Searching...A Legolas LoveSto...

By GinaG_13

Aolavina is not just any Lady of Middle Earth. She is a Lady of Battle. She has always travelled with her fat... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 - part 1
Chapter 39 - part 2
Chapter 40
Information on the Sequel

Chapter 13

19.5K 353 141
By GinaG_13

Chapter 13

    “A feast they are calling it. A feast it better be,” Gimli said hobbling over to the fire and sat down on the logs around it. I went over to my bed and slumped myself onto it. I put my head in my pillow and held back a scream into my pillow.

     “Are you regretting your choice Vina?” A little, sweet voice said from next to my bed. I lifted my head up from the pillow and saw that Pippin was looking at me a little worried. I sighed and then lifted myself up so I was sitting crossed legged. I lifted Pippin up so he was sat next to me.

     “Pip, don’t pay any attention to what I do or say. My choices are what I think is best for me, for Leonan and I guess for everyone else,” I stated but Pippin still looked concerned and worried. I put my hand on his shoulder. “I do not regret my decision Pippin. It was very hard to make so you must understand that I’m feeling a little tired,” I finished. He nodded his head in understanding and then looked at me again.

     “You’re scared.” He said matter of fact. I shot a glance at him and he knew I was. He knew well and I guess that was Hobbit instincts, they always knew if there was something worrying someone. I smiled and nodded my head.

      “Yes Pippin, I am scared, scared of leaving Lorien, leaving my brother behind. Since birth I have never been apart from him and now I am leaving him here whilst I go on a dangerous quest to destroy a ring and search for my father. I just don’t know if I am doing the right thing,” I ranted. I sighed and then bowed my head so I was facing the floor.

       Pippin didn’t say anything for a while. We sat there in silence for a while, me lost in thought. Had I actually made the right decision? What if Lorien was to come under attack and Leonan hurt? Father would never forgive me. But surely he would be safe here. Or would he? What if I never found my father or something bad happened whilst I was on this quest. The loss of Gandalf was already a lot to take in. I was brought out of my thoughts when a bigger hand touched my shoulder. I looked up to see Aragorn.

      “Leonan will be safe here. The elves will protect him if any harm was to come to him. Eleona would not let anything happen to him. She was very relieved when you told her Leonan was to stay with her. And as for you. You will be safe with us. No harm shall come to you,” Aragorn boldly said. I smiled and put my hand on his. But I wasn’t quite sure that everything he said would be true. Would they be able to protect me? What if I was separated from the rest of the fellowship? I shook the thoughts out of my head and lifted myself up off of my bed and over to the fire where I began to build around it.

      Boromir was sat away from us all and it was quite strange why he would be. He had his knife in his hand and looked like he was carving the twig from the day we had gotten here. I stood on my tip toes to see if I could get a better look but I was a tad too short. I walked over to him and touched his shoulder. I made him jump – luckily he had just pulled away from carving, and he hid the wood and knife away in his pocket. He smiled at me and moved over so I could sit next to him.

     “Are you okay Boromir. You’ve been very quiet lately,” I asked him kindly. He smiled trying to convince me that he was fine but I raised an eyebrow and he sighed with a little giggle. He wasn’t going to get anything past me. My bond with him was growing a lot and I thought us close.

     “Why did you choice to come with us when you could stay here, in safety with your brother?”  He asked me openly. I looked down from him and at the floor. A small chuckle escaped my mouth and I could see out of the corner of my eye that he looked at me funnily. I knew that the others had the same question on their minds.

     “Because Boromir, I have nothing to lose. Leonan is here, safe with his family. I must go and find my father. And besides, it would be easier to say goodbye to the elves here than it would be to the fellowship, to you. Gimli wouldn’t be easy, Legolas even harder and Aragorn the hardest,” I stated. I felt sad talking about even thinking of leaving the fellowship. I mean I didn’t even want to leave Leonan here but that was what my father told me to do, and that’s what I’ve done. Somehow though, deep down inside me, I could sense there was another reason why I was to go with them. Boromir smiled and placed a hand on my hand which was settled on my thigh.

