Secrets In Silence ✓ [Secrets...

By LiveLifeInTheRain

Addison Gregory was always an obedient child. She did everything her parents asked of her, no questions. To t... More

Wattpad Family
Important
[Chapter Zero] Prologue
[Chapter One] Addison-
[Chapter Two] Liam
[Chapter Three] Addison
[Chapter Four] Liam
[Chapter Five] Addison
[Chapter Six] Liam
[Chapter Seven] Addison
[Chapter Eight] Liam
[Chapter Nine] Addison
[Chapter Ten] Liam
[Chapter Eleven] Addison
[Chapter Twelve] Liam
[Chapter Thirteen] Addison
[Chapter Fourteen] Liam
[Chapter Fifteen] Addison
[Chapter Sixteen] Liam
[Chapter Seventeen] Addison
[Chapter Eighteen] Liam
[Chapter Nineteen] Addison
[Chapter Twenty] Liam
[Chapter Twenty-One] Addison
[Chapter Twenty-Two] Liam
[Chapter Twenty-Three] Addison
[Chapter Twenty-Four] Liam
[Chapter Twenty-Five] Addison
[Chapter Twenty-Six] Liam
[Chapter Twenty-Seven] Addison
[Chapter Twenty-Eight] Liam
[Chapter Thirty] Liam
[Chapter Thirty-One] Addison
[Chapter Thirty-Two] Liam
[Chapter Thirty-Three] Addison
[Chapter Thirty-Four] Liam
[Chapter Thirty-Five] Addison
[Chapter Thirty-Six] Liam
[Chapter Thirty-Seven] Addison
[Chapter Thirty-Eight] Liam
[Chapter Thirty-Nine] Addison
[Chapter Forty] Liam
[Chapter Forty-One] Addison
[Chapter Forty-Two] Liam
[Chapter Forty-Three] Addison
-[Chapter Forty-Four] Liam-
[Chapter Forty-Five] Addison
Authors Note

[Chapter Twenty-Nine] Addison

31.4K 1K 47
By LiveLifeInTheRain

                    Sometimes it takes a good fall
                                          to really know where you stand
                                                           ― Hayley Williams 

Chapter Twenty-Nine- Addie

I loved Liam's truck. I've never felt so comfortable in a vehicle before. In my parent's, I was so afraid to move because if I messed up one thing then all hell would break loose, and that never ended well for me.

But here, I can relax as I leaned into him with the radio playing and the windows down. I could put my feet up beside me and just enjoy the ride.

He wouldn't tell me where we were going first, but I was excited to find out. He pulled up in front of a small diner. It looked nice and homey, not somewhere my parents would set foot in even if you paid them. They valued their money, but they were above them.

I swear it was like medieval times, they thought they were royalty and anyone else was pretty much a peasant, they were the elite, they were better plain and simple.

Liam opened my door and we headed in, I could small delicious food in the air. The waitress sat us down with a smile and handed us our menus, she said something to Liam, but I was too busy looking around to take note of exactly what it was.

I know I probably looked stupid, but I didn't really care. I had never been to a place like this before. It was so laid back and casual, I loved it.

I looked at the menu, and for the first time in my life I ordered a greasy and unhealthy meal, I ordered a burger and fries. Sure I've had a burger before but it was always healthy and premium ingredients, never meat, always vegetarian.

"I've never had one before." I told him after she took our order

"I didn't think so."

"So what's next?" I asked him

"Shopping, I'll try to get that out of the way, and then we can sit and give your leg a break as we watch a movie."

"Perfect."

"What do you want to buy?" he asked and I shrugged

"Nothing designer. I want something that people around here wear."

"I have a few stores in mind, though Kalila would be much better at taking you around."

"I don't know, I don't really spend much time with her." I shrugged. I didn't spend much time with anyone but Liam.

"I know, but maybe you should."

"Are you tired of me?" I asked confused

"Of course not," he covered my hand with his "I just know they worry about you too, and would love to get to know you better."

"I'll try." I promised, I've wanted to spend time with them, I have, but I just don't have the connection to them like I do to Liam. Liam shows he wants to get to know me while they all just look at me like I'm diseased or something.

 "They love you, Addie." He said and pulled his hand back as the waitress brought our food. It looked and smelled delicious. I took one bite and wanted to eat these every day! They were amazing. We didn't' talk much as we ate.

I was in my thoughts about what he said and he seemed lost in his as well. I felt bad for being down here, living with them, and not really spending much time with them. I knew they meant well and I know they cared. I did spend some time with Aunt Lalan, and she was great.

I knew everyone else would be the same; I just wasn't ready to talk about things with them like I did with Liam. Hell I wasn't ready for him to know what he already knew, but it was too late for that.

"I'm afraid" I said as we walked out the door and he gripped my hand

"Of?" he asked

"Letting them know me."

"Why?" he asked as he opened my door for me and I jumped up in the truck. I waited to respond until he came around and got in the driver's side; I wasn't really too sure what I was so afraid of.

"Them not understanding, I guess."

"They want to understand, they ask me what's wrong and when I tell them it's not my story to tell, I know they want you to open up to them as well, like you have with me."

"What if they don't believe me?" he pulled out of the parking lot

"They will."

"What if they look at me differently, or think I'm stupid or blame me for it. I should have stopped it." I whispered and he put a hand on my knee

"You tried, and there was nothing more you could have done. Don't blame yourself, you are not at fault in any of this." he told

"I don't know." I mumbled

"Addie, they aren't going to see you any differently, they're still going to love you."

