Futures Unseen (Chasing Titan...

By IrrationalTide

***This is the immediate sequel to Chasing Titania, another book of mine. Please read that first.*** After Se... More

My Man
Lucy in the Sky
Initiates
My Son
Nectar Night
Remediation
The Silver Squad
Journey
Strangers
Redemption
Piano Man
Sugar Boats
On the Wings of Maidens
Godly Views
Embodiment
Solemn Introductions
Tensions
Private Lessons
Aftermath
Letters from the Past
Sweet Dreams
Awkward Silence
How To Start Wars
Angel of Music
Reprimand
Oh Baby
Sweet Release
Hush Hush
Words That Mean Nothing
Visitor
A Stiff One
Trying
The Ones We Once Knew
We Now Only Meet at Weddings
Let Their Breaths Fill with Words of Love
Here We Go Again
The Statues Move At Night
Gods Among Men
Breaking Silence
Small Gifts
Melt Our Hearts
Three's Company Too
Freedom of the Purest Forms
Underlying
Forewarning
Liar Liar
Dark Waters
Newbies
New Life and Old
A New Pair of Hands
Orpheus of the Underworld
Crushed
Buds
A Death in the Family
Pigs for Slaughter
Team Meeting
I Come With Knives
Wander
Setting Out
Lost Bodies
Death's Door
Somberly, the Fallen
Molten Gold
Behold and Be Held
Raise your Glass
Slรธvendel Mountain
Chance Encounter
The Tomb and the Room
Resurrection
Conniving
Come In
Brushes
The Death of Those Once Loved
Gravely
Holding on to You
Forces
Itching
Same
Flesh
Pushing the Envelope
War Horns
Intrinsically Bound
In the Bluffs
Rush
Seekers of the Spirit
Misconstruation of Time
Lies and Deception
The Man that was Ezra
Sober Words
The Red Triangle
Wrongful Death
Sparks of Madness
Flurries
Descent into Oblivion
Warriors
Incongruent
Shipping Off
Appealing
Speed and Efficiency
Atlantis
Silence
In the Summer
Bombs Greeted Them
The Mysterious Not-Quite-Death of Lala Deinenocten
Cherry Blossoms
Broken Hearts
Revenge Served Cold
On the Home Front
The Upside of the Down
Destruction
La Danse Macabre
Gods and Life
Torturous Dreams
Birth and Death and Resurrection
Deals
The Price of Princesses
Lost at Sea
The Longest Day in the History of Medowlark
The Ethics of Madness
The Life We Choose
Landon Celebrates Liberation
Love, Always
Dealing with the Devil
Precipice
So We Come to a Close

White Wedding

45 3 1
By IrrationalTide

"Is everythin' all 'ight?" Salvador turned to me.

I smiled softly at him, stepping up to fix his vest. He was so nervous. But this is what is to be expected on one's wedding day. He looked wonderful in a black velvet Downwonder vest, his pants black and straightened, the grey velvet collar bent over the vest, the silver buttons, and black shoes. I had never really seen Salvador without his hat either. His hair reminded me of sand. His one wing twitched nervously. 

"Relax, love," I smoothed the velvet down his side. "Everything is just fine."

"'Anks, 'Alia," he sighed. "I'm so nervous."

"That's what I'm here for," I assured him. "I'm here to worry for you."

"Thalia!" A call came from the other room.

"One second," I called back. "Sal, just sit down and drink some water, okay? You have nothing to worry about."

"Thalia," Caius grabbed my arms when I entered the room. "I can't do this."

"You keep saying that, but I keep disproving you," I wandered over to the vanity in this room.

"Everyone's out there, Thalia Nigh, you stupid bitch," Caius came around. "I wasn't even sure I could love someone, and I'm here, and I can't."

"You are absolutely fine," I grabbed his chin, slipping honey gel through his hair. "You aren't doing this for everyone out there. You are doing it for you and Salvador, the absolute love of your life."

"I hate you," he seethed.

"You were the one who said yes to his proposal," I smirked, straightening his black Downwonder vest too. 

"Shut up," he sighed.

"Here," I grabbed a set of notes out of my purse. "You asked for these. Everything is written as you requested me to."

"Everything?" he scanned them over.

