Man of Steel: Loving Mia Jones

Por wattfan18

This is the revamp of Superman Fanfiction. Mia always struggled with her job and her long term crush with Bru... Más

Mankind Introduced Superman
Beautiful Blue Glass Framed Eyes
Beautiful Doe Brown Eyes
Old Friends and Handsome Strangers
That Familiar Friendly Smile
New Kid
Bipolar Redhead
It Is Never Too Late for Coffee
Sparkling City Lights
Beauty Under the Stars
Its Him
Lo and Behold Lex Luthor
Eye Opening Beauty
Barbeque On Me
The Only Thing That Can Make A Man Smile On A Monday Morning
Things Never Go As Planned
Lean On Me When Your Not Strong
There is Always a Solution To a Problem
Stand Up For Yourself
Sick
I Work For Bruce Wayne!
Dining With Lex
Unexpected Visitor
Lunchtime
Clark Kent vs. Bruce Wayne (Part 1)
Clark Kent vs. Bruce Wayne (Part 2)
Sleepless Nights
The Truth Always Comes Out
A Bat's Knightmare
Fly or Die
Unexpected
Do you bleed?
Don't
The Trial of Superman
The Show Is About To Start
Show Time
Batman vs. Superman
Confronting The Enemy
The Trinity vs. Doomsday
The Death of Superman (Clark Kent)
A New Threat On The Horizon
The Scream That Went Around The World
Don't Count On it, Batman
The Mother Boxes
Central City
Steppenwolf (Pt. 1)
Steppenwolf (pt. 2)
This Is Crazy!
He's Back!
We Need You, Clark
Justice League vs. Steppenwolf
Justice League vs. Steppenwolf: Part 2
Aftermath (Revised)
"You and I, Smallville."
"You and I, Smallville pt. 2"
Old Friend
Final Day of Rest
It's a Bird! It's a plane! No it's...Superman!
Doctor Say What Now?!

When Opportunity Knocks

8.2K 231 23
Por wattfan18

One Year And A Few Months Later...

Central City

"Hi. Can I get two iced coffees, three cappuccinos, and two coffees." I said as I stood at the counter placing an order. Finally getting a chance to order after about thirty minutes of waiting. The lady looked at me warily as she typed in the order. "Also, could you add a hot chocolate to that?" I asked giving her a friendly smile.

"Are you sure that is going to be enough for you ma'am? You don't want to throw a few doughnuts in that order?" The lady asked me sarcastically.

I just gave her a look and said, "No, I'm good for now." The lady told me my order and told me to wait as my number will be called soon.  Also, it might take a little while. Okay, the drinks are not for me their for my fellow reports at the Central City Picture News. Well, not really fellow reporter more like there the reporter and I'm just the assistant that gets coffee. No, actually more like the slave that gets coffee.  Dad constantly nagged me about not wanting to go to law school. He wanted me take over his law firm when he retired since he had no other children to do it. But, I just could not see myself doing that for a living I wanted to take some risk and see the world and be a writer. I guess that what lead me to journalism, but so far I have not wrote a news story since college which dad also nags me about.

As I waited for a few minutes I looked to see on the news that Superman was spotted in Africa stopping a terrorist group along with him causing a few innocent deaths. I had a hard time believing that the man that saved not just my life, but everyone else's life a murder. I stopped reading the article when I heard my name called. I put my phone in my pocket and made my way to the counter I grabbed the drinks being careful not to spill them all as I made my way out the door.

......

"I got the ice coffee you wanted Simon." I said as I approached his desk. He mumbled a thank you not even looking at me just kept working. 'What no thank you?' I roll my eyes and slammed the cup of coffee on the table catching the full attention of Simon. I just smile and say, "Your Welcome" and make my way over to my 'desk' (more like small table) and sat my stuff down. I then pulled out my laptop and began reading the same article I had read earlier in my phone. As I read I saw a video discussing the incident. 

"Should someone like him should have that much power?"  One the guys on the video asked. "Superman just became judge-"

"Mia, Mr. Smith wants you in his office." Iris said getting my attention away from my laptop.

"Wait, what?"

Iris rolled her eyes. "Seriously, Mia you have to stop drooling over this guy." Iris said sitting on the edge of my small desk.

"I do not drool over him." Iris just gave me a look that said 'stop lying'. "Okay, okay. Maybe I do drool over him. Only because I admire the heroism in him."

Iris snickered. "More like the sexiness of him. Speaking of sexiness. The other sexy man in your life has texted you." Iris said looking down toward the phone on my desk. I my heart skipped a beat a little when I saw a text from my long term friend. Bruce Wayne. I had a crush on Bruce Wayne ever since I was in middle school. Although it was off again and on again at some points.

I looked at the text that told me that he was coming to Central City soon to visit and have a meeting with my dad. I couldn't help the smile that had spread on my face at the text message. I can't wait to see his handsome face again that wonderful smile.

'Hello. Hello. Earth to Mia." I looked to see Iris waving her hand in front of my face.

"Huh, what did you say?"

Iris rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. "Seriously Mia just tell the man how you feel."

"You know I can't. I don't want to jeopardize our friendship."

Iris rolled her eyes again. "That is so clique."

"No its not. I value my friendship with Bruce. Also, he is like a son to my father. It will be like dating my brother."

"Sure whatever you say."

