Big Bad Wolf

By HahuYeah

Kim Jongin feeds on anyone beautiful. Do Kyungsoo is beyond perfect. Text copyright ยฉ 2016 by HahuYeah... More

Big Bad Wolf
Prologue
Wolf 1
Wolf 2
Wolf 4
Wolf 5
Wolf 6
Wolf 7
Wolf 8
Wolf 9
Wolf 10
Wolf 11
Wolf 12
Wolf 13
Wolf 14
Wolf 15
Wolf 16
Wolf 17
Wolf 18
Wolf 19
Wolf 20
Wolf 21
Wolf 22
Wolf 23
Wolf 24
Wolf 25
Wolf 26
Wolf 27
Wolf 28
Wolf 29
Wolf 30
Epilogue

Wolf 3

13.2K 840 527
By HahuYeah

- DO KYUNGSOO -

We didn't have classes the day after Yoon Hanjeon's death-- And for another whole week starting today. The whole school is under investigation.

I saw Victoria Song yesterday when i went to the market to buy groceries and she said the police officials had a really hard time distinguishing the body because his remains were just so... messed up. And really brutally killed. They only knew it was him because of the almost unrecognizable eagle tattoo on his chest.

"It was really gruesome, you know?" Victoria had said as we made our way to my bike. "The writers of the school paper were fighting over who will do the news."

I frowned in confusion. "There's still no lead?" i asked her then.

Victoria sighed when she heard my question. "Hanjeon's death was somewhat... different." she had answered. "No human could do that, Kyungsoo. It could even be black magic... or worse, something more physical..." The fear was very much evident in her eyes. 

I didn't ask any more questions after that. I just bid my goodbye and pedaled my way to the mountains. When i reached the foot, i climbed off my bike and walked the remaining meters to our home deeper in the forest.

Today, Mother is knitting the remaining inches of a blood red riding hood she's making for me while I am currently arranging the fruits in a basket i will deliver to Grandmother later.

"Mother," i called and she tilted her head to one side. "I still have my jacket. You don't have to make me a riding hood."

Mother raised one of her hands, talking to me in sign language.

"It's almost finished."

I smiled. "You can use it." i said. "That riding hood would really suit you."

My mother smiled back but she shook her head and continued finishing the hood. When I'm done packing the fruits, i made my way towards her and i sat on the carpet beside her chair. I grabbed one of my old books, the one with vampires and werewolves in it, and flipped through the pages but not really reading.

"Someone died again." i muttered and i felt Mother pause from her work. "I'm sure you didn't hear about Hanjeon. He was the son of the head of all departments at school."

Mother continued knitting.

"It was so cruel. The way he died, i mean." i said. "It was like he was tortured. Then killed. They said it could be black magic. Like witches and wizards doing their job. Or... wolves."

I glanced at Mother and she basically stopped what she's doing. She's looking far through the window now, her eyes distant and cold. Her jaw tensed as she reached for the pendant of her necklace. It's a tooth from a wolf and it hangs from a black leather thread wrapped around her neck at all times. With the tooth is another silver pendant, a triangle with an eye at the middle.

She said it's used to fight off evil creatures. She said she needs it because she's always alone in the house. But i wonder why she never gave me one. She said it isn't necessary.

"Mother," i started and she blinked before looking down at me. "If you're afraid, we could leave the mountains. We could live in the village together with other people."

Mother looked away, shaking her head.

"We could even take Grandmother with us." i suggested. "She doesn't have to live alone in that small cottage any more."

Taking the riding hood in her arm, Mother gestured for me to stand up. I sighed and obeyed, letting her drape the riding hood over my shoulder. She tied a bow just over my collar bone and she pulled the hood up to hide my face. It was really cozy and really beautiful.

I looked at Mother, her eyes still sad.

She's beautiful. She's kind and brave. But she's hiding a lot of secrets. She's hiding who she really is to other people. I didn't even got the chance to meet her parents. My Mother is mysterious and even I, her son, couldn't see through her.

Then she touched my face so gently. With her free hand, she answered my thoughts.

"People won't understand. They would judge. They would not accept us."

I looked down. It's true.

Maybe right now, isolation is the only option for us. 

Grandmother is a witch.

But not the kind of witch you see in movies, with their giant cauldron with bubbling green liquid. She can't transform herself from human to crow. She doesn't make poisonous apples and feed it to pretty ladies. And finally, she doesn't trap long haired girls in towers.

Grandmother is a kind looking woman with a big heart and a warm smile. She's a witch because she has this certain book with spells written on them and she makes herbal medicines out of them. Every time she burns something, she would chant words i would never understand.

And today, i will come to visit her.

