GAME ON

By KSmittySmith

Nineteen year old, Vanessa Harrison going into her first year of college. Harrison is an amazing basketball p... More

MEET THE CAST
2. Chocolate Milk
3. Heart to Heart
4. Favorite
5. The Slip Up
6. Mistake
7. Again
8. This Or That
9. Date Night
10. Secretly Dating
11. Too Early
12. Confrontation
13. Pre Chills
14. GAME ONE
15. Labels
16. HOT Date
17. Opps!
18. What Are We?
19. Jealous
20. Protective
21. PLAYED
22. Consequences
23. Face to Face
24. Hurt
25. Reality
26. Last Game
27. Resume
28. Cinderella
29. Second Chance
30. Truth Comes Out
31. Clean Up Crew
32. What Team?
33. Issues
34. Ruined
35. Farewell OSU

1. Welcome To OSU

3.1K 97 12
By KSmittySmith

"We've arrived!" my mom yells.

Oh boy... I thought to myself. We pull into the freshmen parking lot at Ohio State University. It was such a beautiful day here in Ohio and I knew that wouldn't last long because well...its Ohio, the weather is bipolar. I am a freshman at OSU and can I say it feels so nice to be out of high school. Did good grades get me here? More like a scholarship to play basketball got me here. I look outside the window as my dad comes to a stop and watch all the other freshmen and their parents roll their things into the dorms. I open the door and get out and my dad looks at me and smiles.

"I'm so proud of you Vanessa" he says hugging me.

"Thanks dad" I said smiling. I'm proud of myself too. I'm also proud that my divorced parents can put aside their differences and make this day special for me. My dad and mom start to unload the car and I go to check in to get my key and things. By the time I came out, my parents had people on campus helping us. We grabbed, rolled, and carried my things up to my dorm room which was on the second floor. I open the door to see a girl wearing a tight, green shirt and tan shorts. "Jaime?" I say and the girl turns around and looks at me.

"Vanessa!" she yells coming up to me wrapping her sweaty arms around me. After I found out Jaime was my roommate in the summer, we probably talked every day up to this point. Jaime had dark brown eyes that almost look black and had long, shiny, black hair that was pulled back into a ponytail. "Mom, they're here" she shouts and I see a women appear from the bathroom. Jaime's mom had short black hair and smiles when she sees us.

"Hello, I'm Ana" she said shaking our hands.

"Hi, I'm Vivian and this is Vanessa's father Greg" my mom says setting her hands on my shoulder.

"Nice to meet you" my dad said. The lady smiles and looks at me.

"And you're Vanessa, the one Jaime talks to all night and day" she says and I laugh.

"Something like that"

"Well let's get you all moved in and talk later" Ana says and she leads the way out of the room and Jaime and I hug again giddy with excitement then we follow our parents out of the room. While walking back to our car, Jaime introduced us to her dad and her little brother. I could tell her little brother was not too fawned of helping his sister move into college. Jaime and her family came over to our car and started helping us take things up to the room.

"DAD DON'T!" I shout as he takes a blue bag out the trunk. "I mean I got it" I say grabbing it fast.

"Well, there better be one million dollars in that bag that got you hootin and hollarin" he laughs. My dad grabs my other bags and made his way back to my dorm. I hear music blaring and I look over to see a bunch of frat guys in their basic bro tanks, sitting on lawn chairs in the grass. They all were laughing and sharing conversations while watching all of us freshmen move in. I roll me eyes and turn around to grab more of my bags and started to walk away from the car and back to my dorm. I get to the sidewalk when someone got my attention.

"Excuse me" I heard a voice say. I turn around and see this tall, tanned guy wearing a cut off Ohio State shirt holding a basketball in his hand staring at me. "Umm, I think you dropped some... of your things" he adds. I looked down to see the worst thing that possibly happen on my first day of being a college student. My panties and bras spilled out of my blue bag on the concrete. My eyes widen and I go to pick up my things in a hurry.

