FRIGHT SCHOOL BOOK 1 (COMPLET...

By kacquah

*Book 1 in the Fright School Series* *Wattys 2018 Longlist runner.* *2nd place at Willow Awards and 1st place... More

*COPYRIGHT*
WELCOME, PLEASE COMMENT & VOTE IF POSSIBLE.
PROLOGUE
B. PROLOGUE
•EPISODE 1/PILOT- THE SEARCH BEGINS!
B.THE SEARCH BEGINS!
C.THE SEARCH BEGINS!
•POV•
CHAPTER 2- THE GREAT ALLAN MEROE
B.THE GREAT ALLAN MEROE
C.THE GREAT ALLAN MEROE
D.THE GREAT ALLAN MEROE
•MUMMIES•
CHAPTER 3- DISRUPTING THE SALE
B.DISRUPTING THE SALE
C.DISRUPTING THE SALE
CHAPTER 4- RELUCTANT VAMPIRE
B.RELUCTANT VAMPIRE
C.RELUCTANT VAMPIRE
D.RELUCTANT VAMPIRE
CHAPTER 5-WHAT NOW?
B.WHAT NOW?
C.WHAT NOW?
END CREDITS
~~~
•PREVIOUSLY ON FRIGHT SCHOOL•
•EPISODE 2- A NEW LIFE
B.A NEW LIFE
C.A NEW LIFE
CHAPTER 2- TRUTH WILL OUT
B.TRUTH WILL OUT
C.TRUTH WILL OUT
D.TRUTH WILL OUT
CHAPTER 3-AMBUSHED!
B.AMBUSHED!
•THE SPELLS IN A GRIMOIRE•
C.AMBUSHED!
D.AMBUSHED!
END CREDIT
~~~
•PREVIOUSLY ON FRIGHT SCHOOL•
EPISODE 3- RESOLVE
B.RESOLVE
C.RESOLVE
•THE FIRES OF MAGIC•
CHAPTER 2-WHY?
B.WHY?
C.WHY?
CHAPTER 3- FAMILY CODE
B.THE FAMILY CODE
C.THE FAMILY CODE
CHAPTER 4-SPECIAL GIRL
B.SPECIAL GIRL
C. SPECIAL GIRL
END CREDIT
~~~
•PREVIOUSLY ON FRIGHT SCHOOL•
EPISODE 4-TRUE COLORS
B.TRUE COLORS
C.TRUE COLORS
CHAPTER 2 - MEMORIES
B.MEMORIES
C.MEMORIES
D.MEMORIES
•THE 72 LAWS•
CHAPTER 3- THE GRIMM!
B.THE GRIMM!
C.THE GRIMM!
D.THE GRIMM
END CREDIT
~~~
•PREVIOUSLY ON FRIGHT SCHOOL•
•EPISODE 5- PROPHECY
B.PROPHECY
C.PROPHECY
D.PROPHECY
CHAPTER 2 - NO MORE SUPRISES
B.NO MORE SUPRISES
C.NO MORE SUPRISES
D.NO MORE SUPRISES
•HAVENS•
CHAPTER 3- KEN
B.KEN
C.KEN
END CREDIT
~~~
•PREVIOUSLY ON FRIGHT SCHOOL•
EPISODE 6- SILVERFOOT
B.SILVERFOOT
C.SILVERFOOT
CHAPTER 2- REVELATION
B.REVELATION
C.REVELATION
D.REVELATION
CHAPTER 3-MS. APPLE'S HAVEN
B.MS. APPLE'S HAVEN
C.MS. APPLE'S HAVEN
END CREDIT
~~~
•PREVIOUSLY ON FRIGHT SCHOOL•
EPISODE 7- THE STRANGER
B.THE STRANGER
C.THE STRANGER
CHAPTER 2- EXILED!
B.EXILED!
C.EXILED!
•DWAYNE'S PLAYLIST•
CHAPTER 3-AFTER EFFECTS
B.AFTER EFFECTS
C.AFTER EFFECTS
D.AFTER EFFECTS
END CREDIT
~~~
•PREVIOUSLY ON FRIGHT SCHOOL•
EPISODE 8- LEAVING THE CITY OF THE DEAD
B.LEAVING THE CITY OF THE DEAD.
C.LEAVING THE CITY OF THE DEAD
D.LEAVING THE CITY OF THE DEAD
CHAPTER 2-CLOSE CALL
B.CLOSE CALL
C.CLOSE CALL
D.CLOSE CALL
B.RENDEZVOUS
•WHY DO DRAGON KNIGHTS SERVE WARLORDS?•
CHAPTER 4- MOONSVILLE FINALLY
B.MOONSVILLE FINALLY
C.MOONSVILLE FINALLY
EPILOGUE
•INFORMATION WE CAN SHARE SO FAR•
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM BOOK 2
SKETCHES
WHO ARE YOUR FAVOURITE CHARACTERS?
LORDS OF THE KINGDOMS
COVERS
*AWARDS*
HOW FRIGHT SCHOOL CAME TO BE

CHAPTER 3- RENDEZVOUS

107 8 2
By kacquah

LOCATION CLASSIFIED...

