BLIND DEVOTION : The Misconce...

Par the_creative_mabel

Status: Complete ✔ | Editing process ⏸ Tell me what's the perfect picture of young adults life nowadays... Plus

Chapter 1: First Day - New Encounters
Chapter 2: First Day - New Encounters [part. 2]
Chapter 3: Defend Yourself!
Chapter 4: Just...Lonely.
Chapter 5: Let's Be Friends!
Chapter 6: Let's Be Friends! [part.2]
Chapter 7: Don't Wanna Be Alone
Chapter 8: Eat, Play, Talk!
Chapter 9: No Love
Chapter 10: Just Getting To Know You Better
Chapter 12: I'll Take Care of You
Chapter 13: A Good Listener
Chapter 14: Feeling Protected
Chapter 15: Mixed Feelings
Chapter 16: Closer...
Chapter 17: You Go To My Head
Chapter 18: Mine
Chapter 19: A Some Relationship?
Chapter 20: Like A Drama
Chapter 21: Mental Discomfort
Chapter 22: Let's Not Fall in Love
Chapter 23: Avoidance
Chapter 24: Inside Her Shell
Chapter 25: Love Impaired
Chapter 26: Face-Off
Chapter 27: Heart[sick]
Chapter 28: So, What Now?
Chapter 29: Only Hope
Chapter 30: My Prince Charming
Chapter 31: The Lesson
Chapter 32: Hugs & Kisses
Chapter 33: Past & Present
Chapter 34: Just A Friend
Chapter 35: It's Risky
Thank You Message [5K Views!!!]
Chapter 36: Shouldn't Have...
Chapter 37: Will You Be Alright?
Chapter 38: Mighty Jaebeom°
Chapter 39: Smile Again
Chapter 40: Jealousy?
Chapter 41: Wedding Day [pt.1]
Chapter 42: Wedding Day [pt.2]
Chapter 43: Uncertainty
Chapter 44: I'm Still There
Chapter 45: A Growing Friendship
Chapter 46: Happy Feels
Chapter 47: When Your Friends Are Guys...
Chapter 48: Gibberish
Chapter 49: What A Mess!
Chapter 50: Gray
Chapter 51: Toy
Chapter 52: Breathe
Chapter 53: Passing By
Chapter 54: Now or Never
Chapter 55: Toronto
Chapter 56: Like Lullabies
Chapter 57: Fed Up
Chapter 58: Sorry
Chapter 59: Whoa!
Chapter 60: Opportunity
Chapter 61: Obsession
Chapter 62: Finally
Chapter 63: Friends Sweet Friends
Chapter 64: Remain Hidden
Chapter 65: Winter Child
Chapter 66: A Blessing In Disguise
Chapter 67: Fifty Shades of JB
Chapter 68: Bosom Buddies
Chapter 69: ...What?
Chapter 70: It's Time
Chapter 71: Awaken [part. 1]
Chapter 72: Awaken [part. 2]
Chapter 73: Crimson
Chapter 74: Retrospection
Chapter 75: December 1898
Chapter 76: Make A Change
Chapter 77: Company
Chapter 78: Let Me Love You
Chapter 79: Commitments
Chapter 80: A Step Forward
Chapter 81: Melanie's Day
Chapter 82: Longtime Friends
Chapter 83: Birth of GOT7
Chapter 84: Nothing Like Us
Chapter 85: Sleepover
Chapter 86: Unconditional Love
Chapter 87: Your Soulmate
Chapter 88: Official?
Thank You & Future Plans~

Chapter 11: Just The Two of Us

1.1K 68 37
Par the_creative_mabel

Mark's pov

I got a call from JB saying they both arrived home without any problem.

I was still thinking about my behaviour towards Melanie, earlier. I had to call her, if not, i won't be able to sleep peacefully tonight.

I've made up my mind; i'll call her. I had to settle this.

*Ring...ring...ring...ring...*

"...Hello?"

"Hey, it's me."

It was quiet for a moment. I tried to continue, "...hmm, JB told me you both got home safely."

"..yeah."

Another moment of silence. I think she was scared to speak to me.

"Melanie...i'm sorry for earlier at the restaurant. I didn't mean to hurt you, don't take it personal. You know, i'm-"

"I'm the one who's the most sorry, Mark. I should have ask you if you wanted more help..."

"...but i've yelled at you...in front of everyone."

