New Game Plus

Door AzeDefender

In the world of Sykerion, year 451, the demon lord was defeated. Thoth, the hero, died at the end of the batt... Meer

Prologue: The Story of Thoth
The New World
The Blessing
The Status Plate
The First Day
The Joke From Fate
The Unique Group
The Lessons
Side Story 1: The Final Battle
The Day Out
The Talk
The Request
Reflection
The Horde Of Fire
The Cloak of Immolation
The Stort-Term Goal
Kazaric Ravine
The Frozen Viper
Side Story 2: The Partner's Side
The New Curse
The Unusual School Day
The Gun Training
The New Friend
The Soul Contract
The Day Before The Tournament
The First Day of The Tournament
The King Of The Hill
The Aftermath of The Event
The Free For All
The Duals
Side Story 3: Team Deathmatch
Side Story 4: The Spectators Side
The Events Not Taken Seriously
The Tournament Finale
Epilogue: The Story of Aria
V2 Prologue: The Future
V2 Chapter 2: The Adventurer's Guild
V2 chapter 3: The Quest
V2 Chapter 4: The Town Of Belsburg
V2 Chapter 5: The Strange Day In Belsburg
V2 Side Story 1: The Summoned Hero
V2 Chapter 6: The Spar

V2 Chapter 1: The Graduation

2.1K 77 8
Door AzeDefender

Drip. Drip. Drip.

A sound that I've been listening to repetitively for the last ten minutes. Water slowly dripping from the top of the dark cavern I'm in, falling into the puddles below, formed by several months of droplets. The path is lit up by small crystals, glowing a dim, green light. I step through one of the puddles, navigating through the narrow area in front of me. As I do so, something emerges from the shadow and lunges at me, while screeching.

Reacting in an instant, I raise my feet and slam the sole of it onto the monster's face, before forcing it onto the ground with a stomp. After that, I summon the [HNTR] out of my [Spatial Armoury] and fire it onto the monster's head. Instantly, the monster became lifeless, dying in less than five seconds since its spontaneous appearance. Right after, I drop the [Magnum] and it fades into magic particles before it hits the ground, returning to the [Spatial Pocket].

This has happened several more times earlier, sometimes in groups, sometimes individually, but I was able to kill them all within seconds of their appearance. Most of them were insect-like monsters, such as giant beetles, ants and there was even an oversized centipede monster. I haven't been in here for that long, but I've killed several of these things already. I've only released two marks of my curse which is 2 % of my true power, yet, they seemed far too slow and weak.

I continue walking forward, before entering a large, open area within the dark cave. This seems to be the final room. In the center of the room, was a block of stone with a sword stuck inside of it. Proceeding to stand in front of the stone block, I grab at the hilt of the sword, before pulling it out of the block with ease. This is the object I was requested to obtain.

As soon as the sword was pulled out, the entire cavern suddenly shook wildly. When it stops, a huge worm-like creature suddenly bursts through one of the walls, coming straight at me. The worm's body was large enough to swallow me whole, so the worm's mouth was wide open as it charged right at me. I quickly step to the side, narrowly dodging its path as it dives into the opposite wall.

I raise the sword I just pulled out, which was a broadsword with several engravings on it. Though it had no power whatsoever, because it was only a replica of an ancient weapon.

It was still able to function as a normal sword, though. I wait until the worm monster bursts through one of the walls again, and step to the side again. This time, I swung the sword right into its side as it goes by me at high speed.

This wasn't enough to kill it though, because I could still feel a slight vibration in the caves when I activate [Enhanced Detection]. The vibration becomes faster in the area under me, its trajectory fairly obvious to me. Responding to this attempted surprise attack, I open my hand out in front of me and summon a small object in my hand. It had a pin attached on one end, which I pull and drop on the ground before rolling to the side.

The worm emerges from the area I was just standing on, eating the object I just dropped, before going through the ceiling. A second after, I hear a loud explosion, and the cavern shakes wildly again. I slowly leave the open area through the way I entered, and navigate through the narrow paths. Even more monsters began ambushing me at this point, but I slay them with the sword upon sight easily. Soon enough, I emerge out of the dark caves, where hundreds of people stood.

