esoteric ↯ dean winchester x...

By cuddlyhemmings

〘 just because you love someone, doesn't mean you should stick around and screw up their life 〙 ☞ story begin... More

i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
¤
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xxviii.
xxix.
xxx.
xxxi.
xxxii.
xxxiii.
xxxiv.
xxxv.
xxxvi.
xxxvii.
xxxviii.
xxxix.
xl.
xli.
xlii.
xliii.
xliv.
xlv.
xlvi.
xlvii.
xlviii.
xlix.
l.
li.
lii.
liii.
liv.
lv.
lvi.
lvii.
lviii.
lix.
lx.
lxii.
lxiii.
lxiv.
lxv.
lxvi.
lxvii.
lxviii.
lxix.
lxx.
lxxi.
lxxii.
lxxiii.
lxxiv.
lxxv.
lxxvi.
lxxvii.
lxxviii.
lxxix.
lxxx.
lxxxi.
lxxxii.
lxxxiii.
lxxxiv.
lxxxv.
lxxxvi.
lxxxvii.
lxxxviii.
lxxxix.

lxi.

1.6K 66 78
By cuddlyhemmings

You had your nose stuck in lore for hours trying to find what in the heck the boys could be dealing with. Castiel was watching Netflix next to you. You had racked up only one that could be a possible bet and had Cass call Dean for you.

"Cass, you okay?" Dean answered the phone.

"I'm mostly confused. I'm not sure how orange correlates with black in a way that's new." Castiel said before you could take away the phone.

"Step away from the Netflix." Dean said.

"Sorry." Cass shifted handing the phone to you.

"It's okay. We've all had a binge." Dean said, laughing to himself silently.

"Hey, Dean!" Your voice came through the phone clearly to him. And then his once mischievous smile faded into a wide grin.

"Hey, how are you?" He asked.

"Alright, my nose has been stuck in old books ass all day. I smell like a librarian porn." You said, trying to blow the smell out of your nose.

"That's hot." Dean said, causing you both to laugh, "You find anything in that sexy lore?"

"Well, there is a creature that feeds on hearts and blood." You said, making a smug look knowing you ruined his hard on.

"Kinky." He sighed, then returned with excitement  "were-pyre, you might say? Come on... I know you wanna say it."

"Shut the hell up." You said, rolling your eyes, "In the lore, it's referred to a 'Whisper'."

"That's lame." He grumbled.

"Silver will kill it, but you may want to decapitate it just to be sure." You said, reading from the book.

"All right, sounds good. I'm at the crime scene now. It was staged. The body was dragged. There were no signs of struggle." He told you.

"Body was moved there to look more like an animal attack?" Cass chimed in a question.

"Yeah, maybe. It was pretty sloppy, though. You, uh- What else you got on these things?" Dean asked.

"Oh! Listen to this. Whispers have a fascinating history." You said, reading ahead you didn't even hear Dean say 'hang on.'

"They're -- they're... Actually, they were once believed to be in the bloodline of werewolves, but in fact, they are more similar to demons." You continued, "They, uh, they got their nickname from how quiet their attacks are. Because of their stealthiness, they've, uh, lived on the fringes for centuries. Although there were several that were hunted and killed during the Salem witch... Wait a minute. Okay, according to this, Whispers only feed during the solar eclipse. Uh, so, Dean, I-i don't think what you're hunting is a Whisper, sorry. I really thought this was it-."

A loud grunt came from the phone that caught your attention.

"Dean, what is that?" You asked worried, taking the phone off speaker to hear better.

"Aah!" Dean grunted again, a hiss came in too.

"Dean? Dean, are you all right?" You asked then heard gunshots and your heart skipped a beat in panic, "I hear gunshots. Dean! Dean? Dean!"

"Ah, it turns out I did shoot the deputy." Deans voice finally came through, allowing you to breathe.

"What the hell just happened? You gave me a heart attack-" you started in on him, but he was eager to get through it.

"The deputy was a Were-pyre. It's all right. Silver bullets worked. Thank you." He said, confidently, but he didn't know what you did.

"No, Dean, listen -- According to the lore, the timing is off. The next solar eclipse in North America is years away. It can't be a --" you said, but then Dean cut you off again.

"Hang on." Dean said, but that only made you panic more.

"Dean, wait. Listen, it couldn't be..." silence, "Dean?" A loud thud against the car made you nervous again, "Dean!"

"Scratch that. You gotta cut off their..." his voice trailed off, your heard growling and hissing in the background.

"Dean, it's not a Whisper." You finally got it simple for him while he was still listening.

"Yeah, I'm starting to get that. Give me a second. All right." You heard him step across gravel,

"Whats going on? Is he okay?" Cass asked, being overtly patient with you.

"I dont know. I think so?" You said, trying to listen to Dean moving around:

"Th-- All right, that... Okay. Smile, asshat." He said, then came in loud in the speaker, "All right, babe, you there?"

