BLIND DEVOTION : The Misconce...

By the_creative_mabel

Status: Complete ✔ | Editing process ⏸ Tell me what's the perfect picture of young adults life nowadays... More

Chapter 1: First Day - New Encounters
Chapter 2: First Day - New Encounters [part. 2]
Chapter 3: Defend Yourself!
Chapter 4: Just...Lonely.
Chapter 5: Let's Be Friends!
Chapter 6: Let's Be Friends! [part.2]
Chapter 7: Don't Wanna Be Alone
Chapter 9: No Love
Chapter 10: Just Getting To Know You Better
Chapter 11: Just The Two of Us
Chapter 12: I'll Take Care of You
Chapter 13: A Good Listener
Chapter 14: Feeling Protected
Chapter 15: Mixed Feelings
Chapter 16: Closer...
Chapter 17: You Go To My Head
Chapter 18: Mine
Chapter 19: A Some Relationship?
Chapter 20: Like A Drama
Chapter 21: Mental Discomfort
Chapter 22: Let's Not Fall in Love
Chapter 23: Avoidance
Chapter 24: Inside Her Shell
Chapter 25: Love Impaired
Chapter 26: Face-Off
Chapter 27: Heart[sick]
Chapter 28: So, What Now?
Chapter 29: Only Hope
Chapter 30: My Prince Charming
Chapter 31: The Lesson
Chapter 32: Hugs & Kisses
Chapter 33: Past & Present
Chapter 34: Just A Friend
Chapter 35: It's Risky
Thank You Message [5K Views!!!]
Chapter 36: Shouldn't Have...
Chapter 37: Will You Be Alright?
Chapter 38: Mighty Jaebeom°
Chapter 39: Smile Again
Chapter 40: Jealousy?
Chapter 41: Wedding Day [pt.1]
Chapter 42: Wedding Day [pt.2]
Chapter 43: Uncertainty
Chapter 44: I'm Still There
Chapter 45: A Growing Friendship
Chapter 46: Happy Feels
Chapter 47: When Your Friends Are Guys...
Chapter 48: Gibberish
Chapter 49: What A Mess!
Chapter 50: Gray
Chapter 51: Toy
Chapter 52: Breathe
Chapter 53: Passing By
Chapter 54: Now or Never
Chapter 55: Toronto
Chapter 56: Like Lullabies
Chapter 57: Fed Up
Chapter 58: Sorry
Chapter 59: Whoa!
Chapter 60: Opportunity
Chapter 61: Obsession
Chapter 62: Finally
Chapter 63: Friends Sweet Friends
Chapter 64: Remain Hidden
Chapter 65: Winter Child
Chapter 66: A Blessing In Disguise
Chapter 67: Fifty Shades of JB
Chapter 68: Bosom Buddies
Chapter 69: ...What?
Chapter 70: It's Time
Chapter 71: Awaken [part. 1]
Chapter 72: Awaken [part. 2]
Chapter 73: Crimson
Chapter 74: Retrospection
Chapter 75: December 1898
Chapter 76: Make A Change
Chapter 77: Company
Chapter 78: Let Me Love You
Chapter 79: Commitments
Chapter 80: A Step Forward
Chapter 81: Melanie's Day
Chapter 82: Longtime Friends
Chapter 83: Birth of GOT7
Chapter 84: Nothing Like Us
Chapter 85: Sleepover
Chapter 86: Unconditional Love
Chapter 87: Your Soulmate
Chapter 88: Official?
Thank You & Future Plans~

Chapter 8: Eat, Play, Talk!

1.1K 80 9
By the_creative_mabel

Melanie's pov

We went to a nearby park to play some basketball. Why? Don't ask me. I had nothing against playing basketball. I called Jackson because i wanted him to make me laugh, not watching him play a basketball match. You guys just took a shower earlier and now you're going to play basketball in this hot weather? Guys be guys lol.

I was sitting on the bench watching them play. Jackson was starting to showing off each time he got a goal. I had to admit, it started to be funny to watch. Sometimes, he would fall on the ground. When he couldn't do a goal, he would say it's because he's too short. JB would play with him, and joke about his height. Jackson talked too much, but it wasn't annoying. It was funny.

"I.AM.THE.CHAMMPIONN!" Jackson suddenly sang, finishing their first round.

I saw JB coming towards me, with a smile.

"So, are you playing with us now?"

"Huh?...I don't know, it's too hot."

"Come play with us, huh? It will be more fun, no?"