"Aria Brynhildr, congratulations, for completing [Krystalis Cave]! You have passed the finals with the maximum points possible, and have set a new record for exploring the cave in 17 minutes!"
-----
June 16th, year 2486. Also known as the graduation day of the seniors at Krystalis Academy. Just a couple of days ago, the final exams took place over the course of a week. The final day was an expedition test, where students are to complete the hardest dungeon they believe they can do.

Most of my classmates took the [B-Ranked] dungeon, which was expected for students studying at one of the top schools in the kingdom. A few of them even took the [A-Ranked] dungeon, which was the limit for them. I was the only one in my year level that tried the [S-Ranked], something that everyone in the school expected.

Unfortunately, you aren't able to obtain levels from these dungeons, because they were man-made. It wasn't part of the [System], so students won't obtain anything from completing the dungeon besides experience from exploring it. It would've been a good learning experience, though, if I haven't already experienced it myself before.

Currently, graduation certificates are being given out to the students along with their [Adventurer's Card]. Along with that, every student is getting an [Appraisal] check to record their stats into the books. I keep two marks unsealed, because that's the same amount of strength I've been using for everything combat related. That is, everything but fighting Thoth and Raina.

The place this graduation ceremony is taking place in was the arena. All of the sixth year students were lined up in the battlegrounds of the arena, as the principal stood atop a stone platform. It was quite exciting, today being the day I'll finally become an official adventurer, despite already exploring every dungeon within the [Kingdom of Atalin]. Thoth and I have discovered every [Hidden Boss] from the dungeons we've explored.

These past five years have been eventful. Whether it came to tournaments, outings with the others, or exploring dungeons, there's a story in each and every one of these events. I've also been taught many things I didn't expect to learn in the school.
My appearance has changed quite a lot as well. I looked a couple of years older than my actual age. My height is now around 160 centimeters, with my hair now growing down near to my knees, and I've grown in a place I really hoped I wouldn't inherit from my mother.

When I reached my second year of school, I started studying more seriously in [Advanced Magic Class]. A totally new concept of magic, that didn't exist at all in my previous life, called [Compound Magic]. Back then, magic was only used in single elements, combining them was an idea that no one ever thought of. People were aware of facts like melting rocks made magma, but the spells taught in class involved more advanced combinations.

Along with learning [Compound Magic], I was able to improve my [Spatial Magic] even further. My proficiency was maxed out with it, but I discovered that having max proficiency doesn't mean I'm capable of completely utilising the magic. It seems like I also needed to understand the physics and theories behind the magic, before being able to utilise it properly. Now I was able to store several more objects into my [Spatial Pocket], but that was pretty much the only improvement I was able to make.

It was an extremely useful upgrade to my magic, though. Now I'm able to have my own little armoury with me at all times. Over 30 different weapons, several different sets of armor and other small devices I've stashed in the [Spatial Pocket]. One example is the [Magic Grenade] I used earlier to slay the 'boss' of the [Krystalis Cave]. There were other small things similar to it in the [Spatial Pocket] such as [Flashbang] and [Lightning Grenade]. Obviously, they were all stolen, but I haven't been caught at all. There's no way for them to figure out that I knew such a spell, after all.

In regards to [Magic Guns], I've learnt how to use every weapon type related to it. At the end of my second year, I was able to use the [Basic Projectile Magic] for every [Magic Gun] and [Ethereal Gun]. From my third year onward, I was taught by my mother, a former [Gun Knight] who was a famous adventurer back then. I was able to learn more advanced [Gun Magic], and I'm now able to dual wield a [Magic Gun] with any other weapon as if it was natural.

"...and as the only person who's being given an [S-Ranked] status upon graduation, also known as the [Angel of Annihilation], Aria Brynhildr!" My name is called by the principal, as I leave the line of students I'm in.

Walking slowly up onto the stone stage, the crowd yells and cheers for me as I ascend the stairs. During the [Spring Tournament] last year, Thoth explained to me that these people never disliked or hated me, but in fact, they were all in awe of me and respected me. After having that explained to me, I realized that what she said was in fact true, and that I was misunderstanding them previously. Though I still don't know why the other students avoid me whenever I'm walking through the hallways in school.