I was sincere. It didn't feel like me when i yelled like that. I think it was the side effect of a break up.

"In the end, we were both at fault i think. I accept your apologize cause I know why you reacted like that."

"I also, accept your apologize. You wanted to help me. In the near future, if i need help, i'll let you know."

"Okay."

"I just, I just want to be treated as a normal young man, that's it. Blind people and sighted people are the same...just that one can see with their eyes and the other one, with their heart."

"I know. And, Mark?"

"Hm?"

"I know you're hurting right now and you try to be strong, but don't allow your wounds to win over you."

"Ah, I know..."

"And...I don't know why Krystal said so, but you are not a child, okay? One day, you'll find that girl who really see you as a man, as her man. Don't worry."

"Thanks"

"Okay. Now, I have to sleep. It's getting late and i have to wake up early for work. So, goodnight."

"Okay, goodnight. Bye bye."

***

Junior's pov

My grandma got out of the hospital this morning. She was feeling better. The doctor said she has to take better care of herself; eat well and rest well. She's not young anymore.

Today, i had to meet a new employee that my mom had hired. He was the same age as Bambam apparently. Seriously, why does she hire those youngs boys. She want more sons?

Bambam worked really hard, like always.

"Hyung, why are you fixing me like that? Do something too!"

Yeah, he started learning some korean words pretty fast. That little thai boy.

"Uh? Ya! I was just thinking about something okay."

"When I do that, you yell at me. Not fair..."

I returned back to my tasks, filling some shelves with food and do some cleaning a bit everywhere. My mom was doing some calculations. She was on the inventory.

"Jinyoung!" I heard Bambam calling my name. He was pointing someone to me with his innocent baby face. A tall boy, taller than me came.

"Hi, how can I help you?"

"My name is Yugyeom Kim and i'm here for the job."

Uh!? It's him?! He looked older than his age!! And, older than Bambam. Kid these days...wow.

"Alright! My name is Jinyoung Park and this is Bambam. You'll mostly be working with him at the cash register. Hope you'll get along well, you're a both the same age."

The both of them looked at each other, stunned. Yup, you guys are the same age. I giggled.

I showed him the tasks he had to achieve and how to work at the checkout . I was a little discouraged. He did not have the same experience as Bambam. It was going to be a long day...

***

Melanie's pov

*Ring...ring...ring...*

"Hello?"

"Yeah, it's me! Hmm...the plans for tonight have changed"

Well, Jackson had to train for his fencing, Jr was too busy at the store and Mark didn't feel well. Maybe he caught a cold."Do you still wanna go? It'll only be me and you..."

I still wanted to go since he told me he'll bring me to a very great korean restaurant. I had to taste that korean food! 

After showering,  I chose to wear a casual black and white striped dress and white converses, since the weather was pretty hot today. I felt a bit weird because it will only be me and him, and it looked like i was going on a date. It wasn't. I'm just going out...with a friend.

I told my mom i was going out with a friend. If she knew it was a guy, haha, better not tell her lol. I left the house and walked to the bus stop. JB was already there, waiting patiently. Earphones on, he kept staring at the front, his two hands in his pockets. He wore a checked shirt with a white t-shirt underneath, black short pants, with black and white jordans. The more i came closer, the more faster my heart was beating. Even in these simple clothes, he looked flawless.

"Hi!" i said. He saw me and took his earphones out.. His perfect eye smile, ah stop! Stop smiling like that!

"Annyeong (hello)!" Uh? That was the first time he spoke to me in korean. His annyeong was very cute! "You know what it means?" he asked me.

"Of course I know. I'm not a babo (idiot)."

"I think we should use more koreans words from now. It will be more fun."

"Geurae (for real?) ? Okay!"

"Oh, you're already starting! You're good! Challanda! (You're doing good/ Bravo!)"

"Gamsahapnida! (Thank you!)" i replied while bowing in front of him. It was actually fun to play like that.

"Geurae, noona jjang!!" (Of course, noona is the best!!) He gave me two thumbs up.

He called me noona? Now, i understand the feeling of being called noona and, i liked it a lot! We rode the bus and arrived at the terminus to ride the subway. He really wanted to take me to the best korean restaurant. I thought it was cute.

When we finally got there , i could feel the warmth of the place and, the delicious mixed aroma of the korean cuisine. The walls, the tables were all made of pure wood. It made me crave for food now. The place was crowded with a lot of people since It was dinner time. The host got us a very calm place to sit. He then handed us the menu. I didn't know what to choose.

