Doomsday Disaster: I Have Spa...

Oleh ihatemetabolism

Author: Riding a turtle on the highway Last updated: 2023-11-12 23:29:46 The latest chapter: Chapter 108 JiZh... Lebih Banyak

c 1
c 2
c 3
c 4
c 5
c 6
c 7
c 8
c 9
c 10
c 11
c 12
c 13
c 14
c 15
c 16
c 17
c 18
c 19
c 20
c 21
c 22
c 23
c 24
c 25
c 26
c 27
c 28
c 29
c 30
c 31
c 32
c 33
c 34
c 35
c 36
c 37
c 38
c 39
c 40
c 41
c 42
c 43
c 44
c 45
c 46
c 48
c 49
c 50
c 51
c 52
c 53
c 54
c 55
c 56
c 57
c 58
c 59
c 60
c 61
c 62
c 63
c 64
c 65
c 66
c 67
c 68
c 69
c 70
c 71
c 72
c 73
c 74
c 75
c 76
c 77
c 78
c 79
c 80
c 81
c 82
c 83
c 84
c 85
c 86
c 87
c 88
c 89
c 90
c 91
c 92
c 93
c 94
c 95
c 96
c 97
c 98
c 99
c 100
c 101
c 102
c 103
c 104
c 105
c 106
c 107
c 108
ongoing

c 47

579 4 0
Oleh ihatemetabolism

Zero Seven Novelswww.08ek.com

menu

historyLog in

Zero Seven Novels > Urban Novels > Doomsday Disaster: I Have Space >Chapter 47 Cold-resistant Food

Traditional ChineseBackground color:Font: [ Small Medium Large ]

Chapter 47 Cold-resistant Food (1/3)

Previous Chapter ← Chapter List → Correction on the next page

Talk about both ends.

Zhang Li's life is not easy either. It was more than 80 degrees below zero outside, and the whole family huddled together in a small 20-square-meter house to keep warm.

Of course, you can also live in air raid shelters. It's just that the temperature is about the same as in the building. So, it doesn't matter where you live.

The house faces north and south.

As soon as you enter the door, you can see that the entire east wall is piled with firewood and coal distributed by the shelter to survivors. Although the quantity is not very large, it can still give survivors who do not have firewood a way to survive.

The fire was placed in the middle of the room to the south, with an iron tripod supported on it. A small pot was placed on the shelf, and the snow that had not yet melted was burning in it.

There is a thick layer of ice crystals hanging on the walls. No matter how much firewood is burned, bursts of cold air can still be emitted from the wall, so cold that the seams in one's bones ache.

As early as when the temperature had just dropped, the three men from Liu Dahai's family went out to look for supplies with Teng Hai next door.

Dead branches, tree trunks, wooden furniture in residential areas, shopping malls. As long as you can make a fire to keep warm, use an ax to split it and bring it back neatly.

Zhang Li was reluctant to use the three bags of coal that Wen's mother brought.

During the day, a small amount of firewood is used, as long as there is heat, and people gather around the fire to keep warm. At night, put a few pieces of coal on the fire to prevent it from going out, and open the windows from time to time for ventilation.

As for eating, it's even simpler.

Go outside and pick up some snow, heat it in a small pot, boil the potatoes and sweet potatoes, and keep the remaining hot water for drinking. Or eat the official sand scorpion cake. Occasionally, I would eat instant noodles or biscuits brought by Wen's mother to satisfy my craving.

The living conditions of Zhang Li's family are relatively good in the shelter. The official distributed one sand scorpion cake to each person a day. Most of the survivors ate the first meal but not the next. They were not full, but they could not starve to death.

The sand scorpions caught during extremely hot periods are simply processed and made into edible scorpion sauce and sand scorpion cakes. Just like this, I don't know how long I can hold on.

The grain stored in the grain depot must be preserved as much as possible. When there is really no land to eat, this is life-saving grain.

During the extreme cold period, people die almost every day. Including Liu Dahai's parents, who were missing a few days ago.

Old Mrs. Liu was gone in the middle of the night. When he was discovered in the morning, he was frozen solid.

Previous Chapter ← Chapter List → Bookmark next page

top

All novels on this site are reprinted works, and all chapters are uploaded by netizens. They are reprinted on this site just to promote the book so that more readers can appreciate it.

Copyright 2023 Lingqi Novel All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 47 Cold-resistant Food (2/3)

Previous page   ←   Chapter Table of Contents   →    Correction on the next page

Old Liu Tou followed his two sons out to find firewood for heating. The road was slippery and he accidentally fell. He didn't dare to move half of his body. He had a high fever at night and died.

There was no one alive, and neither of the two brothers informed Liu Dahai, so they just buried their parents in the snow not far from the shelter.

Liu Dahai doesn't have much contact with his two brothers now.