"Anyway what were you saying earlier." I said trying to get Iris off my imaginary love life.

"What I was saying is that people are still unsure of the man or alien, whatever he is."

Iris was right people do fear Superman because of all the power he has and the fact that he is an alien. People are afraid that he might decide one day that he might kill everyone. Although their fear does seem valid I still have hope that he will continue to be the hero he is trying to prove to be.

"On top of that you don't even know the guy." Iris continued on.

"So?" I said shrugging my shoulders.

"You know nothing about this guy. He could be murder or a rapist. He could be planning to destroy the Earth." Iris said.

"If he was planning to destroy the Earth I think he would have done it by now. And you can't say anything either since you have a crush on that metahuman."

"Oh, no don't start with that Mia." Iris said standing up from my desk.

"What? You know how crazy you went when the Flash first showed up in Central City." I said laughing a little.

Iris rolled her eyes. "Yeah, whatever. Just go see what our boss wants already." she said walking away. I laughed as I made my way over to the chief editors office. My laughing ceased as I knocked on his door. I heard a 'come in' and then stepped inside.

"You wanted to see me sir?"

"Mr. Smith, you wanted to see me sir?"

"Yes Miss Jones. Have a seat."

I took a seat in front of his desk a little skeptical about where our conversation is going to go.

"There is no easy way in saying this Mia, but your fired."

My heart dropped to my stomach. "Fired? But why?"

"Well you do good work but you just no longer needed."

"No longer needed? I worked my butt off for you and all the other no good reporter here for almost four year of my life. Oh, no not for being the reporter I wanted to be ,but a darn slave. And you got some nerve to tell me this. This is some bull sh-"

"Miss Jones! Please, understand that-"

"Understand what? That you are a corrupt bassard. Yeah, I understand that. You know what I had my resignation letter already typed up since the first three months here."

"Miss Jones-"

"I will mail it to you. I don't need this crap." I said walking out of his office. I just vented out almost four years of anger out on my ex-boss

......

Two days Later

"And then he had some nerve to say, 'Well you do good work but you just no longer needed..' Can you believe that guy?" I said taking a sip of my drink. I was having lunch with Iris sat a sandwich shop downtown since she was on lunch break. I haven't had the chance to talk to Iris since the day I got fired. So, I just been sitting around at home pissed and happy.

"Sorry, about that Mia. I know how you really wanted to be a reporter it was your dream job. The only way I got out of being an assistant was when the Flash first came and it gave me the opportunity to write to the editor." Iris said taking a bit of her salad.

"Yeah, I remember. I'm still amazed at how you were able to get an interview with the Flash." I looked to Iris to see the expression on her face. She looked as if she knew something that I did not.

"It was just luck." Iris said. It sounded like it was more than just luck. "So, have you heard back from the Daily Planet yet?" I had put in an application for the Daily Planet in Metropolis a few weeks ago since Iris suggested I go beyond the paper in Central City which is a good thing due to the fact that I am unemployed. I was hoping they may give me the chance I need to be the reporter I wanted to be. Also, I may have applied their so there is a chance I get to see Superman.

"No. I have not gotten a call or an email from them. I'm starting to think that they may not need anyone right now." I sighed. "Iris I do not want to prove my dad right that I wasted four years of school to be a journalist."

"Don't give up Mia your big break will come." Iris said.

"Yeah. I hope so." I mumbled

Iris looked at her phone. "I have to get back to work. I will talk to you later Mia." With that Iris stood up and threw away her trash and made her our way back to work as I sat there in thought.

..........

Later That Night

I was standing by the microwave waiting for the final seconds of the mac and cheese to go by. I really did not feel like cooking today. So, I just went to the store I got me some microwavable food to eat. When I put my phone in my pocket that when I heard the microwave go off letting me know it was done I made my way to the living room and began to watch tv. I decided to just watch reruns of 'The Office' that's when I heard my phone start to ring. I pulled it from my back pocket and answered it without looking at the caller I.D.

"Hello."

"Hello. Are you miss Mia Jones?" Asked a lady on the other end of the phone.

I scrunched up my eyebrows a little curious to who is calling. "Yes, this is she."

"Well, we just wanted to inform you that you have an interview tomorrow with Perry White no later than 9 am."

I could not believe it I got the job-well more like I got the interview. "Yes. I will be there. Thank you." As soon as I hung up I jumped around and did the happy dance. I stopped when I looked out the window to see my neighbors from the apartment beside mine look at me like I was crazy. I just shrugged my shoulder and carried on with my happy dance.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

83.9K 2.2K 25
🌙 I AM LIFE ITSELF 🌙 🌙 MAGIC ISN'T JUST SOME TOY 🌙 🌙 YOU MAY THINK YOU KNOW ME BUT NO 🌙 🌙 IT FEELS GOOD TO BE POWERFUL🌙 🌙 EA...
47.3K 1.5K 36
So.... I'm in a comic now. Not only that, but I'm in a Batman comic right now. Not gonna lie, I'm low key fangirling right now. That's a lot of now's...
57.5K 1.6K 49
Love. A word so simple yet so complex. For Bruce, it meant family. Family that he lost and the family he created. But love can be harsh, especially i...
2.3K 97 47
**Based off of the New 52/Rebirth Storylines as well as some Arrowverse characters** After a mysterious illness affect the men on Earth, most of the...