Until I Met You (COMPLETE)

By anahrose1977

Ten years ago she thought she's found her forever and in one glorious night, it was all over. It's been ten... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Seven

36 0 1
By anahrose1977

Rain, Georgia, and Kirill just watched her, "Maybe we should go on a trip," Rain and Kirill suggested, and Angel shook her head, "No. I just want to go home."

Georgia wrapped her in a hug and stroked her back, "How about you come home with me, and we'll do something... let Rain and Kirill have their wedding night."

Angel slumped against her and was still trying not to cry, "All right." She pulled her keys out of her purse and handed them out to Rain and Rain kissed her brow and stroked her cheek. "You're gonna be okay, kitten. I'll call you tonight, and we can talk for a bit."

Angel shook her head, "No. Tonight belongs to both of you. Just go please have a good night. Georgia and I will be okay." This time Rain nodded, and she and Kirill headed for the parking garage and headed back to Angel's house as Georgia guided Angel to the waiting town car and she smiled and gave the driver the address for the Trump International Hotel and Tower in Downtown Chicago.

Angel just sat in the backseat still trying her hardest not to cry as they traveled through the snow muffled streets.

Georgia talked non-stop about what was going on and about the hotel room Halex had paid for one night so each couple could have a night alone and she sighed as far as she knew it was still on his credit card. When they got to Wabash on the river they admired the area, "Angel isn't it pretty?"

"It is I don't come this far into the city until today. Thank you for staying with me Georgia." She slid out of the car as the bags were fetched from the trunk and Georgia smiled, and the driver waved goodbye to them as they walked in and Angel smiled at the front desk. "Angel Adler for check-in. My husband reserved the room. Halex Adler."

The receptionist clicked a few buttons on her computer and smiled, "Yes ma'am here are your key cards, you have to slide one in the slot by the inside of the door to get your lights. You also need it to work the elevators. You just tap it on the black reader and press your floor. If you need anything just call the concierge, Enjoy your stay."

Georgia took the keys from Angel as they walked to the elevators and she pulled out a key and swiped it over the reader in the elevator, and it beeped then she pushed the button for the 18th floor and up the went. Angel pressed into her side as she trembled, she did not want to cry until they had reached their room and a moment later there was a ding, the car stopped as the elevator spoke, " the Eighteenth floor." The doors slid open, and they found their room. Georgia opened the door, slid the key into the lights slot, and suddenly the dark room brightened, and she and Angel slid in, "it's two doubles... that will be perfect."

Angel picked the bed closer to the windows and settled onto the bench at the foot of it and sniffed. Georgia put her clothes away and tucked her bag in the massive closet then moved to open the curtains a bit and smiled at the snowy Chicago afternoon. "Halex got you a nice room. Would you like something to eat?" Georgia prodded gently and sat beside her. "You need to eat, your pale."

"I'm pale because I just got dumped at the altar. I gave Halex every part of me, and he just left me standing there like a twatwaffle in front of Kirill and vanished."

There was a knock on the door, and a young woman her age smiled at Georgia. "I'm Emily, I'm Mikhail's wife, and I just wanted to check on you, our rooms connect if you need anything Mikhail is in charge of getting it."

Emily smiled, and Georgia thanked her, "Can we get room services or the Spa?"

"Sure can. In fact, I have a spa day for Angel, and I scheduled for tomorrow. Get anything you like. Enjoy the bath as well. Angel if you want to talk or ask questions Mikhail will probably have all the answers you need."

Angel waved a hand over her head, and Georgia sighed. "Thank you, Emily. We will be in touch."

Emily walked back over to her door and slid in her room before Georgia closed their door and sat down, hugging Angel, "I'm going to order lunch you go get cleaned up and in your nightgown and climb up in the bed." Angel hugged her again and went over to the closet Georgia had filled for her and pulled down the white gown that she had crocheted the collar for, and embroidered little flowers on and took it in the bath.

There was a basket with bath bombs, shampoos, conditioners, even a fancy bottle of perfume that had her name engraved on it. That was when the tears came, and she practically tore her dress off as she sobbed, Angel dropped a bath bomb in the water and climbed in, her skin turning dark pink from the hot water as she sobbed and shivered at the same time, "Ha," she sniffed, "Lex. I hate you! You never come back ever." She splashed in the water as she leaned forward to turn off the water once it was deep enough to cover her body.

In the other room, Georgia ordered them BLT's and Orange Juices and a piece of chocolate cake to share. Half an hour later Angel had quieted in the bathroom. The knock came at the hall door, and Georgia opened the door and accepted the room service, signed the bill with a 20% tip she was sure Halex could afford the room, and she came back inside knocking on the bathroom door and smiled, "Honey? Angel? lunch is here come on out."

"I'll be right out," Angel called scrubbing the makeup from her face and rinsing the conditioner from her hair. Angel smelled like lavender and roses, and she pulled the plug, climbed out and dried off. Angel slid into the nightgown, a fresh pair of undies, and wrapped her hair in a second towel, tossing the used towels in the basket under the sink. She came out and sat on her bed while Georgia sat the tray down on the bed and joined her as she flipped on the TV to the USA Channel and NCIS was on.

