BLIND DEVOTION : The Misconce...

By the_creative_mabel

Status: Complete ✔ | Editing process ⏸ Tell me what's the perfect picture of young adults life nowadays... More

Chapter 1: First Day - New Encounters
Chapter 2: First Day - New Encounters [part. 2]
Chapter 3: Defend Yourself!
Chapter 4: Just...Lonely.
Chapter 5: Let's Be Friends!
Chapter 6: Let's Be Friends! [part.2]
Chapter 7: Don't Wanna Be Alone
Chapter 8: Eat, Play, Talk!
Chapter 9: No Love
Chapter 10: Just Getting To Know You Better
Chapter 11: Just The Two of Us
Chapter 12: I'll Take Care of You
Chapter 13: A Good Listener
Chapter 14: Feeling Protected
Chapter 15: Mixed Feelings
Chapter 16: Closer...
Chapter 17: You Go To My Head
Chapter 18: Mine
Chapter 19: A Some Relationship?
Chapter 20: Like A Drama
Chapter 21: Mental Discomfort
Chapter 22: Let's Not Fall in Love
Chapter 23: Avoidance
Chapter 24: Inside Her Shell
Chapter 25: Love Impaired
Chapter 26: Face-Off
Chapter 27: Heart[sick]
Chapter 28: So, What Now?
Chapter 29: Only Hope
Chapter 30: My Prince Charming
Chapter 31: The Lesson
Chapter 32: Hugs & Kisses
Chapter 33: Past & Present
Chapter 34: Just A Friend
Chapter 35: It's Risky
Thank You Message [5K Views!!!]
Chapter 36: Shouldn't Have...
Chapter 37: Will You Be Alright?
Chapter 38: Mighty Jaebeom°
Chapter 39: Smile Again
Chapter 40: Jealousy?
Chapter 41: Wedding Day [pt.1]
Chapter 42: Wedding Day [pt.2]
Chapter 43: Uncertainty
Chapter 44: I'm Still There
Chapter 45: A Growing Friendship
Chapter 46: Happy Feels
Chapter 47: When Your Friends Are Guys...
Chapter 48: Gibberish
Chapter 49: What A Mess!
Chapter 50: Gray
Chapter 51: Toy
Chapter 52: Breathe
Chapter 53: Passing By
Chapter 54: Now or Never
Chapter 55: Toronto
Chapter 56: Like Lullabies
Chapter 57: Fed Up
Chapter 58: Sorry
Chapter 60: Opportunity
Chapter 61: Obsession
Chapter 62: Finally
Chapter 63: Friends Sweet Friends
Chapter 64: Remain Hidden
Chapter 65: Winter Child
Chapter 66: A Blessing In Disguise
Chapter 67: Fifty Shades of JB
Chapter 68: Bosom Buddies
Chapter 69: ...What?
Chapter 70: It's Time
Chapter 71: Awaken [part. 1]
Chapter 72: Awaken [part. 2]
Chapter 73: Crimson
Chapter 74: Retrospection
Chapter 75: December 1898
Chapter 76: Make A Change
Chapter 77: Company
Chapter 78: Let Me Love You
Chapter 79: Commitments
Chapter 80: A Step Forward
Chapter 81: Melanie's Day
Chapter 82: Longtime Friends
Chapter 83: Birth of GOT7
Chapter 84: Nothing Like Us
Chapter 85: Sleepover
Chapter 86: Unconditional Love
Chapter 87: Your Soulmate
Chapter 88: Official?
Thank You & Future Plans~

Chapter 59: Whoa!

537 35 37
By the_creative_mabel

After an hour and a half of waiting, JB's number got called along with nine other participants leaving his friends behind waiting for a couple more minutes or hours. Once in front of the designated room, he looked completely normal while inside his heart raced up until it could possibly explode.

As the others were either chatting, rehearsing their moves and warming up their voices, JB put his earphones to focus on his music. Some stared at him with arrogance feeling the competition. He didn't wait to give them back the cold look.

What does he want? If only he knew what I could do to him...

