New Game Plus

By AzeDefender

In the world of Sykerion, year 451, the demon lord was defeated. Thoth, the hero, died at the end of the batt... More

Prologue: The Story of Thoth
The Blessing
The Status Plate
The First Day
The Joke From Fate
The Unique Group
The Lessons
Side Story 1: The Final Battle
The Day Out
The Talk
The Request
Reflection
The Horde Of Fire
The Cloak of Immolation
The Stort-Term Goal
Kazaric Ravine
The Frozen Viper
Side Story 2: The Partner's Side
The New Curse
The Unusual School Day
The Gun Training
The New Friend
The Soul Contract
The Day Before The Tournament
The First Day of The Tournament
The King Of The Hill
The Aftermath of The Event
The Free For All
The Duals
Side Story 3: Team Deathmatch
Side Story 4: The Spectators Side
The Events Not Taken Seriously
The Tournament Finale
Epilogue: The Story of Aria
V2 Prologue: The Future
V2 Chapter 1: The Graduation
V2 Chapter 2: The Adventurer's Guild
V2 chapter 3: The Quest
V2 Chapter 4: The Town Of Belsburg
V2 Chapter 5: The Strange Day In Belsburg
V2 Side Story 1: The Summoned Hero
V2 Chapter 6: The Spar

The New World

4.5K 139 31
By AzeDefender

It's been six years since my birth, and my parents are worried for me. The reason? Same as why my parents in my previous life were worried. I was deemed retarded at birth, and was completely mute for the first six years of my life. Let's go back to the day when I was born, and allow me to explain what happened.
_____
So after being pulled out of my mother's womb, I immediately used magic by habit to determine what exactly was happening to me. A wind spell I often used for scouting, [Clairvoyant Eyes], allowed me to see the area around me in a perspective other than my own. In this case, I used it to look at myself, and immediately saw that my body was in the form of a newborn. It appears that I've been reincarnated. Along with that, I was missing something that males would normally have, which means that I was currently in a female body. Most men would panic at this, but it didn't matter much to me anyway. In my previous life, I was a virgin for the entire 27 years of my life, mostly because I didn't care much for sexual pleasure, nor was I curious about it at all.

Anyway, now that I'm able to grasp my form, I stop channeling the magic and my vision returns to my main body. I was brought to my mother's bedside, underneath some sort of device that shined light onto me, and gave me warmth at the same time. The strange thing coming out of my stomach was clamped with some object I didn't know, and the man that put me down brought out a towel and began wiping my body dry, while the light kept my body warm. I didn't utter a single sound the entire time, and this would later lead to the belief that I was a mute.

After drying my body, the man touched and moved my body around in several ways, but it was only later that I found out he was examining my body's functions and reflexes. I guess a baby's five senses are already developed upon birth, something I wasn't aware of. The only sense that wasn't fully developed was my sight, because my color vision was weak and I couldn't see as far. Of course it got better when I grew up, but at the time, it was kind of a nightmare not being able to see right.

After these examinations, he stabbed a couple of sharp objected into me and I could some sort of liquid entering my body. He also wrapped something around my body in several areas, then put me on some sort of device. I later learnt that he measured my body sizes and weight. Throughout these examinations though, I didn't react at all, and this lead to the second belief that I was retarded. When he mentioned these to my parents, they suddenly began yelling and arguing about something I wasn't able to understand, and soon enough, the argument stopped and it seems like my parents were the winners.

I was given the name, "Aria Brynhildr," and my parents took me home the day after. Despite being told that I was a retarded and mute child, they still raised me dotingly. They made sure that there were never any harmful objects near me at all times, and there was always at least one of them in the house whenever they needed to go out. They began to relax in their surveillance when I reached the age of 4, and began to leave me alone more often. I use the time I have alone to learn the common language of this world, and research the history of what happened after my death. I continued this until I finally became six years old, and now we're back where we started.
_____
From what I've learnt from the past couple of years, It's been approximately 2,000 years after my death. Only that the bodies of the demon lord and I were never found. After the death of the demon lord, the humans completely eradicated the rest of the demons, and peace finally returned to the world. For the next 1,200 years, technology advanced greatly, starting with steam engines, and ending with electricity. Buildings were created with new materials such as bricks, wood and tiles, new methods of transportation was developed known as "Motor Vehicles," which had many sub categories that I can't be bothered to remember because I don't think it's important. In my opinion, the greatest change is the new form of communication developed. Devices known as "Phones" were created, and it was able to allow two people to communicate with voice through these devices.

For 1,200 years, the world was at peace, but then disaster finally struck again. A voice that everyone was familiar with resounded through the world. The [System] delivered a message, which wasn't recorded in the books, but it caused a huge change throughout the world. Several structures were erected randomly and random landscapes around the world was completely transformed. Quickly afterwards, creatures spawned in these areas, and their abilities varied greatly. These areas were soon to be labeled as [Dungeons].

For the next 300 years, several kingdoms around the world lead several expedition into these dungeons, but suffered extreme casualties. Despite clearing some of these dungeons, they had no way to destroy it, but could only force it to become dormant by defeating the [Dungeon Master]. At the same time these expeditions took place, several groups of mercenaries decided to explore these dungeons as well, entering areas that the armies weren't in. Many of these groups died, but the mercenaries that explored the weaker areas found that they were able to become stronger much faster, and consecutively went into dungeons with slightly stronger monsters than the last.

Soon enough, these individuals were known as [Adventurers], and several of these groups merged to form the [Adventurer's Guild]. The guild expanded drastically, to the point where nearly every town and city in the world had a guild hall. Some of the guild's main tasks it to determine the difficulty of each dungeon by sending in professional scouts, receiving tasks from citizens and giving them to adventurers as quests, and giving different ranks to these adventurers to determine which dungeons they can enter and what quests they can receive.