"Oh my god!" I said picking up my bras and thongs. I get closer to him and he picks up my purple bra and I look at him.

"Here you go" he says smiling handing me the bra and I stare at the veins in his arms. Ugh, why are veins so attracting on men? I look up at him and his smile was so clean, his brown hair blew in the wind and his blue eyes did a dance. I guess that article about college guys I read on the car ride here was right, college men are hot. I take the bra and smile.

"Thanks" I say blushing because he now knows I wear a 38C and I have a purple bra.

"Trevor" the guy says sticking out his hand. I go to shake it but I still had my purple bra in my hand. Shit! He laughs and I switch hands to shake his.

"I'm embarrassed"

"Don't be" he smiles putting his hand back to his side. "So do you need any help?" he said looking at my stuff. So I could embarrass myself even more in front of the first college guy I met on campus? No thanks.

"No, I'm fine"

"You sure?"

"Yes, but thank you" I smile at him.

"Alright, see you later... embarrassed" he says smirking walking pass me. Embarrassed? Shit! I never told him my name. I watch him jog over to the guys and they all do a manly handshake then I see Trevor look back at me. I hurry and turn around, gather my things and made my way back to my dorm. After I got everything from the car to my dorm, my parents and I went out to Texas Roadhouse before they headed back home. It's actually kind of scary is it not? That I'm not living with my parents anymore. That I won't come home to dinner or my mom calling my phone all the time asking where I am at all hours. I felt naked without my parents but excited at the same time because I feel like I'm more of an adult. I wave at my parents as they pull out of the parking lot then went back up to my dorm to see Jamie already starting to decorate.

"Looking nice" I say and she smiles back at me.

"Thanks girl" she sings. I walked over to the window to see that the campus was covered with people. I can't believe I'm a college freshmen. By the time 9pm rolled around Jaime and I was exhausted from decorating our room. "I'm so tired" Jamie said laying on her bed.

"First day of classes tomorrow, you ready?" I say going to the bathroom to get changed and washed my face.

"Ugh, we should of tried to find our classes today" Jamie says and we laugh. Great, I can see myself tomorrow being the last person to walk into my classroom.

"I agree. But hey I start basketball practice tomorrow" I say coming out of the bathroom and laying down on my bed.

"What? This early? It's still fall" Jamie said cutting off the light and laying down.

"I know, I guess its conditioning or something but I've watched videos of their summer practice and I know I'm about to be completely dead" I say and Jamie chuckles.

"Same, night girl"

"Night" I said and we fell asleep. I probably didn't fall asleep until after midnight because I was so nervous for classes and basketball practice. Jamie and I both woke up around eight in the morning and got dress. I wore my black leggings with an Ohio State sweatshirt and boots then put my hair up in a messy bun. I get outside around 9am and already people were walking to their classes. I look at my schedule and the campus map at the same time and looked up to see if I can find any clue on where the hell I am. "Ugh where is it?" I said to myself.

"You lost freshmen?" someone said and I look over to see Trevor walking up to me. He was wearing a grey jacket, with his black sweatpants and holding his book-bag by one strap.

"Yea I am" I say and he smiles.

"Fine, I guess I'll help you" I laugh and gave him my paper. "English with Professor Hayes, here I'll walk you"

"Thank you" I said and we began to walk north, away from the dorms.

"What are you majoring in?" he asked.

"Marketing" I said then I look at him. "You?"

"Medicine" he says, oh lord. He's handsome and smart.

"Wow, that's amazing" I smile at him.

"And lots of hard work" he says stopping and looking at me. "This is the English department" he points to a building with an Ohio State logo on it. "You go straight down this hallway then make a left and you will find your classroom."

"Thank you" I said walking over to the door.