The annoying stares wouldn't stop so JB tried to read since they were still four people before his turn. Some wondered how he could look so chill reading on the floor but what they didn't know was that he read the same first sentence over and over again.

"Jaebeom Lim," a woman's voice announced from the room after the previous guy had left. He flexed his whole body now sensing the anxiety trying to take over.

When he stepped inside, he immediately noticed the three representants; a woman in the middle gave him a polite smile, while the two other men on her sides remained stone-faced. Even though they looked quite intimidating, JB understood their behavior. He stood right in front of them and the camera.

"Please, introduce yourself," the woman said.

JB cleared his throat first before starting with, "Hi, my name is Jaebeom Lim. I'm a 21 years old college student studying in the Film field right now but my main goal is to become an artist, especially a singer."

"Why do you want to become a singer?"

JB thought about the question carefully and as he wanted to give the perfect answer, he struggled to reply and gave a blank expression instead.

"Take your time."

"Relax, there's no trick in this," the men reassured him calming down the tensed atmosphere.

JB nodded and took a deep breath before replying with what he sincerely felt. "I just... I just like singing." He trailed off and cursed inside of his head for looking stupid. He took few second to compose himself and to continue. "It's there inside of me. Sometimes, the only thing that keeps me alive because it's always there."

"You just like singing?"

JB noticed the tone in his question but he showed more confidence this time. "Shouldn't a singer sing just because he likes to sing? If it's only for money and fame then I don't think they should be called a singer."

The man smirked in satisfaction and noted. "It's written here that you can b-boy. Will you show us that today or you will only focus on singing?"

"Today, I will do both."

"Great. Which song will you sing?" The woman asked with sparkling eyes and anticipation.

"Uh, All of me by John Legend," JB responded quickly. The representants seemed to have lost all hopes and smiled in irony. He was the 20th contestant who was going to sing that song today.

"When you're ready, Mister Lim." Their tones changed and looked more serious. JB sensed something was wrong but prepared himself to do so.

He grabbed the mic and took a deep breath. The judges were looking forward to his performace, hoping he would surprise them, but in a changing mind, he said "sorry, can I change the song?"

When JB sang, the judges were in awe, especially the woman. His voice was simply melodic to their ears, and sweet. They could feel his emotions with his natural facial expressions, and his toothy grin that made everyone fall for him even more. After this being done, he jumped right into his b-boy routine and showed them his best moves. The judges couldn't believe their eyes and thought just watching him doing all of this was a waste of time. Not that he wasn't good but because he was too good to be there. He should train already.

JB was one of the most exceptional cases of today. Why? After only seconds of discussing in front of him, they thought...

"Normally, we would wait few months before giving an official answer to the participants, however, your case is quite exceptional."

"If we wait more to give you an answer, we're afraid that we might lose you."

"You have a lot of potential, that's why we would like to take you now, hoping you won't refuse."

JB's eyes grew wide and as he opened his mouth to say something, nothing would come out.

"I think it wasn't clear. We would like you to be a JYP trainee."

"Are you serious?" A baffled JB stared at them.

"Yes, we are!" They chuckled but their smiles soon disappeared when they saw his eyes becoming wet and his face crisping to avoid crying in front of them but it was too late.

He smiled a little but then turned around when his tears betrayed him. He hid his face in his hands. All the hard times he faced the past weeks came back to his mind; he cried of sadness and happiness all the same time. When he felt a little better, he faced them again and muttered a "sorry" while wiping away the rest of his tears.

"It's okay. I hope it's tears of happiness."

JB nodded.

"Since we have a ton of other people to see today and tomorrow, we'll contact you soon to give you all the information you need and procedures," they explained to him while genuinely smiling.

"Thank you." JB bowed in huge gratitude.

"And stop crying, you look more handsome when you smile," the lady told him and he did. He had a huge beam on his face while heading to the exit. "This guy... If he ever becomes an idol, every girl will fall for him. That smile, have you seen it?"

"That face," one continued.

"That voice," the other man added.

"He's already perfect. A future sex symbol is born," they concluded while giggling before returning back to serious work.

