You're A Vampire, Cliché Muc...

By lildaydreamer

Emma's life has slowly become more complicated but is driven even further off the rails when her brother's my... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 3 Ending (Emma's P.O.V.)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 10

1.7K 28 5
By lildaydreamer

 Dorian's P.O.V.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs I made a mental note to keep an ear on Emma in her room, she’ll be out for awhile at least three or four hours but there are always exceptions and as soon as my baby wakes up I’m going to be at her side which is exactly where she’ll want me when the bond finishes it’s magic. Alec was in exactly the same place I left him standing dumbfounded in the middle of the hallway.

“Go sit down” I told him and instead of going to the sitting room he went as always to the kitchen. Alec sat on a stool in front of the Isle while I stayed standing, I wanted to subtly remind him who has the power.

“What’s going on? What’s wrong with Emma”?

“There’s nothing wrong with Emma she just needs rest she’ll be fine in a few hours”.

“Why was she with you”? He asked confused.

“There’s no guide on how to say this so I’m just going to get straight to the point, Emma is my mate” Alec stared at me as if frozen in time completely unmoving and unblinking, and then he exploded.

“WHAT? WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING? HOW COULD YOU”?

“It wasn’t exactly a choice Alec and I’m not going to apologise because it’s not my fault nor a regret. Emma is the best thing that’s ever happened to me, I’m telling you this because you deserve to know so don’t mistake it as an ask for permission”.

“You asshole do you have any idea of what you’re doing to her? Do you care about her at all”? At that I snapped sweeping my hand across the counter in front of him and knocking miscellaneous crap to the tile floor.

“Of course I care about her don’t you dare ever question my feelings for Emma or I will end you” I threatened darkly.

“Oh yeah and how do you think she’ll feel about that”? Alec questioned knowingly well he has me there.

 “Whatever Alec I’m not here to argue with you”.

“Well you can’t be with Emma, I won’t let you”.

“Don’t even try to keep her away from me you’ll only end up getting yourself hurt”. I threatened turning my back on him to go back to Emma.

“Does she know what you are”? Alec called out to me when I didn’t respond he continued. “How do you think she’s going to feel when you tell her? That she’ll welcome you with open arms? I don’t think so, or how about when she finds out what really happened to Maddi”? I turned back to face him shocked.

“You know”?

“Of course I know as soon as Emma told me I went looking, was it you”?

“Of course not I was with you the whole time and if it was they wouldn’t have found a body”.

“If only Emma could’ve heard you say that” he mused with a humourless laugh, “how do you think she’ll feel when she knows someone like you and possibly even you were what killed her friend? See if there’s one thing about Emma I know it’s that even though she doesn’t make a lot of friends the ones she does make have her loyalty and never lose it, if she thinks for even a second you were responsible for Maddi she’ll hate you forever”.

“She can’t hate me you idiot”! I was losing it I could feel my control slipping away at this moron telling me what I already know. “The bond won’t let her hate me and if you care for her sanity you won’t tell her, she’ll tear on the inside unable to hate me and unable to stop, you’ll destroy her Alec”.

“Then leave and don’t come back”.

“If I leave I’m taking her with me”. 

“Not a chance”.

“Don’t test me little boy do you have any idea of what I’m capable of? I’m a two hundred year old vampire do not piss me off”.

“Please spare me, had you of said that before we started my project I would’ve had second thoughts but don’t forget what you told me I know how to kill you”.

“And you want murder on your hands? What about Emma Alec? Remember what I told you what happens when you lose a mate”?

“She’s human it’s not the same” he scoffed dismissive and slightly uneasy.

“Yes it is Alec very much so, she’ll kill herself I promise you because it’s what I’d do if I ever lost her”.

“Just leave her alone Dorian for God’s sake for Emma’s sake” he begged.

“She loves me too it’s not one sided”.

“How can you be so sure that she loves you for real? Not just because of the bond huh”?

