Searching...A Legolas LoveSto...

By GinaG_13

Aolavina is not just any Lady of Middle Earth. She is a Lady of Battle. She has always travelled with her fat... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 - part 2
Chapter 40
Information on the Sequel

Chapter 39 - part 1

5.7K 189 25
By GinaG_13

Chapter 39- Part 1

   For the first day and night, Legolas stayed by Vina's body, not wanting her to wake up and he not be there. He wouldn't move from her bedside andd when he was offered food, he turned it down. He could go days without eating but he hadn't eaten since the battle.

   His body was like a stature that arched over Vina's body. His face was still and expressionless but inside; he was fighting the extreme emotions he was feeling. He hid them from the others who would bob in and out of the room. Gandalf would spend the longest in there – apart from Legolas, and he hoped that the spell would work. But there was no sign of her coming back to life just yet. Her body was cold and unmoving. Her chest didn't rise and her cheeks didn't blush.

    Aragorn was the one who had the heart-rending tasks of finding Aodeth and telling him of the battle.

     "Aodeth, I need to speak with you," Aragorn said quietly to him. Aodeth was in the hall, drinking along with some of his friends. He had already consumed two tankers of ale and was wobbly on his legs. He swung around to Aragorn and held out a drink to him.

     "Well done lad, it's all over," Aodeth gargled. Aragorn looked down at the drink and shook his head.

    "Aodeth would you mind coming with me for a second," Aragorn said politely. It was hard for Aragorn to have to explain Vina's death to him but it had to be done. But he couldn't tell him here.

     "Come celebrate lad, pull up a stool," Aodeth said almost ignoring Aragorn's words. Aragorn shook his head and put his hand slowly and gently onto Aodeth's shoulder. He looked down at the hand and then looked confusingly at Aragorn. Aragorn leaned in a little closer to him.

      "Please. It's about Vina," he whispered. Aodeth looked sharply up at him and starred him in the eye. Like Vina, Aodeth was good at reading people and instantly knew something was wrong. He looked back at his friends and smiled, trying to hide the worry he had suddenly felt.

    "Excuse me for a moment my friends," he said to them as he dropped off his stool and waited for Aragorn to lead him out. They got out quickly and without saying a word to each other, Aodeth followed Aragorn through the city until they got to the top where Aragorn came to a holt and he slowly turned to face Aodeth.

    "What is this about Lord Aragorn? Has Vina done something wrong?" He asked cautiously. Aragorn shook his head without words and although Aodeth thought it would relieve him to know she didn't do something wrong, but it only made the worry burry him more in worry. "So what is it then?" He asked again, seeing Aragorn wasn't saying anything.

    "I don't think I can explain it, for it brings me too much grief. Follow me," Aragorn said clearly. Aodeth raised his eyebrow and his heart beat began to race. He couldn't think of anything that would make Aragorn behave the way he is. There was only one thing and he did not want to believe it. Once Aodeth took a deep, brave breath in, Aragorn turned again and followed after Aragorn as he took him across an opening and over to the healing quarters.

   Every footstep seemed to be like a weight was being added onto Aodeth's back and the closer he got to the rooms the more his anxiety and panic grew. Aragorn slowed down his pace until he stopped outside of an open door. His eyes were hidden from Aodeth and he could tell Aragorn was avoiding making eye contact. Aodeth took a closer step to Aragorn and then turned to peek through the door way to see the fellowship stood around a bed. Legolas was almost sat on top of the bed and everyone else was stood around it.

    Aodeth's heat beat stopped and it was like the blood had run out in his body. He felt light headed and queasy and he took a step closer to the bed. He was in the room and he could tell things were just going to be bad. The fellowship casted a sorrowful and mourning atmosphere and Aodeth had an idea who would be on the bed. His eyes had already started to blur and he felt cold. He took another step and then he saw his daughter, lifeless and still, on the bed. Her clothes were bloody and her hair a huge mess, but what shook Aodeth the most, was the lack of colour and emotion in Vina's face. It was as pale as the sheets she lay on and Aodeth brought his hand to his mouth, making almost a choking sound as he let out his cry. The tears came fluent and he swallowed hard.

   He manoeuvre around the Hobbits who were perched at the bottom on the bed and Legolas, who he only noticed up close was holding her hand, let it go gently and he backed away a little, but not completely. Legolas respected Aodeth; after all it was Vina's father. Aodeth took the place of where Legolas had been and he placed his rough hand on her cheek. His worst nightmare had come true. His daughter was in a healing bed, blood stricken and unmoving. He let out another whimper and wiped his tears away with the back of his hand.

    "We were supposed to go to Lorien after the battle. We were going to visit Leonan and the elves of Lorien. Why Vina? Why did you have to leave me?" He sobbed to her. He knew she wouldn't reply but he just didn't want to believe it. He looked down to see her injuries but they weren't there. There was nothing but her clothes were blood stained. And there was a lot of blood. "Where was she injured?" he asked looking up at Aragorn and everyone. Aragorn looked at Gandalf who slowly walked over to the opposite of Vina's body. He sighed and brought his hands in front of him.

    "She was struck by a trolls club and she had three wounds," Gandalf said sorrowfully. Aodeth looked at him confused and Gandalf brought his hand down to Vina's. "We have performed a spell on her to try and bring her back. Her wounds have healed but we will have to wait and see if she will make it back down to middle earth with us," Gandalf explained. Aodeth took a while to take in his words. He was trying to figure out how they would have done a spell. Aodeth himself knew of a spell that men attempted many years ago but he knew it not to work. But Gandalf was a powerful wizard. He swallowed hard and looked back down at Vina. As much as he wanted Vina back, he couldn't help think that it sounded too good to be true.

    "Is that right though. I mean, doesn't it defy the structure of nature?" Aodeth asked Gandalf. The room felt even more sorrowful as Aodeth words, the words of Vina's father. All the fellowship knew that it was hard for Aodeth but he was the only one questioning nature.

     "Her life ended too soon and she has a lot to live for. There's so much more for her to give. Lady Galadriel herself has said the same," Gandalf told him. Aodeth nodded his head and could see where Gandalf was coming from. But he did wonder how Galadriel knew.

     "Who else knows?" He asked. This time he looked not only at Gandalf, but at Aragorn whose eyes were smoky. Aragorn looked out of the window and then took a closer step to him.

     "Everyone who fought with us would know that she died and that we're going to try and save her," Aragorn said. Aodeth nodded his head and considered his next moves. He didn't know whether it would be best if he sent a message out to Lorien, informing Eleonan of Vina's state. But he didn't want to spook Leonan. "The word will spread across the village that she has died. If you would like, you could be with me when I announce to the people," Aragorn said. Aodeth thanked him with his eyes and took a steady seat down next to Vina. His mind felt so heavy and fuzzy. The alcohol he had drunk was having an effect on him but he knew that wasn't the main cause of the problem. He was in shock, just like the others had been. I leant his head on his hand and looked and her.

    "Come back to us V," He eagerly asked.

       Aragorn and Aodeth, along with the rest of the fellowship entered the city where all the men and women had been gathered. Eomer walked up to them and joined them at the top of the city. Aragorn explained to them about the tragic passing of Vina but something had been done to try and bring her back. At this there were cheers from the men and the women clapped in happiness. Just then, it was clear how much of an impact Vina had made to everyone. The women chatted between each other about her and how she put herself in danger to help and save others. Others, such as a few healers, spoke of her suffering by the witch king and how she carried on fighting.

    Aodeth's friends came over to him and offered him support and a drink in honour of her life with some of the soldiers. He offered the others but there were arrangements to be made for the crowning of the king. But Aragorn's attention wasn't concentrating on the crown, but on Vina. He had spoke to her many times how he wanted her by his side when he got crowned and how she would be crowned with a tiara.

    The fellowship all went off and Faramir approached Gandalf slowly. He had stood in the crowd along with Eowyn and comforted her. He didn't want the glory that others did. He was just happy to be alive.

    "I can not bring myself to believe she is dead Gandalf. I spoke to her before she went and now she's gone. I do hope she manages to come back. Is there anything I could do to help," Faramir offered to Gandalf and Aragorn. Gandalf considered what he could do but there was nothing.

    "Hold onto your hope," Gandalf told him. Faramir nodded and rubbed the back of his neck. He almost died along side her and now he was alive and she dead. She had sacrificed so much for not only her but others too and now it was wasted before she even got rewarded for them.

    The second day of Vina lying still on the bed came and for Legolas, it seemed to be going on forever. The little boy and girl, Purty and Eonat, from the house Vina had gone in brought up a lit candle each in their tiny hands. There father was slowly holding each of their hands as they knocked at the door. Legolas turned around slowly and got up from his seat.

    "May we bring a candle in here, for respect?" the father asked Legolas. Legolas nodded his head and the two children went to the small table next to her bed and placed the candles on. The candlelight, however small the light, lit up her face. The father turned to Legolas, true sorrow on his face and in his voice.

    "I'm so sorry for your loss; I truly hope she comes back. I don't know if she told you about the battle in Gondor and my children?" He said. Legolas looked at the man and shook his head. Vina mentioned something about tending to two children but nothing more than that.

   "Well whilst she was fighting she found my two children being attacked by orcs. She killed them and by what my son has told me, put them on a horse which took them to the main hall where they hid until she came. She saved my children, she saved me. I owe her more than my life and it is such a shame that I couldn't give her anything. But she said that I could pay her back by never stop loving my children. She was a great lady," He told her. Legolas had never heard what she done. He couldn't agree with him more. She truly was an incredible lady and felt so unfortunate not to be spending the rest of their lives together.

   "She truly was," Legolas agreed. They stood there while the two children recited a poem they had remembered. Legolas found it cute what they were doing and saw it as a way of coping in their own ways.

    After the two children brought candles in, every other person in the village did the same. The room was full with candles and there was a path left for people to walk around the room. Huge bunches of flowers were brought and held in glass vases. The room soon smelt rosy and fresh but the room still felt quite dead.

      But that day wasn't completely sorrowful. Frodo had woken up for the first time since being in Gondor. Gandalf was sat waiting for him. Thankfully, Frodo wasn't seriously injured but needed a lot of food and water. And apart from his bitten off finger, he had no other injury. No other physical injury anyway.

    When the rest of the fellowship had come in everything felt happy again and cheerful. Merry and Pippin where reunited with their best friend and they were glad to see him ok. But the mood changed instantly when Frodo asked where Vina was. Everyone went instantly quiet and everyone looked around at each other. No one said anything for a moment until Gandalf cleared his throat roughly.

    "She's dead Frodo. She died at the black gates two days ago," Gandalf said. Frodo gasped at his words for he couldn't think she was dead. He remembered her as being powerful, brilliant with a sword and good will. But never did he think she had died.

    When Frodo had dressed himself in something warmer, he asked if he could see her. On the way up Merry and Pippin explained how Vina had been taken with them and every detail they were with her. Then he told him about the battle at the black gates and came to die. But when they told him about the spell, Frodo seemed very intrieged and he, over everyone else, had hope. He trusted Gandalf a lot and knew that he was powerful.

    When he reached her, he had the same confusion Aodeth had when first seeing her. He couldn't understand why she had no apparent injuries even though there was blood. But they explained and all he could do was sit and wait, just like the others.

    By the forth passing sun, Gandalf started to doubt his spell, and others began to believe she wasn't coming back. They all joined at her bedside where Legolas and Aragorn were sat quietly. Aragorn knew what Gandalf wanted to talk about but he only sighed when he saw him.

   "Aragorn," Gandalf said before stopping. He struggled to find the words to say to him without him being insensitive. "It has already been four days and there are no signs. I think it is time we let her rest alone. Like I said before, she travelled so far, she might not be able to make it back. I'm sorry to have to rush things but Gondor needs its king crowned," Gandalf said remorsefully. Between his slow breathes, Aragorn could feel his heart beat slowing down and the realisation of what Gandalf had said was actually right. He knew he shouldn't try and hold onto her, especially when she was far away from him. He sighed again and rubbed his temple.

    "I just wish she would have been next to me when I did get crowned. I guess, like you said Gandalf, she has travelled too far," Her said, but he felt a little ashamed of his words. Was he giving up too quickly on her? Was four days enough, or was it just enough time to show them that she wasn't coming back?

     "Legolas?" Aragorn asked as he took a steady step closer to him. Legolas slowly brought his eyes to meet Aragorn and all of the emotion showed in them now. Legolas had been holding on to the possibility of seeing Vina on her feet again but like his father would have said, don't wish for hope where there is none.

     "Tomorrow we shall give her the proper sending off she deserves. Tul're lye iot he namaarie," Legolas finished. The words seemed more personal in elvish and more secret. He knew some of the others could speak elvish but to him, it meant a lot. He brought Vina's hand up to his mouth and kissed it gently. {Tomorrow we bid her farewell}

   So Legolas had made the final decision and although he was not the leader of the fellowship, no one disagreed with it. They all simply nodded and Legolas turned back to Vina. The atmosphere turned quite awkward and so the hobbits, along with Gandalf departed from the room. Gimli held back and hobbled over to Legolas. He placed a gentle hand on his lower arm, as far as his hand would reach, and patted him. Gimli had been quite concerned about Legolas, for he knew his friend well enough now.

    "There are no words I could say to comfort you, my friend. Only that we should cherish the moments we had with her," Gimli comforted. Legolas looked down at Gimli with a weak smile. Legolas had never, since he can remember, ever felt this sad and low before. He placed his own hand on Gimli's shoulder and Gimli grunted. When Gimli strolled out, Aragorn soon followed but not before he stopped by Legolas.

    "Lle nae un astald corm," Aragorn said to him calmly. Legolas smiled in appreciation of Aragorn. He looked into Aragorn's eyes again and saw that he too wished they had more time. Aragorn took exit through the door and Legolas was left on his own again. He sat down on the bed, took Vina's hand in his and wept as the emotion couldn't hold any more. This was probably the first time he had cried, which only showed how much he loved Vina. But she was gone, and a piece of him went with her. {You have a brave heart}

{AN: So this is part one of this chapter, and the next should be up by the next few days.

Hope you enjoy. Live Love Laugh}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.9K 2K 17
The story of two hobbits- Lily and Frodo finding unexpected love in the beautiful Shire. The story has a few twists and isn't the usual *predictable*...
391K 14.1K 47
" As wild as the Rangers of the North, as brutal as the Orcs, and as beautiful as the Elves." Evelyn is known as many things: a warrior, a...
135K 3.5K 25
[Highest Rank: 1 in Lord Of The Rings] "love is a strange thing. Once it happens, nothing and no one can change it, in any condition.". Niphredil Ele...
49.3K 1.6K 49
Eadrid was the daughter of Kings, and a Captain among men. Though she remained fierce, she was determined to be the leader that desired to serve her...