Arranging Love.

By Miscellaneousrhubarb

Arranging Love Book 1 24-year-old Sasha Hamilton loves her life as the daughter of billionaire businessman an... More

Arranging Love.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
AN... Guys I NEED Your Help.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue.
What's next...
Bonus Chapter #1

Chapter 9

22.4K 543 11
By Miscellaneousrhubarb

New York's golden couple celebrate their engagement with a star studded party~ New York Times.

Sasha's POV~

4 weeks... 4 weeks... 4 weeks...

The phrase kept running itself on repeat in my head. I knew I was going to have to marry Christian at some point but now the countdown is on. It's kind of like having a father as a fortune teller. I know when and where and how I am going to die. I don't like it one single bit.

Marrying Christian probably isn't the worst thing in the world. Like mum said, he could be like my father but you'll NEVER hear me admit that. I'm way too proud for that.

Luckily I didn't have to see Christian for the last week or so and I really was grateful for that. When I am around him, it's very confusing, like I hate him but at the same time I'm ridiculously attracted to him. I just, being close to him leave me feeling weird, like butterflies in my stomach. I mean it's not his face or body that are ugly. It just so happens that his personality is. It's a shame really. I tend to only attract the guys that are really hot but absolute dicks. Just my luck hey!

This entire week had been spent cooped up in my mother's house unable to leave while I listened to my mother and my mother-in-law-to-be Karen talk over plans for both the engagement party and wedding. Oh happy times. Don't get me wrong I love my mother, it's just she can be a little over the top when it comes to organizing things and well everything has to be the way she wants it. This was actually the first time I had met Karen and although I had been walking on eggshells around her seeing as I was in an arranged marriage with her son she seems rather lovely and she seems more than happy to let my mum have at it. It's a match made in heaven for me. No fights which is a relief.

The days were spent talking about this and that. Although my opinion was never really asked for, not that I really cared, I mean this is a wedding for show, surely once all this marriage rubbish is over I will find a man worth marrying. Maybe with blonde hair though.

All the guys I have dated in the past have been tall, dark and handsome but complete arseholes. With tiny dicks if I must add. Personally I think it's because they put 3 quarters of it into their personality but either way it makes for a short relationship.

Of course, given my father's interference with my life, both the engagement party and wedding will be held at the hotel of my father's choosing. Currently I think the ballroom at the bottom of MTHCO. is what has been chosen, so there is nothing to worry about there.

My bridesmaids are a given and they all already know it without me having to ask them. Bethany and Stella have already taken themselves out to find dresses with my blessing, I didn't even have to choose the god damn colour, my own mother did that for me. Ok so maybe I am a little annoyed that I have little to no say in this wedding.

Currently I am standing on a red carpet with a line of paparazzi taking my photo. Christian is standing next to me his arm secured tightly around my waist. I'm not quite sure if it's to stop me from bolting the hell out of here or himself, because right now a tight smile forced on to my face I can think of nothing more than making a break for it consequences be damned. I could let out a breath of relief when Christian released my waist from his vice grip and tugged my hand to lead me down the rest of the carpet which at this point I think is quite frankly overkill and clearly my father's idea to make himself more important, and into the hotel ballroom entrance to wait for us to be announced.

I stood standing behind the doors, fidgeting in anticipation while Christian stood beside me as still as stone. When I say pay that I hadn't seen him for an entire week I mean exactly that. We have not spoken at all and now that we have to act in love it really is quite awkward, and awkward is one thing I cannot do.

As the nerves set in, my fidgeting gets more frantic. The thought I having to walk into a room and openly lie to all of my family and friends really wasn't setting in well. Oh shit I actually may be sick. Deep breaths, in...2...3, out...2...3. My train of thought is abruptly cut off when a large, warm hand grasps my fingers, stopping their movement. Christian doesn't say anything, when I look at him in shock it appears that he hasn't even looked over at me but his actions have an instant calming effect. I can definitely do this!!! There's absolutely nothing to worry about!!

About 3 hours, everything is running smoothly, I am currently standing in a rather boring conversation about coffee beans with a colleague of my fathers. I mean who the hell thinks that the origin of coffee beans classifies as stimulating conversation. The only stimulating coffee does is on my brain when I'm tired or hungover, otherwise I'm out. I'd be lying if I said that I hadn't been keeping tabs on Christian. For some reason my eyes would always find his throughout the night really to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid and make a fool out me.