“Because she told me and that’s why she’s sleeping now, the bond is finalising”.

“Well then I’ll just have to go wake her up” I darted in front of the doorway arms spread and hands clutching the frame.

“Don’t you dare move a muscle” Alec smiled evilly and took a small vial out of his pocket, shit.

“Recognise it Dorian? This is a little of that magic paste you told me about, really easy to make actually just a little dirt from a church and a dash more of some holy water, piece of cake really”.  

“What reason have I ever given you to use it against me”?

“You didn’t it was insurance I couldn’t just bring a vampire into my house without a precaution”.

“You have to understand Alec, please I love her I would never do anything to hurt Emma I would only always protect her”.

“It’s you she needs protecting from Dorian, are you going to turn her”?

“There’s no other choice, but of course I wouldn’t do it until she felt ready I’d never make the final decision for her”.

“You’re not turning my sister Dorian you’re going to leave her alone and no one will get hurt”.

“No just me and Emma” I spat “what part of all that I told you about mates do you not understand? We cannot be without each other, we’ve had arguments Alec we’re not perfect and every time we’ve gone away before it’s fixed we go crazy thinking about each other and now with the bond in place it’s going to be so much worse”.

“I’ll find a way to fix it, to break the bond and then everything will be fine” Alec was talking more to himself than me but I didn’t care he cannot take my baby away from me.

“I can’t let you do that. Alec please I love your sister very much with every fibre of my being I will not lose her to anything, not even to you”.

“Wrong choice”. Alec stood extending the arm with the vial in it towards me un-stoppering it with his thumb. “Last chance Dorian” he was getting uncomfortably close with that liquid death of his, but I will not move from this door and then I heard her.

“Dorian” it was a small breath and she was still tucked up safely in her bed just where I left her and it’s my fault she’s awake, she sensed my fear the fear of my life being ended had brought her out of her sleep too early. Using my unnatural speed I appeared in Emma’s room in the time it would’ve taken Alec to realise I’m gone and locked the door behind me. “Dorian”?

“Yes baby” I went and knelt at her side stroking her dark brown hair out of her beautiful face.

“Is something wrong”? Her eyes anxious.

“No everything’s fine go back to sleep you need rest”.

“I don’t want sleep, I want you” Emma brought a hand to my cheek and gently pulled me to her lips, I didn’t want to stop but there’ll be plenty of time for this when she’s done resting.

“I know baby I want you too but you need to sleep for now”.

“Will you stay”?

“Course I will”.

“Ok” I smiled and Emma began to shut her eyes until a loud pounding sounded at the door. “What’s that”? Eyes open and alarmed Emma tried to sit up so I pushed on her shoulders lightly to keep her down.

“Shh shh it’s nothing sweet heart sleep now, rest for me ok”?

“No what is that”?

“It’s just Alec”.

“Alec”?

“DORIAN OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR RIGHT NOW”!

“What’s going on”?  

“EMMA, EMMA COME OUT HERE QUICK”? She started to move again trying to get free but I couldn’t let her. It felt like my life was burning down around me and I helpless to do anything but to watch.

“Please stay here” I begged.

“Dorian what’s happening? You can tell me”. I buried my face into her neck and felt her arms hug me into her more as she stroked my hair I felt so safe sheltered by her and I never want to move. “Shh shh it’s ok, it’s ok”. I love her so much why does loving someone have to be so damn difficult when it’s the best you could do for anyone, maybe if this all ends a lot better than I think it will I’ll ask Emma she’s good as those kinds of questions.

“EMMA” Alec hadn’t let up on the door.

“What”? She called still holding me.

“LET ME IN”!

“No I’m busy” and my heart swelled when she placed a kiss on the top of my head.

“LET ME IN”!

“That’s it” she muttered “if the boy wants to be a pest he’ll be treated like one. Dorian baby get up a second” I looked up at her in wonder.

