You're A Vampire, Cliché Muc...

Af lildaydreamer

Emma's life has slowly become more complicated but is driven even further off the rails when her brother's my... Mere

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 Ending (Emma's P.O.V.)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 3

2.1K 39 1
Af lildaydreamer

The next morning I quickly dressed and crept out of the house not wanting to run into Dorian again. I made a decision last night to avoid him at all costs in the hope that whatever crazy was going on with me would dull with time and distance.

I was running extremely early since I wanted to get out of the house before anyone started walking around and asking me things I'd left unanswered last night. So instead of going to the Mini Golf place because I'd be there for an hour and a half before Jeremy would even think to get out of bed, I went to the only place with internet in this cramped little town, the library.

I settled down at one of the computers, resting my bag on the desk and opened up a search window. I tapped my fingers on the wooden surface beneath the computer while I tried to think what to type in, much to the Librarian's annoyance.

Then a bulb went off in my head and I typed 'strange animal attacks' into the search engine. I spent a long time trawling through everything I came across, but a lot of it was you tube videos and reports of wolfs and rabid dogs and even more surprisingly escaped zoo and circus animals.

I hadn't lied when I told Dorian that I'd checked with the Rangers and their tags, and it's true not one of the catalogued animals was near where Maddi had been found, and their absence was just as mystifying. 

All I could come up with were that either there was some kind of murderer out there who lures people into forests, which isn't likely because unless he was dangling something with a Prada label there was no way Maddi would be lured anywhere. My second theory seemed more likely, that she was moved, but why move a body and not go the whole hog and bury it?

I'm not allowed to see the police photographs and it seems stupid since I was the one who found her and what's even more stupid is how little I seem to be able to remember of what I saw. I know that she had blood on her, but was there blood around her? I don't remember having blood stains on my clothes or shoes... so I guess there wasn't any unless it was dried.

The Coronor's report was inconclusive on what time they believed Maddi to have died because although apart from her wound she'd been completely intact with no decay at all meaning she'd been there hours, but her temperature readings suggested she'd been frozen at some point. I'd spent hours agonising over our last conversation and it really didn't hold much gravity, so unless I'm missing something this attack was out of the blue, at least to us. 

I jumped when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and took it out seeing Jeremy flash the screen. I shut off the antiquated computer quickly and gathered my stuff, needing to be away from the things that were going through my mind and so went outside. I flipped my cell open.

"Hello?"

"Thank God. Where the hell are you?" He yelled.

"Good morning to you too. I'm at the Library, why?"

"It's ten thirty, we were supposed to meet at the putting place at nine."

"It's ten thirty?" I asked in shock, quickly checking my watch.

"Yes. What have you been doing?"

"Homework."

"Homework? No way, I'm not buying. What have you really been doing?" I rolled my eyes, usually I would feel guilty if I lied to Jeremy, but I know in this case at least he'd rather not know the truth.

"I told you homework, research for a paper I have due."

"For which class?" He asked dubious.

"None of your business."

"Classic line for someone who's lying" a triumphant note in his voice.

"Whatever."

"Don't whatever me! When it hit ten I practically ran to your house and were you there? No you weren't and you're never late I was worried sick."

"I'm sorry I lost track of time." I told him truthfully. And in typical Jeremy fashion he went off on a tangent.

"But I get what you mean now about those vibes you get from Alec's boyfriend."

"Don't call him that. I feel bad I think we embarrassed him when I said that."

"He's a big boy he can take it, anyway weird vibes" he confirmed.

"Mmm I know."

"What? Has something happened?"

"No, just trying to put my finger on it."  I will never tell Jeremy what's going on - if there is anything going on, God I'm such an idiot.

"Well do that in your own time, you're supposed to be grovelling right now."

"Ok,alright" I laughed "I'll meet you there, is Zoe with you?"

"No I took her home when I went to look for you."

"Well go get her and bring her with you."

"I was going to. She's just as demanding as you are, 'Jeremy if you don't come back for me when you find Emma I'm going tell Mom'" he said in a terrible girl voice.

"Good I'm proud, now hurry up."

"Sir yes Sir". 

I hung up and started a slow walk to the putting place since Jeremy will have to go back for Zoe.

