Searching...A Legolas LoveSto...

By GinaG_13

Aolavina is not just any Lady of Middle Earth. She is a Lady of Battle. She has always travelled with her fat... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 - part 1
Chapter 39 - part 2
Chapter 40
Information on the Sequel

Chapter 22

9.4K 263 46
By GinaG_13

Chapter 22

    The rest of the journey to Helms deep was very quiet and darker for me. I hung my head down and stayed hidden in my hood. We were riding at a medium speed, no one was talking but there were the sounds of the cries from the wounded soldiers who were being taken with us.

    It was not long until the walls of Helms deep were in our sight and Theoden told us to increase our speed. I rattled Hasufel’s reins and he sped up, but I wasn’t as fast as everyone else as I wanted to stay close to the back of the herd. Some of the men kept looking over at me, like one of the men I spoke to in the morning, but I did not look at them back. I kept my head straight and low so I could just see the horse in front of me and no one else. The gates began to open and it could be heard from where we were, which about fifteen foot was from helms deep’s entrance. Theoden led the way through the open gates and up the long steps up to the centre of Helms Deep. I guided Hasufel through the narrow passages and eventually we all gathered around as the King got off his horse.

   I saw Eowyn but she went straight to her uncle. I dismounted Hasufel and untightened his saddle so it was a little more comfortable. I heard Gimli talking to Eowyn and I knew he was telling her about Aragorn. I took Hasufel’s harness and guided him up a bit but I looked back at Eowyn. I don’t know why I did, but I looked out an inch from my hood so I could see her and so she could see me. She had tears building up in her eyes and I could only look at her for a second before turning away and looking ahead of me but down at the ground.

    I took another step and stopped as I met a pair of feet. I looked up slightly to see the bottom of Legolas’s hair but I looked back down and away from him. I slowly guided Hasufel around Legolas and I felt him reach for me but I carefully lifted my arm away from him and held the harness with two hands. It might have been a little harsh but I just wanted to be alone.

    I soon found the stables where some horses were being kept and I went to a large pen where I found a grooming kit. I smiled and took off his harness and untied his saddle, placing it on the side. I took the hose off the floor and turned on the water supply which I then soaked Hasufel’s back and face. He neighed calmingly and I rubbed in some soap into his fur, massaging his muscles and making him feel relaxed. He truly was a beautiful horse and very loyal. I got the brush and began to comb his hair between his ears and my eyes met with his. I could see there was sorrow in his eye and an essence of loss, but he blinked back his emotion and I smiled caringly at him. 

    When I was done grooming him, I put down all the grooming things and sat on a heap of hay. Hasufel came and kneeled down beside me, nudging my hand to give him some fuss. I gave in and stroked his long nose, and I did that for a few hours. I just sat there, on the hay, stroking Hasufel until I felt myself fall asleep.

    When I woke up next it was to the sound of a man clearing his throat. I opened my eyes quickly and looked around, a little panicky as I couldn’t remember where I had fallen asleep. I rubbed my eyes quickly and saw the young man from breakfast standing at the entrance of my pen. I got up slowly and stroked Hasufel as he did the same, and cleaned myself of hay and dirt from of the hay.

   “The king has requested for you, my Lady,” He said politely. I nodded my head to him in understanding and he looked at Hasufel with a smile. Hasufel trotted over to him and the man rubbed his nose. “My name is neetel by the way,” He added. I repeated the name in my head so I would remember it, and then I took Hasufel’s harness and saddle, and placed his harness on his head and his saddle on his back. When I was ready, Neetel opened the gate for me and I led Hasufel out into the streets of Helms Deep. The sun was way past midday and I could see there were only few hours of sunlight left in the day. I must have been to sleep for easily a few hours.

   We walked in silence and past everyone up to the highest level where people were heading. I led him through everyone and we geared off to the side where we stopped outside the main doors. I patted Hasufel and whispered to him ‘Namaarie ten’ sii’ ‘which meant farewell for now and then handed Neetel his reins for him to take him through another door that would lead into the caves or near.

