoned
Chapter 9: Stubborn
Chapter 10: Rescue
Chapter 11: Oh, Dear Sister
Chapter 12: How To Comfort..
Chapter 13: Greening The Cube
Chapter 14: In The Eye Of The Storm
Chapter 15: The Ark Of Taujeer
Chapter 16: Shopping
Chapter 17: Visions Of Her
Chapter 18: Plans Against Evil
Chapter 19: The Battle Against Zarkon
Chapter 20: Getting Closer To Him
Chapter 21: The Past Catches Up
Chapter 22: Slowdancing
Chapter 23: The Hunted
Chapter 24: Hole In The Sky
Chapter 25: Tailing A Comet
Chapter 26: Will There Ever Be An 'Us'?
Chapter 27: What A Show
Chapter 28: Naxzela
Chapter 29: They Have A History
Chapter 30: Kral Zera
Chapter 31: Avrigg's Lost Days
Chapter 32: Monsters And Mana
Chapter 33: Bloodlines
Chapter 34: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 35: Reunited
Chapter 36: Is This The End?
Chapter 37: A Battle Of Life Or Death
Chapter 38: Defender Of All Universes
Chapter 39: The Luckiest In The Universe
Chapter 40: The Road Home
Chapter 41: The Feud!
Chapter 42: The Ruins
Chapter 43: The Journey Within
Chapter 44: A Shocking Arrival At Earth
Chapter 45: Everything Went Wrong
Chapter 46: Q&A and fun facts (extra)
Chapter 47: Attitude Much?
Chapter 48: Lion's Pride
Chapter 49: Launch Date
Chapter 50: Entirely Consumed By Love [LEMON]
Chapter 51: Dilemma
Chapter 52: Battle Scars
Chapter 53: The Grudge
Chapter 54: Genesis
Chapter 55: Day Forty-Seven
Chapter 56: Clearday
Chapter 57: A Piece Of Her Past
Chapter 58: Uncharted Regions
Chapter 59: The Defining Battle
Chapter 60: Goodbye For Now
Chapter 61: Night Terrors
Chapter 62: The Day She Met Her Father
Chapter 63: The Proposal
Chapter 64: Allura Day
Chapter 65: The Terrors Of Planet Draozuno
Chapter 66: What If
Chapter 67: The Wedding
Chapter 68: A New Addition
Chapter 69: A Magical Gala
Chapter 70: Badgelor Party
Chapter 71: A Day To Remember
Chapter 72: Happiness Within Months
Chapter 73: Life Goes On
Chapter 74: Luri and Paul
AUTHORS NOTE
Memes
Unseen art pt 1
Unseen art pt 2
Art compilation 1
Art compilation 2
Art compilation 3
Art compilation 4
Quiz for the readers
Extra
Vote

Chapter 6: Goofy And Serious

4.5K 101 6
Par lxmosstories

"I can't tell if he's breathing healthy or not," Hunk said as he looked at Lance's pod, "nor can I tell if she does."
They were walking back and forth from Maisey's pod to Lance's just checking on them, they were worried sick about the both of them.
Maisey's pod opened first, she felt a little lightheaded when she got out and actually stumbled over her own feet in the process, luckily Keith catched her just in time since he was already close to her.
"Thanks," she said softly , "it's amazing what those pods can do, I feel so much better! A little dizzy and lightheaded and all, but other than that I feel pretty good."
"That's great to hear Maisey," Allura said with a reassuring smile, "we're just waiting for Lance's to open in a few ticks and then we'll get you both some food."
"Wait, what's a tick?" Pidge asked curiously.
"Oh, you know, a piece of time," Allura explained, of course they had no such thing as a tick.
"Like a second?" Shiro asked.
"What's a second?" Allura asked confused.
"Like this," Pidge said as she held up a timer and showed it to Allura.
They all circled up, Maisey still clinging herself to Keith as she saw Allura's stern face while she looked at the timer.
"I don't know, I think ticks are bigger," she turned her face away towards Coran, "Coran, do you have a ticker?"
"Yes, Princess," Coran said as he held up a ticker right away.
"We can't be sure, we should start at the same time," Pidge said as the two both started over again.
"Ohh, I think we're winning!" Hunk said excited, causing Maisey to giggle. Only he could get excited over time.
"What? The intergalactic time contest?" Keith asked sarcastic.
Hunk kept a straight face at Keith and Maisey snorted at this time discussion. It was silly.
"Well, um, yeah," Hunk replied like it was supposed to be obvious.
"Are you guys having a clock party?" Lance asked as he rubbed the back of his head.
"Ahh, Lance you ruined it!" Hunk said untill he realised it was actually Lance besides him, he hugged his friend tightly, "oh, Lance it's so great to see you."
Maisey stumbled her way towards her friend to hug him, but since both were lightheaded they actually dropped on the ground when they hugged.
"What just happened?" Keith asked as Lance and Maisey started crying from their laughter as the friends layed on the ground still embracing each other.
"Come on, you two," Shiro said as he helped the two back up again.
"So what did I miss?" Lance asked now hanging onto Hunk.
"We'll tell you all about it when we get you something to eat," Allura said as she layed her hand on his shoulder, "are you able to walk?"
"Eating? Talking? Are you asking me out on a date?" Lance asked as he smirked at the princess, but Allura grunted and turned away.
"Classic," Shiro said shaking his head as they all laughed.