VINCENT: The Sun was out in full, it was a sunny day as I looked at the rocks, trees, mountains, birds, waterfall.

We were really lucky we made it out when we did. The Grimm were the rulers of the mirror world if they found me I'd have definitely died even if Peter himself didn't take me out that time.

I glanced at my lap, at the wooden box, it had a sigil on it of an Owl on a mountain peak.

This is what I asked Boris to pack for me before I left my home. I knew it'd come in handy at Moonsville aside the things I got from Ron.

We soon turned down a road not tarred that led deep into the forest. I didn't question Boris decision, if my theory was right this was the road that coiled.

The snake that coils when it takes a detour.

I knew what it meant immediately Sar uttered it to Boris acting as if it was just a passing comment.

Amateurs.

The dusty road seemed to wind and curve deeper into the forest, the car occasionally jumped up and down.

Soon enough we were driving in a circle, like following the coils of a snake to the center, I noticed how surroundings changed with every curve.

This shielding magic is strong.

I looked at Boris for a while, it just came to me suddenly, an important mystery.

How did Boris know where to go?

Moonsville had to be protected with powerful magic, I was sure the gate functioned like most Kingdoms. A cross-dimensional gate that never remained in one place, unless someone knew the trajectory, the ley lines so to speak.

I thought for a moment and smiled, it was three options, either Boris got something in addition to the package or he got it from Sar, or he had his own means.

It didn't matter how he got it to me but all the same, I nodded as I spotted his dangling cross hanging from the rearview mirror.

I hadn't noticed it earlier before but it seemed to be moving ever slightly towards the left then right.

That's his compass.

He also had another mission which involved transporting something to the Lords but due to the encounter with the Dragon's Wrath, he entrusted it to Sar.

The vampire council also wanted whatever was being transported. I had to figure out what was in it so before the hunters attacked us, when Boris got out to tell me to train I used the ARBILY.

The cube that was able to transmute objects, and letting it be in range of the package I was able to duplicate it.

Of course I thought about switching them out but I changed my mind, it didn't matter which one I had, the cube fulfilled an important role for me.

I looked at the cube I held in my left hand before putting it in my pocket. I'd activate it later without Boris seeing and would have exactly two days to figure out the mystery.

All the same I wondered about the package, Peter didn't seem interested in it, he would've asked. That meant whatever Boris was transporting was private knowledge that the Vampire council got wind of, possibly something that was deadly to our kinds but not something for the Grimm to be worried about.

It was entirely possible that they just weren't afraid of the package or had means of capturing it or had no idea but that last option seemed unlikely.

Did they have a plan, why did they also want the item so badly?

Peter said that whatever was going to happen to me all depended on the verdict the Council came to.

Julia would always talk about when all members of the vampire families met with the council to discuss certain issues.

Sometimes it had to do with the re-enactment of the major 72 laws and sometimes it had to do with the crimes of certain families.

The Grimm could've attacked me whenever but they must've had faith that they'd win over the vampires. They also claimed that the Silverfoot had shifted their alliance but why?

The Grimm, who were they working for?

Was it in any relation to the human hunters who attacked earlier?

My thoughts were interrupted as the car suddenly stopped, ''We are here, sir'' Boris said and I looked in front of me to see a taxi parked in front of us on the side of the road.

''Who is that?'' I asked as I saw the driver come out, his hair was brown and messed up, he wore a white shirt and blue jeans, he looked Brazilian.

''That sir is Theophilus Law, he is a warlord and teacher at Moonsville'' Boris replied.

"Warlord huh?"

He didn't look at all like the ones I read about, I was almost disappointed.

"He looks...bland" I sighed and Boris chuckled.

"Well you can't be expecting him to be in robes all day but I guess times have changed."

I noticed another individual in the front seat, an African American looking boy, he looked quite built but I knew at once he was around my age.

Boris opened my door, ''It is time sir'' he said calmly.

I nodded and with a reluctant sigh, I stepped outside.

The Sun was quite strong today as I flinched a little, my eyes took time to get accustomed to the dazzling rays of the early morning sun.

I pocketed and followed Boris as he headed to meet Theophilus.

''And you must be Boris'' Theophilus said as he shook my driver's hand.

''Yes, yes I have been in service of the Peville family for generations, so you can see why they trusted me with the safety of young Master Peville'' Boris replied.

I grunted at Boris' boasting, I almost smiled.

''Hello Vincent'' Theophilus shook my hand and said, ''I must say, it is an honor to meet you, I'm sorry it had to be under these circumstances''

I smiled, ''It's no problem'' I looked back at the individual who looked away once I caught his gaze.

He was dark skinned, low cut hair, obviously a very well built teenager.

He also had a sturdy jaw-line and a slightly rectangular face, I was basically looking at a very young possible soldier if he decided to choose that profession anyway.

Theophilus noticed, ''Oh and that is Frank Johnson, he'll be attending Moonsville with you'' he said as he passed his hands through his hair and looked around.

"Sunny day don't you think?" He asked no one in particular.

