Book 2: My Complicated Romanc...

By XoXDQXoX

Book Two of My Romance with Derek Hale Series... It's been six years since Kristin has seen Derek, and she h... More

Peter: Prologue
Derek: Laura Is Missing
Kristin: A Dead Body
Belle: Just One Of The Boys
Derek: Grave Encounters
Kristin: Haunting Past
Derek: Secrets Never Die
Kristin: Surprise!
Tane: Stuck On The Outside
Belle: Cheaters
Kristin: Old Friend
Belle: Full Moon Part I
Belle: Full Moon Part II
Kristin: Reunited
Derek: Helping The Helpless
Belle: Questions
Kristin: Twice In One Day
Belle: Telling Lies
Kristin: Past Wounds Resurface
Belle: Tension
Derek: Old Friendships Never End
Kristin: The Hunt
Derek: Arrested
Kristin: Ignored
Belle: Game Time
Derek: Freedom
Kristin: Bad News
Belle: Heavily Broken
Kristin: Nothing Seems Right Anymore
Belle: Together Again
Derek: Harsh But Necessary
Kristin: Disaster And Heartbreak
Derek: Denial Can Only Last So Long
Kristin: Saying Goodbye Is Hard
Belle: Bowling Night
Derek: Just Another Typical Night, #foreverneverleftalone
Kristin: R.I.P
Belle: Family Reunion?
Kristin: Cursed?
Belle: Bullet Magic
Kristin: The Funeral
Kristin: Post Funeral
Derek: Tasers Are Not Fun
Kristin: The Night In The Woods
Kristin: Morning After
Derek: Let the Tests Begin
Kristin: Revelation
Derek: The End?
Belle: Bad Dream And Nightmare Reality
Kristin: Night School Part I
Kristin: Night School Part II
Derek: It's Hard To Say
Belle: Progress
Derek: Officer Trouble
Belle: New and Broken
Kristin: Break-Up to Make-Up
Derek: Alpha Trouble Part I
Derek: Alpha Trouble Part II
Kristin: Bad Day Worst Night
Derek: Captured
Kristin: New Alpha
Stiles: The Crazy is Just Beginning
Thank You
Huge Announcement

Derek: Unexpected Visitor

12.6K 218 31
By XoXDQXoX

(Previously: Derek saves Scott from hunters. He has two suspects on his list. He thinks the alpha or the hunters killed his sister Laura. He finds Belle in her werewolf form and helps Belle turn back into a human. Kristin comes to get Belle and they speak briefly before Belle hugs Derek who acts awkward in response. Derek tries to stop Kristin from going after Scott who was shifting on the field but she threatens to scream if Derek doesn’t let her go.)

I shouldn’t have tried to stop Kristin today but I literally couldn’t control myself. As soon as I saw her walking off the field after a shifting Scott my body took over completely. I even stuck around to make sure she was okay. I was also going to lecture her when she walked out to her car but decided it would be a waste of breath and time. Kristin does what she wants at least she used to and I doubt she has changed much in the last six years.
Time to focus!
Scott’s neighbourhood is almost as quiet as my half burnt down house that is located in the middle of the woods. All I can hear is barking dogs and there are only a few porch lights on. I guess everyone is out or they go to bed very early since it’s just after 7pm.
The front door to Scott’s house is unlocked and I listen carefully to see if Scott’s mother is home, but all I can hear is Scott talking to his friend Stiles at least I think that’s his name. I know it’s something ridiculous.

“What did you find out?” I hear Scott ask as I walk into the house and quietly close the door. I use my sense of hearing to locate Scott. He’s on the second floor, just past the stairs.
“Well it’s bad. Jacksons got a separated shoulder.” I can help but smirk slightly. I hated guys like Jackson in school, and six years later they are still the same cocky idiots who think that all high school girls want to date them and all the guys want to be them.
“Because of me?” Scott asks in shock and I can’t help but roll my eyes. What did Scott expect? He charged and Jackson got injured Scott’s lucky it’s only a separated shoulder.
“Because he’s a tool,” Stiles replies as I start walking up the stairs. There are a lot of baby photos of Scott as well as a few of Scott and his mother hanging on the wall, at least I’m assuming its Scott.
“Well is he going to play?” Scott asks as I reach the top of the stairs and I find Scott’s room easily. He’s talking to Stiles over webcam . . . Really? And they can’t talk in person because?
I walk a few steps into the room making sure to be quiet and Scott doesn’t even notice me at all. I wonder how long I can stand here before Scott realises he’s not alone.
One cat and dog, two cat and dog, three cat and dog . . .
“They don’t know yet, now they are just counting on you for Saturday,” Stiles replies and Scott sighs in frustration. Too bad that Scott isn’t playing in the game on Saturday. There’s no way Scott can play and not turn and try to kill everyone on the field. It happened today and it will happen again.
Four cat and dog, five cat and dog, six cat and dog . . .
“What?” Scott asks and I’m guessing Stiles can see me or see my outline in the background.
“It looks like what?” Scott asks after a slight pause.
“Come on damn it,” Scott starts hitting random keys and I roll my eyes. How does Scott not know I’m standing behind him? He should be able to sense me at the least.
“What?” Scott breathes and I hear him clicking on his mouse. He backs up in his chair and I know he has seen me on the computer. I pounce as Scott turns and the shock registers on his face as I fling him across the room and push him up against the wall.
“I saw you on the field!” I seethe as Scott’s heart beat races dramatically. I can practically smell the fear as Scott stammers and heaves.
“Wha . . . What are you talking about?” Scott asks in panic.
“You shifted in front of them! If they find out what you are, they find out about me, about all of us and then it’s not just the hunters after us . . . It’s everyone.” Scott is being careless and stupid and if he keeps it up, my kind will literally be hunted by everyone.
“They didn’t see anything I . . . I swear.”
The only reason they didn’t see anything is because all the attention was on Jackson. Scott got lucky.
“And they won’t because if you even try to play in that game on Saturday I’m going to kill you myself,” I threaten meaning every word before I use my speed and rush out of the house. I can’t let Scott reveal our secret. I’ve worked hard to keep the fact that I am a werewolf hidden, and I’m not going to let a sixteen year old teenage boy ruin it.

