INFATUATED

By blue_ink_08

Studious, Pious, Beautiful, Introvert- enough adjectives to describe her. She gets tagged with 'TOO SERIOUS'... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter-1 : Arrival
Chapter-2 : The Beginning
Chapter-3 : Determined
Chapter-4 : Second Time
Chapter-5 : Collision
Chapter-6 : Freshers'
Chapter-7 : The Wonder Woman
Chapter-8 : Is everything alright?
Chapter-9 : The Call
Chapter-10 : Getting Over It
Chapter-11 : Patience
Chapter-12 : Cost of the Favour
Chapter-13 : A Suitor?
Chapter-14 : Unbearable
Chapter-15 : Collaboration
Chapter-16 : Gate Unlocked
Chapter-17 : One step closer
Chapter-18 : Recompense
Chapter-19 : Cast Down
Chapter-20 : Flam?
Chapter-21 : Back to the Pavilion
Chapter-22 : I see the light
Chapter-23 : Dilemma
Chapter-24 : Another Nuisance
Chapter-25 : Cruxes
Chapter-26 : Stunned
Chapter-28 : The Chase Begins
Chapter-29 : Now What?
Chapter-30 : New Year, New Him
Chapter-31 : Palpitations
Chapter-32 : She who matters
Chapter-33 : Inexplicable Happiness
Chapter-34 : Intertwining Lives
Chapter-35 : Sponsalia
Chapter-36 : Pandemonium
Chapter-37 : Thunderbolt
Chapter-38 : Crestfallen
Chapter-39 : Explication
Chapter-40 : Persistence
Chapter-41 : Red Tomato
Chapter-42 : I love you
Chapter-43 : You Win
Epilogue
Writer's Note

Chapter-27 : Persuasion

249 25 2
By blue_ink_08

Zawad's P.O.V.

WHAT THE F**K!!!!

Electricity flew through my spine hearing that.. Did I just hear him right??

"Whatttt??? I believe you are mistaken Mr. Whoever you are."

"Why? No. It's Shayba Ahmed.
S-H-A-Y-B-A!" He spelled it out and made it crystal clear to me only to shatter all my dreams, hopes, desires and aspirations into a billion pieces. And suddenly everything around me just stopped.

There is no other Shayba in my team who he can be talking about. How can she have a boyfriend????!!

No.... It can't be.... Some longings that I never knew I had in my mind obliterated in one single instant. She can't be in gallantry! She can't be anyone else's already!

"Umm you mean the niqabi one?"I tried to turn my last stone up to be sure when his face beamed with joy,"YES! You know her?!"

"Oh! Ummm.... Yeah.. Wait here. I'm calling her down."saying this,I ushered upstairs.

Shayba can't be in a relationship! It can't be true! That guy is mistaking somehow. Though I never asked her directly before but... it just doesn't feel right! Shayba takes her religion way too seriously. I know that! Not only me, she avoids eye contact with every single male, even all the male teachers because of her extreme shyness! How can this girl be in a relationship that her boyfriend comes this far only to pour water to the fire in her mind??? No way! No freaking way!!

I knocked on the door of the girls' room and one of my classmates immediately opened it.

"Zawad? What is it? We are getting ready."

"Call Shayba. Now!"

"Why? What happened?"she asked with concern.

"Oh just call her for God's sake!!"I burst out in frustration.

Being surprised at my sudden change of behavior, she murmured, "Ahh wait...."

A while later, the long awaited niqabi girl appeared before me,"Yes, Zawad bhai? You called me?"

"Someone is waiting downstairs for you."I said gazing down. Why am I feeling so frustrated with this?

"Huh? Who???"

"Go and have a look."saying this,I headed to the first floor. Hesitating for some moments, she followed me too.

I hoped and prayed like crazy that she won't recognize the guy and bump him that instant saying he was nothing related to her but the moment we stepped out of the last stair level, she froze to her place and whispered in disbelief, "WHAT.ARE.YOU.DOING.HERE??!!"

So this was true.

I moved aside to give them some space to talk but my feet didn't let me go further so that I could hear their conversation clearly. I definitely need to know which stage they are on in their relationship. My heart restlessly began to beat faster for getting such a tremendous blow that it was never prepared for. I never thought of this possibility because I was too sure of her character. Was I wrong??????

"Shayba!"he came near,"It's so good to see you."he genuinely smiled.

"I'm.. I.. Oh Gosh..."she started to stammer frustratingly,"I don't understand why are you here!?!?!"

"To confront you."he smiled again,"By the way can you remove that thing from your face for now? It's been a long time I don't get to see your pretty pink face."

WHAT THE...!! How dare he talk like that to her?????