"See you around freshmen" I hear him call out. When I got to the class, I sat all the way in the back. Right away Professor Hayes gave us assignments and I had a paper due at the end of the week over Shakespeare. I met this really funny guy in my class named Carson who was great company to have and he was a cheerleader here at OSU. After class, I walk back to my dorm because I didn't have another class until later. When I got back to my dorm, it was empty. I grabbed a water and apple and laid on bed till my next class which started at 1:30pm and it was math. After math class, I had to run back to my dorm or I was going to be late for first day of practice.

"Hey girl" someone said as I made my way to the dorm doors. I look over and see Carson in his cheer uniform.

"You look good" I said laughing and he poses and I laugh more. "Here follow me up to my dorm, I need to get change". When we get upstairs Jamie was in her soccer shorts, pads and socks. She wore a blue sports bra and was packing her soccer bag.

"Wow! Neat cheer uniform" Jamie said.

"Darling I try. They want us to come in with the uniforms on today to take pictures" he says. I change into my basketball shorts and a red sports bra with my Nike socks as Jaime and Carson introduced their self. "Vanessa, you already have basketball practice?" he asked.

"Tell me about it" I say putting my hair up in a bun.

"Damn, OSU does not play" Carson says. I agree. When we left, Carson and Jamie walked opposite directions from me. Carson was going to the football field and Jamie was going to the soccer field and they were right next to each other. I walk over to the gymnasium all alone. I walk into the locker room and a bunch of girls were talking and getting changed. I look over at girls giggling and it looked like everyone knew each other.

"You Harrison?" someone asked and I look to see this mixed girl, with pretty blonde curls staring at me.

"Yea?" I said hesitant and she smiles.

"Your post is next to mine" she said and walked me to the bench and above it read my name.

"This is so sweet" I said putting my stuff down. I ran my hand over my name and smiled. This isn't a dream, I'm actually playing women's basketball at Ohio State University.

"So you're the new freshmen?" someone says and I turn to see this tan girl with brown hair pulled back in a tight ponytail. She folds her arms and stares at me waiting for me to respond.

"Am I the only new freshmen on the team?" I say laughing.

"More like you are the only new recruit on the team" she said and I look around. Really? "I'm Heather, and this is Bianca" Heather says pointing to the blonde curly hair next to me and she smiles.

"Hi, I'm Vanessa"

"Yea we know, you should thank Bianca for getting you on the team" Heather says walking away.

"What?" I asked looking over at Bianca.

"I came with our assistant coach to scope you out at one of your games" Bianca says and I smile.

"Why the assistant coach?" I asked.

"Well our main coach is recovering so his son is taking over. But he's too busy to actually go and find new people to recruit" Bianca states.

"But he's hot so I don't blame him" another girl shouts and I laugh

"But he's strict and a pain in my ass" Heather said.

"Why do we practice this early? Like its only fall" I asked probably being that annoying freshmen that everyone wants to ignore.

"It's just something the coaches decided to do for the women and men's basketball teams" Heather says.

"Coach is coming in five" someone shouts. Some girls hurry to put their bras and shorts on when a middle-age man with dark hair walks in. He was white, tall and very handsome.

"That's our coach or the new Calvin Klein model" I whispered and some of the girls started laughing. I couldn't believe it. Was it legal to have someone like him be the women's basketball coach?

"A whole lot of chitchat on the first day ladies" the coach said and everyone got quiet. "I'm Coach West, and the only reason I'm saying that is because we have a new recruit". Uh-oh, that's me. He looks over at me. "State your name" he says. State my name? Are we in the army?

"I'm Vanessa Harrison" I said slowly.

"Now everyone" the coach said walking around in the middle. "Vanessa is here ready for practice but she's missing a key item" he said stopping in front of me. "Your practice jersey."

"Oh yea" I say looking away from him.

"You would think that you should see me first to get things across but you rather come in here and start to chitchat with the ladies" he said. I didn't know how to respond. I was getting roasted on the first day by coach. He turns around and to the assistant coach I believe threw a jersey at Coach West then he turns to give it to me. He stares at me, shakes his head, and then walks away. "I want you ladies out on the court in two minutes" he yells leaving. Some of the girls started to get ready in a hurry.

