~ Aviation Management ~

By MarineWife409

Aviation Management notes from ISU and ERAU; taken from Jeppesen textbooks, AOPA website. More

Ch. 1 Vocab. [Private Pilot]
Ch. 1 Summary Checklist [Private Pilot]
Ch. 2 Vocab. [Private Pilot]
Ch. 2 Notes [Private Pilot]
Ch. 2 Summary Checklist [Private Pilot]
Ch. 2 Questions [Private Pilot]
Ch. 3 Vocab. [Private Pilot]
Ch. 3 Notes [Private Pilot]
Ch. 3 Questions [Private Pilot]
Ch. 3 Summary Checklist [Private Pilot]
Ch. 4 Vocab. [Private Pilot]
Ch. 4 Notes [Private Pilot]
Ch. 4 Summary Checklist [Private Pilot]
Ch. 4 Questions [Private Pilot]
Ch. 5 Vocab. [Private Pilot]
Ch. 5 Notes [Private Pilot]
Ch. 5 Summary Checklist [Private Pilot]
Ch. 6 Vocab. [Private Pilot]
Ch. 6 Notes [Private Pilot]
Ch. 6 Summary Checklist [Private Pilot]
Ch. 7 Notes [Private Pilot]
Ch. 7 Vocab. [Private Pilot]
Ch. 7 Summary Checklist [Private Pilot]
Ch. 8 Vocab. [Private Pilot]
Ch. 8 Notes [Private Pilot]
Ch. 8 Summary Checklist [Private Pilot]
Ch. 9 Vocab. [Private Pilot]
Ch. 9 Notes [Private Pilot]
Ch. 10 Summary Checklist [Private Pilot]
Ch. 1 Vocab. [Inst. Comm.]
AOPA Preventative Maintenance Quiz
Aviation Operations
Aviation Operations - Management Functions & Marketing
Aviation Operations - Organization & Administration
Reference Points
Phonetic Alphabet
Weather Phenomena Codes
AOPA Sky Spotter
AOPA Density Altitude
Aviation Operations - Review
Management Information Systems
Aviation Operations - Flight Line and Front Desk
Aviation Operations - Management Information System
Aviation Operations - Safety, Security, and Liability
Aviation Operations - Flight Operations
Aviation Operations - Aviation Maintenance
Aviation Operations - Physical Facilities
Aviation Operations - Final Review
Aviation Maintenance - ERAU MOOC
METAR Reports
Aviation 101 - ERAU MOOC
Aviation 101 MOOC - Systems Quiz
Aviation 101 MOOC - Aerodynamics Quiz
Aviation 101 MOOC - Flight Instruments
Aviation 101 MOOC - Airspace Quiz
Aviation 101 MOOC - Airports
Aviation 101 MOOC - Radio Communication and ATC Quiz
Aviation 101 MOOC - Aeromedical Quiz
Aviation 101 - Weather Quiz
Aviation 101 - Performance and Navigation Quiz
Aviation Maintenance Management Final
Safety Management Systems
ERAU MOOC - Aircraft Accident Investigation
DigiCast - Runway Markings
DigiCast - Airport Familiarization
Digicast 139.321 Handling and Storage of HAZMAT

Ch. 9 Summary Checklist [Private Pilot]

22 0 0
By MarineWife409

- Pilotage is flying by reference to landmarks.

- Sectional charts provide the largest scale and most detailed representation of visual landmarks for most cross-country flights.

- The best checkpoints are those that cannot be mistaken for any other nearby features.

- Select checkpoints that present a number of features to create a unique combination or a distinctive pattern.

- Highlighting your course line on the chart will make it easier to follow.

- Maintaining a constant awareness of your position will reduce your chance of becoming lost.

- Pure dead reckoning is navigating by time, speed, distance, and direction calculations, without reference to visual landmarks.

- A navigation plotter combines protractor, straightedge, and distance scales for various charts.

- Navigation logs help keep track of headings, times, distances, and fuel consumption during dead reckoning flights.