     I looked up at him and smiled. He had a gentle expression on his face and made me feel like I meant something to him. I sat next to him for around five minutes until I went and sat over with the rest of the fellowship and Legolas. He seemed happy to be happy to be in my presence and I leant on his shoulder. I could have easily fallen asleep on him but then I remembered that I had to go to Eleona’s so she could do my hair for the feast. I jumped up from next to Legolas and went over to my bag and picked out a few things, putting them in my pocket and then turned around.

     “Where are you off to Lass?” Gimli questioned me. I smiled and climbed up the tree roots. I turned back and looked at everyone. The hobbits looked worried.  

     “I will see you all at the feast,” I cheered to them. Aragorn whispered something to Legolas and I could just make it out him saying about me getting ready at Eleona’s. I looked at them both suspiciously and they both smiled at me. I bobbed my tongue out at Legolas before I turned my back on them and in the direction of Eleona’s.  

*

      All the fellowship was sat around at the table where a feast was set out for everyone. Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn where sat at the top of the table, other elves sat around and the Hobbits sat dashed around the table. No one was really talking.

     “Haldir, call for Aolavina and Lady Eleona,” Lady Galadriel called to Haldir. He went to get up from his seat but Eleona called out.

      “No need Haldir. We are here,” Eleona announced. Everyone looked at her and smiled at her. But Legolas was trying to look around her. I stepped out slightly from behind Eleona and in view of everyone. I lowered my head in a blush and looked up slightly with my eyes. The Hobbits were looking up at me in awe, as if they had never seen me dressed so women like before.

      Indeed, I was dressed in very feminine clothing. I wore a long white dress that had a V cut that showed the top of my chest, flat shoes and my hair was down, curled and platted in areas. I had not worn such clothing in many years, maybe since I was a child.  It did feel weird not wearing my normal trousers or my shirt but it was for a special and rare occasion. Legolas smiled at me and I even saw a tar grow in Aragorn’s eye. When I looked at Boromir I saw that he was starring and he realised and blushed.

     “You seemed to have shocked many here in your appearance Lady Vina,” a soft voice whispered in my head. I looked at Galadriel and giggled at her.  Was I that different than what I normally looked? She smiled and looked over to the empty place between Lisendriel and Legolas. I went over and took my seat, tucking my dress underneath me.

     “Bring out the food,” Lord Celeborn ordered and about a second later, even more food for brought out and placed onto the table. There was a lot of green food like salads and fruits. Gimli looked at the salad in disgust and thankfully, some meat was brought out, a whole salted pork roast and at least three roast chickens. Everyone began to eat and I began to dish the salad onto my plate. Legolas too piled the salad onto his plate with a bit of the other foods lay out.

    We all ate with calming music played in the background but no one was talking. The hobbits were enjoying their food a lot and I could tell because they kept getting more and more onto their plate. I giggled to myself and heard Lisendriel shuffle next to me.  

    She nudged me with her elbow and I looked at her. She held out her wrist to show a beautiful handcrafted bracelet.  My mouth was wide open and we giggled like little girls. She explained to me how Haldir had proposed to her, asking her to be his lifelong partner. I couldn’t have felt any happier for her. She was like my sister and I wanted the best for her.  We continued talking with each other until we stopped as Lady Galadriel put her hands in the air to get everyone’s attention.

    “I would like to cast a toast. To the life of Gandalf, for he will always be in our hearts,” she called. Everyone held their glasses in the air and joined them together in a toast. We all said ‘to Gandalf’ and drank from our glasses. Once I took a sip out of my glass I held the glass my mouth, flavouring the mead that I had poured into it. I thought about Gandalf. Images of him falling flashed in my mind and I had begun to feel a little sick. I could feel a tear build up just behind my eye. I felt a hand on my thigh and I looked up to see Legolas looked at me worryingly. I smiled but I needed to get away for a second. I got up from my seat and headed out of the gathering and into the halls. I went to the closest bathroom there was and lifted the seat up and threw up what I had only just eaten.  

    My throat burned and my stomach churned. I felt the urge again and then threw up again. Oh this was hurting. I felt a few tears begin to run down my face as more thoughts of Gandalf came into my mind. I put my hands on my head and threw up once again. I felt my stomach was empty and I dry hu2rled. It was a little painful and I heard some one walk behind me.