"Sounds like the mice did more than you," Lance told Keith after everyone explained what had happened the night before, Keith was very unpleased with that sentance.
"I punched Sendak," Keith said as he folded his arms.
"Yeah, after Lance shot his arm off," Maisey said, Keith turned to face her as his voice cracked.
"We had a bonding moment! I cradled you in my arms!" Keith cracked at Maisey who stared at him with zero emotion.
"I really don't remember that," Maisey shrugged as she ate some more food goo.
"But now we've got to save Shay and her people," Hunk said, "this is what being a paladin is all about, man up!"
Maisey saw the look on Pidge's face change at Hunks words, she knew what's up.
"Wait, before we go I have to tell you something," Pidge said rather awkward, "this might change the way you think of me, but I need to come clean."
Everyone went silent, Maisey saw Lance's confused face. He really was oblivious.
"I can't 'man up', I'm a girl," Pidge stared at the ground, "I mean I can man up in the figure of speech but-."
"WAIT YOU'RE A GIRL?!" Lance practically screamed at her, Pidge got startled by his shout.
"I'd put the pieces together," Maisey said, which caused her to get an even more confused look from Lance then before.
"I figured," Hunk shrugged casually.
"Yeah I knew," Keith and Allura said in unison.
"I think telling everyone made you become a better paladin," Shiro said reassuring as he had a proud look on his face.
"That's better," Pidge sighed relieved, "now let's go launch this Castle!"
"Wait!" Lance looked disturbed at Maisey, "PIDGE IS A GIRL AND THIS CASTLE IS A SHIP?!"
"Yeah," Maisey said calmly as she patted his back.
"How long have I been out?" Lance asked stressed.
"Just a few more ticks than me," Maisey answered as she started making her way to the group.
"A few more what?!" Lance asked with a crack in his voice.

