Dog Walker | Jinkook

By halekook

Kim Seokjin, a college student who works as a dog walker on the side, has an unpleasant run-in with an arroga... More

Welcome: A New Journey Begins
Characters
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chapter Thirty-Four

2.1K 306 98
By halekook

Later that day...

******

"How was your day today, Seokjin?" Jungkook inquired, settling comfortably at the dining table as they shared a meal.

Seokjin, in the middle of eating, glanced up and replied, "It was good. I went for several walks with Bam. I caught up with a long-time friend over lunch and later returned to my apartment to gather a few things. How was your day?"

"It appears you had a busy day. I hope you found some time to relax amidst all your activities. My day was filled with positive experiences. I invested a substantial portion of my time into my work. I wanted to let you know that I have planned an upcoming trip where I will be traveling abroad for at least one week." Jungkook said as he shared his upcoming travel plans with Seokjin, making sure to give him a heads-up in advance.

"Where are you going, and what's the purpose of your trip?" Jin asked as he eyed Jungkook curiously.

"I am planning a trip to Sweden to meet with various individuals involved in discussing the evaluation of a potential business venture that my company has been actively considering."

"I see. Are you going alone?"

"No, I will have the company of several Vice Presidents by my side. Hoseok is typically a key participant in these trips, but unfortunately, he is currently unavailable at the office and won't be able to join us on this trip. That's okay; the trip might be more successful without him." Jungkook replied and proceeded to savor a mouthful of his meal.

Jin pondered in silence before carefully considering his words, "I believe it would be best if I come with you."

Jin's unexpected request took Jungkook aback, his confusion evident as he asked, "You want to come to Sweden with me?"

"Are you saying you don't want me to come?" Jin inquired, his eyebrow raised.

"Seokjin, I don't recall our conversation about my desire for you to refrain from accompanying me to Sweden. Furthermore, I have no recollection of us discussing your strong enthusiasm for accompanying me on trips, particularly given our history of unsuccessful journeys.

If you'd like to join me, I want to ensure you feel completely at ease and not overwhelmed. I acknowledge that we have different thoughts and am trying to improve my approach."

"I have no issue with traveling together. If I did, I wouldn't be living with you. What would make me uneasy is remaining here alone during my pregnancy. I don't think that's a safe option for me either unless you'd like me to go and stay with Taehyung and Jimin-"

"Seokjin, it's unnecessary. I didn't mean to abandon you. It would have been wise to consult with you before making my travel plans to ensure your interest in joining. In the future, I will strive to be more attentive and conscious of that.

Based on past experiences, your response was not very favorable when I made decisions without including you. So, I tried to refrain from repeating any actions that could make you see me as an inadequate parent or partner."

Jin became confused by the last part of Jungkook's response, "Why would you think I would view you as an inadequate parent or partner? Jungkook, I am unsure if you realize it, but I am less experienced than you. I never had an actual relationship, and as for being a parent, we are both in the same boat. I can't judge you on something that I am also unfamiliar with."

It was Jungkook's turn to be confused as he stared at Jin, "Have you never been in a real relationship before? Seokjin, I don't think I understand that in the past, you said-"

"I know what I said, Jungkook, but they were not actual relationships. I thought they were, but after growing up a bit more, seeing Taehyung and Jimin, and others, I realized what I had with people was chemistry and the satisfaction of being there for one another, but never being in a relationship."

"That's quite intriguing. Despite your young age, it appears you possess a wealth of history and past experiences."

"Don't judge me! Like you were a saint when you were younger. I am sure you had everyone wrapped all around your fingers in college, doing whatever you wanted."

"Seokjin, I don't have a clear memory of my younger self. I don't think I was considered a saint because nobody ever mentioned it to me. However, I don't believe I had the power to wrap anyone around my finger or that such a thing is even possible."

Jin sighed and tilted his head, "there is so much for you to learn! I am the younger one, but it seems that I am the one who has to teach you."

"What would you like me to teach you? Is there anything specific that you would like me to learn about that I may not be knowledgeable about?"

Jin raised his head and glanced at Jungkook, "There's a lot to discuss, but we can save that for later. On Thursday, I have a doctor's appointment and-"

"Before you go on with that, I wanted to mention that I saw a doctor today. Although he may not possess the highest level of expertise, he did offer valuable insights into the factors contributing to your heightened state of arousal.