"So, what do you wanna eat?"

"I don't really know yet. Do you want to propose me something?"

Everytime I go to a restaurant, it takes me an eternity before choosing what to eat.

"You must like meat?"

"Yes, of course. Oh! There's samgyeopsal (pork belly meat) ? I wanna try!"

"Yes, there is. Okay, then let's have samgyeopsal and...kimchi jjigae (spicy korean kimchi stew) ?"

"Okay, i trust you! I hope it won't be too spicy..." 

After almost 10 minutes, the food came at our table.

JB started to grill some meat and cutting it. He added some vegetables too. So manly. Our kimchi stew was still boiling in our own black stone bowls called dolsot, it was amazing. I was taking some photos. I tasted the kimchi stew while JB was busy with the meat. It was absolutely delicious, and spicy! Melting in my mouth...heaven.

JB showed me how to do a lettuce wrap with meat and some vegetables inside.

"That one is for you."

He offered it to me. I was flustered at first, but i ate it. I was trying hard to not smile as i was chewing the lettuce wrap. It was really good. After that, I did one for him too.

So, we talked alot while we were eating. He told me he had a cat named Nora and showed me a picture from his phone. Every time Mark would come at his house, he would take Nora in his arms and play with her. He asked me if i liked animals and if I had a pet, when our conversation gave me an idea right away.

"Hmm, Jaebeom, can you...help me with something?"

"Yes, what is it?"

"I think I know what i'll give Mark for his birthday, but i don't know where to start."

"Okay. Tell me, i'll help you."

"You know, since he really likes animals and these days, he might feel lonely and depressed...i thought about a little puppy?" I was determined to give him one.

"You wanna buy him a dog?"

"...hm."

"Already?..."

"Is it too much? I can't think of anything else...he's looked cute that last time i saw him hugged that cat in front of my house."

"Yeah, he can't stop playing with Nora too. So, why not a cat? I think it'll be easier for him."

"No, i see him with a cute little puppy. Mark is more of a dog style than a cat style. He looks cute with cats, but i think a dog would suit him the most." I firmly wanted a dog for him.

"I don't know, i think you'll have to ask at the pet store to know what would be the best choice because of his condition. And i think, you'll have to ask his parents too..."

"...well, seems like not a good idea. Eotteoke...(what to do...)"

"I didn't want to discourage you though. I'll take you to a pet store! A good one."

"For real?"

"Hm. Let's go."

***

"Isn't it Sora and Hwanhee's son right there, with a black girl?" the old woman whispered to her husband. He turned around to have a look.

"Oh? It seems like it. Are they having a date?"

"Heyyy, don't think so. Even so, I don't think they would allow their unique son to be with a woman who's not... korean."

"You're right! Just imagining the future of the family...that would be weird."

"Kids these days do have strange taste. Their son is so handsome. I'll call Sora later to let her know. I don't think she knows about it."

***

Melanie's pov

"Awww there are so cuute!" i exclaimed full of enthusiasm. We played with some puppies, we had fun with them. JB would talk to them as if he was talking to a baby. One caught my eyes. I thought "this is the one!" The little puppy was all white, so freaking adorable. It was so tiny. I could imagine Mark hugging him and playing with him. Cuteness overload!

"JB, that's the one! It's so cute! Gwiyowo (cute), heeeeee!!!"

"Gwiyowo, jinjja gwiyowo!"

I've never played or hugged a puppy before. This one was so freaking cute that I would do anything to embrace it in my arms. The store's worker took it out for us. Now in my arms, I talked to it. "Hey little cuttie! Guess what? Maybe you'll have a new daddy soon! He'll take good care of you, i promise you."

The birthday party is still next weekend, so i had time to talk about it with his parents and if a blind person can have a dog as a pet. I'll come back. It was still early when we left the store and JB proposed to go to the dance studio before going back home.

At the studio, he went to connect his phone and turned the music on. It was Get like me by NellyHe started dancing, showing me what he usually do like b-boy moves. He was pretty good. His expression when he dances is no joke. Full of charisma. He finally glanced at me and made a sign to come.

"Your turn Miss! Show me what you got!" he was so into it lol.

"I can't improvise." i said while coming in the middle of the studio.