"Finally I've been waiting how long? I'm getting old here Jeremy and it's making me sad." I pouted.

"Yeah, well, I think you'll find it was you keeping me waiting."

"EMMA!" I looked down when something soft hit my legs and was met by a large smile on a little face. Truly Zoe was Jeremy in miniature, with big blue eyes and soft blonde curls to her shoulders. I was glad to see she was equipped for the cold with her pink puffer jacket, hat and mittens.

"Zoe! How are you sweetie?"

"I'm good, gotcha something cool." She told me, hiding something behind her back.

"Really?"

"Yep, look." Suddenly she was brandishing a picture in her little mitten covered hands; drawn with crayon it was all scribbles and I loved it.

"Tell me about it" I asked bending down to her, completely amazed and wanting to know what the picture was of.

"Later. Golf now." she smiled cheekily.

"Yeah. Then ice cream!" Jeremy yelled.

"Ok, come on children." I chuckled. 

With Zoe on my back and Jeremy walking behind us absorbed in his third ice cream cone I opened the front door to my house and walked to the kitchen. The kitchen is kind of the general meeting place - the hub if you will of the Mars family.

"Emmy who's that?" Zoe asked, her finger jutting past the right side of my face and landing on Dorian.

"Oh,that's Fish.  Never mind him though, he's old."  Already I felt that damn tugging at my every fibre - what the hell is wrong with me?  

"Oh yeah,you're right he does look kinda old. Emmy?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah?"

"Why did his Moma call him Fish?"  I laughed at that and before I could answer Dorian did.

"She didn't, it's only Emma that calls me Fish. My real name is Dorian, it's nice to meet you." There was silence as my protégé took in the stranger like I taught her to.

"What do you make of him?" I asked her while I stared at Dorian myself.

"...  I can't explain it right." 

A first! I took her off of my back and set her down on the counter so I could look into her eyes.

"Try, I'm intrigued" I admitted while she looked at me worried.

"He's not a Fish Emmy." I glanced at Dorian who was looking at the small child of six like he was a little curious too.

"What is he?" She shook her head as if to say you don't want to know.

"Bad wolf, and you're the Red girl - he wants you Emmy, he wants your Red."

I furrowed my eyebrows turning over the deep words she'd given me. Slightly creeped out I turned to Dorian who was in awe, I didn't know what to believe. What does she mean wants my red? If we're going by the book literally the only red I can think of is the cloak, so Dorian wants my jacket and to eat my Grandma which is odd because she's been dead for ten years.

"Stay away from my Emmy, Fishy or I'll call the wood chopper man." Zoe threatened Dorian who looked caught between a laugh and pure endearment.

"Wait you know a wood chopper man?" I asked intrigued again.

"No. I'll give Jeremy my Halloween axe." She shrugged.

"Hmm, economical thinking there Zoey Boey. Now, about this picture?" I said holding it up.

"Come on Emmy it's right in front of you, you're losing it" I gave a truly saddened face, I'm losing it! "It's ok I'll teach you, like you taught me the other stuff."

"Good, now quick I don't want to lose anymore" she nodded seriously and pointed to the picture.

"So all it really is, is my kingdom."

"You have a kingdom? Why did I not know this?"

"I only got it yesterday."

"Oh that's cool then. So is that a dragon?"

"Yes Emmy! See you're going to be fine, now what's this?" She asked in a solemn voice, pointing to orangey-brown blob.

"Uh... bacon?"

"Almost, pancakes with syrup of course and that?"

"Gold fish King?"

"Yes! I even made him a crown at home." She smiled wriggling in happiness.

"That's so cool."

"I know."

"Not to break up this amazing conversation, but Mom wants us home for dinner Zoe". 

Zoe looked at her brother who apparently had not been paying attention to what was said at all. The little girl looked up at me with a trembling lip and a face of devastation.

"Don't let him take me Emmy." She pleaded, clutching to my sides. I hugged her tight to me and lifted her off of the counter while rubbing my hand in small circles on her back.

"I have to he's your brother, but I promise I'll see you soon."

 "That's what you always say and I haven't seen you for a really long time." She accused.

"I know and I'm sorry, but I've been doing a lot of... work lately, but I will see you more. Your the best and I just can't stay away. Don't tell Jeremy, but I'm only friends with him because of you." I whispered.