After sharing your thoughts, I would like to engage in a discussion about this topic. We can explore ways in which I can offer assistance while also being mindful of personal boundaries and taking into account my own emotions, so that I am not solely used to fulfilling your needs."

Jin was taken aback by Jungkook despite knowing he shouldn't be. However, after receiving some advice from Taehyung, he decided to use it to his benefit.

"Before you interrupt me, I wanted to share that I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday. This is where we can find out the gender of our baby, and I would like you to be there. As for my increased need to have sex, you don't have to worry about it; I will have it taken care of. I would prefer you not to feel uncomfortable or concerned that boundaries aren't being respected."

Jungkook cleared his throat softly before speaking, "Seokjin, I couldn't imagine being anywhere else but right beside you on Thursday.

Can you please provide a thorough explanation of your proposed approach to resolving that issue? As we continue to navigate our relationship, it's important for me to express that my interest in you will diminish if I uncover any involvement you may have with another person. Seokjin, have you given any thought to the fact that we are having a child together?"

"Are you considering it?! You want me to want you and be on the same page with you, but where are you meeting me? You don't even hug me when we sleep in the same bed. How do you expect me to reciprocate feelings for you when you are giving me nothing?"

"I had no idea it was considered appropriate to embrace you while we sleep," Jungkook whispered. "I kept from doing that to prevent any unpleasant feelings for you."

"Jungkook, I sat on your lap with only your shirt on! I am pregnant because we had sex. Do you seriously think that hugging me would make me uncomfortable?"

"Seokjin, I'm feeling a bit unsure about my thoughts. As you settled onto my lap, you performed that action. I want to clarify that I never initiated that particular situation. It's important to note that every time we've engaged in any sexual activity, I have always made sure to ask for your permission beforehand. Maybe I need a clearer understanding of the mistakes I've made. I'm sorry if this has caused any frustration. I need to make sure that I don't lose you.

I am making every possible effort to avoid that situation, particularly because I am aware that your presence here is solely due to your pregnancy. My current uncertainty in our relationship is affecting my motivation to take charge and meet your expectations."

"I am sorry-"

"No need to apologize, really. This is not about you but rather about me. I need personal growth and self-improvement. I am eager to learn, carefully examine my thoughts, and-"

"Jungkook, please, stop. It's not you; it's just me at the moment. I have been unintentionally presenting mixed messages to you, and it has just dawned on me. I understand your hesitation. We both have concerns about our situation.

I have reservations about progressing with certain things due to the worry that they might not lead to a good outcome, leading to potential regret. You seem concerned about the fear of being rejected. However, being in your presence has allowed me to witness different parts of your personality.

Although you may not express physical desire, you display a great deal of affection and concern for my well-being. I already admire the person you will be as a parent, and I have no regrets about getting pregnant and sharing a child with you."

Jungkook remained quiet when Jin finished speaking; he did not utter a single word but continued eating his meal. After Jin had felt as if he had complimented Jungkook and told him nice things that he had seen in him in the short time they had been living together, he watched him for a while, not understanding why or how Jungkook had gone so quiet.

Jin decided he would not continue to speak, and as he rose from his chair to excuse himself from the dinner table, he started gathering his plate. "I am going to bed. Thanks for the dinner."

"You're welcome. Have a good night." Jungkook responded and then continued eating.

*****

Jin couldn't sleep; his earlier conversation with Jungkook consumed his mind. He couldn't comprehend the reason behind the man's sudden silence, which left him feeling frustrated. Jungkook's personality remained unclear no matter how hard one tried to figure it out. Something was always left behind. As soon as he heard the door to the room open, he quickly feigned sleep.

He could hear Jungkook bustling about the room and immediately regretted not sleeping in one of the other available rooms.

As the weight on the bed shifted, he silently appreciated having his back turned. He knew that if Jungkook realized he was awake, he would probably start a conversation, and he preferred to avoid that.

"Even though you're asleep, I just wanted to tell you I will hug you. Since you mentioned it earlier, I thought it would be alright to do so while you're resting." Jin was startled by Jungkook's words, and in an instant, he found himself enveloped in Jungkook's embrace, drawing him nearer.