Knock, knock, knock.
My eyes snap open and I grab my phone. It’s only 1.15am and I sit up and listen intently. The person is quiet and their heart beat is normal. I assume it means they aren’t here to attack me, or the person is a psychopath. Next I use my sense of smell and I immediately know its Kristin. Her perfume has changed, it now smells of jasmine, ginger, musk as well as a couple of flowers I’m not familiar with instead of strawberries, vanilla and coconut, yet there’s something about Kristin's scent that hasn’t changed.
Why the hell is she here? For whatever the reason, I know it can’t be good. I should just go back to bed and ignore her, and by bed I mean a very old dusty mattress which somehow managed to avoid being burnt in the fire.
“I know you’re there now open up.” I hear Kristin say from the other side of the door.
So what’s it going to be Derek? Are you going to ignore her or open the door? After a few moments of deliberation I stand to my feet and make my way to the front door. Kristin could knock it down if she wanted, it was also damaged in the fire.
I’m going to regret this!
“Kristin what are you doing here? It’s one in the morning?” I ask after I open the door. Kristin’s eye’s immediately drop down to my chest and I realise I’m only half dressed in my shorts.
Well that’s just great.
“Aren’t you going to invite me in?” Kristin asks as I notice that she is wearing next to nothing. There’s a thin white singlet covering three quarters of her torso and short shorts barely covering one third of her thigh. I have to force myself to look her in the eyes.
“No you can’t come in,” I reply but Kristin manages to slip past me anyway, well so much for that. I roll my eyes grateful that the only light entering the house is coming from the moon, it means Kristin can’t see me properly.
“Oh come on don’t be like that,” Kristin pouts as she sits on the end of the couch and crosses her legs. I'm pathetic. I find myself mesmerised like an insect to a light. Kristin has managed to become curvy in all the right places.
Stop staring! I order myself and force my eyes back on Kristin’s blue eyes which are shinning mischievously and I know she is up to something, but she can’t be here, one of the reasons being because of Tane.
You had her first. My inner wolf comments but I ignore him. It doesn’t matter anymore because I can’t have her.
“You should be with Tane you need to leave,” I cross my arms over my bare chest hoping it is making me look more serious.
“Can you stop talking about Tane . . . Please?” Kristin asks as she stands to her feet and approaches me. I try to subtly move away although it gets me stuck in the corner of the room.
This can’t be happening. Wasn’t she annoyed at me just a few hours earlier when I tried to stop her from going after Scott? I am never ever going to understand women.
I grab Kristin’s shoulders and lift her in the air barely an inch off the floor, gently placing her on the ground before I move out of the corner and lean against the wall. Now I have plenty of room to dodge Kristin without getting stuck in the corner again.
“Seriously why are you here?” I ask as Kristin gives me the evil eye and crosses her arms over her chest. I’m lucky looks can’t kill otherwise I would be dead.
“Because I want to be,” Kristin’s scowl disappears and a smirk appears as she lifts her singlet top up over her head revealing her purple stripy bra. I can’t help but stare. I am a guy after all.
Is she torturing me just for fun? Is this all just a game? Why is Kristin doing this to me? God her boobs look bigger.
I’m so caught up in the moment that I don’t realise Kristin is moving towards me until I feel her cold hand as it leans on my bare chest. Why haven’t I put on a shirt yet!?
“I missed you,” Kristin adds as I try to move and get away but my brain refuses to send the messages to my limbs and I’m literally stuck.
“What about Tane?” I ask as Kristin’s hands move up my torso and stop once they reach my neck. I’m still a head taller than her and she has to lean on the tip of her toes.
Move! Get away. I order but my brain refuses to oblige. I try to fight the pleasure I’m feeling as Kristin’s lips brush over my jaw. I’m trying to fight it, fight her but it’s useless I’m practically a slave to Kristin. I shouldn’t be because I can’t let her in again. I can’t trust anybody not anymore plus I don’t deserve Kristin. I couldn’t protect my own family.
I can’t protect anyone.
“How’s this for an answer,” Kristin smirks before she presses her soft lips against mine.
I still have no control of my body and as Kristin runs her tongue along my bottom lip I automatically open my mouth, and my hands instantly grips her waist.
“Wait we can’t,” I somehow manage to separate from Kristin. As much as I want Kristin I can’t.
Stop being pathetic dude she wants you, and you want her so hurry up and get on with it! My inner wolf snaps and I have to refrain from rolling my eyes.