    “Are you okay Vina?” I heard Eleona call out from behind me. I looked over my shoulder but returned to the toilet as I had another urge to throw up. Once again though, nothing came out. I felt her hand on my back and she began to rub it softly. I coughed and got a bit of tissue paper and wiped my mouth with it. I faced Eleona and lowered my head a little.

    “I’m sorry Eleona,” I said. Eleona shot a glance at me and a look of confusion was written all over her face. I probably did surprise her, it had been on my mind to tell her this and I didn’t think earlier was the best time. Leonan was in the room with me and I didn’t want him to hear me say it. I looked at her in the eye and made sure she could see how sorry I was.

    “Whatever for?” She asked me. I tried to make her see but I think she didn’t see clearly. I closed my eyes and felt my head fall backwards. I had to say it before I felt any worse.

     “For my father,” I stated. She looked at me, still confused and a little uncomfortable. “My father should never have taken Leonan away from you, or your family. Even away from Lorien. So I say sorry in his absence,” I stated. She sighed and sat down on the floor next to me. She was trying to think what to say and for a while she didn’t say anything. I took my hand and held it in hers.

      “Your father had a choice to make, just like you have had to do.  I do not loath your father Vina, only envy him that he had got to spend his time with Leonan and with you Vina. I want you to know, before you leave, that I may never take your mothers place, but I will always be there for you if a talk is ever needed,” She stated. I blinked a few times as the words digested into my brain. And all of a sudden, I threw my arms around her and she hugged me back, tightly and comfortably. This was the first time in a very long time that I have truly felt a motherly figure really be there for me.  She rubbed my back kindly. She held me there for about a minute or so before I pulled away, turning back to the toilette and heaving again.

    After I cleaned myself up we went back to the gathering and Eleona took a seat down at the table but I really didn’t feel like eating, not after throwing it all back up. I stood in front of my chair and held my hands together in front of me.

     “Lady Galadriel, could you please excuse me from this feast. I am not feeling to good and I would like to get some rest before we set out tomorrow,” I asked very politely. She looked around at the table and then back at me, a smiled on her face.

     “You are excused my dear. Rest easy,” she kindly said to me. I bowed my head to her and then bowed my head to everyone else on the table. I turned away but Boromir spoke.

      “Would you like me to come…I mean to occupy you and make sure you are fine and nothing happens,” he sheepishly said. I looked at him and smiled kindly. He blushed a little as others looked at him and he hid half of his face with his pint.

     “Thank you Boromir but I will be fine. I am going to say goodnight to Leonan and then head for our camp. Goodnight,” I finished. Boromir was still blushing and it made me smile even more, but then my stomach churned and I could feel myself want to hurl again. I held it in and tried to make it not show and bowed one last time before leaving them.

      I walked alone in the forest to get to Eleona’s house where I knew Leonan would be sleeping. It didn’t take me long to get there and I opened the front door to see Eleona’s parents sat down talking. I smiled and said hello and went into Leonan’s rom. He was fast asleep and I went over to his bed and stroked his forehead with the back of my hand. He looked so peaceful sleeping here. I leant down and kissed him on the head. I pulled away and whispered good night to him and turned away but he woke up.

     “Vina?” He called out. I turned to him with a silly smile on my face and I put my hands on my hip. He reached out his hand and I took it and kissed it.

      “Hey Leonan, I just wanted to check in with you before I went back to the camp,” I stated. He smiled at first and then looked a little concerned at me.

     “Do you have to go with the fellowship tomorrow? Can’t you stay here with me and mother and the elves?” He asked quietly, watching my face to see if he offended me or anything. I sighed and sat on the edge of his bed, stroking his cheek again. His skin was soft and the cleanest I’d seen it in a long time.

     “Because I have to carry on looking for father,” I stated and he went to speak but I shook my head and put a finger to his lips. “No Leonan, you can’t come with me, even if I wanted to. The journey will be too dangerous and I couldn’t cope with myself if something bad happened to you. I mean I could hardly look after the both of us after we lost him. And if it wasn’t for the Fellowship in Moria I don’t know what had happened,” I said a little airy. I had begun to feel quite bad now and the sickness was beginning to return. Leonan sat himself up and looked me in the eye.