"Every last word. Now you have a few minutes. You better walk out there, Mr. Dragon Tattoo," I poked his bicep where a twisted black dragon stood bravely.

"I've got it," Analeise smiled.

"Good," I walked back to Salvador's room. "Make sure he comes out there."

"Is 'e not?" Sal's voice squeaked.

"It's fine," I rested my hand on Sal. "He's going to do it. He's just nervous."

Salvador swallowed. "'Ight, 'ight," he leaned forward. "I migh' be sick."

"You can do this, Salvador," I brought his eyes to meet mine. "Your parents are here; your friends are here, but what matters is you are committing yourself wholly to the love of your life."

"Yeah," he nodded. "Ya are 'ight, 'is was my idea."

"So go finish," I reached my hand to help him up. "Are you ready?"

"Yes," Sal quickly grabbed my hand.

Music began in the church before us. I squeezed Salvador's arm, waiting for the doors to open. The two nuns nodded when they did so. I walked into the church, Salvador beside me. This was a church Caius knew, the man I thought would be the furthest thing from religion. A woman stood at the altar, beaming. Everyone rose as we strode past, honoring Salvador, his decision, and his bravery. 

We stopped before the altar, the woman nodding to us as we stepped off to the side. The crowd started to sit as Caius walked down the aisle, Analeise on his arm, practically dragging him at first. His red eyes caught Salvador. He then floated towards the altar.

I smiled at Analeise from across the way. We were the orchestrates of this, the ones who finally forced Caius to say yes. He loved Salvador, he did, in his own little way. This was to show everyone that they were finally where they belonged.

"Dear Trinity," the woman began. "We are gathered here on this day to unite Salvador Samuel Clarke and Caius Olentin Scartunt as one. With the power of Mother Gaia flowing through the ground, the love and peace of Queen Lilith, and Queen Titania, newly raised, rushing the air around us, we can allow these men to become one in a blessed unity."

"Sister Claire," Caius interrupted. "I'd like to read my vows."

"I was getting there," she smiled at him over the podium. "Proceed."

"Salvador," Caius sighed. "When I met you, I was inebriated, but I knew that I never wanted to hurt you. I never did, as much as I pushed and prodded, and that time you got possessed. You dealt with all of my...Thalia, this says bullshit. I'm pretty sure I can't say that in a church."

"You just did," I hissed.

Caius shrugged, continuing. "You dealt with all of my burdens as your own, Sal. I can't even dream of doing the same for you. You were my savior, my protector when I didn't even know I needed one. I never thought I could love as I watched what it twisted my family into, but I found out what it really was when I met you. I..." Caius began to cry, keeping it out of his voice. "I love you. You helped me return to where I had come from; you braved a world of hurt just for me. I can never repay you. I hope to, by committing myself to you for as many hundreds of years we have left in the universe. I am happy today to start calling you my husband."

I looked to see Salvador crying too. I knew Caius shouldn't have read his vows first. Salvador fumbled with his notecards, scattering them across the floor.

"I don' need 'em," Sal sighed. "Caius, you are one wild adventure. I love ev'ry bit of ya, and I 'ave for a very long time. No ma'er what, I knew I wanted to be with you. You 'rew me 'rough 'urdles I'd never witnessed, but I knew you needed me more 'an anythin'. I can' wait to spend my life with you, without fear an' without bounds."

"Unity is clearly right for these two men," Sister Claire smiled. "With the powers of the Trinity, I pronounce you, husband and husband. Everyone, please applaud for Mr. and Mr. Clarke."

Salvador wrapped his arms around Caius, the two of them sharing the most passionate, hungry kiss I'd ever seen. Those in the audience applauded. I looked over. I could spot Sal's parents, two people I had never met, their ship running late, and only arriving a few hours ago. Their wings were exactly like their sons. Caius' mother and sisters sat in the same row, all of them happy. Each of his sisters supported a companion, aside from Clara and the youngest. I could pick out my friends too among those gathered here. In fact, those from Delta Ace appeared to make up most of the crowd. Alton sat in the fourth row, waiting for me. Nox was here, Aelianna and Kara, Seth, and Lynnette. Lilian sat waiting for her companion to come back. Briar and Zephyr sat towards the back, trying to keep a lower profile. Titus, Caius' first, had even bothered to show up. Caius invited him out of spite, but he showed.