    I waited for him to go out of sight before I sighed and headed for the main hall. It still was quiet considering we were going to battle within a few hours. Many soldiers were spotted in front of the hall and some running around helping the women and children in the caves. I walked up the stairs and opened one of the huge doors to go in and one of the soldiers looked at me funny. I just smiled at them and then put my head down.

    I strolled through the hall which was quite full of soldiers and bags that were to be taken down to the caves. I thought it sounded a little quiet so I peered to the side and saw that some of the men, men of which I was fighting with earlier, were looking at me, a little anxious and some with smiles on their faces. I looked puzzled at them and they looked to the front of the hall. I had now noticed that there was absolutely no noise at all in the hall. I smelt the air and sensed everyone in the room and almost straight away I felt the presence of that one person who I thought was dead. I didn’t move direction, I starred at the wall but my words were directed at him.

    “Naa ta lle amin senin’,” I whispered in elvish so that the one standing at the front of the hall would hear me and if they replied in elvish I knew it was them. I waited for a second and then that person spoke. {Is it you I sense?}

    “Lle ier forya, amin naa’ sinome,” I heard the voice reply. I choked on the air in my body and just the sound of his voice made my heart light up. I slowly turned my head to the front of the hall and to see a wounded Aragorn leaning on his right foot. He smiled and I just couldn’t resist staying away from him. Within a second I had turned my body and was running towards Aragorn. He opened his arms up just in time for me hug him and implant myself around his neck. It was really Aragorn. He winced a little in pain and I softened the hug. {You are right, I am here}

   “Lle dela amin. Amin nigue amin wanwa lle,” I whimpered to him in his shoulder. He hugged me back tighter and stroked the back of my hair soothingly. He pulled away with a kind and gentle smile on his face. {You scared me. I thought I lost you}

   “I am still here. They can’t get rid of me that easily,” he joked, I laughed and I heard Legolas laugh a little too. I hadn’t noticed him in here. I did feel a little bit bad now, because of me ignoring him earlier because in the end Aragorn was alive. I looked at Legolas and gave me a sympathetic smile. I let my arms fall out of Aragorn’s grip and looked at his upper arm which had a graze on it which he only shrugged away and smiled as if it didn’t even hurt him.

    I looked around the room to see that the men had been watching us all this time and I hadn’t even realised. Almost all of them were smiling pleasingly and I heard Theoden clear his throat a little and the men clicked out of watching us and got back to preparing for the battle. I turned around and took a few steps towards King Theoden who had a light-hearted smile on his face. He looked at his men and they hovered away from us.

    “Vina I think i already know the answer to the question I’m about to ask you but it is worth a go. Are you going into the caves with the rest of the women?” He asked me. Yeah, he already knew the answer to this. He would surely know me too well. I shook my head and as I did it I felt Aragorn hover behind me to listen to our conversation and felt Legolas’s reach for my hand.

    “You know me all too well King Theoden. No, I will not be going into the caves. I will fight alongside you and your men even if it be last battle to fight. I have made my choice…” I began to say as I looked at Aragorn and Legolas. “And that is final,” I finished. Legolas sighed a little as I knew he wanted me to sit out of this and Aragorn just nodded his head knowing that being stubborn like I am, nothing will change my mind. I held Legolas’s hand in mine and he pulled me into a side hug. I looked up to him and he smiled down lovingly.

    After a while, I, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and Theoden went to check on the front gates to see that they had boarded them up so that they would hold. Helms Deep had a very long and tall wall that secured the kingdom, and there was a stone ramp which I thought would be the most predictable place the orcs will try to break through.

   It was a little bit of a shame because Theoden thought his people would be safe but like myself and the other members of the fellowship knew that the orcs had evolved into more powerful and stronger creatures. I had not fought such a battle as this one in a long time, and never against these orcs. I was a little nervous as Theoden had called for men and boys older enough to fight. So that meant children.

    Whilst Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas went down to the armoury, I began to investigate and walk the area I was protecting. Along my way I saw a lot of scared faces of boys and even some of them men. I heard mutters of lost hope and false encouragement. I felt a little bad, what was the use of men who didn’t even think we had a chance. I walked behind a crowd of soldiers and slowed down so I could listen to what they were saying.