"Just..Spit..Out....!"she gritted hardly subduing her anger.

"O..kay..! Shayba, I came here because I just wanted you to know how you already mean so much to me! I mean we just met for once. And look at me! How much I've fallen for you! Without you I'm just a sculpture with a stone heart. Please try to understand how ardently I love you. Please don't make me return with a heavy heart this time Shayba."he renounced.

Are you kidding me?! That's definitely a long memorized dialogue! Don't fall in his traps Shayba. PLEASE!

"I can't believe this! WHY ARE YOU BEING SO STUBBORN???? I said I would think about it, didn't I???? Can't you spare me for only three days??!!!" she yelled. Her tone clearly projecting how repulsed and beaten back she was by his sudden appearance. Well, he mentioned his so called girlfriend's anger to me a while ago.

"Yes. But I thought you won't realize how you already left your footprints in my heart. I want you to feel the same one day as I am feeling now. I promise one day I'll make you fall for me and you won't step back from our wedding. I came to tell you this because I thought we needed this."
Oh my God! He is such a drama king!

"Unbelievable! Why have you come to ruin my tour? Get out of here before making a scene!!"she said ,frustrated, noticing the presence of a crowd slowly gathering around her.

"I will. But later. I'll stay in this hotel till we go back to Dhaka. I will be with you all this time. Let's return home together and tell everyone that we are consentinent of our marriage."

She was up in arms now, "No one is going to spend days together and NO ONE is going to say yes to this stupid marriage proposal! You get that?!"

"Shayba, don't lark and make me puzzle over this. You are saying yes."

"I....I would rather kill myself than marrying a lunatic like you!!!" Her red exasperated eyes filled with water in front of me as she dashed to the stairs trying hard to stop sobbing. She literally blew a fuse.

All on a rush, her niqab fell off her face and flew to the other side of the hall floor. Before long I looked up and saw affront the familiar beautiful face after a decade! Just one glance! I got to see that pretty face for one milisecond when she hurriedly hid it with her palm and ascended to upstairs. Standing in my place,I blankly stared at her stature forgetting to breathe as she disappeared as quickly as possible.

It was the loud sound of the crowd and a jolt from behind that brought me back to the present.

I stared down and yes, it was still there. Walking two steps forward, I picked up the niqab when no one paid a single glance of importance to it.

The allure I am groping inside my chest holding this tiny little piece of black cloth is enow to realize that I am attracted to her more than anyone else in this world. The pang I am feeling in my heart right now to see her crying and the longing I am cherishing inside me every moment to wipe off the teardrops from her face are ample to understand that my affection for her isn't something trifle. The fume I can feel burning in my head to kill that suited guy right now, in front of everyone and in this instant, is enough proof that I am feeling possessiveness over her.

Yes. I can't deny that anymore.

I am in love...

With Shayba Ahmed....

Shayba's P.O.V.

Why? Just why did he have to spoil my tour? Why did he come to Coxs' Bazar with such a lame excuse to ruin my days??? He destroyed my reputation in front of everyone! Everyone saw us talking to each other in the hotel lobby and Allah knows what their conception about me was.

Slamming the washroom door as usual when I'm angry or mortified, I took a deep breath in before the mirror when two drops of tear fell down my cheeks.

Stupid girl! Why are you crying?

His words agitated me so much that I lost my words, I didn't know what to tell him. I ran away because I didn't want to feel anymore embarrassed there. I didn't want to see that face anymore, neither to hear those stupid sweet talks.

How much I actually mean to him? Bullshit! Does he think that I am an idiot who is going to run away with a guy like him how heroines in movies do? Oh screw that! I don't even know him!

On the contrary, my friends are currently ceaselessly banging on the washroom door telling me to come out and join them in the breakfast table as they are in a hurry for their program. But I lost my appetite. I don't wanna go anywhere today. Just why is he staying in the same hotel as mine? He ruined my mood, my picnic my prestige and everything. Moreover, how dare he tell me to take off my niqab??? And why Allah??? Just why did it have to fall in front of HIM when I wanted to run away from him the most???

I opened the door and told Shelly who was knocking till now that I won't go anywhere today as I am not feeling well.

"Are you sure Shayba? Don't "

"Yeah."

"O...kay."she stepped back,"Bye,then."

"Bye."

"Take care."

I nodded.

Everyone went out eyeing me a weird glance. Avoiding that,I sat still in the bed and started pondering on my fate. I woke up at dawn today before everyone else in this room, prayed Fazar and then got ready putting on my new white hoodie over the black abaya.