A century after the founding of the guild, every dungeon known in Sykerion was conquered. When this happened, the voice of the [System] resounded through the world once again. This time, the message was recorded into the books.

"Conditions for [World Gates] has been fulfilled. Access to [Worlds] has been granted. [Sykerion System] has been upgraded. [Stat Allocation] is now accessible. Level limit has been increased by 100. Stat limit has been increased by 2,000."

After this announcement was made, several circular gates were erected around the world, as sudden as the dungeons. Each gate late to worlds different from ours, most of them consisting of even more monsters and dungeons. A few of the gates lead to worlds which also had civilization, but of different races. Many adventurers were excited to explore these new worlds, and the kingdoms immediately engaged into discussion with the other races.

For several centuries after, it finally leads to me being resurrected back into the world of Sykerion, in a completely different era. Many things differed from back then, and I was amazed by the development of the world after I defeated the demon lord. Now that the world seemed to be more at peace, I felt like completing the objective I had in my previous life. To find something fun to do.
_____
Now, before I grow old enough to explore the new world, I need to be able to communicate with my parents and find some excuse to why I've not made a single sound since birth. Along with that, I need to fix a certain thing I discovered when I first checked my status several years ago. I'm well aware that the level limit has been increased to 100, but something's definitely wrong with the stats I have. I mean, just look at it:
______

Name Aria Brynhildr
Age 6 Years Old
Gender Female
Titles
[Elementalist] [Heartless] [Fallen Hero] [Demon Slayer] [Immortal Slayer] [Devil Slayer] [Boundless]
Classes [Arcane Knight] [Martial Artist] [Destroyer]

Level 3122
Health 1,628,925
Mana 1,568,375
Strength 65,157
Agility 67,663
Intelligence 62,735

Skills
-Fire Magic [Level 10]
-Wind Magic [Level 10]
-Water Magic [Level 10]
-Earth Magic [Level 10]
-Light Magic [Level 10]
-Dark Magic [Level 10]
-Spacial Magic [Level 10]
-Cast Time Reduction [Level 10]
-Multi-Cast [Level 10]
-Formless Magic Manipulation [Level 1]
-Enhanced Detection [Level 1]
-Aura of the Heartless [Level 1]
-Echo Strike [Level 1]
-Arcane Strike [Level 1]
-Titan Strength [Level 1]
-Phantasm [Level 1]
-New Game Plus [Level 1]
______

Let's see, I gained a couple new titles, and my [Hero] title has been changed to [Fallen Hero]. All my skills from my previous life remained. Along with that, I went over 15 times the current level limit, and my stats were over 20 times the limit as well. And it all came from this new skill I obtained right after defeating the demon lord:

[New Game Plus]
A gift from the system for accomplishing the impossible, the owner of this skill will be resurrected randomly in the future while retaining all stats and abilities from their previous life. Along with this, their limits have been completely removed.
_____

Because of this one, godlike skill, I was able to absorb the one billion experience gained from defeating the demon lord. From my experience in combat against him, I knew he was powerful, but I didn't expect him to grant me that much experience. Did he break through the limit himself? There's no way that I should've gotten that much from defeating him otherwise.

Anyway, due to this one skill, I had no need to train my body physically or magically. In fact, I'm still able to use them as well I did in my previous life, which I tested the other day I was left alone. I mean, I guess I could continue training until my parents grant me permission to adventure, but let's wait until I actually figure out how to communicate with them.

After several days of brainstorming this topic, I can only come up with one excuse; I was cursed at birth. So much for having high intelligence, huh? Didn't help me out here. Now that I have some sort of excuse, there's one more thing I need to do, and that's to limit myself again. Back in my previous life, at the age of 8, every child was given a magic plate that records their status onto it, and automatically updates itself. If I had one of these and someone saw my status, it probably wouldn't lead to a good situation.

After thinking for about 5 minutes, I became impatient and decided to take the easy way of limiting myself. I found some gauze bandages, cursed it with extremely powerful weakening magic from my [Darkness Magic], and wrapped myself in it. After covering myself from head to toe, I checked my status again, and the results came out positive:
_____

Name Aria Brynhildr
Age 6 Years Old
Gender Female
Titles
[Elementalist] [Heartless] [Fallen Hero] [Demon Slayer] [Immortal Slayer] [Devil Slayer] [Boundless]
Classes [Arcane Knight] [Martial Artist] [Destroyer]

Level 31
Health 16,675
Mana 16,025
Strength 651
Agility 676
Intelligence 627
_____

The stats were still too extreme for a child, but at least they were 1 percent of their original power. I'll do something about it later, but for now, I need to improvise about something else. Because right now, standing at the doorway to my room, is a certain woman who I recognize very well. And the expression on her face was complete fear, seeing me wrapped in bandages. This was my mother standing at the doorway, who's staring at me wrapped in gauze bandages.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 33.8K 91
(Highest Ranked: #24 in Fantasy/Magic) THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY (2nd Book is already up on my Profile; This one is Complete) I died and when I woke...
107K 6.4K 11
Reincarnated from a Common Human from Earth to the child of the Demon King, Zenzur, bear the fate of his brethren in his shoulder the moment of his a...
460K 13.2K 37
Warning: There is abuse and extreme trauma in the beginning of this story. "This is the first time I've seen a human as small as you." I lightly fli...
2.3K 99 73
Xavier meets an untimely death and is confronted face-to-face with God. She gives him 2 options - reincarnate on Earth with no memories - a fresh sta...