"Glad to see the coach already hates me" I say getting ready.

"No, he's like that with everyone" Bianca states.

"Like I said... he's an ass" Heather adds in. By the time we got out on the court there was a time going and it buzzed before the last girl could get on the line.

"Wow look at this team. You guys all look out of shape, summer is such a waste of time" he said rubbing his head. I look down at all the girls and I'm not going to lie, I thought we all were in bomb-ass shapes. "You have something to say Harrison?" coach said and I look at him scared.

"No sir" I say.

"Good" he said staring at me. "Lots of conditioning will whoop your sorry asses into shape. Give me 3 suicides, GO!" he said blowing the whistle and we were off. I was dead by the time I reached the line and some of us grabbed our waters and took a big squirt, trying to catch our breath. "I want eight laps around the gym, GO!" the coach said blowing his whistle again and we were off. After we were done, we all lean against the wall trying to catch our breath. If I could die, I would, right now. "I want six more laps, fifty jumping jacks, twenty sit-ups, twenty push-ups and 2 more laps, GO!" he said blowing the whistle and we were off yet again. I wasn't sure how the girls could remember how many sets he told us to do for each exercise so I guess based off on this girl next to me who I kept up with the entire time.

When the last girl was done we had to do wall-sits while he talked to us and you could hear everyone breathing heavy. "You guys were chitchatting in the locker room, when you know time is precious, that's one suicide. You ladies didn't warm up when you came in here, just sat around, that's a lap. Every time you took a water break I never told you to, that's a suicide. You guys are a team cheer on your teammates, it's too silent in here that's another lap. Also Baker, you were the last one to get on the line when the buzzer went off. She's your teammate make sure everyone is out the locker room at the same time. That's another lap. Wake up ladies! You are not on the damn beach anymore, now GO!" he yells and we were off.

We started to cheer each other down to the last person reaching the line. We waited until coach told us to get our waters. "Drink" he said and some of us rushed over to the wall to get our bottles. "Everyone head out to the weight room" he says. Finally! I rather go lift weights then continue to run. "Not you Harrison" coach says. I stop and looked at him. The whole team got quiet. "You were not prepared before practice, in which I had to bring you your uniform, you owe me a suicide" he said. The girls start to chatter among themselves.

"You serious coach?" I said staring at him. Like it was my first day, cut me some slack.

"I'm always serious, and why don't you add on another suicide for questioning my authority" he says and I drop my mouth.

"I'm sorry" I said.

"Ladies! If we lose a game and apologize for it does that change the fact that we lost?" he said to the girls but kept his eyes on me.

"No sir!" they all shout.

"Of course not, so keep your useless apology andgive me 2 suicides," I bite my lip and walk over to the line. "Oh andHarrison?" he said and I look at him. "Welcome to the OSU Women'sBasketball team" he said then blew the whistle and I was off.

Authors Note: (HEY GUYS!! WELCOME TO A NEW STORY!!! I really hope you all enjoyed the first chapter!!! Be sure to vote and comment below because I love hearing and seeing familiar faces!!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 12.2K 66
I chuckled slightly and shook my head. "Does that usually work for you? The cute little remarks and that nice smile." I teased. He gave me a sheepish...
205K 6.3K 34
Vanina Castillo leads an ordinary life as a High School teacher, that is, until a former pro athlete, aka her childhood crush, moves in next door. F...
202K 3.3K 42
Imagines of Mikey 🥰. Send request. Slow updates
921K 42.6K 44
⚠THIS STORY IS CURRENTLY UNDER EDIT. I APOLOGIZE IF YOU COME ACROSS MISTAKES, BUT DO KNOW THEY ARE SLOWLY BEING FIXED. ENJOY READING⚠ Independent, ha...