This time, however, as I look over to see where he is, my eyes lock directly with his and I am surprised to see that he is making his way over to me. Oh god now what does he want. I follow his movements out of the corner of my eye as I attempt to discover what this old dude is now talking about. Whatever it is that he is so passionately discussing, probably the banana or something just as random, he is cut off by the arrival of Christian. I've never been so thankful that he has shown up, which will probably be a first and last time.

"Sorry Mr Chambers, mind if I steal my fiancée away?" No I don't mind at all. And since when did Christian know this guy's name, I didn't even know it and I think he introduced himself to me.

"Thank god you came, that guy was an absolute party"

"Let me guess he was telling you about the coffee bean, before moving on the how majestic the Papaya was"

"How did you know that?" Ok now this guy is just downright creepy, and I'm still pretty sure it was a banana.

"Already had that cover satin princess, I feel your pain" ok that makes sense.

"Either way, any longer and I could have passed out" that caused him to chuckle, and I'll be honest it was a sexy chuckle. Damn him!

It is at this point I realize that we are walking to the dance floor where there are a number of couples dancing. This causes me to stop dead. When Christian feels that I am no longer moving he turns around and steps closer so he can be heard over the music of 'All Of Me' by John Legend.

"What are you doing?

"Where are you taking me?" I countered back.

"To dance?" I asks suddenly not so sure of what he is doing.

"No"

"No?"

"Yes"

"Yes?"

"No" this was getting frustrating and it was fairly obvious that Christian enjoyed my anger.

"No I do not want to dance with you"

"Why? It's just dancing"

"Last time it wasn't just dancing and I have no desire for that to happen again, but you can have a drink with me" I turn back around and head away from the dance floor towards the bar. 

Once our drinks are placed in front of us and I literally skull my entire champagne. I needed this, what's a family gathering without the numbing haze of alcohol.  Although as that haze set in I was beginning to regret it and my mind floated back to the last time I got plastered. I slept with him. So maybe the dancing was actually a better idea.

We spent the next 30 or so minutes drinking champagne and talking about members of our family that were present tonight. Christian was clearly entertained when I pointed out and told him the stories of each of my father's wives. It didn't take long to tell much like his marriages short and bitter, all of them unfortunately. What I learned was to stay as far away from his best man Conor, even worse than Christian, or so I'm told, although I don't think he really realizes how much a man whore he is, but he won't listen to me so stuff it.

Midway through pointing out, who his brother was, Maximus Matheson, who as it turned out was currently flirting his arse off with Stella although really getting nowhere based on her face, Christian stopped talking. His face was ghost white and his eyes were locked directly on a gorgeous brunette who had just walked in the room. Completely ignoring me he moved away from the bar and made a beeline directly for the beauty. At the same time a furious looking Bethany stopped at my side with a worried Stella in tow.

"Do you know who she is?"

Bethany let out a humourless laugh, one I was worried to say I had never heard before.

"That's Christian's girlfriend."

Well, well, well, what do we have here.?

-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—

Hey guys

There is chapter 9. If you enjoyed please don't forget to vote and comment. Also I have just stared university so I don't have as much time to write these days but I will try my hardest not to keep you waiting.

Also the picture at the top is Sasha's engagement party dress.

Sorry about the cliffhanger but it seems as though things are starting to get good.

How do you think that Sasha will react to Christian's girlfriend?

Sorry about any mistakes

Maddie xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 54.8K 76
At the end - 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 ! Being married to only son of billionaire is like dream come true... ZAYDEN HA...
4.5M 134K 68
Avalana Skylar Valerie is a sweet carrying girl with a good grade and a great sport skills. She's the Daughter of Karl Valerie the CEO of Valerie and...
220 19 14
☾︎☽︎🝮︎︎︎︎︎︎︎☾︎☽︎🝮︎︎︎︎︎︎︎☾︎☽︎🝮︎︎︎︎︎︎︎☾︎☽︎🝮︎︎︎︎︎︎︎☾︎☽︎🝮︎︎︎︎︎︎︎☾︎☽︎🝮︎︎︎︎︎︎︎☾︎☽︎🝮︎︎︎︎︎︎︎☾︎☽︎🝮︎︎︎︎︎︎︎☾︎☽︎ Isadora is a girl who is 19 years old. S...
1.1M 48K 66
This story is complete ✅ Casey is a nerd, but the charming, cute type. He evades college parties like the plague. Who knew he would accidentally jump...