He fixed me with those charming eyes and that smile. How could I say no?

"But, we are 3..."

"Then, let's us be us two vs Jackson. He's too good."

"Okay." He immediately took my hand and guided me to the playing court. He...took my hand. Gulp..

"Hey, hey! What's going on there?" Jackson said while looking at us.

"We're playing against you, that's what's going on." JB told him.

"Whyyy? Meyonce, you don't want to be with me ? Why him? I'm better than him!"

"Well...he asked me first" I said while looking at JB. He winked at me? Did he...well, i couldn't really tell. It was pretty fast.

So, we played a 2nd round for at least 30 minutes and guess what? Jackson won anyway. And, he was mocking me. I wasn't upset, i just thought it was funny. I had fun. Of course, I was with JB; he's good and funny too, but Jackson was definetly the ace of basketball. 

We decided to go to a chinese restaurant nearby. I was so happy; it has been a while since I ate chinese food. Those guys ordered a lot of food, they eat a lot! I just took a plate of chicken fried rice and a soda. We had some side dishes too. JB sat next to me and Jackson was in front of me. Jackson saw I wasn't using my chopsticks...

"You don't use your chopsticks?" he asked.

"No...I don't know how to use them.." i was a bit embarrassed...i can't use chopsticks.

"You don't?!" surprised as if i was supposed to, lol. JB defended me.

"And so? Is that a problem? What's with that reaction?"

"Nothing, nothing. Sorry. Then, let me show you. Look!" Jackson replied, determined.

He showed me how to put my fingers and how to grab the food with the chopsticks. But, it was a bit difficult since he was in front of me. JB looked annoyed.

"I think it's difficult like that, you should be beside her to make it easier." JB said.

"Okay, then let's change places!"

"No, I ain't going nowhere, i'm eating. I'll...show her." he looked at me.

"You're a left hander." he continued, still stubborn. 

"So?"

JB's face didn't look good at all. What was wrong with them, seriously? I had to stop them.

"Then, you show me Jaebeom?" I said shyly. He looked at me and nodded.

He started to show me how to, but he saw i was still struggling with the chopsticks. He decided to take my hand, place my fingers the right way and take food with his hand still gripping mine. I was blushing. He was really patient with me and i was grateful.

After that, i looked at Jackson and started to laugh at him. I was so concentrated earlier with JB that I forgot him. He was sweating so much that he had put napkins under his snapback. He looked really funny.

"Why is it so spicy??" he was doing weird faces and frowning. I thought he wasn't feeling good. "I'll go to the restroom." He left.

I was curious at how spicy his meat was so I took one piece from his plate. It wasn't that spicy. I grinned widely...a chinese guy who can't eat spicy food. Sorry, but i found this quite amusing.

"Is it that spicy?" JB was looking at me, also curious.

"No. You wanna try?". I was handling one to him with my chopsticks. He took a bite while looking at me. His mouth was already full. He looked like a cute little squirrel with cute little eyes. We were still staring at each other eyes. I couldn't look away...like he stared deeply through my soul.

"What are you two doing?" it was Jackson, coming out of nowhere.

We both had jumped looking at him, startled by his sudden presence. He started frowning and doing weird faces again.

"Wait, I have to go to the restroom again!" and started running away.

Me and JB, we both looked at each other and giggled. Then, my phone rang...my ringtone 'Eyes, nose, lips by Taeyang' started to play. I became shy suddenly. It was my mom calling.

"Hello"

"Hello? Where are you? You're still at school?"

"Uhm, no. I'm eating at a restaurant with my friends. We were hungry. Why?"

"You didn't call me to tell me that? Anyways, don't stay long, you know it's a school week."

"...yeah I know" i said annoyed.

"Before coming home, buy some milk and bread ."

"Okay, anything else?"

"No, that's it. See you later. Bye."

"Bye!".

That mom...sigh. Calling me to come back home, already? I'm an adult, hel-looo..?

"Hm!Hm!" JB was clearing his throat. "So, you know Taeyang?"

"Eh?...Taeyang?..Ah, my ringtone! Yes, I like this song so much."

"You listen to korean songs?"

"Yeah...since 2009, and I really like that."

"2009? Wow, you must know a lot of kpop songs. Who are your favorite groups?"

"Well, SHINee, 2PM, BigBang,2NE1, MissA,etc.."

"Oh, cool!"

"Yeah...i also enjoy watching korean tv shows, they're so funny and entertaining compared to here. K-dramas are also very good."