“Oh come on Derek. You know why I’m here!” Kristin sighs in frustration as she removes her arms from around my neck and stands flat on her feet. I don’t understand, what is Kristin talking about?
Did I hit on her today and not realise it? No that’s not it and since when is Kristin a cheater? That’s not the girl I used to know.
“No I don’t.”
“Oh come on Derek! Running away didn’t change anything.”
“I still don’t know what you are talking about,” I reply. Is Kristin literally losing her mind?
“Not many people find their true mate at the age of seventeen, you should count yourself lucky.” Kristin smirks and starts tracing shapes on my chest. I want to tell her to stop, but it’s sending tingles all over my body, the good kind and I don’t have the strength to say it.
“I still don’t know what you are talking about,” I lie. I know exactly what she is talking about, and now I know that this is a dream. It makes sense Kristin wouldn’t be here and she especially wouldn’t have kissed me.
“You saw it. Our life flashed before your eyes. We’re soul mates and running away and rejecting me doesn’t change that. We are meant to be together, it’s our fate . . . Our destiny,” Kristin’s blue eyes light up as her lips turn into a smile that is reaching from ear to ear.
At the time I didn’t know that we were mates. Our life did flash before my eyes: I saw us getting married, having children, growing old and being surrounded by our grandchildren but I didn’t realise it meant we were connected spiritually and most times even physically.
“So what?” I reply and raise my voice unintentionally. It’s frustrating. I know that Kristin is my mate. I feel the distance when we’re apart. There’s a constant pain in my chest but I just have to ignore it because I won’t ruin Kristin’s life too.
“Just stop it!” Kristin raises her voice this time.
“Stop what?” I ask as my hands talk for me and point to the roof.
“Punishing yourself. You don’t have to be alone anymore. It’s not your fault that your family died Derek, you were tricked. It doesn’t mean that we can’t be together,” Kristin replies as she grabs hold of my hand. I want to jerk my hand free from her grip but again I have no control of my body.
“You’re wrong, it is my fault. Kate murdered them after getting all the information she needed from me!” I feel the anger surge though my body. Whenever I think about hunters or Kate, my blood starts boiling immediately and I have to resist the urge to hurt someone.
“She used you. You were seventeen years old, how were you meant to know that she was a hunter? Stop punishing yourself. I know it hurts you when we’re apart but we can be together again. I know you miss me just like I miss you.”
“We can’t. You’re with Tane.” I reply as Kristin continues to hold my hand. I hate how comfortable it makes me feel, and it leaves me craving more of Kristin but I can’t.
“It’s your dream Derek. Tane’s not going to find out unless you tell him,” Kristin points out as she starts walking towards the couch dragging me along with her. Kristin’s right. It is only a dream.
I stop thinking and let Kristin lead me. I’ve had meaningless flings in the past few years while living in Brooklyn, but nothing that mean anything. Kristin on the other hand starred in my dreams nearly every night, it helped dull the pain of being apart.
Not that I will admit that to anyone.
“You can have me for real, you just need to stop punishing yourself and rejecting it . . . Rejecting us.” Kristin smirks before she sits on my lap and leans her hands on my bare chest.
“Enough talking,” I reply before I press my lips against Kristin’s. Part of me still feels slightly guilty since I am fantasising about my best friends girlfriend. You’re not best friends anymore. My inner wolf reminds me as my hands immediately reach around Kristin’s back and I undo the bra clasp.
I feel her smirk as our lips continue to clash together and Kristin removes her arms from her bra before throwing it to the ground.
“I have missed you.” I whisper after I pull away slightly. Not that I will admit that to the real Kristin.
“I know now enough talking,” Kristin smiles.

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?
I want to say thank you to @CrazyPebbles21 for showing me the song, I absolutely love it.
VOTECOMMENTFANADD TO LIBRARY... XOX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 4.9K 25
Stiles drags Scott into the woods to look for a body where he just manages to avoid being caught. He finds his friend getting attacked and bitten by...
6.8K 214 26
"Stiles," she said quietly and began shaking her head. "Please, let's not talk about it." "No, Maya, I need to talk about it. I-if I don't have a c...
1.3M 33.2K 26
"When will you learn that being a so-called 'rebel' won't get you anywhere?" "It got me here, didn't it?" Rebecca McCall is finally coming home after...
53.2K 1.3K 28
(Female Stiles) Stiles saves Derek, as he is dying and delirious, he confesses to Stiles that she is his mate. When he pulls through, he tells her th...