"Of course. What's going on?" You asked, eager to know what the hell was happening.

"Well, whatever it is, silver slows it down. I, uh, I'm sending you a picture right now of its fangs." Your phone buzzed and you saw the picture.

"I-I've never seen anything like it. See if there's a match in the lore, would ya?" He asked. You snuck into the hallway.

"What do I get in return?" You smiled mischievously, and awfully lonely. Getting back to Dean's room.

"(Y/N), not right now. I'm working-" he whined, but the kind that was playful.

"I can't help it, I miss you." You said, taking in his bed that had become so natural to you it didn't even have a distinctive scent to you anymore.

"I miss you, too." He said, "How's Cass?"

"Better. A lot better. Last night I think I got rid of the last bit of the spell. I don't want to jinx it, but he should be better in a few days of resting." You reported, proud of yourself.

"I love it when you talk healer to me." He said, you heard the Impala start up in the background.

"Yeah, real hot and sexy." You added on, laughing to yourself, "Speaking of, I'm laying in your bed right now."

"I wish I was there too." He sighed, "Man."

"What is it?" You asked, wondering if anything was happening.

"You just make me really happy."

~

"Hey, Cass, tell me you got something that doesn't involve chicks in prison." Dean answered the phone again later that day.

"Bet you never thought you'd say that out loud." Sam laughed from behind him.

"Hey, it's me." You greeted them from Castiels phone.

"(Y/N)? Don't you have your own phone?" Dean asked, wondering why you were always on Cass's.

"Castiel is faster at dialing than me." You shrugged, even though they couldn't see it.

"Alright, well?" Dean continued on.

"It's a Nachzehrer." You butchered the name.

"Come again?" Sam asked.

"A ghoul and vampire-like creature." You explained further.

"A Ghoul-pyre!" Dean exclaimed, "Right?"

"You're the lamest man." You rolled your eyes.

"Yeah, well, you're dating me." Dean grumbled, making a good point.

"Some breeds feed on the flesh of the dead." Castiel continued for you, "Others feed on the blood and hearts of the living. They run in small packs, but they usually keep an extremely low profile."

"Great. So how do we kill 'em?" Dean asked. You pointed out the notes to Castiel that explained it.

"Well, they're already dead. So in a manner of speaking, they just need to be reminded that they're dead. You need a Charon's obol." He read.

"Of course. Yeah, in ancient Greece, uh, when a person died, some people believed you had to put an obol, or a-a coin, in their mouth so they can use it as currency to be taken across the river to the underworld." Sam added on, understanding it.

"Right, you place a coin in a Nachzehrer's mouth, then sever their head, and that will kill them." You said, "And according to the lore, if you kill the pack's Alpha, everyone they've turned will revert back to human form."

"Awesome. All right, where do we find an obol?" Dean asked.

"Well, according to the Men of Letters' records, you're gonna need a copper coin. They used to use pennies, so you'll need one of those." Cass said.

"Yeah, but one minted pre-1982. So before 1982, pennies were 95% copper. Since then, they're only copper-plated zinc." You shared your knowledge.

"Wow. My lady is so smart." Dean bragged.

"How come when I say something nerdy you make fun of me but then with (Y/N)-" Sam started complaining but Dean cut him off.

"Because you're not hot, Sam. You're a nerd." Dean explained. There was a small pause followed by a weak:

"I'm hot." From Sam.

"All right, well, thanks guys. Good work. Way to come off the bench." Dean praised you both.

"What bench?" Cass asked, and you started laughing again.

"Just get back to getting better, okay?" Sam said into the phone.

"We're workin' on it. Call us when you can." You said before hanging up. Hoping they would be home soon.

"How are you feeling?" You asked Cass, looking up.

"Much better than a few days ago. But honestly, still crap." He said, brushing a hand through his hair.

"I bet." You frowned, "Is there anything I can do to-"

"You've already done more than enough. Heaven would be proud of you." He said, thinking that offered comfort.

"Cass?" You looked down at your hands, "I, uh, was thinking. With The Darkness out, and Heaven scared... will I be okay?"

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I mean are there angels looking for me? I've been too scared to turn my angel radio back on to find out." You admitted.

"(Y/N)- I- uh-" Cass stuttered but you felt it was bad.

"If its bad just tell me." You urged him, "It's better if I know."

"Yes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 582 17
You're a hunter running with the Winchesters who happens to be a virgin. You so don't want that become a thing, so, of course, it becomes a thing. Su...
56K 1.9K 98
"one night he wakes strange look on his face pauses, then says 'you're my best friend' and you knew what it was he is in love" - "you are in love" by...
25.7K 1K 71
[ supernatural -- seasons 6-10 ] Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling Like the Stars Say You Won't Let Go I DO NOT own Supernatural...
42.5K 1.6K 13
no reason to stay is a good reason to go 𓍢ִ໋ supernatural 𓍢ִ໋ dean winchester x fem!oc 𓍢ִ໋ season one - fifteen 𓍢...