    “I’m going to miss you V,” He whispered. I nodded too and engulfed him in a huge hug. I didn’t want to let him go. I didn’t want to leave him here. But I had no choice. I had made up my mind and it had been one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make. I kissed the side of his head and held his head in my hand.

    I left him asleep in his bed and said goodbye to his grandparents before I eventually got to our camp. I had not felt so tired and ill in quite some time, apart from being shot with an arrow. I had not had sickness for years and it was strange me to have it. I got an old washing up bowl and grabbed my blanket from my bed and wrapped it round me, sitting by the fire where it was nice and warm. I leant my back against the log and leant the back of my head on it. I felt a little bit better but so many thoughts were racing around in my head. I tried to block some of them out.

   I took a swig of water out of my flask and closed my eyes as I swilled it around my mouth. I really was feeling quite tired and I closed my eyes into the darkness.

    I opened my eyes slightly so I could just about see through them and saw Legolas. He was carrying me in his arms and I guessed he was putting me to bed. I tucked my head into his chest and he placed me down onto my bed. I lifted my legs up and Legolas put the blanket on me. I snuggled in the blanket and felt the material of it. It was so soft and comfortable and I smiled at Legolas with my eyes shut. I didn’t know if he saw me or not but I was too tired to open my eyes again.

    “Thank you,” I whispered before I took another breathe and fell asleep.

       “Vina,” I heard a voice whisper in my ear. “Vina,” it repeated again. I began to move and my body started to wake itself up. I squinted my eye so they slowly adjusted to the light.

      “Frodo?” I asked the little face in front. I knew it was one of the Hobbits. He nodded his little head and moved out of my face so I could sit up. I slowly got myself up and noticed that another blanket had been placed on me. Well actually, it was a coat. Boromir’s coat by the scent on in. I looked around the camp but not many of the fellowship were there. Boromir was sat on the logs and was poking at the fire. Aragorn and Legolas were nowhere in sight and I thought they were probably with the elves. Frodo began to move away from me but then he stopped and turned back to me.

     “Thank you Vina. The ring is my bearing but it’s very brave of you to carry on with me and the fellowship. I know a lot of us have gotten attached to you and many have begun to feel something for you,” he said with a little blush of his cheeks. I smiled kindly and pulled the covers away from me so my legs were slightly dangling off the side of the bed.

     “There is no need to thank me; I should be thanking you for occupying me on my own little quest to find my father. And yes, I have made many friends and made bonds with many if not all of the fellowship,” I replied. He smiled satisfied. He turned away and walked back over to Sam who was collecting his pans and attaching them to his big bag. I smiled and stood up from my bed. I had to quickly reach out for a branch above my bed to regain my balance again. I guess I still felt a little crappy. I took a breath out and looked down at what I was wearing. I was still wearing my long dress that Eleona had gotten me to wear the night before. My hair hadn’t changed either. Still curly and looking elegant.

     I took Boromir’s coat in my hand and put it on my arm. I walked over as steadily as steadily as I could and put my hand on Boromir’s shoulder. He didn’t look up but put his hand on mine to say he knew I was awake. I climbed over the log so I could sit next to him. He carried on poking the fire and I moved the coat from my arm and offered it back to him.

     “Thank you,” I said quietly. He put the stick down next to him and took the coat off of me with a smile.

     “You looked cold last night Vina,” he simply stated. I nodded and put my hand on his arm. He seemed a little sad today and it wasn’t like Boromir. I thought he would be happy, seeing that this was our last morning in Lorien.

      “You remind me of my brother, Faramir,” he randomly said. I looked at him confused. It was a bit of a random thing to bring up. Was this what was wrong with him? I lowered my hand from his arm as he turned his whole body to face me.

       “You and he are alike in so many ways. You so everything in your power to make everything ok and you never let anything get to you. Your knowledge sometimes is more of an advantage than your battle schemes. You will have to meet him,” he said, looking me deep into the eyes. In his eyes I could see pain and strain and weakness, a weakness I had not seen before. I took his hand in mine and a smile reflected in his eyes of my facial expression, one I had not seen before on my own face before.

