Suddenly In Love

By naomigscott

Naomi and Mena Au More

Locker 206
What does he know?
The Stranger Who No Longer was a Stranger
Goodnight Sir
Breathe
I love you mom and dad.
Unbelievable
Unknown Sender
Unpredictable
Help
Honest
Just smile
Not Too Much Fun
Love Birds
Not Official
Chance
Electricity
Bullshit
History
Hop On
Pretty Girl
Enough
Single
New Girl
Crazy Eyes
The Way You Look at Him
Ray
Show Me You Love Me
Can't Sleep
Closet
Talk
Pepper Spray
Car
Weekend
Know
Future
For Better or for Worse
Trouble
Dinner
Sleep Over?
Under my Bed
Busy
Therapy
Oh
Yes
Hang Out
Safe
Sorry
Comfortable
Need You
We
Break up
Mirror
Missing
Out of Here
Go
Time
On One Knee
I'm sorry
Have Fun
Wine
Wake Up
Bathroom
Think
Straighten Up
Ignore
Fine
Test
Can't
Best for You
False Alarm
New Start
I Chose You
It Was Her
Here
Moment
Sort it Out
Somewhere Fancy
Date
Not
About Time
60 years
I'll Take That
Feelings
I'm not
Makeup
Pill
First Time Wasn't a Charm
We Both
Surprise
Scream
Nightmare
Fine by Me
First Fight
Exhausting
Say Nothing
Lied to Me
Not Hungry
100
Vows
Back Home
Should we?
Shut Up
Surprise?
Four of Us
Moody Pregnant Girl
Careful What You Wish For
Close
Mom
Love Your Love
Congratulations
Have a Talk
Gone
Walk in the Park
Idiot
Save it
Motorcycle
Let Yourself
Role
Room
Time
Epilogue
Platonically Husband and Wife

Evening Picnic

1K 24 47
By naomigscott

Naomi's POV

I woke up to a beautiful morning. What yesterday had been a gloomy day suddenly turned into spring-like, relatively, warm weather. I went downstairs, got some tea and ate some toast before I realized I had a thousand messages from Nasim.

"NAOMI"

"NAY"

"ANSWER"

"HOW WAS IT"

"DO I HAVE TO BEAT HIM UP?"

"Ugh you're such a sleepy head. Text me back when you wake up."

I laughed at all the messages and quickly responded.

"Sorry I didn't really check my phone last night or when I woke up. Last night was really really...just perfect. I couldn't be happier."

"WHAT?? EXPLAIN OMG"

"It's a long story BUT long story short we kissed twice and he let me keep his jacket so I could return it on our second date like whatttt?? I died"

"Omg I love it. Thank god he wasn't a creep I was worried."

"Yeah about that... did you tell him where I live?"

"Well.."

"NASIM WHAT IF HE HAS LIKE CRAZY OR SOMETHING?"

"I MEAN he wasn't! And besides kinda knew who he was the whole time..."

"You what? Are you kidding me?"

"Who do you think told him not to get your response from the locker during after school hours? Someone had to help the poor guy. Besides, you know I know everyone and everything. He's a good guy Nay, you deserve it. That AND he's new around."

"Ugh I can't believe you hid it from me..but like it's fine I guess. I hope he's a good guy, cause he may look good but he has to show it. I mean, he already did show it but for real you know. I just hope he doesn't fuck up cause I don't think I could handle it. I really do like him Nas."

"It'll be fine sis I'm watching out for you 24/7 and you know it." Right as I read that text a new one popped up and it read: "Good morning princess." My heart dropped and I could feel my face turning red. I quickly took my breakfast and ran upstairs before my mom could see me.

"NASIM HE TEXTED ME GOOD MORNING G2G TALK TO YOU LATER"

"AHHH OKAY, UPDATE ME WHEN YOU'RE DONE TALKING."

"K BYE" I responded and quickly opened up his messages.

"Goooood morning!" I replied.

"Sooo about that date. How does an afternoon picnic sound? In a quiet, not interruptable place of course. After all, it is a beautiful day!" I could feel my smile getting bigger. Was this real life? I didn't hesitate to respond.

"That sounds absolutely perfect. Should I bring anything?"

"No worries, leave it all to me. Just bring your beautiful self. Pick you up at 4pm."

"Okay! See you then and don't bring a jacket, I think there's one here that I accidentally borrowed.."

"Haha alright, see ya"

I put my phone down laid on my bed. There was this feeling in my stomach, like the one you get when you wake up on Christmas morning. Just crazy and different.

I went back downstairs to put my mug and plate in the sink and watch some tv to make the hours pass by. A few episodes of New Girl in and it was already 2pm. I turned off the tv and headed upstairs to get ready for my picnic date. I first showered, then I applied some texture spray on my hair to make my natural curls a bit more volumized. The tricky part though was my outfit.