*~*~*

Rain let Kirill and herself the into Angel's house, put the dogs out to potty as she opened the bottle of champagne set it on a tray, added two champagne flutes and a basket of strawberries. Made a plate of Mortadella and a cut up french baguet with homemade mayonnaise. Let the dogs in then headed up the stairs to her room where Kirill was undressing, his jacket was on a hanger over the back of the high back chair. His pants and button down were there too, and he was standing there flipping through TV channels in his boxer-briefs and tank top.

"Kirya?" Rain asked softly, "I brought lunch and then we are going to talk about Angel and us and Tucson."

He nodded and came over to the small table by the bed and sat down in the highback chair his suit was on, and Rain sat in the second. They pulled napkins into their laps, and Kirill poured the champagne and dropped a few strawberries in each of their flutes and sipped, "Very delicious."

Rain smiled as she made a little topless sandwich and took a bite of the Italian meat on the French bread. They beamed at one another as they nibbled and sipped, watching one another until Kirill got a dab of mayonnaise in the corner of his mouth and Rained leaned forward wiping it away and licking her finger before he blushed and he leaned in and kissed her sweet, plump lip, "Angel's life was threatened. That's why he vanished."

Rain nodded, "Well he could have married her first and told her, he didn't have to be a douche about it." Kirill chuckled and nodded, "I agree but we will take her to Tucson with us and make her happy, the safest place for her to be is with us."

"Then she will be with us. We'll have to rent a u-haul and trailer and pack up enough stuff to furnish the guest house. We'll have to crate the puppies and the adults can sit with their dog belts." Maybe we won't need a trailer, you can drive the u-haul, and we can drive the Mustang." She smiled and soon enough Lunch was gone, both were well on their way to drunk and Kirill took her to bed.

*~*~*

Angel had eaten and fallen asleep for a short nap while Georgia watched TV. While she missed her jerk of a husband, Angel meant more to her. There was a knock on the door about five pm, and a concierge host stood holding two dresses and a letter. "For Angel High and her guest Ms. Coates. You have dinner reservations at six at the restaurant Sixteen."

Georgia just stared at him but took the note and dresses, a name tag on each one. She smiled, thanked the host and shut the door and moved to wake Angel up. Handing her the card when she did she smiled and held up the dresses, "We have reservations at Sixteen, do you know how exclusive that is?"

"What yeah... with who?" She opened the card and chuckled. "The Hospital Director they're trying to sweeten my deal and keep me. I don't want to work here anymore. Not for now. I'm too sad. My heart is shattered." She set the card down and lay back down. "The dresses are from Mikhail and Emily."

Georgia sat down and stroked her back. Picked up the phone and dialed Sixteen, "Please let Andrew's party know Angel High will not be joining them. Thank you." she hung up and came and sat beside Angel and stroked her shoulder. "Why don't you try and sleep.

"All right." She smiled and hugged Georgia, "I just feel like all I want to do is scream and cry. I'm broken. Falling apart and broken. He destroyed me Georgia. He broke the part of me that feels. I can't be around kids right now. I don't even think I want kids now."

"Well don't worry... you should travel. Go places see things."

"I can't... I just want to heal." She started to sob again, the lonely sob story of a woman completely broken. Georgia just held her, rubbing her back. She couldn't believe that only two weeks ago she'd tried to hate this woman. By the time she got Angel to sleep and covered up, she went to sit by the window. The River view was beautiful, and she watched the sun as it lowered into the west and soon enough dark had fallen, and there was a knock at the door, and she got up to answer it, and there was concierge presenting her with champagne, and she took them.

"Congratulations to the newlyweds."

"Thank you the bride is sleeping at the moment, but she'll enjoy once up." She tipped him, and he bowed and left.

She set the tray down and grabbed her things for a bath.

*~*~*

Halex was able to catch a flight out to New York and then on to Dubai four hours after landing. He was turning cold. There would be no one for a while, and he twisted the bands around his wedding finger and pinkie. Angel's ring. He would never let her go, and now, now he hoped he had finally secured the breaking he had needed for many years. Now, Angel could go live a life she could accomplish things with. He rested his forehead on the window in first-class and clutched his vodka straight up.

He had called ahead to let Oded know he was returning. That he wasn't running and that he had cleared up everything in America. Now the team could move on. He didn't trust him anymore, but now, now they had a job to finish.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

854K 15.3K 48
redamancy A love returned in full; an act of loving the one who loves you. At the young age of 3, Valentina De Luca was kidnapped in the middle of th...
161 2 7
Mordecaii couldn't take it anymore: the constant teasing at school, his lame backstabbing friends, his travel-holic, abusive-but-thankfully-rarely-th...
4.7K 138 25
WARNING: For the love of God or whatever you believe in (if you're Atheist), DO NOT READ THIS. I wrote this like 10 billion years ago. I'm too lazy t...
1.8K 51 27
・゜゜・✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ・゜゜・. TW: Suicidal MC, abuse, lots of angst, sensitive topics, eventual character death ✧ BAD GRAMMAR BECAUSE IT'S NOT BETA READ BY...