Don't You Ever Let Me Go. (Ja...

By PierceTheVeilsSirens

On the first day of 8th grade Jack Barakat notices the new kid, soon to be known as no other than Alex Gaskar... More

Singing Into A Hair Brush - Chapter 2
Keep It In Your Shirt- Chapter 3
What Am I Doing - Chapter 4
And That Is When My Heart Shattered- Chapter 5
Choices & Burns -Chapter 6
When Im Not Such A Prick -Chapter 7
So What If I Am?- Chapter 8
I Don't Know You Anymore -Chapter 9
Feels Like Breaking Out -Chapter 10
I Wish I Was Just To Piss You Off -Chapter 11
Like A Candle You Burned Out- Chapter 12
So Close- Chapter 13
Smiles And Texts-Chapter 14
The Letter -Chapter 15
I'll Make It Up To You- Chapter 16
Burned Down -Chapter 17
Fuck You -Chapter 18
That False Hope Of Promises- Chapter 19
Never Felt Right Calling This 'Just Friends' -Chapter 20
Alex And How He Let Me Go In The End -Chapter 21
You're All I Know -Chapter 1
You're All I Know//Gone -Chapter 2
You're All I Know- Chapter 3
You're All I Know- Chapter 4
You're All I Know -Chapter 5
You're All I Know -Chapter 6
You're All I Know -Chapter 7
You're All I Know- Chapter 8
You're All I Know -Chapter 9
You're All I Know- Chapter 10
You're All I Know- Chapter 11 The End
Epilogue

First Day Of 8th Grade- Chapter 1

21.9K 457 1.4K
By PierceTheVeilsSirens

[Jack's pov]

"I love you Jacky, have a good day!" My mom called from the living room. "I love you too mom!" I yelled and walked out the door. Today is the day I have been dreading since the 1st day of summer. Today is the first day of 8th grade, I'm finally, technically, in the high school. 

I walked down the sidewalk. The Baltimore air was chilly, seeing how it's only 7:25 in the fucking morning. Who wakes up at a time like this? I shivered and zipped up my Blink-182 hoodie. I slid my earbuds in my ears and started to listen to Green Day, which was blasting through my Ipod. 

I reached the bus stop. Zack stood at the sign patiently for me and the bus. You see, Zack is probably my only friend, he's the only laid back kid in the whole school. But of course the assholes at this school don't see him like that, so he gets bullied along with me. "Ready for another day in Hell?" Zack whispered. I nodded, not really wanting to respond using words. Another thing you guys should know about Zack is, he's always quiet. He never talks to anyone besides me. I'm pretty the whole school, including teachers hasn't heard his voice before. He's just shy around people and I understand that. But he only talks to me because we've known each other since 1st grade. 

The bus pulled up in front of us, too soon for school ugh. We got on and looked for a place to sit. I shrugged and sat in the first seat with Zack. We aren't even at school yet and I can already hear everyone laughing at us, making pathetic jokes about us with their friends. I felt someone behind me tap my shoulder. I turned around to see some random person laughing at me, "Where'd you get that outfit, Emo fucker." I looked down, I had my black skinny jeans, red converse, black Blink-182 hoodie and a Green Day shirt. "H-Hot Topic." I whispered. The person never answered me so I guess they didn't hear me. Zack gave me an apologetic look and a small smile as we pulled up to the school. 

Zack and I shuffled to the front door of the huge school, receiving tons of pushing, shoving, name calling, anything but nice comments. I sighed and looked at my schedule. 

"Where's your locker?" I looked over at Zack, who was studying his schedule as well. 

"Uhh 304.. Where's yours?" He asked back. 

"Uhm 107." I replied with a slight frown. 

He sighed and took my schedule. "We have music and algebra together." He stated and handed me back my schedule. We said our goodbye's as we parted ways. 

I searched for my locker and once I found it, I was really nervous. There were teenagers, way older than me, that surrounded the area. There was only a few people my age in this section of lockers. I bit my lip and opened my locker. 

I heard a bunch of laughter erupt in the hallway. I turned around to see the bunch of populars hanging around an unfamiliar face. I stared at the sandy-haired kid. Obviously he's new here, but how did he manage to climb his way to the top of the school's popular list so soon? I studied him, very closely. I hate him, I've come to that conclusion. He's popular without trying, so I hate him. He doesn't know what it's like to be like Zack or I, so I hate him. So many reasons for me to hate the new jerk swirled in my mind endlessly. 

"What are you staring at fucker?" Ronnie, the most popular girl in school, yelled at me. 