     “If your brother, Faramir is anything like you, I would be honoured to meet him,” I charmed. Boromir blushed a little and I laughed, putting my head onto his shoulder. I would love to meet Faramir. But that would only be if we passed Gondor. But Gondor being so close to Mordor and Isenguard, we had little chance of going there.

I had gathered all my things together and I was heading to Eleona’s to say goodbye to her and Leonan.  They both were coming down to see us off but I wanted to say goodbye away from the fellowship. I had told the others I will meet them by the boats. I had to see all of my closest friends off first and that meant Lisendriel and Helainan as well.

      “Hello?” I called opening the door to the house. It was quiet in the house and when I got further in I saw that Leonan was eating and playing with an old wooden boat I could remember my father making for him. I smiled at him, “where’s your mother?” I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders and then there was a shuffle coming from the far bedroom.

     “I’m in here Vina,” she said with a little hint in her voice hoping I would go in her room. I left Leonan eating and walked up to her bedroom door. I had not been in her bedroom  before and it seemed strange going in. I waited at the door for a second until I saw a glimpse of silver. I walked further in until I was in full view and Eleona was looking down at a beautiful pair of silver shining swords.

     “They’re beautiful,” I said in awe. Eleona giggled and picked up one of the swords, holding it in front of her and concentrating on the blade. She spun it in her hand and I loved the sound it made. She picked up the other one and lined them next to each other. They truly were beautiful and only very gifted craftsmen could do such a job. She took a breath out and then handed them to me; I took them very carefully and began to test them out. I lashed one after the other in front of me, feeling the lightness and incredible power that these weapons had. I smiled and went to hand her them back but she shook her head and hid her hands. I looked at her very confused and pushed them closer to her but she did not have them back off of me.

    “They are yours now,” she stated strictly. I looked at her gobsmacked and shook my head. I could not accept such gorgeous machines.

     “I cannot accept such gifts Eleona,” I told her but she shook her head again, placing her hands on mine which were gripped to the handle of the swords and pushed them towards my chest.

     “Yes you can Vina. It is my gift to you and I would feel terrible if you did not take them. They are yours now and forever on. I have no use of them,” she told me. I sighed and looked at the beautiful swords in my hands. They were smooth and elegant and I would definitely make used of these. Eleona pulled her hands away from mine and into the trunk where her swords had been. She pulled out holsters for the swords that were made into a belt.  She passed them and I quickly put it around my waist and it fitted me perfectly. I swung my bag around and began to pull out the dress I had worn the night before but she shook her head and put it back in my bag.

    “Keep it, you may find that you wear it again. I am too old to wear a dress like that,” she kindly offered me. I smiled greatly and tied my bag up again. I put the swords in the holder and they fitted in perfectly. I smiled at Eleona and she smiled back and pulled me into a hug. She was so warm and comfortable that I felt bad leaving her. I was really going to miss her and miss how kind she is and was to me. But she had Leonan to look after now and he had her.

   After a while we walked out and went and sat down next to Leonan. Eleona made me a quick drink and Leonan another round of toast. I think she was trying to fatten him up, I didn’t mind. He needed to be spoiled. After he finished his toast and then turned my body to face him and I tried to look as soft and gentle as I could without looking serious.

    “You’re going to learn so much here Leonan. So much history of this beautiful place,” I stated taking his hand in mine. He swallowed hard and sighed.

     “How long will you be gone for Vina? A couple of days?” he asked me cutely. I laughed a little only because I had no idea how long I actually was going to be. I reached for him again and hugged his little body. I buried my head in his hair and more thoughts shot through my mind. Was I making the right decision?  I felt terribly guilty now that I was leaving Eleona with Leonan. What if she didn’t actually want him? I sighed and shook the thoughts out of my head. Elves are not like that.

      Leonan and Eleona were joining me later at the lake. I headed down to Lisendriel’s and Helainan’s house. This was going to be hard, I thought. Lisendriel was hard to leave the last time. When I got around the corner of where she lived I saw that Lisendriel was waiting outside the door for me. I ran over to her and hugged her. We went inside where supplies and clothes were placed on the table next to the chairs. I looked at Lisendriel but her gaze turned to Helainan who had just walked in from another door that led to the kitchen.