Once JB got outside the building, he couldn't take it anymore and ran while screaming in joy. People around gave him weird looks but he didn't care one second. He was on cloud nine until he heard someone crying in a corner on a bench. Juhyun, the girl from earlier. His face became concerned as he approached her.

"Are you okay?" He tilted his head to better see her face. When she lifted it up to notice it was him, she hid even more, turning her back against him.

"Can I help you with something?" He awkwardly asked, not good with comforting girls.

She shook her head and stayed quiet. As JB stood there not knowing what to do anymore, he wanted to escape the situation. He scratched the back of his neck. "I hope you'll feel better then."

Juhyun heard him leave and she turned around. "Wait? How has it been for you?" She talked about the audition. JB opened his mouth but when he saw her red face, he didn't want to tell her he actually succeeded. "Don't tell me," Juhyun stopped him thinking he also failed to impress them. "They told me my voice wasn't strong enough and lacked personality. I'm not what they're looking for. They suggested me to try out for SM Entertainment, I might have a better chance there."

JB felt sorry for her. He didn't know how to console her, though.

"Are you coming to the party tonight?"

JB raised his brow. "Um, which party?"

"Your friends must haven't informed you yet. We talked a bit when you were gone. There's a party taking place for people and friends who have auditioned today to celebrate. I think it would be a good thing to flush out all the stress and frustrations."

"I don't know-"

"Juhyun!" Someone called from behind. When she looked back, her friend came her way.

"Okay, I'll leave. See you tonight... maybe." Juhyun left.

Now alone, JB waited for Jackson and Junior to get out. He texted them to let them know where he was. There was a little restaurant nearby and he went there to eat a bit while waiting for them.

Two hours later...

"They told me I was too excited and I didn't dance to the beat. They found me a bit arrogant too, however my enthusiasm and powerful moves got them along with my lively personality. My voice would make me an interesting rapper. They'll give a response in few months," Jackson explained as he took a bite of his hamburger. Him and Junior arrived for a while and they were so exhausted and hungry. They first ordered their meal before joining JB at the table.

"As for me, I didn't know what to respond to their question. My mind went totally blank," Junior admitted.

"Oh, I know what you're talking about. It happened to me when they asked me why would I want to give up fencing to be a K-pop idol instead," Jackson commented.

Junior continued, "because of that, I don't think I've performed that well. They liked my dancing; they said my moves were smooth and I good control. They also complimented my voice and think I have great looks; I could be an actor. They said I could fit SM Entertainment too and try while waiting for their official response. If they think I have a chance in SM, I might try. What about you JB?"

"Um..." He paused while watching their expressions. They were so serious and waited for him to speak up that he ended up having a hard time controlling his own face. A huge grin then appeared.

"What's so funny?"

JB only raised his eyebrows and Junior became more curious. "You've made it?" He asked but JB wouldn't respond and only smiled. "No, you're joking," Junior smirked nonchalantly.

"Hey, talk!" Jackson urged.

"They have chosen me."

"Are you serious?" They shouted in-sync.

JB hummed. "Yes!"

"Oh my god," Jackson pronounced in amazement looking at him with round eyes.

"Wait, don't you have to pass other rounds, like round 2 and 3?" Junior demanded.

"No. They told me I was an exceptional case and didn't want to risk losing me," JB replied confidently.

Jackson clapped for him. "Ohhh, look at him, boasting himself. It's all thanks to me,"

"How so?"

"You're here because of me, remember? And, you could practice because of me, remember?"

"Maybe."

"Maybe?" Jackson stopped and returned to his plate.

"That means you're really going to JYP. It's official."

"Yeah, they will contact me soon for further information. I don't know anything else."

"Whoa," Junior did and wanted to give him a congratulation shake but Jackson pushed his hand away. "What's up Jackson?"

"Don't congratulate him, he doesn't even know how to say thank you," he told still hurt. They laughed at his childish attitude.

"Okay, okay Jackson. Fine. Thank you for all you did," JB praised him but it seemed half-hearted.