"N-Nothing." I whispered, clearly in-audible for her to hear. 

"Are you going to fucking speak or will we have to make you?" She retorted once more. 

I winced at her high pitched tone and spoke a little louder, "I said I w-was looking at the poster behind you." I lied. 

Ronnie and the popular kids turned around to see the poster of the school map. Ronnie rolled her eyes and brought her attention back to the new guy, who I haven't learned the name of. I saw the new guy-How I'm going to refer to him now- look at me for a brief second. 'He's totally judging you. You don't look rich enough or good enough for him.' I thought to myself, again. 

I got my books out of my locker and shuffled down the hallway to my first class. I sat in the back of the Language Arts room and pulled out my purple notebook. I scribbled down some good ideas for guitar parts in songs and then I just started to draw all over my paper. Soon Mrs.Kennedy walked in the room with her usual smile on her face. I looked up to see that new kid from earlier walk in behind her. I scoffed and went back to drawing, I managed to sketch Jack and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas on the paper. I smiled at my work but then my smile faded when the new kid had to introduce himself, and I had to pay attention. 'Well, I guess it could be worse. At least Ronnie and her bitches aren't in this class.' I thought to myself and turned my attention towards the kid at the front of the room. 

"Hey, my name's Alex Gaskarth, I like to play golf.." He glanced at me again with a slight smirk on his face. Oh god, how bland can this kid be? He's just like all the other rich assholes in this school! "I'm from England and my parent's and I moved here because of their jobs. I also enjoy writing." He finished and sat down in front of me. I shivered in disgust at the thought of the new kid -I mean Alex- being so close to me. 

Here's the thing about the rich kids in this school. They are rich but they act like assholes. The girls dress slutty and the guys try to act like swag addicted faggots. Basically if you aren't rich, you will never fit in here. That's the main reason why Zack and I are total outcasts, we don't enjoy what they like and we have to work for money, we don't get expensive things just handed to us on a gold platter handed by a butler. No, we have to learn about reality in the hardest way possible. That my friends, is the main reason why I will never become friends with someone like Alex fucking Gaskarth. 

Speaking of the devil, Alex turned in his chair to face me. I kept my head low and just continued with my drawing. He just stared at me for a minute before speaking. "Can I borrow a pencil?" He whispered.

"I don't have any." I whispered back. My voice sounding harsh, just like I wanted it to. 

"But you have a whole pencil case full." He whispered and pointed at my bag. I grunted and took a pencil out.

"Keep the fucking thing." I whispered with even more of a harsh tone than before. Alex chuckled and turned around in his seat to face the front of the class. 'What an asshole.' I thought to myself. 

The bell rang through out the school, signaling for the next class. If I had any luck, Alex or Ronnie or any other rich posh kid wouldn't be in the same class. I do have to admit, I love how I actually grew some balls and started to brave towards Alex and give him what he deserves. I mean he did deserve it right? He's new and he's already a part of the posh rich asshole club who harasses Zack and I almost everyday! 

Zack and I walked to the History room and sat in the back like always. We've always sat farthest away from people. It's just our thing I guess. 

"Oh look guys, it's the gay couple!" Ronnie clapped her hands and pointed at Zack and I. Well, no such luck for Jack-Yes I refer to myself in the 3rd person sometimes.- Ronnie and her whole crowd of rich bitches are in the class. Including Alex, god please help me. 

"Oh yeah, look at the Lesbian couple." I whispered to Zack and pointed to Alex and Ronnie. Zack busted out laughing, causing everyone to turn towards us because Zack is usually quiet. 

"What are you two faggots laughing at?" Ronnie spat and glared at us. Alex was trying to copy her angry and stupid ass attitude but failed. It was actually really humorous. "Zack, I want you to know that I'm completely straight but I have to do this, it'll be funny." I whispered. Zack nodded his head and tried to hold back the laughter. 

"I'm hanging out with my boiii frand." I imitated Ronnie's voice. "Looky I'm Ronnie, such a badass!" I squealed. I turned to Zack and winked. I pulled his face towards mine and kissed the corner of his mouth. I looked at the rich groups angry expressions and everyone else's disgusted expression. 

Before I knew it Alex was ran towards me and punched me right in the face. I froze still. I really wasn't expecting Alex to punch me or hurt me so soon, well I guess I know now that he is for sure an asshole who thinks he's better than everyone else. Alex's eyes were basically burning holes right through my head. "Don't you ever fucking do that again." He spat and punched me in the gut before walking away. 

