Dragon's Heir

Por Havingfunwithfanfic

Daemon and Rhaenyra's night at the pleasure house had consequences. Viserys disinherits Rhaenyra when she ref... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68

Chapter 19

4.9K 168 55
Por Havingfunwithfanfic

Aemond and Alicent have a talk, it doesn't go as she expected. Visenya and Daemon work on training the new soldiers. Daemon meets someone he was not expecting. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

As always Valyrian will be in italics and Dothraki will be in bold italics.

3 days later.

Aemond could not stop smiling, at this point he was sure he looked like an idiot. Being with Visenya was like nothing he had ever done before, just being near her made him happy, and more relaxed. Visenya had a way of making him feel important like all his problems were not so large. Kissing her could not compare to anything, he preferred kissing his little niece to bedding any other woman. He had kissed Visenya a few more times after the day on the island, he would sneak down the halls and grab her as she was walking by. If anyone saw how stupid and childish he was acting they would think he was a fool, and in a way he was, at least where Visenya was concerned.

"I have not seen you in days." Aemond tensed, his entire body becoming tight, as his mother's voice reached him. "I was starting to think you were avoiding me."

"I am not avoiding you." Not much in any case. He turned to his mother, giving her a tight smile. "I have been busy, as the new hand of the queen I have several duties that require my attention."

"Yes, so I have been told." She closed the door and moved farther into his chambers. "Is Visenya part of those duties?"

"Visenya?" Aemond pretended not to understand what she was saying, if his mother wanted to make an accusation then she would have to actually say what she meant. "What does Visenya have to do with my duties?"

"That is what I have been asking myself." His mother's smile was not pleasant. "You have been spending a lot of time with the princess, accompanying her into the city, going with her on dragon rides, and even walking with her in the gardens from time to time."

"There is nothing wrong with that." Aemond shrugged. "She is my niece and I never had a chance to meet her. She is very different than the ladies from Westeros."

"Yes, that is because she does not act like a lady, swinging a sword and training soldiers." His mother glared like what Visenya did was directly his fault. "And then there is the way she dresses, like a whore."

"Careful." Aemond's voice was a hiss as he glared at his mother. "Remember who you are speaking about."

"I do remember, but it seems you have forgotten." His mother moved until she was standing in front of him. "That girl is just like her mother, they do not share our beliefs or our gods."

"You mean, your false gods?" Alicent's eyes widened and Aemond wanted to laugh at his mother's surprise. She had paid so little attention to him throughout the years that she had not even noticed he did not follow the seven. "I follow the fourteen flames, my gods, and the gods of my ancestors."

"Aemond." She looked at him like he was the biggest disappointment of her life and the boy in him wanted to run to her and say he had not meant it. That he had not been thinking right. Even while she had not been the best mother, she was the only one he had and he loved her, but that did not mean he would follow her blindly and do as she commanded. "The seven are the true gods, that savage that interrupted your ceremony should not be believed."

"Have you lost your mind or have you started believing your own lies?" He had always been surprised at the way his mother managed to spit out lies like they were the truth. "You are a person, just like everyone else. An actual god announced in front of everyone that the seven were not real, that only the fourteen flames and the old gods were. Now you want me to ignore what Arrax said and believe you?"

"Yes! Because I am your mother!" The fact that she was yelling was nothing new, he was used to her getting upset any time someone did not do as she asked. "And you let that stupid girl send me to the black cells for a whole night, you did nothing to help me."

"It is difficult to help someone who refuses to help themselves." Aemond shook his head. "What did you want me to do? You were asked to leave the small council chambers several times. You were told what would happen if you stayed, you knew you had no place there."

"Of course, I have a place there." His mother waved her hand like she could just ignore reality and things would become as she wanted. "There is always a place for the queen."

"But you are not the queen!" This time it was him who yelled, his mother's eyes widened as she took a step away from him. "Forget the past, it is not here any longer. You are not the queen and my father is not the king. You do not rule anything any longer."

"But things could change." She gave him a gentle smile as Aemond narrowed his eyes. "I could become queen once more and you the heir. Once Rhaenyra dies you could rule."

"Have you forgotten about Visenya? She is Rhaenyra's heir."

"That can be solved." His mother cupped his face. "She could have an accident, or perish in one of those fights she seems to enjoy so much. Training so many new guards can be dangerous."