"I apologize for causing you concern about the potential for a regretful relationship with us. You were correct in your observation regarding my fear of rejection. It has always been a lingering fear within me, not only concerning you but in various aspects of my life.

Today, I discovered that my fear has made me overbearing and obsessive about many things, ultimately causing me to miss out on many opportunities.

I don't want to miss out on you or miss out on being a part of your child's life, so I promise you that I am committed to making positive changes and becoming a better person." Jungkook softly murmured and gently planted a kiss on Jin's head. He apologized for kissing without permission, mumbling softly before closing his eyes.

Jin's heart raced as he slowly opened his eyes, his eyes adjusting to the pitch-black void that surrounded him.

He pondered for a while, lost in thought. Eventually, he turned into Jungkook's arms. Slowly, his fingers caressed Jungkook's cheekbone as he expressed his thoughts, saying, "If you're willing to commit to doing things differently than how things began between us, I'm open to starting a relationship with you.

Jungkook, I must admit, we all have our imperfections, and I'm sure there are aspects of myself that you may not find particularly pleasant. That's common among everyone in a relationship. I like the side of you that I am witnessing daily. It's not just your physical appearance catching my attention, but how you are as a person.

After being in the same room with me, you are the first person who has not attempted to strip me naked. This was one of the most bizarre things that had ever happened. I thought it strange at first, but as time passed, I realized it wasn't strange. It was strange that I had no idea that consent and permission were equally important as you have made me know they are today. So thank you for that."

As Jungkook listened intently to Jin's words, anticipation welled up within him. However, he remained cautious, mindful of the possibility that he may have misinterpreted Jin's words. Drawing from his past experiences, Jungkook decided to seek further clarification.

"Seokjin, I'm really happy that I could convey the significance of those things. They play a crucial role in all types of relationships. Furthermore, to avoid any confusion, I would like to inquire if now is an appropriate moment for me to request that you become my boyfriend or if we should proceed slowly as you previously suggested?"

Jin chuckled, "You really don't forget anything! Yes, Jungkook, it is an appropriate time to ask me to be your boyfriend."

Jungkook flashed a smile and let go of Jin, swiftly getting out of bed and leaving Jin puzzled.

As the light illuminated the room, Jin squinted to adjust his eyes to the sudden brightness. Meanwhile, Jungkook resumed his position on the bed, his gaze fixed on Jin.

"I wanted to avoid asking you in the dark, so I turned on the light. Seokjin, would you be my boyfriend starting now?"

Jin grinned as he observed Jungkook, recognizing the childlike nature hidden beneath his seemingly tough exterior.

"Yes, Jungkook, I will."

Jungkook's smile was more radiant than Jin had ever witnessed. He moved closer to Jin and whispered, "I want to kiss you."

Jin embraced Jungkook, pulling him closer and kissing him. As Jungkook grew more at ease, he reciprocated Jin's kisses. However, he was surprised when Jin swiftly changed their position, settling himself on Jungkook's lap while Jungkook landed on the bed.

Jungkook's gaze widened as he fixated on Jin, halting him just as he leaned in for a kiss. "Seokjin, what was that action all about?"

"What are you talking about?"

Jungkook gently grasped Jin's hands, concern evident in his voice as he urged, "I encourage you to be cautious and avoid any activities that may pose a risk to both yourself and our baby. Next time, it would have been helpful if you had mentioned your desire to sit on my lap. I would have gladly adjusted and assisted you."

"Jungkook, I am fine! It's not that easy for me to get hurt or the baby to get hurt. You said it yourself earlier: the doctor said sex is normal during my pregnancy."

"I did mention that; however, what you just did was far from us engaging in sexual activity. It resembled more of you auditioning for an acrobat's position in a circus." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.3K 1.3K 16
"Hey Cutie!" Jeon Jungkook stated while blocking Jimin in the hallway. "Get out of my face. Please!" Park Jimin said shoving him out of the way. ...
76.7K 3.1K 25
Pacifiers and papers, things Jin never knew would occupy his mind at once. A college student in his last year of pediatric nursing, Kim Seokjin is ha...
130K 7K 39
Kim Seokjin is living in hell with his abusive husband. He wants to escape and is willing to do anything to restart his life somewhere else. Jeon Jun...
540 186 23
What an annoying jerk! Will you fuck off? Can't you both stay a day without fighting? Watch as this two unknowingly tangled....