Your Eternal Promise

بواسطة LiannQ

Title: 应许之地 Author:莲鹤夫人 Status: 57 Chapters (Ongoing) Description: I want to hold your hand and go together t... المزيد

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
Extra

13

82 1 0
بواسطة LiannQ

After Agape returned home, he called the black crow to his room.

"Sir." Before that, Black Crow had already washed his body with cold water, and now with his strong upper body exposed, he knelt down on one knee in front of him, "Are you looking for me?"

The sunshine at the port made him much darker, but the long period of water shortage and hunger did not completely destroy his physical foundation. This was the most gratifying thing for Agape. In these days, the man in front of me has gained at least ten kilograms. His cheeks are no longer sunken, and the once rugged ribs are covered with a layer of thick and strong muscles. However, this also makes the scars all over his body more conspicuous. .

He insisted on facing Agape in this way, and Agape could not dissuade him, so she could only move her white toes on the carpet uneasily. He tried to bring up the topic: "You have your own way of doing business and identifying spices. I guess you want to do something else, right?"

Black Crow raised his head, his dark eyes reflecting the light in the room, looking deep and focused, almost making people forget about the layers of hideous scars on his face. He replied: "Yes, my lord. I know that people are talking about me. Does this bother you?"

"No." Agape seemed relieved. He observed the black crow's expression and said warmly, "I was afraid that you would be in trouble."

"My lord's kindness makes me feel ashamed." The black crow met his gaze and turned his eyes away like an electric shock, as if he wanted to cover something urgently. The wet black hair rested on the bridge of his tall nose. This familiar angle scared Agape's heart to contract and beat wildly. Just when he wanted to get closer to the body and take a closer look, the black crow turned his head, and the terrifying scars came into view, which slightly alleviated his doubts.

No, it can't be that person... He occupies a high position and holds power and wealth that ordinary people can't reach in a lifetime, so he can't be this bruised servant half-kneeling in front of him.

"Sir?" Black Crow called in confusion, "What's wrong with you? Are you feeling unwell?"

Agape sighed and smiled at him in shock: "No, I'm fine. I just remembered a little about the past."

"I went to see the priest today, and he told me that you might be someone from the Moluccas..." He spoke to the black crow with a soothing tone. Under the flickering candlelight, his eyes were like a whole A clear blue sea, with sparkling warm waves on it, "The sky is high and the road is far away. I don't think people there can catch up here, and I don't worry about others talking about it. I'm just worried that you will feel bad. Wanted I know what it feels like to be on tenterhooks."

The black crow stared at him steadily. His slightly frowning brows relaxed, and something soft and hot appeared in his eyes. He suddenly said in a hoarse voice: "My lord, you are not afraid of me."

"Huh? Why should I be afraid of you?" Agape was surprised and didn't know why he suddenly said this. At this time, Lily, who was sleeping next to the bed, also woke up and snored softly. He walked over, held his daughter in his arms, and showed a bright smile to the man, "Look, Lily is not afraid either. Isn't it, Sayuri?"

Lily opened her dark and glossy eyes and giggled at her young father.

"By the way," Agape turned his head, "What are you holding in your hand?"

"Ah," Black Crow suddenly remembered, he gently opened his palm, revealing a few round seeds, "You like gardening very much, right? Here are the seeds of lilac. If you are willing, I would like to teach you how to plant them. it."

"Lilac?" Agape opened her mouth in surprise. It is no exaggeration to say that in this era, spices can serve as an exchange currency on par with gold. If anyone is willing to teach the secrets of growing spices, it is tantamount to saying, "I will teach you how to turn stones." Into gold".

He was startled: "How did you get it?"

Looking at him and Lily, Black Crow's expression was focused, with some indescribable longing, a desire to be recognized. His lips moved slightly, and finally he showed a very light smile, and even the scar on his lips curved. Just when he took a deep breath and wanted to answer, his eyes suddenly froze.

"...Sir." Black Crow stared at the two small wet marks on Agape's shirt, and his Adam's apple couldn't help sliding up and down. He didn't know what was wrong with him, but he could smell something vague in the air. The sweet and fishy smell made his whole body heat up, and his eyes were fixed on it like a man possessed, making it difficult to move even an inch.

