Survival Under Protection - B...

By tanushree27

Fifteen-year-old, naive and innocent Ria Wilson is the little sister to the most reputed, feared and protecti... More

1 - A Sneak Peak
2 - Sunrise With Chaos
3 - A peep into the past
4 - The Separation
5 - And Now It Begins
6 - An Unknown Saviour
7 - Disciplinary room
8 - Years of wait
9 - Insight of the past
10 - Cute in yellow
11 - The Growing Protective Realm
12 - The Green Frog
13 - The New Guardians
14 - Ice Cream Time
15- Knowing The Evil
16- The Warning
17 - Detention
19- A Close Call
20: Farewell
21- Free Bird For A Night
22- A Princess In Purple
23- A Hag In Orange
24- The Senior Party
25- Meeting Another Damon
26: The Perfect First Dance
27: The Lie, The Truth, And The Mess
28- Not Grounded
29: Alone
30: The Unwanted Proposal
31: The Dirty Deal
32: Dissension And Harmony
33: The Shower Dance
34: Proposal From The Hell
35:The Unpleasant Reunion
36: The Dirty Revenge
37: The Growing Hindrance
38: The Mending Kiss
39: No More Hiding
40: The Truth Unfolded
Our Favourite Characters
Rest of the story on Amazon
The sequel is OUT!

18 - Dancing With The Paints

7.6K 214 10
By tanushree27

Edited on 21st Jun '19

The class ended and I was the first one to storm out of the class, after the teacher of course. Alex was sure not a hulk but could fit very well for Wolverine in terms of his anger.

"Ria wait, what was that?"

-"What?"

-"Don't act smart, you can't pass a class without getting detention? Huh?"

-"Alex, you are talking as if I get detentions every day. And this is only my second this year."

-"Don't defend yourself. That's ok. John will handle you well. Come to the canteen. We'll talk there."

"Alex, wait..." I cried but he stormed towards the canteen. It was going to be tough facing John.

I stood there fretting about the scoldings I was going to get from John when I saw Rini smiling at me cheerfully. "Wow, that was so touchy!!" Rini cooed to me while she came near me.

"What was touchy, Rini?" I asked her. "The way your brothers take care of you and love you." She said while hugging herself. This girl really had gone mad. "Rini, you call this love? Can't you see how my brothers are always present to ruin my life?" I said, a little bit dramatically, pointing towards the way Alex left. "I will die to have such brothers in my life too!!" Rini cooed and I rolled my eyes at her and left for the canteen. It was a waste of time to argue with her.

"Hey, Ria! Wassup?" Sally came hopping to me. "Nothing..." I replied dejectedly.

"Tell me, Ria, what can I do for you to make you cheerful?" Sally said while tapping on her happy dance. "Yeah, you can change your gender to a boy and flee me away from my family," I said and winked at her and we both laughed at that.

We walked casually to the canteen where we saw John fuming. "What am I hearing, Ria! You got detention the second time this year!" John said in a full sarcastic way. I didn't say anything and Sally blurted out, "John, it was that Rini's fault, not Ria's."

"Whatever it may be, you deserve punishment. You will cook today's dinner." Andy said with a devilish smile. "What? You just want to annoy me and nothing else." I huffed.

"Shut up, you idiot!" Andy shouted at me. "Andy, stop. Ria, as said, you will prepare today's dinner," John said and I opened my mouth to protest but John stopped me, "and Andy will do the dishes." John ended and Sally and I did our happy dance. Andy was fuming and Alex and Joe couldn't hide their giggles.

"But the problem is mom, dad, Logan, and Jack will leave today, and now you have ended up with detention," John said with huffs. "John..., you, Alex, Joe, and Andy please leave for home. Tell mom and dad that I had some extra classes and I will come soon after the detention is over." I said reassuring John.

"John, I think it's a good idea." Joe backed me up and John nodded thoughtfully.

Soon we dispersed to our classes after the recess, and thankfully Joe partnered me in the rest of the classes. After the classes, all my brothers left soon, but not before lots of

"If you face any problem, call us", "wait for us" and "don't roam alone" and more never-ending stuff like that. I was left alone. I felt so angry at this point at Rini. She not only got me detention but punishment too for preparing dinner.

I hopped towards the wall to be painted beside our classes. It was a good initiative from our school authority to spare a large, long wall where students would paint beautiful pictures or draw funny cartoons, though I literally sucked at it. Anyways, the school authority decided to repaint it to white and start over with fresh art on it. And that's how detainees like me ended up here.

"Sally, you don't have to wait for me, leave for home," I said to her as she too took a paintbrush-like me and started painting the walls. "Nope, I will stay with you." She grinned and started painting the wall borders. There were three more students, other than Rini, painting the other corner. And Sally throwing dangerous glares at Rini made her stand at a different corner.

Sally and I were happily painting, though a hell of a lot of paint was on the ground as we were trying to throw it on each other more.

"Ria, you here?" I turned back and found Daniel behind me. I kept staring at him blankly not knowing what to say when Sally said, "Ria, I need to go. Have a good time." She whispered near my ear, waved goodbye at Daniel, and hopped off from there.

I thought to call her back but seeing Daniel infront of me affected my hormones in strange ways. Yeah, Daniel looked super cool in a combo of Red jacket, whites skinny Tee, and black trousers.

