Promise This (English Version)

By SophieQH

"A strand of hair was laying over her left eye and he slowly tucked it behind her ear with his index finger... More

Author's Note
FAQ
PT Soundtrack
1. Lost
3. Sarah
4. Jackpot
5. Convinced
6. Supermoon
7. Everything
8. Ready?
9. Distant
10. Definitely
11. Spark
12. Hi
13. Exactly
14. Trouble
15. Careful
16. Yet
17. Trust
18. Stories
19. FYI
20. Stay
21. Coward
22. Here
23. Love
24. Secret
25. Us
26. Regrets
27. Unless
28. Sacrifice
29. Memories
30. Heartache
31. Tired
32. Mine
33. Hide
34. Dreaming
35. Perspective
36. Tease
37. More
38. Deal
39. Silent
40. Mask
41. Please
42. However
43. Grace
44. Still
45. Quitting
46. Gone
47. Fragile
48. Aching
49. Resignation
50. Yes
51. Away
52. Habibti
53. Faith
54. Always
55. Unforgettable
56. Three
57. Lucky
58. Again
59. Final Chapter: The Gift
Author's Note
60. Bonus Chapter: Perfect
61. Bonus Chapter: Baba

2. Cheers!

9.2K 318 41
By SophieQH

Sarah was seven-years-old when she took her first fall from a horse. No one seemed to notice that the mare she was about to ride was suffering from some pain on her back. As soon as Sarah sat on the saddle, the horse showed discomfort and started moving from side to side, trying to get Sarah off of her. Sarah managed to jump and fell on her butt. It wasn't a bad fall but she was very scared and tears began to fall down her face.

Pat ran up to her. "Hey, hey, hey... are you okay, doll?" He sweetly asked as he lifted her from the ground.

Sarah could not speak, she just nodded.

"Are you hurt?" He wondered.

She shook her head.

"Okay then, let's wipe those tears and try again."

"I don't want to," she mumbled.

"What do you mean? You don't want to ride again just because you fell once?"

Sarah lowered her head.

"Now, it is okay to be scared but I won't let you quit just because of that. We are not quitters," Pat reminded her. "You love horses and I know that your love for them is greater than the fear you're feeling right now."

Sarah looked up to her dad and found the courage she needed in his blue eyes. She sniffled, dried the last tears on her face with the back of her hand and jumped on the new horse the instructor had brought for her.

"That's my girl," Pat said proudly.

---

The Buddah Bar was one of the best places in town, right at the heart of the Dubai Marina. They served delicious Asian cuisine and played great dance music. Alcohol was also served there, which the occasion deserved. It was Thursday night and the place was full since most people get Friday off in the UAE. But Tom knew the owner and managed to get a reservation on short notice.

Tom had perfectly styled black hair and green eyes. He was sitting alone at the table for four right under the gigantic golden Buddah in the middle of the restaurant area. He was all dressed in black; blazer, t-shirt, pants and shoes.

"Are you going to a funeral later?" Questioned Sarah as she got near the table.

"It's the color of my soul, dear," he replied as he stood up to kiss and hug his best friend.

She looked radiant in her beige sleeveless blouse with a thin black belt around her waist, black skinny jeans and pumps.

"Looking good, girl!" Tom added.

"Thank you. You're as fabulous as usual."

Tom and Sarah had been best friends since kindergarten. They were inseparable until Tom decided to move after finishing high school. He loved Dubai and still visited often, but he wanted to be somewhere where he could be comfortable with his sexuality, and since his mother was British, London was the obvious place to be. Eventually, he became a real estate agent for high-end properties and Sarah was happy that he no longer lived in a place where it was illegal to be gay.

"When are you leaving me again?" Asked Sarah as she sat down next to him.

"Tomorrow afternoon."

"I'm going to miss you so much!" Replied Sarah pouting.

"I will miss you more, I prom— Oh! There you are! We have been waiting for ages!" Lied Tom to their other two friends as soon as he saw them.

Erin had a black pixie haircut, she was tall and skinny and was wearing a navy pantsuit. She was a workaholic who dreamed of becoming one of the UAE's toughest lawyers.

"Shut up! I didn't even have time to go change after work!" She barked as she kissed both of her friends on the cheek.

Abby was a Middle Eastern studies teacher at the American School of Dubai. She had blonde straight hair pulled back on a pony tail. She was a little shorter than Erin and was wearing a cute soft pink dress and golden sandals. She was the positive one of the group, always had something nice to say.

"Well, looks like we got here right on time!" Noted Abby, pointing at the waiter who was setting the champagne Tom ordered next to their table.

"Should I serve?" Asked the waiter.

"Yes!" The group replied excitedly.

Tom cleared his throat and raised his glass. "Here's to my best friend and soulmate, who got her dream job today," he said proudly as he looked at Sarah and squeezed her hand. "May she win every race from now on."

"Cheers!"

The four friends clinked their glasses and took a sip.

"Thank you for the optimism," added Sarah.