When the flood first broke out, Zhang Li's words were not nice, which made the two brothers have a lot of opinions.

The two sisters-in-law were even more unhappy. When the flood receded and they went to the shelter, they didn't even say hello to Zhang Li. They turned around and left with their bags.

So when Zhang Li and the others first came to the shelter, they saw Liu Dahai's two brothers catching sand scorpions, but neither of them came forward to say hello.

Zhang Li felt that they were just white-eyed wolves. They had been eating and drinking at her house for so long, wasting food, and serving them for so long without even a word of kindness.

A lot of people are like that. If you treat him ten good things, if one of you is bad, the previous ten good things will be wiped out.

"We don't have much firewood at home. Let me look after the house. I'll go find some firewood with your dad and your eldest brother." After Zhang Li finished speaking, she wrapped up her down jacket and prepared to go out and knock on the door next door to find Teng Hai. It’s safer in numbers.

"Mom, you stay at home, I'll go." Liu Jie stopped Zhang Li from going out. He wrapped up his clothes and followed Liu Dahai and Liu Yi out.

One person must be left at home to look after the house. It's no good if you don't look after the house, things will be stolen.

The last time Wen's mother came here, she brought a lot of food for Zhang Li. The family of four was frugal and had a lot left over. Many survivors saw it too.

If the whole family goes out to look for firewood, when they come back, the door will be broken open and nothing will be left. After all, the door is also made of wood and can burn fire.

Not to mention other buildings, even the building where Zhang Li and the others live, all the doors to the houses that no one lives in are gone, and you can’t see who pried them off, so they are gone.

No power, let alone monitoring. If it's stolen, you can't find out who stole it, so you have to admit defeat.

The leaders above have always provided electricity to the shelter. How can ordinary people provide electricity? With so many people, they cannot afford it.

Even leaders can't comfortably stay warm 24 hours a day, and they also have time slots.

Previous page   ←   Chapter Table of Contents   →      Bookmark next page

top

All novels on this site are reprinted works, and all chapters are uploaded by netizens. They are reprinted on this site just to promote the book so that more readers can appreciate it.

Copyright 2023 Lingqi Novel All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 47 Cold-resistant Food (3/3)

Previous page   ←   Chapter list   →   Next chapter  Correction

The patrol team is only responsible for safety issues. As long as you don't kill people and set fires, that's fine. There are so many thefts every day, and it’s hard to tell whether they will be found or not. Even if they are taken care of, they cannot be stopped.

Liu Dahai's family of three went out to find firewood together with a group of about 20 people from Teng Hai.

You can stay out for up to two hours before you have to come back. Otherwise, if you stay for a long time and look at the vast whiteness, you will easily get snow blindness, and people will lose consciousness due to the cold, which is very dangerous.

As long as you go outside, you can see some igloos scattered around the shelter.

Refuge people learn from the Inuit to build igloos.

But since they are not professionals, they cannot grasp the essence of building an igloo.

Some people were halfway up and the igloo collapsed. Some people succeeded, but because they burned a little more firewood, the temperature in the house was too high, and the igloo melted and collapsed, killing and injuring many survivors.

Gradually, not many people try to make igloos anymore.

Not far from the igloo is a small trading market spontaneously formed by the survivors for bartering.

In the shelter, there were very few people who exchanged points for supplies, almost none.

One is that there are no points, and the other is that the officials found that the temperature dropped too fast and had already distributed free down jackets to the survivors. No matter whether they are thin or thick, long or short, as long as everyone in the shelter has one.

As for those who live outside, we can't control that much. We don't have enough down jackets, and the staff is too scattered. If we send people out for a walk, they will freeze.

There are at least one to two million people in the shelter. It is impossible to wear a thin down jacket throughout the extreme cold. People can't bear it without having to eat, drink, use, and burn. If there is any, it needs to be changed a little. Some people will always be richer than others.

Therefore, the trading market was formed.

The officials knew about it and did not stop it. They divided several groups of patrol teams and went to the trading area from time to time to maintain law and order and not cause trouble.

The temperature has stopped at minus 83 degrees half a month ago and has not risen again, and of course it has not recovered.

Officials spent the past half month and painstakingly researched cold-resistant potatoes and cold-resistant sweet potatoes.

Previous page   ←   Chapter list   →   Next chapter    bookmark

top

All novels on this site are reprinted works, and all chapters are uploaded by netizens. They are reprinted on this site just to promote the book so that more readers can appreciate it.

Copyright 2023 Lingqi Novel All Rights Reserved.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

65.1K 6.3K 126
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...
39.9K 3.5K 19
A Royal family renowned for their illustrious name and fame, A family full of pride and rage, A Family for which everyone bows their head - The Agnih...
169K 430 102
Erotic shots