I slowly looked at Boris then replied, "You could say that"

"I'll admit it, I thought we'd have a harder time bringing you," Theo said facing me.

"Why?"

"Well the Pevilles can be a bit...stubborn" Theo added, "please don't take offense, it's a unique trait that has benefited you"

"No you're right" I agreed wholly.

"Your father is quite a man, Jasper Peville. A truly dangerous man."

"You know my father?"

"Yes on some missions we had. He's not one to talk much"

Or love either.

''Anyway where is?'' he started but then the sound of another vehicle approached.

We all looked back to see a black Nissan come up and park alongside the taxi.

''There Vicky is!'' Theophilus said with a grin as he walked towards the car.

I focused on my smelling ability to determine the occupants, there were three, the driver was a 'Golem', I hadn't seen one in quite a while.

Golems were beings made out of clay, they normally served only one individual but I heard their strengths were on par to that of a full lion.

There were many stories of their origins, some said they were a gift from Zeus, others said they roamed the Earth during the times of the dinosaurs long before civilization occurred.

I changed my focus to the other two girls.

The other two, one was a mage, a young one too who had barely manifested her magical powers yet and the other –I gasped as the realization hit me.

Seriously?

The door opened and a dark-skinned girl in a black and red uniform stepped out. She wore long white socks, she looked like a stubborn one, she had quite big breasts and the same went for the other side.

The girl smiled and hugged Theophilus, ''How was your journey?'' Theophilus said happily.

''We encountered a few problems but we managed'' the girl replied.

I looked at Boris and he nodded, he could also sense what I sensed.

Another girl came out, she was skinnier than the Victoria girl but was infinitely beautiful.

Her face almost startled me as she shyly played with a few strands of her golden blonde hair. She had an almost greyish blue eye color and astounding beautiful teeth, delicate chin, and ample lips.

I really hoped Boris didn't sense my admiration.

This girl was a Circle?

She looked ordinary, if not too ordinary, ''And you must be Rose'' Theophilus said as he extended his hands, she shook them quickly and nodded.

She gave me a quick glance and looked away.

''There's no need to feel scared here'' Theophilus assured Rose, ''you would find here that Moonsville is the home you'll come to love, we accept anyone here willing to learn of their gifts and train to use to help people in the world''

The Rose girl nodded and smiled awkwardly, "Okay...thank you".

Theophilus then told Rose to excuse him as he gently pulled the Victoria girl who had just been scoffing at the Circle the whole time.

I noticed him whispering and immediately I focused my hearing.

Intensifying my hearing came with its issues because I now heard all manners of insects and activities that nature went through from the water droplets on leaves to animals moving. It was very loud and confusing.

I almost staggered back but I had trained, all I had to do was shut out any other interference till all I heard were those two.

It started with muffling as if tuning a radio except without the static and slowly their voices became audible.

''You okay?'' came a voice sounding like it belonged to Theophilus and the Victoria girl nodded.

''Have you gotten any word from Jon?'' Theophilus whispered.

''No, I heard he was going to try and convince the werewolf again, the sixth and last of the prophecy'' Victoria responded quietly.

''That old man never knows when to give up'' Theophilus sighed, ''have you also gotten new information that can help us?''

Victoria nodded responding? ''It's true about the SilverFoot, Ken Blackwood has taken control of a side of them and we don't know what he is planning''

''That boy is unpredictable but his methods are questionable he's always been after power. It won't be long before they try to turn him to their side, The Two Elements told me that the enemy is planning something else and all this though important was all a diversion'' Theophilus said.

A sigh escaped the female warlord's lips "Ever since he tried to kill me five years ago, Father has placed a bounty on his head but no one has been able to even see him."

"He is probably using an invisibility charm but even that aside he has managed to evade capture without charms. He is after all a resourceful individual, you never would've thought your old classmate would be that dangerous did you?"

She didn't respond to that comment but I could hear her heart beating fast.

''We better get to Moonsville and relay the information, what about the elves?'' Victoria asked.

''They are the same, they do not wish to partake in this battle but sooner or later they won't have a choice. Even the Elf King would have to join, the Trolls are multiplying in number, they are so brave to even cross Magical Borders'' Theophilus said glancing in the distant to me then the Rose girl standing quietly next to the Nissan.

''You need to help them Vicky'' Theophilus said.

Vicky sighed, ''Well I guess I have no choice then''

Did they think I was incapable of protecting myself?

Suddenly with a loud bang appeared two individuals out of thin air.

They appeared out of nowhere and landed on the ground before, a blast of wind erupted and I was pushed back a bit as everyone looked in surprise and prepared for the worst.

Who just came?

***

GOT ANY QUESTIONS?

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, YOUR VIEWS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 5.4K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
55.5K 1.4K 26
A werewolf in the midst of humans. What's up with that? But then, a group of werewolves join the school. What happens when the Alpha is her mate? Wi...
266K 10K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...
17.5K 1.2K 49
{WATTYS 2023 WINNER} • Book 1 of the Daegelus series • While hunting for his missing friend, Elijah stumbles upon a fiery journalist, who so happens...