"Really?"  She whispered back.

"Really. You're my protégé remember?" She nodded and pulled back to give me a smile, eyes huge and round, cheeks red and stained with tears. I smiled back before kissing her forehead and handing her to Jeremy.

Jeremy sighed. "I hate this part it, makes me feel like we've gotten a divorce and this is some screwed up custody thing." I smiled sadly and nodded.

"I know."

"Are you two married?" Zoe asked staring.

"No we're not married" I told her smiling at the idea - it would be beyond hilarious if we got married which is why I vowed never to go to Vegas with Jeremy.

"Well you never know we have history, chemistry too" he replied wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Yeah also English Lit and Spanish"  I added laughing.

"Si voy a casa ahora tengo hambre adios mi amiga". (Yes I'm going home now I'm hungry goodbye my friend)

"Si hay que ir adiós Jeremy, y yos os visitare pronto". (Yes you should go goodye, and I will visit you soon)

"Bueno, adiós".

I walked them to the door and went back to raid the fridge for water, all the while tutting at how it was hiden behind the lettece probably by Alec because no one ever touches the lettece.

Finding what I wanted I shut the door and turned around only to be facing Dorian. My heart rate went through the roof as I stared into his eyes, I suddenly had the urge to just reach out and touch him, so I shut off again.

"Please stop doing that." He whispered to me, stroking my cheek like last night.

"Stop doing what?" I asked in a monotone.

"Shuting off from me."

"You heard Zoe she'll call the wood chopper man." I blurted suddenly, stupidly.

"You mean Jeremy? I can take him, besides I'd never hurt you."

"Because I'm Alec's sister" I reasoned. Alec can be pretty scary sometimes.

"No because – " 

He was cut off by the front door opening and then closing and we backed away from each other thank God. A couple seconds later my Mom walked into the kitchen dumping her medical bag on the floor by the counter.

"Hey honey have you seen your Dad?"

"Not since last night."

"You should go apologise" she said eyeing me.

"For what?"

"For being rude -" she stopped when she noticed Dorian standing in the corner of the room - "Just like I'm being now. Hello you must be Dorian, Alec's friend. I'm Mrs Mars but you can call me Amy" she smiled with a weird look on her face, dazed?

"Thank you, but Mrs Mars makes me feel more comfortable. Thank you for letting me stay in your home, which is lovely by the way."

"Aw, isn't he adorable Emma?" At this I wanted to kick myself and I saw Dorian looking at me too.

"Uh, sure?" My tone made it sound like a question.

"Young lady whatever has gotten into you needs to disappear and fast. That attitude is really starting to come out now, for years you were the good, responsible child, what happened?"

I started to shake with anger again, what happened? Well um lets see, I stumbled across my best friend's mangled body in the woods with a guy who had decided to make it his mission to date me when I clearly told him no at least a dozen times and who now thinks talking and bonding over said body will bring us closer, again NO so as per usual I repressed it and made a run for it.

"I'm going to my room."

"No you're not. Answer me."

"How about for once you listen to me, I. AM. GOING. TO. MY. ROOM."

"Grounded!" She yelled triumphant.

"Yawn, I don't go anywhere remember?" Her smile faulted for a nanosecond.

"You went out today according to Jeremy's frantic message on my cell."

"I was grovelling" I said, like she was an idiot. Since when do I leave the house other than for school and work? Never, that's when. A fact they frequently bring to my attention.

"Grovelling?" She questioned now more interested in that than the grounding.

"I'd upset him when I shut him out yesterday, so I made it up to him with ice cream and mini golf." I shrugged.

"Fine,no computer for a week." Great, now how will I do my research? Especially when I can't go to the library now I'm grounded... I'll have to use my lunch breaks.

"Fine" I shrugged again, glad that she didn't have the power of me.

"Why can't you just be normal like you used to be?" She asked almost wistful.

"I've never been normal, you're just only starting to pay attention to me now. Good night." I said, turning on my heel, but not quickly enough that I didn't notice the hurt in her eyes.

"Emma that's not fair. What about dinner?'

"Not hungry." I called back, going to my room. Where's my best friend when I need him?