"All I wanted was a thank you. You bast-I'll tell my dad. I hate you." They laughed once again because he couldn't even curse at his friend as he seemed too ridiculously hurt.

When they finished their meals, they walked a bit outside until Lionel came to drive them back to the hotel. They made calls to their respective families: Junior didn't tell his mother he auditioned. Jackson got scolded by his father a little bit but he retorted back that he had to support JB by failing himself. Friendship goals! As for JB, he talked to Youngjae first who was so happy that his cousin would be in the same company as him. Sooyoung jumped everywhere in the house while his parents were surprised. Well, they didn't really know his talents, the main reason.

Lastly, he called Mark and put the speakers on.

"Are you serious? Oh my god JB!" Mark shouted after JB told him the thrilling news.

After that, Jackson made him guffawed as he talked about his own auditions. The others thought he invented some more details because his story slowly became nonsensical.

"We're going out soon," Jackson informed him of the party.

"I don't think I'll go," JB said out of nowhere while searching for some snacks in the kitchen.

"Why so!" Jackson complained. "Anyway," he returned on the phone to Mark, forgetting about JB's matter for now. "What did you do today? Did you miss us?" He talked like a little kid trying to appeal to Mark's heart. Junior chuckled on the side having fun watching him since earlier.

Mark chuckled too. "Yes, I did miss you guys." In the back, a voice could be heard saying "Liar."

"Who said that?"

"Hi, guys!" Joey's voice popped out.

"Hey, Joey! How are you?" They greeted back.

"Mark and Melanie had fun!" He blurted out amusingly. Mark shouted at him to get out of his room.

"For real? What did you do?" Jackson sat straight up on the bed as he got curious. JB stole a glance to wait for his response. "You guys are now on good terms? What happened?" Junior also got interested in this new topic and got closer to the phone.

"That... First, we-"

"THEY WERE LITERALLY MAKING OUT!" Joey shouted from Mark's door and then ran away. "OH, SHUT UP! WE DIDN'T!" Mark barked back.

"W-W-WHAT!?"Jackson screamed and then hurt his head on the headboard of the bed. JB splashed his fruit juice all over the counter and floor in shock. Whilst for Junior, his eyes went round yet he remained silent waiting for some confirmation. However, all they heard over the phone was Mark still cursing at his brother and this last one asking about "what about that cold shower then?" and "she looked so happy when she left!" and then slamming the door.

Few seconds later, it went all quiet. We only heard Mark hyperventilating over the phone speaker.

"Mark, is it true?" Junior asked carefully.

"I don't know how to feel about that. Please, don't respond, I think I will vom-AH!" Jackson suddenly yelled when JB slammed the bathroom door noisily. He trembled like a little leaf. "I think he went to vomit," Jackson affirmed while looking at Junior before not feeling well. He hurried to the bathroom and knocked on the door. "JB! JB! I need the toilet!"

"Um, call you back Mark." Junior hung up quickly. He then went to join Jackson in front of the bathroom door and knocked. "JB, you're okay?"

The door's knob turned and he opened the door half-naked. "I'm going to take a shower."

"Why?"

"Have you already forgotten the party?"

"You said you wouldn't go," Jackson gave a surprised look.

"I've changed my mind."

~

Hey everyone!
Hope you liked this chapter. I just wanna take a moment to inform you, for those who didn't know yet, I have created a instagram account for my writing and graphics at malorybelle. It would be fun if you could tag me your favorite quotes of my story (or stories)!

Also, you could check out the prologue of my new story 'Hazel: A Cinderella Journey'. You can let me know of your anticipation. Since Blind Devotion is my priority, this story won't be out anytime soon for now. In the meantime, I'll post teasers and other things!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 14.1K 58
●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent readers, please vote. It encourages me...
14.1K 733 35
2015 rolled in with a bang, and it did not have the grace to gift me with a social life that everyone in a one hundred year radius would be jealous o...
2.2K 124 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
4.1K 402 56
"Why do you always avoid my questions?" "I'm not, it's just that there's nothing to say. Who would ever want to date someone they can't even talk to...