I looked out the window, not sure what to say about that, because I didn't believe it for a second. I know he didn't expect me to tell him everything, but I felt like I was lying to him in a way.

I knew that when I told him everything then he wouldn't look at me the same anymore. He would look at me like a freak. He wouldn't want to be with me, he would hate me and I wasn't ready for that. It was my story and I wasn't ready to tell it yet, I don't know if I ever could.

We pulled up to this shopping looking area. It wasn't a mall, but it was a bunch of shops in a specific area. I don't know how else to describe it.

"I will go to three stores, and that is it." was the first thing he said as soon as we got out.

"Deal." I pulled him into the first one that caught my eye and made him sit there as I tried on one thing after another, asking him his opinion on it all. I think he was regretting that he had to sit through this three times.

An hour and a half and a bunch of money later, we were on to the second store. I had bought enough shorts to last me a life time already and a nice selection of shirts.

It was sad that I would probably have to leave this all here, if my mom saw any of this she would flip out before throwing it all out.

I bought dresses, which is an article of clothing I haven't owned in a long time, more shorts and shirts, some sandals, and even a couple bathing suits. My tan was terribly uneven and I would try to fix that by the end of the summer

"You need a pair of boots." He nudged me as we walked out of the second store and I was deciding which one would be my last.

"Which store should I go to for that?" I asked and he looked around a second before seeming to find what he was looking for.

"Over there." He gestured and I followed. I was actually getting tired. The bags were heavy and I wasn't even carrying most of them, the sun was blazing and my leg was throbbing, though I wouldn't tell him that. I was used to it, so it wasn't a big deal.

"Last one, I don't think I've ever been so relieved!" he cried out in happiness and ii rolled my eyes behind my new sunglasses

"Drama queen" I mumbled

"Heard that."

"Don't care."

"Just get in." he opened the door. I've never owned a pair of cowboy boots before, and I was probably the only one around here that didn't, so I if I was looking for the things they wore, I was definitely in the right place.

"How about you pick." I said as I sat down on the chair to rest my leg

"Sure, what size?"

"Seven and a half."

"Got it." he headed off while I rubbed the skin around the bandage. Thank god it wasn't too deep. I've had cuts ten times worse than this and lots of stitches so this really wasn't a big deal, it was just bothersome.

But then again, after getting any of the other cuts, I didn't have to walk around too much, so that could be the problem.

"Got a few choices." Liam said and I immediately moved my hand from my leg

"Alright." I smiled at him and he looked down at my leg

"It's hurting." It wasn't a question

"it's just sore, no big deal. Let's get the boots and we can go to a movie, a nice cool theater where we can sit down for a couple hours."

"Perfection" he sighed as he opened a box. I tried on a few pairs, and I ended up with a pair of dark brown, light brown, white and light brown with purple on them.

It gave me sick satisfaction that I was using my parents card and this stop was particularly expensive. I didn't give a damn about how much I spent today, hell maybe I'll take Kalila and buy her some stuff tomorrow.

Did that make me a bad daughter? Maybe, but as they pointed out on many occasions, they may have made me, but they were clear on the fact they never wanted a daughter. So I really didn't give a damn.

"Movie time." we loaded my stuff into the truck.

"I'm glad, I'm done with shopping." I pulled my hair back and banded it to keep it off my neck. The heat was getting unbearable and I was excited to sit in a cold theater. I haven't been to one since I was a kid with one of my nannies, but I remember always being freezing when I went and needing a jacket.

He wrapped an arm around me as he drove there, and as soon as we got inside he paid for both our tickets, popcorn and a soda as we made our way in to watch We're The Millers.

We lifted up the center and I leaned against his side. This felt pretty close to a date right now, and my heart skipped liking that thought.

It felt good to be leaning against him, sharing pop-corn and a drink, I felt like a normal teenage girl.

"Liam" I whispered to get his attention half way through the movie and he looked over at me. I leaned up and pressed my lips to his, a move which successfully seemed to dig me into a deeper hole.

I was falling for him. I felt things for him I have never felt before and I didn't know how to handle those emotions. At this point I never wanted to go home. I wanted to stay here with him and get to know my family, the ones who truly cared for me.

"Want to know a secret?" he asked

"Sure."

"I've been pretending all day that this was a date." And I smiled wider

"My first one." He brushed his lips against mine sweetly. I never actually went on a date with Than, or any other guy.

"Well Miss Addie, I hope it's everything you hoped it would be." He was so cheesy, but I adored that about him.

"You're everything I hoped for." I said before I curled back up against his side to watch the movie. I don't know where that came from, but I did mean that.

Liam was everything I could hope for in a guy. Kind and sweet, patient and loving. He didn't pressure me or make me feel bad about myself. He supported me through things he didn't know about and helped me through the things he did.

I was in complete danger of falling in love with him by the end of the summer. It was a scary and thrilling feeling that I didn't want to change.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.7K 5.7K 44
"I'm assuming that little speech was meant for me?" "It was meant for everyone." "But mostly me. Is it because I called her selfish earlier? Are you...
708K 35.9K 61
Ashlyn hasn't spoken a word since the age of eight, and her heart's never felt more protected. But, when the confident and ever so charming Derek stu...
245 29 34
"Your hair is full of snow," He chuckled as he looked at her, reaching out to push a strand of hair behind her ear. Some snow successfully fell off...
222 26 17
Reece looses both his parent to a suicidal-murder and his boyfriend ditches him. he moves in with his Aunt. he becomes friends with the neighbor. Je...