"Of course you can! You're a natural dancer, aren't you? You dance whenever the music is on" 

He was right. Anytime, anywhere, when i heard music, my body won't stay still. I had to move. He changed the song for me...Drunk in love by BeyoncéHe was screaming "Beyonce!Beyonce!Beyonce!" Another Jackson was in the house...oh lord. I giggled shyly. I naturally started dancing and became more serious. My face automatically changed. My body fell so into the beat. I could see JB's face in the mirror and he looked impressed. He gaped at me with wide eyes. All he could say was "Whoah!Whoah! WHOAH!!" Sometimes, his screams were a bit off and high-pitched that i would loose my serious and start laughing.

"Ya, i was impressed! See, you can dance when you want to."

"I don't know any routines."

"I can show you some...if you want to. There some i'm still learning for fun."

"Oh, o-okay."

"Do you have some in mind? Some you wanted to learn?"

"Hmm yeah. You know New Flame by Chris Brown ?"

"Yeah, i saw the mv. You like the dance don't you?"

"Yeah, the dance part at the end is my favorite."

"We can do that. Next time, i'll bring my laptop so we can watch the moves together and learn them."

That's it. We were really going to dance together. Oh my god...i wanted to cry of happiness.

"Cool then!"

For the last hour, he learned me some moves and tried dancing together with the beat. We had fun. Dancing with the guy you have a crush on, it's total happiness. How can this be more perfect? We stopped and sat next to each other on the floor, sweating like hell.

"You're so good. You could be a kpop idol!"

"Ah, it's funny because it was actually me and Jr's dream..."

My heart suddenly beat faster...

"...and, it's still is...but just for me."

My heart suddenly hurt. What if, what if i don't get to see him anymore?

"What's keeping you from doing it?"

"I'm just afraid of what i could loose if i ever make it."

"Your parents."

"Yeah, my parents, but also...someone else."

A girl? A girlfriend? Don't tell me...

"...Pamela?"

"Uh?! Heyyy never!! That girl ain't my type, so annoying."

I felt relieved, but i was still curious. Who could it be?

"So,...?"

"I'm still confused about my feelings towards that person, so i cannot say anything yet."

He had feelings for a girl. I wasn't feeling good, my hopes were vanished.

JB then faced me, "When i'll know, you'll be the first person to know."

Why would he told me that? Like i cared...he had feelings for someone and it wasn't me. Better just stay friends i guess.

"Well, that would be cool to have a friend who become a kpop idol" i expressed half-heartedly.

"You think? I guess..."

***

JB's pov

When i opened the door, my mom and my dad were seating together in the living room. They were staring at me all the time. Something's up here...

"I'm home." i said calmly. They gave me a sign to come to them. "What happened?" i could only say.

"What did you do today?" my dad asked.

"I went eating with my friend, and after that, we went to a pet store...why?"

"Are you dating someone?" my mom abruptly asked, being straight to the point.

"No. I'm dating no one."

"Well, be more discreet next time. Our friends saw you with a black girl today and thought you two were dating. I don't want any trouble or rumours running out there about our family."

"I'll...be more careful next time. Sorry."

"I'm not saying you did something wrong, but you should focus more on your studies. After, you'll date freely." my dad simply told me.

"Date some pretty asians beauty and get married and-" i cut my mom.

"Sorry mom and dad. I'll go to my room, i'm tired now. Goodnight."

These parents...seriously.

_________________________________________
Hello!

This chapter was a bit longer...the next one will be shorter than my other ones.

What do you think about JB who want to become an kpop idol? You must know who's the girl he has a crush on? haha

Poor Melanie. What's going to happen with them? Will JB audition or not and try to conquer her heart.

With the kind of parents JB has, do you think it'll be possible? You'll know if you continue reading the story until the end!

Vote & comment!

Malory~

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

1M 46.3K 69
"I only date black guys." "So because of the pigment of my skin you won't give me a chance." "Basically. No hard feelings though. Besides I like some...
155 0 4
Standing up for oneself and others, realizing one's inherent worth, and being incredibly grateful for one's lifetime soulmates are just a few of the...
336 18 8
" I walk over to my bed and lie down with my arms crossed against my chest. The same bed she had slept in, now consumed with her scent. I press my he...
13.1K 1.3K 47
"𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸..." 𝗜 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲. 𝗜 𝘀𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗹𝘆 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗸𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲 �...