esoteric ↯ dean winchester x...

By cuddlyhemmings

〘 just because you love someone, doesn't mean you should stick around and screw up their life 〙 ☞ story begin... More

i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
¤
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xxviii.
xxix.
xxx.
xxxi.
xxxii.
xxxiii.
xxxiv.
xxxv.
xxxvi.
xxxvii.
xxxviii.
xxxix.
xl.
xli.
xlii.
xliii.
xliv.
xlv.
xlvi.
xlvii.
xlviii.
xlix.
l.
li.
lii.
liii.
liv.
lv.
lvi.
lvii.
lviii.
lix.
lx.
lxi.
lxii.
lxiii.
lxiv.
lxv.
lxvi.
lxvii.
lxviii.
lxix.
lxx.
lxxi.
lxxii.
lxxiii.
lxxiv.
lxxv.
lxxvi.
lxxvii.
lxxviii.
lxxix.
lxxx.
lxxxi.
lxxxiii.
lxxxiv.
lxxxv.
lxxxvi.
lxxxvii.
lxxxviii.
lxxxix.

lxxxii.

1.1K 54 4
By cuddlyhemmings

That late night on the map table didn't last as long as you thought. Sam turned in maybe an hour after that, being so exhausted from the Amara smoke that Sam filled you in on. And the message Amara left for Dean; that everyone and everything was going to perish. Except for him.

"Well, I'm glad I at least don't have to worry about you dying." You said, trying to keep it lighthearted over the tense subject of Amara and Dean after Sam left.

"Yeah, well, I have to worry about everything else dying." Dean said staring at his computer. Dean glanced up at you, "You gonna be okay?"

"What? With the whole God not approving of me thing?" You shook your head with a harsh breath escaping your smile, "I mean it's not the first time a spiritual being doesn't approve of my existence."

"I know, (Y/N) but this is God." Dean started a lecture but you couldn't have it right now.

"I know that, Dean. You don't have to remind me that the guy that created the universe sees me like an alien." You said, Dean felt uncomfortable to move forward and you didn't want him to. So you looked at your computer screen, yawning soon after. You stared at the computer scanning across the internet on both yours and Deans laptops and you decided to lay your head down on the cold table.

Dean propped your head up, at first you were annoyed and then thankful when you felt the familiar feeling of his arm working as a pillow for you. You smiled and snuggled deeper into his arm.

Dean stared at you, smiling. Times like these you were reminded that Dean was the only one who saw you differently, or normally, like you were just a normal chick. Granted it was a blessing and a curse. But now was a time you really needed it. Dean felt even himself dozing off, he took another sip of his beer before scanning his eyes over the fast moving screen.

"Come on, Amara. Where are you?" Dean mumbled. And you heard it but decided to ignore it for the heaviness of your eyelids. You opened your eyes again, realizing it was your idea to stay up and Dean had been out all day unlike you.

"I'm gonna go make some coffee." You sat up, rubbing your eyes, "You need sleep."

"I'm not leaving you out here alone." Dean shook his head.

"It's not like anyone's going to get me out here." You said, standing up and running a delicate hand across his shoulders.

"That wasn't the point." He held your hand back. You leaned down and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

"I'm still going to make coffee. And when I get back I am praying that you will be in bed. Okay? I'll be there right after this scanner is done." You promised, pulling your hand away slowly.

"We'll see about that." Dean said, watching you walk away, biting his lip as he looked over your body as if it was the first time he'd seen it. If that was the last thing he'd ever see, he would die happy.

"I've missed you, Dean." The voice pierced Dean's ears with recognition as he turned forward in his chair to be met with a clear as day vision of Amara standing there in the room with him. He couldn't speak, paralyzed with emotion, "It's been a while since we've spoken. I'm aware my brother has surfaced. If you should cross paths, if he should reach out to you, he should know this – Michael, his firstborn, isn't doing so well."

Castiel's body appears beaten, tortured, and falling apart at the seams with the same hard-ironed Michael expression as it stared Dean in the face. Then the face he stared at dissipated before him, confirming that what was happening felt even more like a hallucination.

"To say nothing of the vessel, your friend Castiel." Amara continued over Dean's confusion, "By choosing to ignore me, my brother is allowing this to happen. These and... other things. I thought you should know."

"Dean that better not be you I hear squeaking your chair like that." You called, walking back from the kitchen. Knowing full well it was Dean. Your voice brought him back to reality he shot up and made eye contact with you as you entered the room.

"What's wrong with you?" You asked, noticing his astonished expression, "I'd say you look like you've seen a ghost but, hell, you'd probably be more excited."

"No, I—Uh." Dean didn't know how to form the words to explain it.

"It's her." You said, placing your coffee mug down.

"I just saw her in front of me. With Cass—" Dean indulged you, you put your coffee down with adrenalin.

"Cass? Is he okay?" You asked.

"Well, it was still Michael." Dean frowned, "Cass' vessel doesn't look good, though."

"It's holding an angel and an Archangel I don't blame it for falling apart." You shook your head in disbelief, "What did she say? That if we didn't bring God to her she's gonna fry Cass?"

"Basically."

~

"Anything?" Sam asked walking in, rested after sleeping a few hours. You and Dean sat there, you were leaning into his arm for comfort.

"Nada." Dean pursed his lips, Sam handed you both coffees,

"Thanks." You said, with a scratchy throat.