     “This is your supply Vina. Helainan had gathered some long-lasting food and has got you some energy drinks. This supply should last a while,” Lisendriel told me. I smiled gratefully at her and I walked over to the small table. I picked up the one flask and looked at the contents.   

      “What’s in this flask?” I asked Helainan. She walked over to me and took the flask from me, having a look for her. 

      “This is an energy juice.  If you have a cold or low energy, drink a few mouthfuls and you shall regain energy and strength. I thought it might come in handy on your journey,” she explained to me. I nodded and moved onto another flask and to the small bundles of food. She explained to me how all I would be filling. I opened my bag and emptied it out so I could organise my bag. I folded Eleona’s dress and put it at the bottom of my bag. I then put some of the flasks and then some of my clothes. I put my father’s coat in and then my food and the rest of my stuff. I got up from the floor and tried to tie my bag.  It was full now and brushed the dust from off my knees and then I saw Helainan pass Lisendriel something.

     “Here, this is for you,” she said handing me a small, brown holster with a beautifully engraved knife. I looked at her and shook my head. Not another gift. I took a step back and they both smiled.

    “We know you don’t like gifts Vina but we didn’t want you leaving here without a remembrance of us,” Lisendriel tried to convince me. I sighed and looked at her gratefully. I went to speak but Lisendriel shook her head and began to tie it onto my leg. She had to adjust it so a little and tightened it up and when she finished, I took the knife out. I held it in front of me. It was a curved blade and not like one I had never seen before. I felt the blade with the tip of my finger and felt the sharpness of it. It was very sharp and could easily slice through skin and even bone when swung at someone. I put the knife back in its holster and pulled Helainan and Lisendriel into a hug. I was very thankful of their gift and I would never forget it.

       We were all lined up and I was stood between Legolas and Boromir and the others were either side. Lady Galadriel and a few other elves had got cloaks and were facing us. Roberteth was holding what I guess to be my cloak and Galadriel stepped forward to Aragorn and the others followed.  He stretched the cloak around me and joined it up with a beautiful leaf barouche that looked so shiny. He quickly pinned it and then slyly reached for my hand and placed something around my wrist. When he pulled away, as the other elves did too, I looked down at my wrist to see a lovely wooden handcrafted bracelet that had my name engraved onto it. I looked up at him and he smiled gently. I could see out of the corner of my eye that Boromir was looking down at my wrist. I pulled my hand in my cloak and felt the material of the cloak trying not to show it to him.

     Lady Galadriel started to give out gifts and treasures. I wanted to move out of the line but felt arrogant if I did so. I waited slightly awkwardly in the line next to Legolas as she slowly made her way down the line. She gave Merry and Pippin two twin knifes that she said had already seen battle. They were a little bit like the one Lisendriel had given me. Pippin looked quite scared in having a knife given to him but you never know what will come our way. She then moved onto Sam and Frodo. She gave Sam real elvish rope which he looked at a little dumbfounded and then looked at Merry’s and Pip’s gifts and then down a little guilty at looking ungrateful. She gave Frodo the gift of light from their loved star. I thought that was an amazing gift and somehow, I knew that would help Frodo in some way.

     She then moved to Boromir and one of the elves gave her a lovely golden belt in which she handed to him. He took it very carefully and felt the material of it. He looked up with his eyes and bowed his head to her. I bet he didn’t expect that. She then looked away from him and then at me and Legolas. She stood between us but more towards him. She was then handed a long bow and she slowly handed it to Legolas. I couldn’t help stare at his new bow, it was so beautiful, and I looked away a little as she began to speak.

    “My gift for you Legolas is a bow of the Galadhrim worthy of the skill of our woodland kin; its name is Meenu and is one of our oldest bows in Lorien. But this bow is very special. Special it is indeed,” she said. Legolas was eyeing up the bow and went to bow his head but looked a little confused. Galadriel reached back and another bow, almost exactly the same, only the handle was slightly different shaped. Legolas looked confused at her.