They had to change the plan, Shay would have to wait now that they had received a distress beacon from a nearby moon.
Their ship had broken down and there was no way they could repair it on their own, so voltron was needed to help them get back on track.
"That's cool, we're like space cops on space patrol," Lance said with a smirk on his face, "Coran, do you have a siren we can go off?"
"No, but we can record you imitating one," Coran suggested.
"Oh, great," Lance cleared his thoat, "UUHHHWEEEE-."
However Shiro had placed his hand over Lance's mouth already before he could really continue:
"Nope, we're not doing that."
"I still don't get why we are helping these people instead of Hunk's girlfriend," Maisey shrugged from her spot besides Pidge.
"Thank you Mais- she is not my girlfriend, she is just a rock that I met and that I find very special," Hunk explained.
"I never thought I would hear a sentence like that," Maisey rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.
"What don't you understand?" Allura asked her ignoring what she said before.
"Well, these are just a few guys, not in real danger, they just crashed and Shay and her people are in danger.. so why are we helping these people first?" Maisey asked calmly.
"Thank you Maisey, see that's what I'm talking about," Hunk said.
"Because we are voltron and we help everyone," Keith said.
"Yeah, but that still doesn't explain why we-."
"Can you cut it out?!" Keith sneered at her.
"Can you shut your quiznak while I'm talking?!" Maisey sneered back.
"Yeah, Keith!" Lance added to support Maisey, "shut your quiznak!"
"Knock it off," Shiro said stern as he looked at the three teenagers.
Keith and Maisey glared at each other before they looked away. It was going so well with them before.
"We're here," Allura said as she landed.
They walked outside to see a group of three. A boy, a girl and a robot. Maisey frowned having a certain gut feeling already about these people, but she decided to ignore that and just simply do her job.
"It's nice to see some friendly faces out here," the purple guy said, "I'm Rolo, and these are Nyma and Beezer."
Maisey felt both Pidge and Lance shoot away from her sides, Pidge made her way to Beezer as Lance went to Nyma to hit on her.
"How did your ship get damaged?" Maisey asked.
"In a fight with Zarkon," Rolo said.
"You fought with Zarkon?" Shiro asked.
"Well, not directly," Rolo said.
"So you know some stuff about him?" Keith asked.
Maisey grunted while Hunk walked towards Rolo.
"Give me a list of the supplies you need," Hunk said as he held out his hand.
"Sure," Rolo walked over to Beezer and got a list, he gave it to Hunk, "I can help you with carrying, it might get heavy."
However Hunk stopped him just in time.
"Not happening," Hunk said.
"Stop being so rude, Hunk," Allura said.
"Yeah, there are ladies in present," Lance said as he winked at Nyma, which caused Maisey to facepalm.
"Oh, I'm sorry but last time I checked you and Maisey almost died when we let our guard down, remember Lance?" Hunk said stern.
"Oh  yeah," Lance said dissapointed,
"I'll help him," Maisey said as she followed Hunk into the Castle.
"Where are we supposed to find this stuff?" Hunk questioned as he gave Maisey the list.
"I don't know, maybe we should ask Coran," she answered.
"Yeah, right," Hunk said as they walked to the bridge where Coran was, "hey Coran, can you help us find this stuff?"
Maisey gave him the list as he read it through.
"Ah, yes, I know where pop pop left that," Coran said, "follow me."
The two followed Coran through the Castle, so Maisey decided to break the silence.
"So, Coran, tell me something about your pop pop," she said, which made Coran extremely happy.
"Ah, yes, as you might have noticed, us, Wimbledons are very brave, but unfortunately that's what caused my pop pop to die so young," Coran told them.
"I'm sorry," Maisey said, "he sounds great."
"Ah, yeah, he was," Coran said softly, "he build this Castle,"
"He build this Castle?!" Maisey asked flabbergasted, "he must have been a genius."
"Yes, he was indeed," Coran said, "but here are your supplies, now I must continue working on the Castle."
Coran left and Maisey helped Hunk carry the supplies to fix Rolo's ship.
"We've got your supplies," Hunk shouted to Rolo, who didn't come when Hunk called for him. What the hell did he think? That Hunk and Maisey were going to fix it for him?
"Rolo guy! We have your stuff, now come and fix your ship," Maisey sneered and Rolo slowly made his way towards them, "I don't like this guy."
"Yeah, I know right," Hunk agreed, "something is off about him."

They started fixing the ship, Maisey gave Hunk the supplies he needed as they tried to have it fixed as quickly as possible. Maisey was never the engineering type, after all Hunk was her engineer when she started at the Garrison so she knew some things but not long enough to fix ships like Hunk.
But then the blue lion flew away, Maisey sighed and facepalmed. Why did he need to show off again? She loved Lance she hated it when he showed off to girls because he was so much more than that and now she simply didn't like it because she didn't trust these people.
"Oh, Lance," Hunk whispered disappointed, he clearly felt the same way.
"Ah, let them have fun," Rolo said as he shrugged it off, "soon this thing will be able to fly again."
"Sure thing," Maisey sighed sceptical she said as she gave Hunk the screwdriver.
"Just like old times," Hunk smiled before he continued, "right Maisey?"
"Yeah, you fixing stuff and me giving you the stuff you need to fix the stuff," Maisey said softly.
The two laughed a little since that was exactly how it went when Maisey would help him out.
"Allright, I think this thing is ready for a test drive," Rolo said as he quickly ran into the ship like he was in a hurry, "Beezer be my co-pilot, see you guys in a tick." and just like that he left.

