Comfortable

Naomi's POV

Shutting the door I rush up the stairs. "Where are you going we're leaving in 5 minutes!" My mom shouted.

"I'm not going!" I shouted back and slammed my door. I could hear her footsteps approaching my room as she gently opened my door.

"Is everything okay? Why don't you wanna go Nay?" She walked over and sat next to me. "You know you can talk to me about anything." My mom let out a gentle small as she tucked my bangs behind my ear.

I sighed and covered my hands with my face. "He doesn't trust me mom."

"Who?" I gave her a dead stare. "Oh... but why? What happened?"

I wiped my tears and sat up. "You know when we didn't talk for a while?"

"Yeah."

"Well I did something really stupid..."

"Okay...and that was?"

I turned the other way, "I kissed Jordan... I mean, he technically kissed me. Well I kissed him back, the point is we did kiss and I felt bad so I told him. And now..." I played with my fingers as I avoided eye-contact with my mom. "I don't know if he'll ever actually trust me again."

My mom sat there speechless for a second. "Well honey, we all make mistakes. Now you just have to show him you're better than that."

"I know but how do I do that?"

"Well for starters you better yourself, show him you're actually working on your health and that you care about being happy no matter what your past is. Second, you give him time, boy's can be difficult. And third, just relax my love, you're so young you've got your whole life ahead of you for boys and dating. Have you ever thought maybe he isn't the one?"

I took in a deep breath as I thought about what I was going to say to my mom. "I really love him mom, I don't understand how...it's like a feeling that leaves me breathless. I can't describe it... he's the one." My mom gently smiled at me and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"I sure hope he is then if you feel that way about him. Now, what are you going to do?"

"About?"

"Your appointment. I can cancel if you want."

"I mean I guess I should just go and cry everything else out."

"Atta girl, now come on we're late." My mom jumped up as did I and ran out.

"I've got the keys!" I yelled while I opened the door. My stomach dropped as I saw Mena standing in front of it.

"Am I too late?"

"What? I mean, what are you doing here?"

"I came to go to your appointment with you."

"Oh"

"Who's that the door—" My mom came up to me. "Oh, Mena, nice to see you. Uhh I'll give you two some privacy."

"Thanks." I said to her as she walked away. Quietly I walked out of my house and shut the door.

"So, am I too late?"

"No, you're just in time but..."

"But what?"

"Well if I'm being honest, I don't know if I want you there with me right now."

"Oh..."

"But I guess... I guess you could come. If you want, I mean if you don't it's fine." I felt myself get nervous.