Agape was stunned: "How...?"

As soon as he lowered his head, he immediately lifted his daughter up like an electric shock, trying to cover the two embarrassing wet marks that spread. Agape's cheeks turned red and she simply didn't know what to say. Seeing his stammering embarrassment, Black Crow forced himself to move his eyes away. With a little strength on his left leg, he stood up from the ground and said in a hoarse voice: "I don't care about my origin and past. I can stay here with you." To me, it feels like I have squandered all the good luck accumulated in my previous life. It is very late, please take the young lady to have a good rest. We will talk about Lilac tomorrow."

He lowered his head and exited the room, closing the door gently: "Good night, sir, good night, miss."

After that night, Agape always felt a little unspeakably embarrassed when facing the black crow. He wanted to explain, but he didn't know how to speak to the taciturn man, so he had to tighten the bandage on his chest, and even lowered his face and begged Hetty to secretly find out what he should do to get rid of this damned man. The chest disease was cured.

However, for a person who loves gardening, he can secretly break through the monopoly and blockade of Molucca and cultivate a rare lilac tree with his own hands, accomplishing a feat that no one in the same era has been able to do - this action It is self-evident how strong the temptation is.

With a little excitement of successful revenge, Agape agreed to Black Crow's proposal without hesitation. They opened up a secret space in a corner of the garden, hidden among the lush flowers and trees. No one could tell any clues. Agape used this place to plant lilacs. He was determined to plant Scott's lilacs. The secret cannot be kept in your own hands.

"Lilacs need seeds with hard flesh. When planting them, the thickness of the soil should not be more than one knuckle." The black crow squatted on the ground and taught him step by step without any secrets. "They like a warm and humid environment, as well as fertile soil." soil, but don’t add too much artificial water. Beyond a certain amount, the aroma of adult cloves will be greatly reduced.”

He taught seriously, and Agape studied carefully, meticulously taking notes among the flowers.

"In about twenty days, healthy seeds will emerge, and in ninety days, it will grow three to four leaves." The black crow whispered, his fingers covered with soil, his voice soft and gentle, " At this time, the damage rate of lilac seedlings is always the highest, because we have to transplant them into prepared nurseries. During this process, only four out of ten seedlings can survive."

Agape lamented: "It's so difficult..."

"It's already pretty good," Black Crow smiled, the scars on his face twisting into the corners of his mouth, "Without these key tips, even the most experienced flower grower would not know how to grow lilacs."

Together they made a wire fence to prevent house mice and dormice from chewing, and built a small awning to adjust the angle of sunlight at any time. Of course, while taking care of Lilac, Black Crow's management has gradually gained results.

The little beggars, children of vendors, and the street children left behind by sailors who had a one-night stand, known as "orphans at sea" by the locals, are also very familiar with this tall and strong man who gives them candy. They jumped around, shuttled through the streets, alleys, and ships, bringing him a steady stream of news, true or false rumors. These street children do not trust the well-dressed master, but they are very close to this man who has been distorted by the past. In the eyes of the street children, Black Crow is a genuine kindred spirit, as depraved and pathetic as them.

They are little spiders who work hard to weave information into a large web, and in the center of the web is this sharp-eyed, silent black crow.

On this day, Black Crow returned to the small building under the glow of sunset. He came back earlier than before. Agape was copying letters for the priest upstairs, Hetty was busy in the kitchen, and there was only Lily downstairs. She saw the black crow coming back, so she laughed happily, walked up to him crookedly, and grabbed the corner of his clothes. .

The black crow's eyes were gentler than the sunset. He also smiled, but still turned his face to the side, fearing that his ugly and terrifying appearance would scare the child.

Lily was not afraid of him at all. She giggled and thought the uncle in front of her was playing some game with her. Whichever way he turned his head, she would turn to look at him. She had to meet his eyes anyway. In the end, Black Crow was helpless by this stubborn villain. He squatted down and hesitated for a long time before taking Lily into his arms.