    “Meenu is special because it has a twin, Meena. They were crafted together by the same craftsmen and was said to be as handy and enchanted as each other. They both have been chosen for two individual who have the skill to enhance them,” She said. I couldn’t help but star at the bow called Meena. It was so beautiful and somehow completely different to Meenu, its twin. I looked up at Galadriel and she smiled.

    “Sina naa ten’ lle Vina,” she said to me in elfish. I looked at her with a blank face and she put the bow in my hand. I looked at it gobsmacked. It was mine?? I moved the bow closer to me and looked it up and down. {This is for you,Vina}

     “Ta vanima,” I breathed. I ran my fingers down the long bow and felt the engravings, they were of ivy and leaves but there was another engraving that felt different to the others, out of place even. I raised my bow and looked at the little engraving. It was a mini replica of Meenu but the string was shaped into a love heart. I ran my fingers over it again and felt my cheeks blush a little. I lowered it as she handed us both a satchel each of arrows which were very sharp on the end. I had had so many wonderful gifts off of people that I would definitely miss them.  {It’s beautiful}

     After everyone had been given their gifts, the elves had begun to fill up the boats with some more of our supplies. Legolas was helping them load it all up and I watched on. I didn’t want to get in their way and I didn’t want to go into the boats until I really had to. I was not very fond of travelling by boat, I felt exposed and like an open target. As I watched I felt someone come and stand next to me. I looked up to them to see it was Boromir. He was putting a smile on but I could see that there was something behind it and something was troubling him.  I smiled up at him and he leant against the tree next to me. He rummaged his hand into his pocket and pulled out a hand carved figure. He held it in his hand for a while and then leant it out towards me. I looked down at it and took it from his hand. It was a carving of a soldier and their horse. But it was not a man on the horse. It was a female. It was me. I looked up at him and he shrugged his shoulders.

    “You are mighty, Vina. Mighty as any other soldier in Middle Earth, but you does not see it. This is a gift from me, in which not only reminds you of me, but of your own strength,” he told me softly. I rolled the figure over in my hands and saw how long it took him. He was very talented in crafting and maybe after our quest is over and the ring destroyed, he could take up the skill of a blacksmith. I guess that was what he was working on in our camp. It was a very kind gesture of him.

    “Thank you Boromir, it’s lovely,” I thanked. He smiled happily and I saw Leonan and Eleona walk across the bridge and onto the banks next to the river. I lowered my head and tried to catch my breath. It was strange that just the sight of them seemed to wind me. Boromir looked at me and lifted my chin up.

     “It’s not a goodbye, just a small departing Vina. You will be seeing him again after all this is over. You and your father, when you find him you both can see him together,” he comforted me. My mouth line went up but there was something in the back of my mind that thought differently. I slowly walked away from Boromir and just around the corner so I could see the whole or Lorien. I stood there, one arm on my neck and the other supporting it. I was going to miss this beautiful, magical and dreamy place. Why couldn’t other places in middle earth look like this, apart from other elven lands? I sighed and turned my back on it. It really was harder to leave this time than it was the first time. I slowly returned back to the boats where Aragorn was waiting for me. He smiled and touched my shoulder. He knew how I felt; I had spoken to him earlier, away from everyone else about leaving. He understood me and that was very hard for anyone else to understand.

      “The boats are loaded and ready for you,” Lord Celeborn informed us all. I and Aragorn nodded our heads and the others did too but we quickly walked over to Eleona and Leonan. I wanted to say a quick goodbye before I left. I already said my real goodbye but Aragorn hadn’t said it yet. Boromir had said goodbye to Leonan already, he told him that he was really going to miss him and that he has got to protect Lorien like a big man. When we got to them, Leonan was dressed in very elegant clothing and he looked very handsome. I straightened up his collar and he tried pulling away and pumping out his chest making himself look big. I raised an eyebrow and then picked him up and swung him around in the air and he began to giggle. I tickled him and his little chuckles made me smile and want to munch him all day. His little smile reminded me of my father, I always told him he had his father’s smile.

     I put him down onto the floor and pulled something from my bag. It was a top that had the word ‘nosse’ stitched on it, meaning family. My father had made it me years ago when we had free time. I had kept it with me ever since and when my father went missing; I wore this top underneath my other clothes. I never told anyone about this top, not even Lisendriel. But I thought Leonan would benefit from it more than I would now. It was a bit small on me.