"Let's take this outside," Sister Claire guided. "We'll be serving food soon under the canopy." 

I moved out into the aisle, grabbing Alton's hand. He grinned, standing up next to me. 

"It was certainly beautiful," he said.

"You can't even see," I hugged him.

"I hope we can do that someday," he whispered.

"Soon," I assured him. "I've had enough wedding nerves already. I couldn't imagine my own right now."

I held Alton's hand, slipping through the crowd. I went over to Caius' mother, congratulating her on her well-raised son. She grinned, thanking me for getting him through the ceremony. Tega hugged me. I moved on then to Salvador's parents.

"You must be Mr. and Mrs. Clarke," I reached out a hand to them. "I'm Thalia Nigh, Sal's best friend."

"It's an 'onor to meet ya finally," Mr. Clarke grabbed my hand in a firm grip.

"Yes, Salvador told us all about ya," Mrs. Clarke beamed. "'Ank ya for helping 'im out, I know 'e's struggled with confidence for a long time."

"It's honestly no problem," I smiled. "You raised him very well. He is a kind and selfless individual. Very adept with an ax in hand."

"'At is my boy," Mr. Clarke grinned.

"Come, I'll take you to the table of honor," I offered.

I brought them outside under the canopy of lights. I seated them at the table, next to Salvador. It would be one they had to share with Caius' family too. I was sure it would be a blast. I would be sitting there too, Alton by my side. I settled back to the outside of the crowd as Alton sat down too. I found Sister Claire clutching the Queen Titania necklace around her. 

"I helped heal that boy, you know," she smiled. "I found him on my walks, nursed him back to health. I taught him how to fly, and then he was sent off to that boarding school. I feel proud of him like he's my son."

"I'm sure his mother feels the same way," I grinned at her. "You both did him well, keeping him from his father. Salvador does the same from the memories, at least. I think it's great they're finally officially together."

"It is right," she nodded. "I'm so happy for them."

"Me too," I turned on my heel. "It was very nice meeting you, Sister Claire. I hope you'll dance with all of us tonight."

"Surely," she nodded. "But, a drop of nectar will not touch my lips."

"Neither will it mine," I shook my head. "I had one bad experience, never again."

She laughed, walking off. I waited a moment more before I found the grooms, standing happily and continuously getting congratulated. I ushered them to their seats, hoping to get the dinner started. Drinks were passed around, food too. I waited until the band started playing their music, pulling Alton up to dance with me. I got a turn to dance with both the grooms, a dance with Tega, one with Zephyr, and one with Mr. Clarke. He told me that he and his wife were moving to Newartic to be closer to their son. They missed him too dearly back home. 

Through all the twirls and turns, I felt so happy that evening, even though it didn't belong to me. You wouldn't think that a mere few months ago we were fighting for our lives, several of us nearly dying to bring down Serberous and his legions. Racism was calmed in Citadel, though now it was more like no one spoke out loud or acted on it. It still existed in the calm quiet, in privacy. We save the world. That's what mattered.

My name is Thalia Nigh. I am committed to Alton Ducarian of the Saegaric Fire Fae. I am the very last of the Fastoros History Fae, a powerful clairvoyant. I was also now one of the three leaders of the prestigious Delta Ace. I raised Titania, reunited the ancient family that fae here worshipped. 

I was on top of the world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 75 33
Book 2 of The Otherworlds Duology After being kidnapped by the Wythynians Andy escaped and is now traveling with Arlin Kit to Bebet, following the o...
316K 16.5K 56
*Book 1 of the Sin Series* Alpha Titania. The meaning behind her name, the great one; a true essence of her strength. A woman incapable of emotion o...
1.1K 68 55
๐๐ž๐ซ๐œ๐ฒ ๐‰๐š๐œ๐ค๐ฌ๐จ๐ง/๐‡๐ž๐ซ๐จ๐ž๐ฌ ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐Ž๐ฅ๐ฒ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ "Gaia is alive." Need I say more? To be fair, there isn't really a way to chec...
11.4K 441 49
[COMPLETE] [[**Sequel, The Hybrid Harold, is up!**]] The first generation past the war has settled and the result is something no one from the past w...