"How long have they been gone?" Allura asked worried.
"Long enough," Maisey said as she looked at the stars while she layed on the crates.
"I hope they didn't crash again," Allura mumbled.
"Hey, guys a little help please," Lance's voice sounded through the helmets.
"Lance what happened?" Shiro asked worried.
"Well, I'm tied to a tree," Lance explained awkwardly.
"We asked for unusual things," Maisey joked and smirked mischievious.
"Hey!" Lance said, "I think Nyma and Rolo stole the blue lion."
"Where are they?" Shiro asked concerned.
"Um," Lance stammered, "in space?"
"I'll get Lance, you guys get the blue lion," Maisey said as they made their way to their lions.
"I never trusted those guys," Hunk said, "I mean when I was replacing that pipe I already had a hunch."
"We get it," Keith said.
"But the pipe was cracked but not that much damaged," Hunk continued.
"We get it!"
"I mean, if the thermal pipe was damaged the whole under carriage should be roasted," Hunk said. He was determined to prove his point.
"We get it!" They all said in unison.
As the other four followed Nyma and Rolo, Maisey went the other way to get Lance.
"Maisey! I'm so glad to see you!" Lance said.
"You won't be in a few seconds," Maisey smirked mischievious.
"What?"
She took a picture of Lance tied to the three and Lance wasn't so happy about that.
"Ugh, how can you do that to me right now?!" He shouted.
Maisey shrugged. "I'm just enjoying this moment."
"Hey Lance," the voice of Keith sounded through their helmets, "I got your lion back."
"Thank you Keith," Lance said, "now can you come and unchain me, because Maisey is just making fun of me."
"Uh, I'm sorry, I, I can't hear you.. you're cutting out." Keith joked me Maisey bursted out into laughter.
"Oh come on! You two are just the most develish duo!" Lance scoffed.
"At least we're not chained to a tree," Keith said which caused Maisey laugh even harder.
"Allright, come on," Maisey said as she unchained her best friend, "you silly loverboy."

"Now that your ship is really broken, you'll have to wait here for rescue," Keith said as he flipped his hair. Maisey's heart skipped a beat when she saw him do that and regretted it right away.
"Thanks, for sparing our lives," Rolo said.
"Now let's go to the Balmera to save Shay and her family," Hunk said determined.
"You may not believe this, but I do hope you stop Zarkon," Rolo said, "that's what has led me to where I am today."
"Good luck," Maisey said before they left.

"Oh, you went all dramatic," Maisey said as she flipped her hair like Keith did, "you'll have to wait here for rescue."
She flipped her hair again and Keith groaned, but he secretly had to blush as he watched her make fun of him.
"Loosen up," Maisey elbowed him softly as she chuckled, Keith smiled slightly, "Ha! Got ya!"
She chuckled when Keith went grumpy for a second again but eventually joined in on the laughter.
What the two didn't know was that Lance was observing the two and now noticing certain type of connection Maisey and Keith shared with each other, they might've had that connection for long but he just noticed and for the first time, he didn't hate that, because deep down he knew that Keith could use a ray of sunshine and happiness like Maisey.
He just never thought that could happen so quick.
Unless it had been going on for longer than just their time in voltron, because it was always in their eyes.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

5.6K 282 42
Trigger warning: Blood And really emotional ----------------------------------------------------------------- Being alone is one thing, suffering alo...
1.1M 21.9K 75
Voltron: Legendary Defenders Fanfic, Keith x OC Kanna Sendai was a half human, half Endari bounty hunter who found the white lion while on a job. Aft...
168K 4.1K 19
What happens when a part of Voltron, a paladin to be exact, is taken hostage by the Galra Empire? Would Voltron search far and wide for their missing...
185K 4.2K 142
Athena wasn't like any other girls. She longed for adventure, continually searching, exploring, discovering things that she has never known. It was...