This hoodie was bought online for the purpose of this picnic recently from H2O. Fascinated by the display,I thought it would be really comfy and warm. But in reality it doesn't feel so at all! After receiving the parcel,I was totally disappointed with the delivery. The box symbolized their poor service which grieved me even more. I'm gonna give a review against this H2O company soon for displaying such a deceiving picture on internet where the real life product is much worse than that. I don't understand if the flaw is with their service or my poor luck that is receiving nothing but woes these days.

Whatever,today we were supposed to go to the famous Inani beach which I have heard of since my childhood but never went there. So I was immensely excited for that. I texted Annaba about our trip to make her a little bit jealous. Everything was perfect. Little chit chats and speculations over this tour overwhelmed me to the pinnacle.

But we plan and Allah plans. Little do we know that Allah is the best of planners. Probably it was His will that I won't go there today.

I never felt so dejected and hopeless before as I am doing now. Why did that lunatic book the same hotel as mine??? How did he know I was here??? Now that I think of it, definitely my mom has a connection to do with it. She is the one who has informed him every single thing about my hereabouts. I don't understand, is she crazy???? I will never pick up her call again!

Suddenly someone knocked on the door.

"Who is it?"

"Shayba,it's me Zawad. Open the door."

They didn't go yet? But I don't want to open the door! My heart wanted to howl loud "Leave me alone!" but the thing is I am not used to disobey my elders. I can't ignore their approach to me even if I don't have the mood to. So taking out another niqab from my luggage and tying it's knot behind my head carefully, I opened the door gazing down, "Assalamu Alaikum Bhaiya."

"Walaikum Salam. Are you sure you aren't coming?"

"Yes."I kept staring down on the floor trying my best not to cry again.

"You are backing off because you are angry with your boyfriend?"

"HE IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!"I snapped my head upwards with eyes burning in anger forgetting to keep my gaze down anymore.

"O...kaaay, but he is the one who told me so."

"WHAAAT????? HOW DARE THAT GUY??? WHAT ELSE DID HE TELL YOU? TELL ME EVERY SINGLE THING!" I shouted.

"Errr... let me recall. He told that you two are in a relationship and were having some bf-gf issues for which he came directly from Dhaka to mend your affinity."

"I swear I'll...!" I take a deep breath to calm down my anger and stop swearing nonsensical stuff. "Never mind. You please go on with your team. I'm not feeling like going out today."

"So you want us to leave you the whole day with this guy in the same hotel while we enjoy at Inani beach?" he replied giving me a smirk.

Oh boy. I didn't think of that. He will be staying with me for the whole day??? "NO FREAKING WAY!!"

"Then come with us. We are leaving in two minutes." He chuckled seeing me afraid for such a stupid reason.

"But what if he follows me there too?"

"Leave that upon me. You don't have to worry about that. Don't waste your precious picnic for one stupid guy Shayba."

Now I came to think for a minute. He is right. I can't let a guy ruin my each plan of pleasure and mirth!

"Coming."

"Good girl."he smiled.

I returned to my bed and picked up my phone and bag. I was ready a long time ago.

"Ahh Shayba?" Zawad bhai called me from the door.

"Hmm?"

"Who is he actually?"

"Ahhh forget it! He is my suitor."

"Suitor? Why so soon? You are only getting promoted to the second year!"

Coming out of the room, I locked the door. Then descending the stairs together stated the truth, "Exactly! But who will convince my parents???? They think it's the best time for their daughter to get married as she is getting mind blowing proposals now. They are afraid that if I do get a Ph.D degree,I won't get such so called awesome proposals later because guys' families don't want that much educated girls as wives. Hence come my suitors Rahat and Siam. Wait, why am I even telling you all these????"

He replied nothing as we reached the bus. I got on my one and he got on his.

I should forget about Siam's existence here and enjoy my day. Why will I be the one to sit idle in the room whining about my luck because of him? His appearance must not affect me at all.

Reaching at Inani beach,I sat on one big stone to soak my legs in the water. My helm of abaya got drenched as I percussed my feet. Most of my friends dapped to swim in the ocean while I and a few only walked by the shore.

I took a long intense breath and released it slowly to calm down a bit. Alhumdulillah. It felt really relishing not to face that guy whom I was hiding from. I thought he would chase me all the way to here to mess everything up. But thanks to the Almighty, he didn't do such thing. It was wise of me to listen to Zawad bhai. I squandered around the place clicking umpteen photos with my DSLR, and yes obviously some selfies too to post it on Facebook.

Spending the whole day in awe, we tiredly returned to our hotel in the evening having no idea about what was to wait for me in there.