"He's probably seen me wear the same thing a billion times I have no idea what to wear" I thought to myself." And then it hit me. I opened up my closet and look in the box that had "Spring/Summer" written in it. In it, I found a white tank top and over that, I slipped on a cute army green dress. Then I slipped on some leggings and my usual boots. As a finishing touch, I pinned my bangs up and did only the slightest bit of makeup. Before I knew it, it was already 3:50pm. I made my way to the kitchen downstairs and got some cookies my mom had baked earlier. As I packed them into a small bowl I heard a knock on the door. I quickly put the cookies in and made my way to the door.

"Breathe Naomi and don't say anything stupid please." I quietly said to myself as I went to open the door.

"Hi" He said as he smiled.

"Hey, cookies?" I said.

"Oh that's great, I forgot those actually."

"Wow then go me I guess." I said and smiled awkwardly. "Sooo you look great."

"Thank you, you look amazing as well. " He said as he led the way and carried a huge basket with him. Suddenly an awkward silence arose.

"Aw thanks, your hair looks really good by the way, I mean your curls, they look nice, I mean..I'm sorry was that weird. Sorry" I mentally slapped myself in the face, I wish I remained in silence. Thankfully he giggled and responded.

"Ah thanks, got them from my mom. I didn't really like them when I was a kid but I guess now I've grown into them."

"Aw well that's good, I mean they look great so it's nice you like them too. You know the hair trait actually comes from the father, so it's strange that you got it from your mom, unless you have someone else on your dad's side that has your curls, which would then mean you got it from you– " I stopped myself from saying the nerdiest run on sentence in the world. "I'm rambling aren't I?" I asked as I closed my eyes.

"No its fine, it's cute that you know stuff like that. I've never met anyone that blurts out random facts when they're nervous." Mena responded as he smiled.

"That obvious ain't it? I'm sorry, I haven't done this in a really long time."

"Please don't apologize, it's totally normal to be nervous, I mean I'm nervous too..." He said as he looked the other way.

"You, nervous? But you're so relaxed." I said as I made a confused expression.

"I mean it's not every day you get to go out with a girl like you."

"A girl like me? Why do you keep saying that?"

"Why not? You really don't give yourself enough credit Naomi." He said as he stopped an dropped the basket. Well, we're here.

"Where even are we?" I asked.

"Look behind you."

My heart stopped at the sight of the entire city. It was absolutely incredible. "How in the..how did you find this place?" I asked as he set up the food and I stared at the view.

"My dad and I use to come camping here when I was a kid. Ever since then it became our little place. I remember one day he said, "If you want to bring a girl up here, make sure she's the one" and well, here we are."" I felt my cheeks getting red again as he reached for my hand and intertwined our fingers. "So, shall we eat?"

I turned to see countless tons and tons of my favorite fruits and desserts. "You know you're amazing right?" I said as I sat down next to him.

"And you know you're beautiful right?" He responded as he slowly reached in for a kiss. I got chills as we shared that moment. "Was that alright?"

"Yes, it was perfect." I smiled. "But you know whats also perfect? That chocolate cake that I just have to have." I responded as I pointed at it.

"Ah, no desert before dinner. We have Chinese food, lo mein of course, since I know it's your favorite, tiny grilled cheese sandwiches, a wide variety of seedless exotic jams and homemade bread to go with it. So, what's your pick?

"Seedless exotic jams you say? I think I'll have to try that myself" I giggled.

"Seedless exotic jams and bread coming right up." He said in a funny voice as he prepared my plate.

The evening went by quickly. Before we knew it, it was 9:30 and we were laughing about stupid shit we use to do as children. All I wanted was for this moment to last forever.

"Wait so you started reading in preschool? He asked in shock.

"Yup, I know it's kind of crazy. I don't know, I always got picked on at school for being a bookworm and always studying. It's kind of weird" I said as I looked down. " I mean I'm kind of weird sometimes I guess"

"You're not, you're perfect." Mena responded as he tucked away some hair behind my ear. "So, we should probably be heading back."

"Already?" I pouted and got up.

"Hey, I don't want trouble with your parents."

"Oh, that's not a problem."

"Why's that?"

"They don't exactly know about you. It's not you, of course, I mean we only just met but like, they're not fond of me dating since the incident. I promise I'll tell them soon."

"Well I mean you're going to have too."

"What?" I said in confusion.

"Yeah after this they have to know."

"After what?"

"Look down at the city again." He said as he wiped the dirt off his hands.

I gasped in shock as my eyes widened. I couldn't believe what was right in front off me right now.

__________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait. I hope ya'll enjoyed the update. What do you think Naomi is looking at?

Vote and Comment please, thank you <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 4.6K 20
"How can you miss someone you've never even met?"
17.7K 357 72
Always and forever
32.6K 523 4
Comment aus or ideas and shit you want me to write about and there's a 99.9% chance I'll do it.
13K 466 20
.・*:。≻─── ⋆♡⋆ ───.•*:。 ɪ ᴅᴏɴᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ꜱᴡᴇᴀʀ.... ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏxɪᴄᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ... ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴏᴅʏ... ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴘꜱ... ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪᴛ. ☆ ꜱᴀꜱᴜɴᴀʀᴜ ☆ ᴏᴍᴇɢᴀᴠᴇʀ...