“Say it again” she called me baby... now is not the time to be aroused.

“Baby” she purred I moved more so I didn’t attack her with lust than to get out of her way. “Stay here” she told me making me sit on her bed and I agreed because well, my life was hanging in the balance and Alec wouldn’t hurt her and neither would the paste. Emma bent to her knees and started to grope under her bed for something. Five seconds later she pulled out I assume the exact same chrome baseball bat she threatened me with the first time we met and made her way to the still shaking door. Emma unlocked the door but filled the small gap that she had allowed the door to open by. “What do you want”? Her weariness was still apparent in the way she was holding herself, leaning on the frame of her door.

“Just a little chat with Dorian”.

“Well Dorian isn’t available for chatting so please leave before I swing this baseball bat in the direction of your face”.

“There’s no need for that just let me talk with him”.

“No, last warning Alec”. Emma was sent flying as Alec shoved at the door I was on my feet immediately at Emma’s side holding her to me making sure she was ok.

“Are you hurt”? I asked desperately surveying her for any visible signs of damage.

“No I’m fine but Alec’s face is about to take a turn for the worst” Emma tried to get up again but I kept her with me instead, not wanting her to move if I’m about to die I want her to be the last thing I see.

“Emma get away from him”.

“Never”.

“Emma he’s dangerous”.

 “Don’t be so stupid, do you know how many times I’ve been alone with him he’s had plenty of opportunity if that’s what he wanted”.

“You don’t understand Emma he’s not human” at that she scoffed.

“What is he a Martian”? She asked with fake interest.

“He’s a vampire” I froze knowing my happiness has at last come to it’s end.

“What do you take me for? Alec you’re really starting to piss me off and I don’t have the energy right now to argue please leave”.

“I’m serious Emma and he claims that you’re his mate”.

“His what? That’s so...prehistoric and cringy, please tell me you didn’t say that” Emma asked turning her beautiful face to me.

“May have slipped out” she rolled her eyes.

“And are you a vampire”?

“Yes” she did a double take expecting me to say no and confusion quickly turned to anger.

“You both set this up between you didn’t you? This whole time all of it was you, that whole talk in the forest that was a part of it wasn’t it? You guys are sick” she tried to get up out of my arms but I wouldn’t let her. “Let go”.

“It’s the truth” both Alec and I spoke out in unison.

“Get off of me”.

“It’s true sis think about it”.

“About what”?

“Remember what Zoe said to you” I whispered in her ear and over everything else that seemed to get through to her.

“He wants your red, oh shit” Emma left my arms and I didn’t try to stop her this time just watched her pace the length of her bed. “No this is just you two being assholes trying to mess with my head”.

“No Emma" Alec tried again. "It’s the truth remember Maddi and how they couldn’t find the animal that attacked her? Here’s your animal” Alec pointing at me with the acusatory finger and Emma's face an impassive mask. 

-----------------------------------------------------

I can't resist leaving you this note guys, but pretty please if you like this story enough to put it in your library and I know some of you have because it shows up in my news thing then please vote or comment or dare I say fan? The only reason I carry on through chapters sometimes are for those of you who write to me and tell me to keep going, writers need encouragement and support guys so please just a small word or click here or there would be great and if you want me to read anything or fan in return I would be happy to we need to stick together here. 

Thanks as always for reading it means a lot, good reading and writing to you all. 

Lildaydreamerxxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 4K 22
Emily Claire's world is turned upside down when she and her destiny mate found together. She has lived from house to house and she's finally turned 1...
1.1M 16.2K 24
Isabella has waited her whole life - waiting patiently for her mate, someone who will love her unconditionally, eternally and someone who she can spe...
22.3K 2.1K 35
Seventeen year old Kayla Simmons has always been normal, completely ordinary. So when the new guy in town comes and completely changes everything she...
31.4K 694 33
I have died everyday, waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more. *** Adam f...