"Aria Brynhildr, as the only student in [Krystalis Academy's] history who's ever gotten a perfect score in the final exam, you have earned an [S-Ranked] status upon graduation! With an unlimited amount of potential for the future, you are the pride and joy of our school. We wish you the very best, and that you will be successful during your time as an adventurer." I'm handed a certificate that was made of real gold, and a bronze card which is my official [Adventurer's Card].

Every teachers, students and parents watching begins applauding loudly. I wave at them as I walk back down the stairs, rejoining the line of students. The ceremony continues, the rest of the graduating students being called up to the stone stage. After being given their certificates and [Adventurer Card], the principal begins making a final speech. Unfortunately, it looked like something was going to interrupt it.

In the sky, a shadow was circling around above the arena before it dives straight down at us. Several people notice it, pointing at it and yelling in surprise, before they begin starting to evacuate the arena. They were too slow, though, and the figure smashes right on top of the arena, grabbing at the edges of the building. It spreads its giant, red, scaly wings before roaring loudly.

A creature that shouldn't exist in this world, a huge monster larger than the arena building itself. Something that inhabits the mythical [Dungeon World], [Epifiny]. The weakest of its kind, but still a [Legend Tier] beast.

"It's a [Red Dragon]!" A sudden cry from one of my classmates begins as the chaos inside the arena befells.

Non-combatants try to escape as soon as possible, but several brave warriors steps forward and faces the dragon. Every teacher, some parents from the crowds, even some of my fellow classmates go up to challenge the beast.

...

What about me?

Obviously I'm already outside the arena, walking away. I just graduated, I have no obligation to help the school now. It's their problem, not mine.
------
"Ah, welcome home Aria!" My father greets me in the hallway when I enter through the door.

"...mom home yet?" I ask as I take off my shoes at the entrance.

"Sorry, no..." He sadly replies.

The usual cheerful attitude of the house wasn't present at the moment. She was currently out on an emergency quest issued by the kingdom. It's the second week since she had left, and it was quiet without her. If she was here, there'd probably be some sort of celebration for this with balloons all over the house and a cake as well.

"I couldn't make it to your graduation as well, I'm sorry about that too. The kingdom requires me to finish this research assignment as soon as possible." He unlocks the door to the basement, where his study was located.

"Research about?" I ask him quickly, curious about the subject.

"[Summoning Magic]. Apparently, he wants to summon a person from another dimension. A new [Hero] of some sort, though I see no reason to do so." He explains to me.

"...confidential?" Normally information like this isn't supposed to be known to civilians.

"It is, but you're not someone who would spread it easily, so it's fine. I need to get back to work, so we'll talk later, okay?" He descends the stairs quickly, shutting the door behind him.

I sigh to myself and head upstairs to my room, feeling a bit saddened. Having my parents too busy to celebrate an important occasion with me is a lonely thing. I quickly change my thoughts to something else though, trying to distract myself from this fact. It wouldn't be any good to remain depressed. I think about what my plans should be for tomorrow, when my cell phone started ringing in my bag. I quickly search my bag for it, and answer it as I pull it out.

"Hey-hey Aria! You just graduated today, didn't you!?" Thoth's voice appears through the phone before I could even greet her.

"...yes." I reply quietly to her.

"Then tomorrow, let's go register ourselves into the [Adventurer's Guild]! I'll come to your house at 10:00, so we'll go together! See ya!" Cheerfully hanging up on me, the phone went silent.

Although rare, this is usually how most of our calls went. It was because I didn't talk much, so we usually did most of our interactions through text or in person. I don't know why she called me this time, but she did remind me of a very important thing I nearly forgot. This sets my plans for tomorrow, and I'm able to forget my loneliness for a bit.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

541K 18.8K 75
She had only wanted to have a working marriage and a happy family. Despite that, her husband leaves her for another woman after the loss of their unb...
104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...
2.3K 99 73
Xavier meets an untimely death and is confronted face-to-face with God. She gives him 2 options - reincarnate on Earth with no memories - a fresh sta...
24.4K 828 24
The greatest hero of his era, Lucifer, after saving his world from the evil Gods was gravely injured and died while enjoying his time with his compan...