I felt the area around my eye. It's already starting to swell up so no doubt, i'll have a black eye. What a fucking prick. 

"Should we just skip the rest of the day?" I whispered to Zack. He thought for awhile until he made up his mind. "Yeah, let's just go to your house." he mumbled.

Zack and I snuck out the back entrance of the school and just walked down the road kicking rocks as we went. The first day of school went terrible. Utter shit if you ask me. 

"So, who's that Alex kid and why does he hate you?" Zack looked up from the rock he was kicking. 

"He's a new student. Another rich prick who thinks he's better than us." I shrugged. 

We stopped at the front of my house and I got the hidden key from the plant on the front porch. I unlocked the door and put the key back in it's place and then we went inside. Zack and I automatically ran upstairs to my bedroom and sat in the gaming chairs I had set up. 

"So how was your day?" I sighed and handed him a cold Monster I had gotten from the kitchen. 

"Shit." He mumbled. Agreed, Zack, agreed. 

"Yeah, I can't wait until the end of high school." I smiled at the thought of what I would do when I grow up. 

"Yeah, it'll be awesome. No teachers, no rich assholes, no bullying, nothing like that. It'll just be Zack and Jack, hanging out doing whatever we want." Zack chuckled and took a drink of his Monster. 

After a few moments of silence Zack spoke again. "So tell me about this Alex kid." He looked up at me. I made a sound and look of disgust just by the sound of his name. 

"He likes writing, playing golf, his full name is Alex Gaskarth, he's a complete prick, and he just moved here. That's all I know, besides him punching me in the face." I pointed to my eye as I said the last part. Zack just shook his head. 

Zack and I sat in my room for the next 2 hours playing random video games in my room and drinking monster. We played guitar and listened to Blink-182 and Green Day. How ironic, both of those bands are on my shirt.. Well shirt and hoodie. 

"Jack, are you home?" My mom called out through the house. I paused the game and Zack and I walked down the stairs. 

"Yeah mom?" I asked her. She looked a little worried. 

"Oh thank goodness, the school called and said they couldn't find you. Why are you two here and what happened to your eye?" My mom looked even more worried about my eye. 

"I fell." I shrugged my shoulders simply. See, my mom never really knew about the bullying that happens. I never told her. I know if I tell her she'll call the school and get the posh kids in trouble and then they'll beat on me twice as much. Zack was the same way, he never tells his mom either. 

"Oh okay, well why weren't you guys in school?" Oh fuck, hurry Jack! Come up with an excuse before she finds out or gets suspicious.

"You see, Mrs.Barakat, Jack forgot his binder and so we came back to find it and you weren't here. We couldn't find it and we were just upstairs in his room trying to find it, when you called him down here." Zack lied. He's really shy but if he needs to lie, then he has no problems doing so as long as there's a good reason to. Remind me to thank Zack for this later, I owe him for this. 

"Okay, well there's no reason to go back now so you guys can just hang out and I'll make you guys some snacks." My mom smiled at us and shooed us off to my room. Thank god my mom likes Zack! Woah not in that way. 

I shut my bedroom door and turned back to Zack. "Dude, I owe you my life for that!" I whisper-yelled so my mom couldn't hear me. Zack laughed and high fived me. "No problem, bro. I didn't want us to get in trouble." He whispered back. 

"Jack!" My mom called out for me once more. I grumbled and made my way down stairs. 

"Yeah, mom?" I asked again. 

"There's a family who moved in across the street and I invited them for dinner. They even have a child your age so maybe you and Zack could have more friends." My mom smiled. I nodded and ran up stairs. 

"What was that about?" Zack chuckled at my tired-from-running-downstairs expression. 

"She just told me about how she invited some people over for dinner." 

"Ahh, well I gotta get going. If my mom finds out about me skipping she'll be pissed!" Zack stood up and stretched his arms. 

I waved him goodbye and he was gone. Now it's just me, myself and I. Well, along with some music and thoughts running through my head. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 48 12
Alex's wife leaves him with their 3 month old son, she doesn't want to come back. She doesn't like life, and she wishes she'd never been married or h...
30K 929 73
______ "I need a room for a night?" I ask the lady at the check in desk at the hotel. She didn't question the tears running down my face, or my phon...
726 54 12
Alex is a fifteen year old boy who had the worst luck in life. He'd witnessed his parents deaths, he was bounced from foster home to foster home, but...
832 61 15
DISCLAIMER: In almost ALL chapters- Self Harm, suicidal thoughts, mental illness, smut...If any of this bothers you, be careful reading it please. A...