I clutched the basket in my hands as i made my way deeper in the forest. One reason why Grandmother doesn't live with us is that, she has so many things and possessions in her cottage. She said she can't just leave everything behind. And so, she insisted on living alone.

I pulled the hood lower as i felt the wind getting stronger. It's really that kind of day when you think it's going to rain. I looked down the path, watching as beetles and other kinds of crawling insects pass on my boots.

Then there's that noise again.

Like twigs breaking under a shoe.

I walked faster and tried to ignore the feeling of being followed. I held into the hem of my red riding hood as i pulled it closer around my body. I looked down at the basket i am carrying and debated on the thought of just leaving it so that i could just run away faster.

"Where to?"

A voice said beside me and i looked just to be welcomed by a familiar guy i never thought of seeing today. Not even in this kind of place. Not even now at this very moment.

I stopped on my tracks.

Kim Jongin is sitting on an overgrown root with his white shirt stained with dirt and his pants ragged. His feet are bare and i wonder why. I looked down at him with shock but his lips are curled in a kind of smile i don't understand. He's holding an apple on one hand and he threw it to the air, catching it again.

"W-what... are you doing here?" i asked when i finally recovered from surprise.

Jongin grinned. "Hunting?"

I gulped. "H-hunting?"

He stood up and bit on his apple. I looked down at his feet. He's not wearing any shoes and his shirt seems really thin but he doesn't seem cold. When he approached me, i stepped back. So he stopped and his smile vanished, replaced by a cold look. I don't know if he's hurt or what.

"I won't hurt you." he said firmly. "I told you, i just hunted."

I slowly shook my head. "H-hunted for what?" i asked.

Why am i even asking this?

"For food." he said and his smile returned. Then i looked at the apple he's holding and realized that maybe he came to find fresh fruits in the forest.

What else would he eat, right?

"I'm sorry." i muttered and found myself finally relaxing. This guy is a schoolmate and i don't think he would want to hurt me. Kim Jongin might be really weird but i don't think he's a killer.

Or... is he?

I tried to brush off that last thought.

Jongin nodded and he started eating the apple. "So... where to?" he asked again.

I tried to give a small smile. "To Grandmother." i said. "I'll bring her some fruits."

Jongin glanced at the basket i am holding and he smiled. He smiled and it's really kind i find my own grin getting bigger. He finally finished the fruit then threw it somewhere in the forest. He ruffled his own hair and he walked closer to me.

"I'll send you there." he said.

I raised both my brows in surprised. "What? Why would you do that?"

Jongin's brows creased in thinking. "The forest is not safe in this kind of day." he said. "Someone might come and get you." he added and then he smirked as if there's an inside joke with his statement.

I looked at him suspiciously. "And who would that be?" i challenged.

Jongin is still smirking at me. "Who knows?"

I rolled my eyes and started walking. I sensed him following so i glanced beside me to him. He's looking at me with an amused expression.

"We're not even close." i muttered. "We don't know each other."

Jongin laughed.

"Do Kyungsoo." and he said my name with a certain gentleness in his voice. "I know you know my name, too." he raised an eyebrow at me.

I looked away and frowned at the forest. "I don't know your name." i lied.

Jongin grinned. "Of course you do." he said.

I shook my head and when i looked at him again his face is so sure. There's not even an ounce of doubt in the way he said that i know his name. But we never talked before! This is the first time i would get to talk to him or even hear his voice talking to me.

This is just so weird.

"Why are you doing this?" i finally asked.

Jongin bit his lip, looking down. And then he glanced at my face. He looked into my eyes in a way no one ever did before. It's like he's trying to reach my soul and read every single secrets i am keeping. He's looking at me like he's trying to know me and see through my thoughts.

He's looking at me like someone--

"Do you like flowers?" he suddenly asked.

I swallowed because my throat suddenly feels dry. "'Course i do." i managed to say.

Jongin grinned. "Let's go get your Grandmother flowers." he said and before i could complain, he's grabbing my free hand, holding it firmly in his warm hands.

His hand feel so warm against my skin it's almost impossible.

And the next thing i knew, he's leading me off the path.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 14.6K 41
Do kyungsoo gets bullied for being gay, since his mother convinced him to tell his best friend about it, who in return told every one he knew. He is...
21.3K 1.2K 3
Say you'll remember me. Text copyright ยฉ 2016 by HahuYeah [Language: ENGLISH]
7.2K 337 43
You're an ordinary girl. Kpop has been a huge part of your life, and your love for it has only grown over the years. Your obsession for the legendary...
441 21 1
Sometimes you need to let your loved ones go, in order to keep them safe. Kyungsoo is not aware of how tough the task truly is. Paring: Kaisoo (Kim...