The Heiress and The Bodyguard...

By JLJenLisa

Lalisa Manoban An agent, and not just a simple agent mind you. She's the cream of the top, the best of the be... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Not an update
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Author's Note
Chapter 24 [M]
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 [M]
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Author's Note
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 27

81.8K 2.3K 3K
By JLJenLisa

***Lisa's POV***

After the party, I stayed for a little bit longer to have a few more drinks. What happened in the dance floor still keeps rewinding in my head.

What was the look you gave me, Jennie? Why didn't you push me away? Had the music not stopped, are you going to allow me to kiss you?

I feel like we're going farther from each other. I wanted to know the things she wanted to tell me but could not, for whatever reason.

I emptied my glass then decided to go home. This has been a long night, and I will never get my answers here.

I walked to my car and drive back to my apartment. I was about to open my door when I heard the elevator chimed.

There are only two tenants in this floor, Jennie and I. So the passenger on the elevator could only be..

“Jennie,” I softly said when I saw her walk out of the elevator.

She stopped for a while then continued walking to her door.

“Did you just get home too?” I heard her say.

“Yeah, I stayed for a while after the party,” I answered.

“Hmm…” she just hummed.

“So.. uhmm.. goodnight Jennie,” I said then I was about to enter my apartment when she stopped.

“Would you like to come inside? You know, to catch up or something,” she suddenly said.

And who am I to reject her?

“Sure,” I said then closed my door.

I went inside her apartment then she closed the door.

She sat on one of the couches and I did the same, the one across from her.

“Would you like some drinks?” She offered but I declined.

“So.. I thought you're gonna spend the night in your parents’ house? I saw you left with them earlier,” I asked.

“Yeah, we left together but I went to the hospital. Kai just had his surgery this afternoon and I went to check on him,” she answered.

“How is he?” I asked her. Not that I'm worried about her boyfriend, but I think it's just proper to ask that after what I did to him.

“He's getting by..” she said.. then we stayed quiet again for a while.

I saw her playing with her fingers, she only did that whenever she's nervous when she was younger.

When did she become nervous around me?

“What are you nervous about, Nini?” I asked her. She was never nervous, she's the most confident woman I know.

“Uhmmm… so Kai and I have talked about… that thing.. you know, his affairs.. and he explained his side and asked for an apology..” she said.

“And of course, you accepted it,” I finished what she was saying.

If she didn't, she wouldn't be visiting him in this wee hours..

“He said he was sorry, and that he's not gonna do it again.. he said he will make it up for me once he gets out of the hospital..”

Well maybe I should do something so he won't get out anymore..

“I see..” I said.

“Lisa,” I heard her call me.

I looked up to her to see her looking at me.. I waited for her to continue what she was about to say..

And I have a feeling I wouldn't be liking a single thing about it..

“He asked me to marry him..”

I was paralyzed, to say the least, when I heard that.

I tried to move, I tried to stand up and leave this room, but I could not. I felt like my feet were planted on her carpeted floor.

She said it in a very low voice, but when those words left her mouth, it was louder than any sounds I have heard in my entire life.

I felt my heart was beating loudly, so loud that I can feel it in my ears. I felt the drumming not only in my chest but also in my head. I felt like my head was going to explode any moment from because of how hard it was beating.

“And you accepted it, right?” I already know the answer but I wanted to hear it from her.

But she didn't answer me, she just looked down.. her action speaks louder, so much louder than anything.

“Wow.. just wow Jennie..” I was lack of words, I really didn't know what to say at that moment.

“Have you told your parents yet?” I asked her.

She shook her head. “You're the first one to know.”

“Wow, thank you for the honor,” I said sarcastically.

“Lisa, please don't be like that,” Jennie said pleadingly.

“Like what? Huh Jennie? You're gonna marry that scumbag despite everything he has done to you?” I almost shouted.

“He made mistakes, I know that, and he admitted his mistakes and asked for forgiveness. He may be a cheater, yes, but he's going to make up for it. Everyone has a flaw, Lisa, and he's no exception.. but despite everything, he's a good man and a good boyfriend. So yeah, I'm going to marry him and we will live past this issue,” Jennie said.

She already made up her mind.

A cheating boyfriend and a stupid girlfriend.. perfect combination for a perfect relationship.

I stand up, signaling I am leaving.

“Look, Jennie. Whatever your decision is, whatever you want to do with your life, that's all on you. You're a matured woman. I don't know why you're telling me this now instead of discussing this matter with your parents.”

“Lisa, please hear me out,” she pleaded.

“No, Jennie. I may have supported your decisions in the past, but I will never be a part of this one,” I said then I left her room.

------------------------

I don't know how long has it been since I last talked to Jennie.. 2 months? 3 months? Maybe 4 months.. I really don't know, and right now, I'm way passed on giving a damn.. last time I heard, she was busy preparing for her wedding.