"Hey, Daniel... I didn't expect to see you here." I spoke finally breaking the awkward silence... after 20 long seconds, long enough after I finished cursing myself for being a jerk. Daniel smiled and picked up the paintbrush that Sally left on the floor.

"Yeah, I often come here for painting. It's among my favorite hobbies. And what about you?" He asked and I felt embarrassed immediately. Painting a wall at school, after classes, was a straight no-no to me.

"Umm. I got detention," I said slowly while playing with my curls. I thought he would laugh at me but his expressions were quite amusing. "Hmm, detentions, nice. By the way, I have to say, I got your number." He said and I recalled Sally's text the last night.

"Yeah, my Sally told me. Why didn't you text me then?" I asked him.

"That's because I wanted to know if you are ok with me texting you. And your brother, Ray, I guess, shot on you for talking to me." Daniel said and I cursed Ray in my mind.

"Don't worry about Ray, he is not my brother and I would love to get texts from you." I blurted out and immediately regretted my stupidity. "Really?" Daniel said as a smile flashed on his face and he stepped a foot towards me. "Ughh, I mean..umm" I stuttered as I saw him coming towards me.

It was a feeling I could not explain even to myself. Butterflies were pondering inside my tummy. I loved the feeling but I don't know why I stepped back too and Daniel speeded up and pulled me instantly towards himself by holding me by my waist. Goosebumps ran down through me as I felt his touch.

"Careful, the wall is freshly painted, You'll ruin your dress, which is yellow again. It suits you perfectly." Daniel said and I realized the wall was painted a few minutes back by me and Sally.

I blushed at his compliment. I was never this close to any boy before and I skipped a beat when Daniel carefully pushed back a streak of my hair behind my ears.

"Come, I will show you how to paint," Daniel said, held my hand, and took me to the other side of the wall that was not yet painted. He walked to a big wardrobe that placed at the corner and when he opened it I could see atleast thirty different vessels of colors.

He carefully studied them and got just seven of them one by one. He then took a fresh brush and dipped it into the red-colored vessel and skillfully started applying the brush in different angles. He was really good at painting and within no time the boring white wall was shining with a vibrant set of colors and soon I could figure out his art as a ray of sunshine in the early morning.

I was mesmerized looking at his flawless talent and he soon looked at me and offered me another paintbrush with a challenging smile. I scoffed at him but decided to play along and tried to ruin his painting to which he stood protective and drew small little designs on the already painted wall and asked me to fill it as if I was a kindergarten baby!

But even to that I did nothing else but ruined his designs with uneven and shady borders.

Rini and the three other students painting the other side often stared at us because we were actually enjoying painting with loads of laughs and plays. I wouldn't blame them because painting a wall was a pain in the ass, until now indeed. I loved every moment I spent with Daniel.

He was so caring and funny. He made me laugh every now and then, totally against my judgment about him.

He tried asking me about my family and siblings but I changed the topic. Almost everyone knew my brothers and most of the guys avoided talking to me because they feared my brothers so much. I didn't want the same reaction from Daniel as well.

I playfully stepped on his shoes and he slid the paintbrush on my nose. He couldn't control his laughter and I threw a full mug of paint on him but he bent down and saved himself. He chased me and picked me up with no effort at all. We were laughing like crazy people.

"Daniel..?" We heard a girl standing near the entrance of the corridor and that ceased our laughter and Daniel put me down after seeing her. "Hey Eli, here you are!" Daniel chirped to her and put me down and I was instantly confused at that. "Yeah, I have my basketball practice in the next few minutes, so wanted to check if you would like to come and watch my game!" Eli said excitedly.

This time I looked at her. She was one heck of beauty, I had to admit that. She was close to 5'8', blond, and was a short red skirt and a matching top with white frills.

"Sure, I would love to!" Daniel said and went to her and I immediately felt unwanted as Daniel started talking to that Eli. I decided to move away when Daniel pulled my hand back.

"Ria, where are you going?" He asked and I felt a little better but he left me in the middle to talk to that girl and I was not able to be ok with that. "It seems you are busy so I better leave." I felt dejected and somewhere within I wanted to shout at him, but why?... He wasn't even my boyfriend.

"Um, she is my friend and I promised to accompany her to her game. Sorry, I forgot that, and now I have to go with her." He said and I nodded to it halfheartedly.

"Well, wait for my text soon and I will look forward to meeting you again. I had a great time with you today." He said and I felt a little better. Daniel left with Eli and I realized that my detention time too was over. John had texted me earlier to call him once I was ready to go home, but I decided to head home alone.

I marched happily out of the school, gate when a voice startled me, "Where do you think you are going alone, young lady?" I turned around and found Jack standing beside his car with his hands crossed and I stood there still, like an idiot again.

Hola to my best buddies. Yes, that's right, my best buddies because you motivate me to my core every day with your lovely comments and votes.

I really love you guys and thank you from bottom of my heart.

Let me know if you guys wanna see any special tracks in the story and I promise to put it up in the story ahead.

C ya all... byeeeeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 35.9K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...
474K 10.9K 51
Fifteen year old Isabella Delgado is living her best life (kinda) - until she's pulled into a police station shipped off to America to live with the...
1.5M 38.9K 60
[[COMPLETED]] [[UNEDITED]] Samantha Lydia Stones is a 15 year old girl with not just one but four overprotective brothers. Add two of her adopted bro...
1.7M 40K 51
Aspen Anderson has eight over protective brothers. She falls for a bad boy ignoring her brothers warnings after an event that ruined Aspen. She deals...