"Bold little Lily, you are not afraid of me, are you?" he asked softly, and at the same time he took out a handful of shiny small silver coins from his pocket and poured them into Lily's little hand like spring water. "Look, does it look good?"

At this time, Agape, who heard the noise, also came down from upstairs and happened to see this scene. He asked in surprise: "Where did you get these?"

The black crow raised his head and saw that it was him. He quickly and carefully placed Lily on the ground. At the same time, he took out the coins from the calfskin bag and presented them to Agape with both hands.

"Sir, this is the money I earned, it's just a deposit."

Agape didn't know what to say. He knew that the bulging money bag was hard-earned, and he didn't want to doubt Black Crow's character. He stepped back and refused to accept it.

"You neither sailed nor did business. How did you do it?"

The expectant smile on Black Crow's face froze slightly. He still held up the money bag and asked in a low voice: "Sir, do you also think that this money came from an unfair source?"

"Oh God, no!" Agape hurriedly opened his hands, "Am I the kind of person who judges people by their appearance? Can I judge all of a person's words and deeds based on his beauty, ugliness, height and dignity? Believe me , Friend, I know better than you that a handsome gentleman may also be a devil in human skin, and a person’s nobility cannot be linked to appearance at all.”

Hearing him say this, Black Crow couldn't help but smile happily. He replied: "Then, to answer your question, sir. Going to sea is indeed the most profitable job, but calculating the cost, knowing the weather, and how to drive smoothly to the destination in strong winds and waves... these are many things that rely entirely on experience. People are troubled by it and are willing to spend a lot of money to solve it.”

"Have you ever been a navigation consultant to a certain captain?" Agape asked curiously.

"It's not a specific person, but the one with the highest price, sir." Black Crow looked at him, his eyes bright, and there was a hint of showing off that was eager to be praised, "Besides, distinguishing the rare The authenticity of the goods, the preferences and taboos of the Sheriff at the destination, the changes in local taxes, when to sell, and where to sell to maximize profits..."

Agape was greatly surprised and heard him continue: "After landing, who are your competitors, what are their advantages and disadvantages - these are as important as the cargo itself. grown ups."

Agape looked into his eyes and couldn't find her voice for a long time.

"You..." He felt that he must look very clumsy now, like a fish with his lips opening and closing. "Have you recovered your memory?"

Black Crow shook his head sincerely: "No, sir. My head still hurts, but these things are as clear as if they were engraved in my bones."

Seeing that Agape was still stunned, he pushed the money bag forward again, "Take it, sir. I said I will make money to repay you."

Agape came to his senses and rejected it flatly.

"No, I can't have it," he said. "Listen to me, this is your money. You have to keep it for yourself."

Black Crow was stunned. At that moment, for some reason, he suddenly felt a huge sense of loss, as if everything he had done was meaningless. His face was white, including his lips, which made the scars on his face even more dazzling and hideous. He asked bitterly: "Why, my lord?"

Why don't you want my money?

"Because you need it more than me." Agape said, "Your life experience has become a mystery and you have no memory. No relative in the world can help you at this time. Money is so important, you should keep it until later. Get your friends and family back..."

"No." However, before he could finish speaking, Black Crow trembled all over and interrupted him, "No, my lord."

He stubbornly stuffed the coins into his master's palm, gritted his teeth and said: "I can live without memory, but if you don't want me, I would rather have people beat me to death, torture me to death, and then remain calm forever in the sea." It would be better to never be reincarnated in eternity."

He said this, then turned and left the house without saying a word.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

36.9K 1.4K 183
Title: 不为 Author: Gui Hongluoxue (归鸿落雪) Status: 181 Main Chapters (Completed) When he woke up from the riverside, the Vermillion Bird was broken, his...
167K 4.7K 42
The Cannon Fodder Little Wife of a Wealthy Old Man [Wearing Books] 豪门老男人的炮灰小娇妻[穿书] Author 江中月 Status 42 Chapters Description The man in the dream loo...
47.2K 1K 86
Title: 偷親一口臉紅心跳 Author: 四未 Status: 85 Chapters (Completed) Description: Zhong Leyou was born with mild intellectual impairment and mild communication...
259K 13.3K 92
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...