- The true course must be corrected for magnetic variation, wind drift, and compass deviation to arrive at the compass heading.

- The VFR cruising altitude rule dictates cruising altitudes above 3,000 ft. AGL.

- Required VFR fuel reserves are 30 minutes for daytime flights and 45 minutes for night flights.

- A VFR flight plan is a request that a search be started if your flight does not arrive at your stated destination.

- If you become lost, climb, communicate, confess, comply, and conserve.

- VORs only provide course guidance while VOR/DMEs and VORTACs also provide distance information.

- There are three classes of VORs with different coverage areas - terminal, low altitude, and high altitude.

- VOR radials and courses derived from radials are oriented to magnetic north and are depicted on most aeronautical charts using compass roses.

- Before using a VOR for navigation, always identify the station using the Morse code or voice identifier.

- To determine your location after tuning and identifying a VOR station, turn the course selector or OBS knob until the CDI needle centers with a FROM indication and read the radial next to course index. To determine your course to a VOR station, turn the course selector or OBS knob until the CDI needle centers with a TO indication, and read the magnetic course on the course index.

- The indications of a VOR receiver are not directly affected by aircraft heading. To avoid reverse sensing, always set the VOR indicator to generally agree with your intended course.

- Tracking involves flying a desired course to or from a station using a sufficient wind correction, if necessary.

- Bracketing is the process of determining and applying a wind correction which keeps you on course with the CDI needle centered.

- You can determine your position by cross checking between two VORs.

- You can check your VOR receiver accuracy using ground and airborne checkpoints, or by using a VOT.

- An HSI is a VOR indicator combined with a heading indicator.

- DME automatically displays your slant range distance to a suitable equipped VOR ground station. Slant range error is greatest when your aircraft is directly over the transmitting station.

- An ADF receives low and medium frequency transmitting stations, including NDBs (190-535 kHz) and AM broadcast stations (535-1605 kHz).

- An ADF utilizes a directional antenna and a sense antenna, which are often combined into a single antenna mounted on the bottom of the fuselage.

- The head of the ADF indicator needle points to the station relative to the nose of the airplane.

- A fixed-card ADF indicator always displays 0 degrees at the top of the azimuth card and the needle points to the relative bearing to the station.

- When you set your magnetic heading value under the top index of a movable-card indicator, the head of the ADF needle directly indicates magnetic bearing to the station.

- Magnetic heading plus relative bearing equals magnetic bearing to the station. (MH + RB = MB)

- To fly to an NDB using the homing procedure simply turn toward the ADF needle, then keep the head of the ADF needle directly indicates magnetic bearing to the station.

- A radio magnetic indicator (RMI) combines a heading indicator with two bearing needles which normally provide VOR and ADF indications.

- The low and medium frequency radio waves used by ADF can be adversely affected by a number of factors including the ionosphere, mountains, and shorelines.

- Area navigation equipment is designed to allow you to fly any desired course within the coverage of a navaid's signals or within the limits of a self-contained system.

- VORTAC-based area navigation systems allow you to create waypoints at any location within the reception range of the VORTAC or VOR/DME station.

- The long range navigation (LORAN) computer determines your location by measuring the time difference between the reception of a master station's signal and that of two secondary stations. The intersection of the two associated LOPs mark your position.

- An inertial navigation system (INS) computer uses initial data and information it receives from accelerometers to calculate aircraft attitude, velocity, and heading.

- The global positioning system consists of space, control, and user segments.

- Signals collected by GPS receiver from three satellites can produce a two-dimensional position. When a fourth satellite is added, a three-dimensional fix can be determined.

- Even with inherent errors, GPS can accurately calculate your true horizontal position to within 100 meters 95 percent of the time and within 300 meters 99 percent of the time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 490 48
Welcome to part two of this book. ~ started; 28/01/17
2.9K 112 23
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒖𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖." ROYAL AU chapters are on the shorter...
5.3K 215 16
The 2040s, a fresh scent of war is filling the air. The Republika ng Pilipinas finds itself in a precarious position amid rising geopolitical tension...