When I was entering the hotel, it was conspicuous that some pairs of eyes were upon me. From the guard to the waiter, everyone was observing me as if they knew that I was the girl who created a damn scene at the lobby in the morning. Shouted like crazy and then suddenly ran upstairs leaving her niqab behind. Argh! It was so embarrassing!

But how do they even know that I am the same girl???? I am covered from head to toe!! Being the only niqabi in the team, everyone recognizes me very well, but how do the hotel porters even know that??

Ignoring all the eyes, I scuttled into my room quick. I am so gonna kill this Siam! Even uttering his bloody name gives me creeps! My picnic wasn't supposed to be like this. But he is the one who is not sparing me any time chasing me everywhere like a lunatic to get me to say yes. I mean come on man! If you want me to consider the whole thing thoroughly, then give me some time! Who told you to come to Coxs' Bazar like a Romeo????

After getting refreshed we headed downstairs to take our dinner. When we were waiting for our food to be served, sitting altogether in a table laughing over today's silly matters, a waiter approached us, to be more specific, ME.

I looked at him confusingly finding him coming directly towards me. He had a huge tray with a lid on it in his left hand. He placed the tray in front of me and opened its lid. "Special dinner platter for you, Mam." he uttered standing erect. My jaw dropped as I glanced at the circular tray. There was a full roasted chicken, some lobsters, rice, beans and so mane more items which I don't even know the names of! I could feel all the astonished pairs of eyes on me. What on earth is going on??!

"Wh..what??"

"Sir ordered us to serve you the best platter we have for dinner."

"What Sir??? Who is your Sir??? What is all these???" I screamed.

"Mam, I mean your fiance."

My whole body incinerated this time in anger. I'm so going to chop this guy with the best knife they have!

"Get that thing away from this table RIGHT NOW!!!"

"Mam, please try to understand, we made this dinner specially for you! Sir would be upset if you don't take a bite of it." he said making puppy dog eyes. But finding me still glaring at him, he added,"Sir said he would be more than happy if you join him in that dinner table now. He is waiting for you." He pointed at one smilingly.

I looked over there and found Siam. THIS GUY!!!!!

I stood up bolt struck and padded my hoof to him while the waiter followed me too with his stupid tray.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING??? How dare you first call yourself my boyfriend and then my fiance?? What the heck are you up to????"

Smiling at me, Siam stood up and moved a chair for me to sit.

"Reply to my question first Mr. Siam. For your kind information, I haven't come to have my dinner with you." I gritted. This time I was more than agitated.

Still he managed to keep that smile on his face to say, "I don't care if my first attempt failed to please you. I would keep trying until you love me like I do Shayba."

He's unbelievable! Where does he get such stupid pick-up lines?

"Fine then! Get old trying."

He simpered. I was so pissed off! Argh! How can he still manage to laugh when I humiliated him in front of literally everyone?!?! I turned my eyes around. Even the waiters are looking at us! Oh Allah, please save my prestige at least!

I whirled at once on my heels and headed up to my room in embarrassment completely forgetting about my supper.

Self respect before anything else.

No sooner had I slammed the door of my room, my phone started ringing. I looked and found it was from Annaba.

"WHAAAT???"my loud reaction went through the phone finally being able to scream.

"Geez girl! You tore apart my eardrums! Dad and Bhaiya are going on a Indonesia trip. They asked if you needed something." she uttered completely ignoring my anger.

"Yeah right. Tell them to bring a nice COFFIN for me so that I can rest in peace!"

"Ahhah!" She giggled, "As you wish madam."

"Annaba it's not funny! Who sent that idiot here?"

"You are still confused? Mom! Who else?"

I hung up the phone and threw it on my bed breathing loud. I can eat both mom and Siam alive. What do they think they are doing? And how can my own mom plan such annoying stuff to get on my nerves? This time she is so in trouble!

_______________________________________

😥😥😥

Assalamu Alaikum pretty readers! I am here with your evening snack! Enjoy!

And tell me one truth. Are you cheesed off or actually enjoying this story because of Siam? Do let me know! 😉

Love.💕

And don't forget to VOTE!!!!🌟

Follow me for more support! 💙💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 494 16
Second book in Her series ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Never rush in love for it never runs out. Let love be the one to knock on your door so tha...
386K 26.9K 63
Genre: Romance, Suspence, and Spritiual ranking#1 IN MODEL She is his boss and He is her PS. She is a model and He is Worker. She is B...
587K 28.9K 59
COMPLETED!āœ”šŸ”±āœ… "Don't worry little one there is no one here to save you from me, you don't know how desperately I have waited for this moment," he sa...
288K 16.1K 46
Highest rank #38 in spiritual. Completed meet Hatina, a young muslimah who always dreamed of being loved, but anyone she loved never loved her back...