Unpredictable

Mena's POV

I saw Naomi's expression change. "Hey, everything okay?" I asked as she put her phone in her back pocket.

"Yeah, no, nothing to worry about." She responded as she quickly changed her face and put on a smile.

"Okay, whatever you say. Let's go you don't want to be late." I responded as we both headed to class.

The afternoon went by slowly. I couldn't stop thinking about her. Especially of that specific moment. I couldn't help but notice, Naomi wasn't one to tell people about her problems or concerns. She seemed so closed off like no one really knows her or anything about her, she's just trapped in her own little world. In a way it was intriguing, she's mysterious, which is what originally I found interesting about her, you never know what goes on in her mind, but on the other hand, it was so worrisome. Does something I did bother her? Should I talk to her about it or just let it be? I'd never encountered a girl like her. To be completely honest I felt lost.

After school, I walked to the coffee shop where she and I had our first encounter. I walked in got some hummus and chips and some water. I sat there quietly as I ate my chips until the corner of my eye caught a glance of someone familiar. I turned to the side to see Will, Nasim's boyfriend ordering something. He looked back at me as he finished ordering and proceeded to sit with me.

"Hey man, what's good?" He said in his deep voice.

"Not much what's up with you?" I asked and panicked as I looked at my surroundings. "Did Nasim send you again? Cause I swear everything's all fixed–"

He interrupted me. "Nah man, we cool. You genuinely look chill as hell. You just seemed a bit distracted, sorry if I interrupted anything."

"Ah no its cool man, just got something on my mind you know."

"Is it about her? Cause let me tell you from what I hear that girl is special."

"Yeah, I know, I mean she is, special. She's just different you know? I can't figure her out. It's kind of stressful..." I responded and sighed.

"Well, you want my advice?"

"I wasn't asking for it but sure."

"Just tell her that."

"Tell her what?" I asked and made a face.

"Tell her how you feel, be honest with her. You'll never get anywhere with her if you're not. Women like straightforwardness but they're sensitive, so be gentle. And most importantly, just remind her you like her, they love that." Will said as he took a bite of his sandwich.

I sat back and made a face. "And how do you absolutely know this will work?"

"I just know man, I've got experience, trust. If we're going to be friends you gotta be surer of yourself little dude."

"Friends?"

"Yeah, friends! Don't you want some, you have made any since you got to school."

I felt a bit hurt, he wasn't lying though. "I guess so, well my name is Mena."

"Will, nice to meet you." He said as he extended his hand.

"Look I gotta go... see you at school tomorrow?"

"You betcha, and good luck!"

I rolled my eyes and smiled, "Thank" I replied and headed out.

Naomi's POV

I put my hair up on a bun as I went to read my biology book. "This homework is killing me" I said to myself. My reading was interrupted as my phone vibrated again. I felt my stomach sink and my heart drop. Slowly, I grabbed my cellphone and looked at the notification. I sighed in relief, it was Mena.

"You busy? Need to talk."

I quickly typed back. "Finishing up homework and home alone. See you here in 30?"

"Sure! See you there." I read his response.

I finished up my biology homework and tidied up my room. Then I took a glance at the mirror. "I look like I just woke up from a nap, wow Nay" I said to myself and giggled as I redid my messy bun. "Oh well if you love me, gotta love the real me."

I headed downstairs as I heard a knock on the door.

"Coming!" I shouted.

I reached in to open the door, "That was fast I didn—"

My smile faded away as I looked at the sight in front of me.

__________________________
A bit of a shorter chapter but here's some suspense for you guys!!! I'm sorry it's been so long I was on a trip but I'm back and I've got some juicy ideas for this fic (and the Aladdin fic which you can also check out :)) !!! So yeah, stay tuned for that and thank you for being so patient.

Love you guys
Vote and Comment <3
tw: nayscotts