Dorian's P.O.V.

If Emma's parents continue to talk to her that way I will have to take action and the only reason I haven't is because I know that she loves them dearly and wants to please them. They don't understand what she's gone through, what she's going through.

I know that she was researching again today, which concerns mebecause I know as well as she does that what happened to her friend was not an animal attack, well at least an animal she knows of.

Last night I took the liberty of searching through the Police and Morgue reports held at the local station. To be honest in my time I have seen worse deaths, much more gruesome, but my beautiful and innocent mate has not and I'd prefer that it was kept that way.

What she doesn't know is that her friend Maddi was like me, a vampire, and obviously she'd pissed someone off she shouldn't. We don't really live in communities or groups because it causes too much attention and the last thing you want is a vampiric territory fight. 

So whoever did this really wanted Maddi out of the picture, why? I have no idea and do I care? No I don't. It's none of my business and now I've found my mate my usual curiosity has been silenced by protective instincts telling me it's better to ignore it, to not involve myself in that crap - dangerous crap at that.

The body was left as a clear warning. I know this because normally we're pretty careful and the 'bite' wasn't what killed her, it was the undetected paste like something that was in her system as well as on her skin, but looking like and having the same composition as mud it threw off the humans.

There's only two things that finish off Vampires, one the obvious wooden stake to the heart, but not just any wood it needs to be blessed. If you know what's good for you don't start swiping any old twig at a vampire or you'll just piss him off. Second, the less obvious and far more effective is a paste made from holy water and earth from sacred grounds, churches to be precise, which was what was used in this case. The biting was just so the cops had something to write on their charts.

My problem is that if Emma keeps sniffing around like she is she's going to attract some unwanted attention. I need to keep her away from her work and although I could have back handed her mother she actually did me a favour by taking away her source of knowledge, so I just have to find a way to occupy her.

I know how I want to occupy Emma which is obviously to be together,but she keeps shutting off when I know she feels something. What really ticks me off is that when she shuts Jeremy out he has her 'grovelling' when I can't even touch her without her running away from me. I can't be mad at her though,she's just so perfect. It's Jeremy's fault.

His little sister is very interesting, she knew just like I sensed Emma did that there was something different about me and they both threatened me with weapons albeit, they wouldn't have any effect on me but the intent was there - they weren't afraid of me. 

Emma did call Zoe her protégé and Emma was amazing with her. She didn't know it, but I could hear every word she whispered to the little girl. God I want to be with my mate right now, hold her in my arms, I haven't even been able to do that yet and it's killing me.

I excused myself from the kitchen which is where these people seem to spend most of their time and made my way to my love's room and knocked on the door. No answer. I knocked again a little brusquer and the door opened with a red faced Emma glaring up at me, so adorable yet sexy at the same time.

"What?" She snapped, then seeing it wasn't one her parents she blushed before looking down at the floor. "Sorry, what is it?" She mumbled, unshed tears plain in her voice.

Not wanting to have this conversation in the middle of the hall way, I pushed her gently back into her room making sure to always have a hand on her and turned her around as fast as I dared against the inside of her door. 

"What are you doing?" She asked shocked. 

I could her heart beat increase and smiled because I could also see the look her eyes which let me know that she felt something for me too, she just doesn't realise how much yet, but that's alright, she will.

"I didn't get to finish my sentence earlier. I'd never hurt you because I'm in love with you" I told her with all the warmth I'd been holding out on for two hundred years, unable to help myself from nuzzling against her nose with mine and watching her eyes close in her natural want for me.

"Dorian – " she tried; I knew she was going to push me away and was close to shutting off again so I did the only thing I could think of, held her face in my hands and kissed her like I've wanted to since the second I laid my eyes on her.   

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

1.1M 16.2K 24
Isabella has waited her whole life - waiting patiently for her mate, someone who will love her unconditionally, eternally and someone who she can spe...
31.4K 694 33
I have died everyday, waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more. *** Adam f...
26.7K 2.1K 12
(They were in Warrior's Affection before this characters got a stand alone Book) He was a man full of life and she was part of that life until his be...
129K 2.1K 29
(**Violence in some parts**) Abused physically and mentally. Diana takes it all for her sister Emma, the only blood related person she has left. She...