     “Lye atar imya sina alye’ ten’ amin ar’ sii’ ta naa coiasira a’ cam ta ndu a’ lle,” I quietly told him. He took the shirt from me and felt the material. It wasn’t the most aesthetically appealing but it had more sentimental value and I knew that it meant a lot to Leonan he hugged the top and then I threw my arms around me, his head in my shoulder and my head by his ear. {Our father through this together for me and now it is time to hand it down to you}

      “Lire lle merna amin rudh ta ar’ lle khiluva ilyamenie nae kirma en’ amin ar’ lye atar yassen lle,” I whispered into his ear. It was a good thing that I learnt how to speak elfish and had brought Leonan up to learn the language, even after leaving Lorien. It come in handy to if we were around other people and I wanted to say something more privately. {When you want me, bare it and you will always have a part of me and our father with you}

      We pulled away and I stood up from him and hugged Eleona tightly. Since my mother had past she was the only person who I thought as closer than a friend, more of a mother or step mother. She was the only one I could trust with my life and in this case Leonan’s. I could hear Aragorn talking to Leonan about being a big man and about our journey before we got to Lorien. He was telling him how much of a man he was and what an amazing soldier he would make when he grows up. I pulled away from Leonan and coughed at Aragorn. He looked up at me, a little guiltily and then at Leonan as if say he was in trouble now. I laughed and Aragorn put his arm around me playfully.

    “Look after her Aragorn,” Eleona stated sternly. Aragorn’s smile faded a little but he lowered his head to her in respect, putting his hand to his chest. I looked over to the boats and saw that Boromir had begun to help Merry and Pippin into boats. I sighed and looked down at my feet but Aragorn made me sway a little and I giggled at his playfulness. I kissed Leonan one last time before I entered the boats. I had decided to travel with Gimli and Legolas, not that I had a choice. Gimli seemed to have already decided that for me.

    I placed my bag under my seat and found myself sitting between the dwarf and the elf. I didn’t mind, I could speak to both of them easier but I kind of wanted to have my own boat, but I would have felt cheeky asking the Galadhrim for even more supplies. I sat myself comfortably and our boats were pushed out into the river and Legolas slowly began to row our boat further away from te bank. I began to feel like it was hard to breath but I tried not to show it.

     Further and further away we got and soon we had moved to far to see the tall trees and beautiful house floating in them. I looked across the bank to where Eleona and Leonan were and to my surprise, Leonan was wearing the top. I giggled and could feel tears begin to build up in the back of my eyes. I waved my hand and he ran after the boat along the bank until it stopped and he could run no more. He had a big, brave smiled on his face and his hand was waving like it had been burnt or something. I blew a kiss in the air and he pretended to catch it and pulled it to his chest and returned a kiss to me. I did the same and he giggled with excitement until we were too far away and it was very hard to see him.

     We turned the corner and slowly, Lorien was gone. I took a very deep breath out and kept looking back to see if I could see it, but there was nothing. It was done, we were away from Lorien and I had left my little baby brother behind. I felt a tear finally fall from my eye and felt it fall on my leg.

     This had got to have been one of the hardest things I have ever done in my whole long life.

{Hey guys!! Hope you guys liked the chapter, sorry its took me a while t update, science exam this monday so been doing revission. What you think of this chapter/?? Vote/like, comment fan/follow... tell me what you think. Live Love Laugh x}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.2K 2.5K 26
After leaving Lothlorien, the Fellowship of the Ring continue their journey to Mordor to destroy the One Ring. But when the Fellowship is betrayed an...
11.8K 245 18
Yara walks a dark path, a path she thinks she must walk alone. Until she finds love. But even love cannot prevail the darkest times of a people.
62.2K 1.6K 31
Sequel to my book 'Child of Sky'. (Though if you don't care about the back story, this can be read separately.) Therith is getting caught up in anoth...
55.5K 1.3K 24
Alastegiel is the daughter of Saruman. And no he is not a most loving dad. She escapes him and joins the Fellowship! In a fight between good en evil...