She said her boyfriend was gonna make up for everything, but why the hell am I seeing him right now, here in Seulgi's club, having a drink with the new girl, what was her name again? Krystal? Yeah I think it was Krystal. I've been seeing him hanging out with her everytime I go here.

“I don't want to be on the receiving end of that murderous look,” I heard Irene said when she gave me my drinks.

“If maybe you will continue rejecting my offer to spend the night with me,” I told her but we both knew this was not going anywhere.

“Honey, I told you before and I will tell you again, my body is not for sale, ever.” She said with finality.

I chuckled. “I know that, I was just messing with you. But maybe you can say that again to my friend who is currently approaching us?” I said then pointed at Seulgi who is currently walking towards the bar. I saw Irene rolled her eyes and was about to leave but Seulgi already saw us.

“Heyyyy dude! Are you trying to get under my woman's skirt again?!” She asked playfully.

“I am not your woman!” Irene hissed under her breath so that other customers wouldn't hear it.

I laughed. I really love seeing these two banter with each other. Why don't they just fuck and get over it?

“Oh come on! Don't be too hard on your boss! So tell me, what do you want so you'd spend the night with me?” Seulgi asked her while wiggling her eyebrows.

“If you don't stop harassing me, I'm gonna look for another job!” Irene said.

“You know that this is the best job! I'm paying you three times higher than any other clubs out there! So, how much is your price?” Seulgi said seriously.

Damn girl! She's really crazy! She can have any other women she wants but she keeps on coming back to her.

Just like me with Jennie.. I sighed when I thought of her.

“You really want to know what my price is?” I heard Irene asked Seulgi in a sultry voice.

If only Seulgi was a dog, I bet I'd see her sticking her tongue out and wagging her tail.

“Come here,” Irene said and she pointed at Seulgi to come closer to her. Just like a dog, Seulgi leaned on the counter top, leaning closer to Irene.

Irene leaned closer to her ear so that she can tell her what her price is.

“I. WANT. YOUR. NAME. IN. OUR. MARRIAGE. CERTIFICATE.” she said each word slowly and clearly in her ear.

I almost choked when I saw Irene kissed Seulgi in the cheek before letting her go.

“No marriage, no sex. Sorry hun, but that's my price. If you cannot afford it, then stop harassing me when I'm busy doing my job here.” With that, Irene left us.

When I looked at Seulgi, I almost choked again when I saw she hadn't moved since Irene left.

“Hey earth to Seulgi!” That's the time she moved.

“Damn..” I heard her say.

“Yes, damn. You had it bad,” I chuckled.

“I think I've found my match,” it was her turn to chuckle.

“How much do you think a marriage costs nowadays? Should I put the club on sale so I can afford it?” She suddenly asked.

“Don't tell me you're fucking considering her proposal??” I was dumbfounded! Seulgi, the most outgoing person I know is thinking of tying the knot just to get under a woman's skirt? This is history!

“I will marry her, then fuck her brains out, then I will leave her,” she said.

“Just make sure she's not the one who's gonna fuck your brains out. Hell man, she's playing with you right now because she knows you're never going to consider her proposal,” I told her.

“Then two can play this game,” then I saw her eyes glittering. Damn, I only see that whenever she's planning something.

You really had it bad, you just don't want to admit it.

“Just don't forget to invite me on your wedding day,” I told her then I took a sip on my drinks.

“Yeah, just like how Jennie didn't forget to invite you on her wedding day,” she laughed at her joke.

“Fuck you,” I said. My mood suddenly turned sour when I remember it.

“Still too early to throw a joke about that? Tsk.. know what? I'm really surprised you haven't attacked him yet, you've been looking at him for god knows how long,” Seulgi said.

“I don't want Jennie to have a wedding photo with her soon-to-be husband's broken face. Remind me why you are still not revoking his membership here?” I asked her. Hell, Jennie is also her friend and here she is, allowing one of her nymphs to flirt with her friend's boyfriend.

“This is business, my friend. And I need members in my club, especially now that I am getting married.” She said with a grin.

“You're really crazy.”

-------------

A/N

Just a short and quick update!

I'm so excited to write the next chapter!

Wedding day 🤭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 11.8K 18
*Warning violent themes* Jennie Kim, one of many executives of the board in of the biggest investment companies in Asia has been jailed after a year...
919K 27.2K 47
Jennie Kim is a young woman with high confidence, self-defense, and big heart has met many problems in her life because she has no siblings or even p...
149K 4K 24
[COMPLETED] Jennie Kim, being the best proffessor you'll ever met, work dedicated person, kind but serious when it comes to work has come through one...
88.5K 6.4K 82
JENLISA JENTOP G!P STORY - 'Dear bodyguard, if you find out now that I'm gone, then count on the fact that I might be driving in an old bus 777 km aw...