Avicii's Wake Me Up started playing in the restaurant.

"Our jam!" Exclaimed Erin putting one hand in the air.

They loved Avicii and this one was one of their favorite songs.

"It's a good sign!" Relieved Sarah clapping her hands.

They started singing.

Halfway through the song, they were yelling the lyrics. They were a loud table and they didn't care.

"That song gives my life every time!" Said Tom taking another sip of his champagne. 

"Freaking love it!" Agreed Abby. "But seriously, congrats on that new job, Sarah!"

"I'm so happy you guys. Riding at a major stable like this one it's the only chance us riders have to make a career out of endurance."

"I can't believe you are going to ride for Sheikh Hamdan," sighed Abby.

"He is so hot!" Said Erin biting her lower lip.

"Wait, which one is he?" Wondered Tom.

The three girls looked at him in disbelief.

"Crown Prince of Dubai? Sheikh Hamdan Al Maktoum? His picture is all over the city?" Said Abby hoping her friend would finally get it, but Tom's face still looked puzzled.

"It's just that there are so many of those Sheikhs out there! And you guys know I don't keep up with the royals."

"Argh!" Erin complained as she reached for her phone. "I'll google him for you."

Tom finally realised who his friends were talking about when he looked at his picture on Erin's phone.

"Oh! He is the cool one! The skydiver!"

"Yes!" Said the girls rolling their eyes.

"And have you met him?" Wondered Tom, turning to Sarah.

"No. I've met a couple of his sisters who are riders too. They seem really sweet girls, but I never met him, I have only seen him from a distance at the races."

"And you never have gone up to him and said hi?" Asked Abby.

"No! There's a lot of people and photographers around him all the time. Besides, what would I say after hi?"

"Would you marry my friend Abby? That would be a good idea," Abby winked.

"Excuse me!" Tom interrupted. "You are forgetting one little detail; you are engaged!"

"Exactly!" Said Sarah. "What about Josh?"

"Oh, he will understand!" Joked Abby. "Did you know he is a poet?" She continued.

"Really?" Replied Sarah, frowning. "I didn't know that. All I know is that he is the current endurance world champion."

"I follow him on Instagram and he is the coolest royal ever," said Erin who was still scrolling through her phone. "Look, four million followers!" She turned the phone for the rest to see.

"But why Faz3?" questioned Tom.

"He publishes his poetry work under the name Fazza and he is the third child so, he is all about number three." Abby quickly explained.

The other three stared at her.

"What? It's kind of my job to know this sort of stuff," she explained.

"So, he's not married?" Inquired Tom.

After a few seconds of silence, Abby realised her friends were still looking at her waiting for an answer.

"Oh! No, he's single. When he gets married, believe me, we will know."

"Why?" Wondered Sarah. "Aren't they super private about that kind of stuff?"

"Not when it comes to the Crown Prince. We are talking about a three day wedding, at least. With everybody who is anybody in the Gulf being there."

"Wow," said Sarah with wide open eyes. "Who will be the lucky girl?"

"Probably some Emirati Sheikha," commented Abby.

"Wait, you guys! It says here that he was engaged like eight years ago but the engagement got called off!" Exclaimed Erin looking at her phone. "I wonder what happened..."

"We will never know," said Abby, shaking her head.

"You could find out!" Said Tom, excitedly pointing at Sarah.

"Me? Yeah, sure! I'll be like: nice to meet you, Sheikh. Quick question, would you mind telling me what went wrong with your engagement?" Replied Sarah sarcastically.

"I don't see what's wrong with that," countered Tom with an entirely serious face. "So, let me get this straight..." he continued, bringing one hand to his chest. "This man is a prince, he is bloody rich, super handsome, he is a skydiver, an endurance world champion and a poet? Are you guys sure he is real?"

They all laughed.

"Cheers to Prince Perfect!" Said Erin, raising her glass.

"Cheers!" The four friends clinked their glasses once again.

"I just hope he is not a total jerk, because he does sound too good to be true," Sarah sighed.

"He's turning thirty four this year." Erin raised her eyebrows. "I thought he was younger!"

"Are you still stalking him?" Replied Sarah.

"You would not believe how much of a lawyer's work nowadays is to stalk people on the internet and social media. I'm an expert!" Shrugged Erin. "When do you think you will meet him?" She added, finally putting her phone down.

"Not soon, I guess. I don't think he will be here much for the Summer."

"Honey, you are the only one staying here for the Summer," sympathized Tom, patting his friend on the back.

"I just got this new job, they already approved of my trip in December, there's no way I'm getting any more days off. But you guys have to be here for my birthday!"

"I will," said Abby, smiling at her friend.

Sarah glanced at Erin who gave her a nod and then she looked back at Tom.

"Of course I'll come back for your birthday!"

Sarah smiled. "Perfect! Now, let's order something because I'm starving!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

486K 10.2K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
778K 36.5K 59
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
278K 9.5K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
192K 7.9K 57
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...