    “What hope do we have against an army of ten thousand? It is hopeless for us to even try,” one of the men said who was stood nearly in the middle. There were children around them, stood with huge helmets on their heads and long swords in their hands. They looked terrified and I couldn’t blame them. How could he say that in front of these children?

    “Don’t give up before the battle has even started,” I said aloud so that the man could hear me. Everyone in the group turned to look at me and the men looked at me funnily. “Why do you doubt the skills and will of men when the army have not even arrived?” I asked the man. He took a step forward through the crowd so that he was in front of me. His face was firm and I guess he didn’t like being told by a women.

     “Because our skills and strength are not of amount needed to win this battle.  What would women such as yourself know about battle?” he retorted. I laughed at his last comment and shook my head a little.

    “Your skills might add up to match a hundred orcs or maybe just one, but you should stand and fight for your land and people. This I have learnt from personal experience from fighting in my own battles. Truth is told, I have never fought such large numbers with fewer men but I would stand and fight as one of your people,” I stated proudly. The men behind us began to talk with each other and then man in front of me didn’t move, he looked a little bit embarrassed from what I had said.

   “And who might you be, my Lady?” A young, tall boy asked, walking around the crowd and standing next to the man I was talking too. He seemed very interested in my story and in me too. He wasn’t as tall as me but for his age he could pass off for being older.

   “Dear boy, my name is Aolavina, son of Aodeth. Long-time friend of your king, Theoden,” I told the boy. He repeated my name to remind himself of it and then slowly, and only slightly, bowed to me. I put my hand on his shoulder and chuckled.

    I went to speak to the young boy but a horn was blown and caught my attention. It was not of orcs or of any man’s I have heard but of one I recognised. The men ran over to the wall to have a look at who it was but I already knew who it was. The one called for them to open the gates and I looked at the boy.

    “You’ll have to excuse me Sir,” I said to the boy politely. He looked like I had given him a big cauldron of gold or something, his smile was vibrant. I ran down the stone stairs and I could hear people follow behind me. I ran around the crowds that had gathered and pushed my way through the soldiers until I could see Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli standing by Haldir, who had his armour on and was stood in front of an army of elves. Haldir looked up and saw me, in which Legolas, Aragorn and Theoden looked up too. I smiled gratefully at Haldir and then rushed down the rest of the stairs. Haldir stepped forward and I ran up to him and hugged him happily. He wrapped his arms around me and we rocked from side to side.

   “It’s good to see you,” I said to him, pulling away from him and taking a step back so I was stood next to Aragorn. He smiled and straightened up his armour again. We all chuckled and I looked into the crowd of elves and saw Roberteth. He looked down a little, a bit shy I guess he was, and then when he looked back up I smiled in which he replied with a return grin. It was good to know that we would not be alone in this battle, and also with the elves, it heightened our numbers. Hope for men just kept increasing…

{AN: Thank you soo much you guys :) I couldn't ask for better people to read my stories. You guys are lovely and I must say I am sorry for not uploading as much as I should.

I'M ON A MISSIOM! Guys I think I broadcasted it on my comment thingy but just to let you know I made a challenge that I wanted to get 10000 reads on this story and I think, possibly on my other one by the end of the year. On this one, I am a few hundred away from the target but hopefully by this chapter and my next, i'll reach it.

Again, thank you all....Love you guys lots and lots ! xxx         }

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 245 18
Yara walks a dark path, a path she thinks she must walk alone. Until she finds love. But even love cannot prevail the darkest times of a people.
27.8K 1.2K 20
Once Gandalf offers him a seat among the Council of Imladris, Gilan joins the fellowship on its way to destroy the One Ring. He is, however, met with...
52.5K 1.9K 37
THIRD BOOK IN THE RANGER OF THE SOUTH TRILOGY Keira gets a message from Gandalf that the One Ring is found, she immediately leaves to try and protect...
3.3K 26 21
The eldest daughter of Lord Elrond joins on the quest to destroy the one ring. What will happen along the way? **This story will not follow the actua...