"Yeah." Dean agreed, running scanners again.

"You know, I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but, for once, I actually wish Rowena was here. I mean, maybe she could track down Amara. She's done it before." Sam said, sitting across from you both, setting his laptop back up.

"Yeah, but you can bet she and the Book are gonna stay stashed until this whole thing is over." You said, frustrated thinking of Rowena.

"Where's Chuck?" Dean asked, anxious.

"Sleeping in, I guess." Sam shrugged.

"Does God sleep?" You asked.

"I know he takes really long showers." Sam pointed out, remembering the insanely long shower Chuck took last night while you and Dean attempted to sleep.

"Right, and sings, too – like, crappy old folk songs. I had to tell him to cool it three times." Dean took a sip of his coffee.

"You told God to cool it?" Sam asked. You nodded along, staring into your coffee mug as you remembered Dean grunting and getting out of bed a few times last night.

"Yeah, I sleep." Dean said, shrugging.

"You know, I know this is a really strange situation and all, but it's also really amazing, you know? I mean, it's God." Sam said, baffled of his own life, "There are so many things I want to ask him, uh, like, uh, t-the planets, you know? Why are they round? Or ears. I always thought they were strange—"

"Okay, fanboy, calm down." Dean put a hand out to stop him, "Let's stay focused. We got to find Michael before it's too late."

"Too late?" Sam asked him to continue, having missed his episode last night.

"Amara is – she's in my head." Dean sighs, Sam looks at him sharply, "Hey, I didn't ask for it, okay? She just showed up. But she's showing me visions of—of Michael. By Michael, I mean Cas, and he looks like crap – like she's really doing a number on him."

"Shh." You hissed, hearing the only other set of footsteps in the Bunker and the kind of power that controls a room even when it's dormant. The three of you look to Chuck as he enters the room from the hallway, "Hey. Morning."

"Is that my robe?" Dean asked, doing a double take. Chuck ignored it.

"I'm telling you guys, it's a mistake to get mixed up with Michael. Much as it pained me, I had to walk away. Do you have any bacon?" Chuck asked.

"You eat bacon?" Dean grinned in amusement.

"Yeah." Chuck shrugged. Your laptop beeped in the middle of his response and you perked up, looking through the article that popped up.

"Hey, guys, this just came up. Looks like that fog, the, um..." you glanced up at Dean, "Amara fog, uh, hit another town."

"And?" Dean pushed you to continue.

"And this one wasn't as lucky as the last one. Thousands died." You said, choking up at the thought of all those people died because you let Amara out, "Uh, everybody died. But, uh, except for one man."

"How'd you miss that one?" Dean scorned Chuck.

"She's baiting me." Chuck explained in defense, "I can't respond every time. I won't be manipulated."

"Yeah, but thousands of people are dead." You said, crossing your arms. You didn't care if he didn't like you, he killed so many people when he could've stopped it.

"Unfortunately." Chuck snapped, turning out of the room, "So find her."

~

 Dean kept thinking about what happened, with Amara. Finding God. What will happen if she wins? What did she mean when she said he would be the only one to live? He could be the last one. He could not be the one left. He hated being alone.

 You were next to him. Dean asked you to go check out the town where Amara hit and talk to the only survivor. You were connected to your personal hotspot and working on the computer when you got the phone call. It read "Dickhead Calling." There were lots of people that could be so you answered hesitantly and on speakerphone.

 "Hello?" You spoke.

 "Babe." You heard a serious voice on the other side, Dean quickly turned his head in interest. You rolled your head back into the seat and groaned, "That excited to hear me, huh?"

 "Metatron, I thought I told you a long time ago NOT to call me." You said, grossed out.

 "This time it's something serious. You're still with those two lumber jacks?" Metatron asked.

 "You mean Sam and my boyfriend Dean Winchester. You do remember him right? The guy who will rip your face off if you keeping talking to me like this? Not to mention me, you know what I can do." You reminded him.

 "I'm not afraid of Dean, I killed him once—" Metatron started and Dean cut him off and grabbed the phone, finally had enough.

 "Yeah, well you're human now Metatron I can kill you in a second, and I will if you call her again. I will track you down, and kill you. So if you just called to flirt with my girlfriend, I'm hanging up now." Dean almost shut the phone. 

 "Whoa, whoa! That's not what I called for, it just happened." Metatron hurried out, "I noticed you've been in touch with Chuck. Well, I've got some.. information you're gonna need to know."

 "Okay, say it." Dean said, calmly and quickly.

 "No. It's got to be in person—something I got to show you." Metatron said, not letting up, "I'll text (Y/N) my coordinates."

 Then he hung up and you took the phone back from Dean's hand. 

 "A little protective?" You asked, turning your hotspot back on.

 "Yeah, well. I've always sorta wanted to kill him."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.8K 22
Sam Winchester has had one night stands and longtime relationships of all kinds, but what happens when he falls for someone like him on the road? Tak...
45.6K 683 20
Dean Winchester x Reader love story Mature themes + Romance *warning 18+* These are not all my characters they are from the show supernatural. Book 2...
30.2K 615 17
You're a hunter running with the Winchesters who happens to be a virgin. You so don't want that become a thing, so, of course, it becomes a thing. Su...
76 5 7
Taking place in season 9 I Can't Go Back Now Sequal After Dean ditched Lexi because the thought of even seeing her was too much to bear, she took on...