"Oh, you know a lot about korean entertainment stuffs. Did you eat the food too?"

"Not yet, but i would really like to. I don't know where to go.."

"If you want, one day, we could go together...uh with the guys too. I know some good korean restaurants."

"For real? That would be great!" i was smiling widely. I was happy.

We talked about other thing about Korea and he was pretty impressed by my knowledge. I was becoming more and more comfortable around him that his somewhat chic/cold image didn't bother or scare me anymore. And, at last, i asked for his number and he gave it to me without hesitation.

Jackson came back. He felt a lot better. When he joined our conversation, he asked me if I knew any chinese songs too and I said no. He was deceived. He said he will make me listen to some so I can become a C-pop fan too. Haha, that guy! These two were defending their own cultures. It was a good live show to watch!

***

Mark's pov

So, now Krystal, you're lying to me? 

Her mom said she wasn't planning to shop with her at all and didn't see her since this morning. I've called her four times already. I'll try again.

"WHAT?!" she responded. Why was she yelling like that?

"What?! Are you kidding me now? I should be the one angry at you right now. Where are you? Your mom called me."

"I'm just with a friend!!"

"So, what are you doing, with such importance , that you can't take your calls?"

"Lol, what's wrong with you? You sound serious..."

"What's wrong, you ask? You have lied to me Krystal..now explain yourself"

***

Junior's pov

I worked with Bambam. It actually went really well while I was gone for the hospital. He was really good. I showed him the things he didn't know yet. He was a fast learner, i was impressed. Bambam was a really good choice, even if he's kinda young. I really started to like him, like a little brother. He looked like me.

It was almost 9 p.m; 30 minutes left before Bambam would leave for home. I was satisfied; he did a good job. Then, I heard familiar voices enter in the store and I was a bit shocked when I saw their faces...JB with...Melanie? When did they start being so..friendly?

"Hey Jr, what's up?" JB came to me.

Melanie was purchasing some bread and milk.

I went closer to JB with surprised eyes.

"Hyung! What happened...you two?" i said, while whispering.

"We spent some time together, this afternoon, with Jackson also.". He was smiling widely.

"Ohhhh" i reacted, impressed, while tapping on his shoulder.

"Oh? You were hiding a younger sibling? Hi!" he said, while looking at Bambam.

"Hi! My name is Bambam."

"Ah, Bambam? Nice to meet you."

Melanie was coming with her purchase and put them on the counter, ready to pay. I didn't see her since Monday.

"Hey Melanie! How have you been?"

"Hey Jinyoung! I'm doing great and you?"

"Ah, i'm doing fine!"

She saw Bambam

"Bambam right? Are you...thai?"

"Eh? How do you know?"

"I don't know, it sounded thai to me. Sawasdee Krab!"

"Oh, sawasdee ka", Bambam did, while bowing and smiling.

"Whoah! How do you know how to speak thai?" i said curious.

"I have culture, i guess. Haha." she responded, easily.

"She listens to kpop songs too. She knows a lot of korean words and expressions too." JB told me.

"For real? Wow, now we can speak together in korean. Daebak!"

"Yeah..."

"I guess, we will have to go now" JB said while looking around.

More people were coming inside. Melanie waved at me and Bambam after paying.

"Okay, see you soon guys!"

***

JB's pov

Me and Melanie were walking together as I proposed to walk her home since it was dark outside. Our homes were not far from each other anyways.

"Thanks for walking me home. I had fun with you and Jackson today."

"Great! If you're bored, don't mind calling us...you have my number now."

My phone suddenly rang, it was Mark. I had to take it.

"I'll go now. See ya!"

"Ok, bye bye!" I started walking away while taking the call.

_________________________________________
Hi!

How was it? JB made some moves towards Melanie. The two of them are more friendly now.

Next chapter will be more focused on Mark!

Vote & comment! Don't be shy.

Malory~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

688 126 24
<COMPLETED> Fasten your seatbelts, towards the journey of mixed emotions... They say life is hard. Yes, it is. But can you imagine how hard it...
707 26 24
Maybe it's fate, or just bad luck. But these two young adults continue to encounter obstacles as they try to find their way to happiness. Will they l...
10K 783 75
*MATURE BECAUSE*: It contains serious, sensitive and triggering topics like self-harm, unhealed trauma, assault, murders, etc. Reader discretion is a...
49 1 8
Sometimes, all we need as humans is love...not a soulmate kind of love but a love that we get from our own people i.e parents, a friend or even just...