Aemond's blood froze, and his body became a rock as he stared at his mother. The woman who had ignored and abused him all his life. The person he had wanted to please and never could. She had taken everything from him as he was growing up, his confidence, his self-assurance, his beliefs, and everything else that was not hers to take. And now, she wanted to take Visenya, the only good thing he had. The person who looked at him like he hung the moon, who looked at him with gentleness and love, and Alicent wanted to take her away too. Because according to his mother, everything Aemond wanted was hers to take.

"I believe there has been a misunderstanding." Aemond's hand wrapped around his mother's wrist, his hands tightening around it until he saw her flinch and attempt to pull away from him, not that he let her. "If you touch Visenya, if even a hair on her head is harmed because of you, I will kill you. Then I will kill Otto, before going to your wonderful sept and taking it down brick by brick, after that I will go to Oldtown and bathe in your family's blood. I will make you regret the day you were born."

"How can you say those awful things?" Aemond let go of her hand, watching as she rubbed her sore wrist. "I am your family and she is just...."

"She is the only thing that matters." Aemond made sure his mother understood he was serious. "The pain I will bring down upon you if you touch Visenya will make what happened in the Doom a child's play."

"Aemond..." She flinched when he took a step forward.

"No, get out."

She did not hesitate, turning and running to the door and out of his chambers as fast as she was able. Aemond had given up many things to please his mother, but Visenya was not something he would ever compromise on.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

3 weeks later

"He keeps letting his guard down." Visenya gestured towards one of the ten men she and Daemon were watching. "He is leaving both sides open, it would be easy to kill him in just one swing."

"Yes, he has improved on some things, but clearly fighting is not one of them. If he has not learned by now one of the most basic moves is doubtful he ever will." Daemon looked critically at the man, it was easy to do from the balcony. They had trained the recruits themselves for a few hours, before moving to the balcony where they could see all the new recruits and how they were doing in their different training lessons. "Should we dismiss him?"

Visenya looked critically at the man, he was one of the common folk and was just a few years older than she was. He had never picked up a sword until they put one in his hands, but he was not advancing as fast as he should. He would not be a good foot soldier, but there were some things she could use him for.

"No." She shook her head, looking at Daemon. "He has shown aptitude for the bow and arrow. We should train him on the basics so he can at least be able to handle a sword without immediately getting killed and hon his shooting skills."

"You want to use him just as an archer?" Daemon frowned.

"Of course, we could always use more archers." Visenya looked back at the man still attempting to get the best of his opponent and failing miserably. "He can be one of the guards who guards the top walls and the towers. Not everyone is going to be apt with a sword, the trick is finding their skill and honing that."

"Is that what they did when they were training you?" Daemon looked truly curious. "They found what you were good at and gave you more training on that?"

"Yes, I was taught is not about the weapon you use, but how you use it. A man can possess the finest sword in the world and not be able to swat a fly with it. A large sword is not my weapon, even one made of Valyrian steel. I can use it, but it is awkward and too bulky for me. It makes me move slower, however, two short swords are perfect. I have a weapon in each hand and I can move faster than my opponents." Visenya shrugged. "Same when my trainer realized how good my aim was. While I am good with a bow and arrow, I am great with a knife or dagger. I have never missed a target. Even when I was training on horseback, by the time they decided to train me to throw from horseback I was already better than most riders my age. It should be not surprising, considering who trained me."

"Who trained you?" Daemon's smile was pleasant and this was the first time she could remember talking to her father without wanting to kill him. "Was it Laenor?"

"No," Visenya shook her head. "It was Kaffo, he is one of the Dothraki warriors who serve my mother."

"I do not believe I have met him."

"You have not. He stayed in Valyria with my ave, helping him with some problems with the triarchy." She could tell her mother was lonely. "He should be here in a few minutes, he was in the ship my ave sent. He and his khalasar are protecting the men I sent for to build a new sewer system."

Visenya had barely finished her words when the gates opened and the entourage her ave had sent appeared. Kaffo and one hundred of his warriors walked in, followed by the men Visenya had sent for. She could not stop the smile on her face as she saw the Khal once more. She walked down the stairs, Daemon behind her as Kaffo noticed her. A smile covered his face as he opened his arms, picking her up in a giant hug.

"There is my little warrior." He kissed the top of her head. "I hope you have not forgotten everything I have taught you while walking around your soft lords."

"Of course, I have not." Visenya gave him a secretive smile. "I have been scaring them, having fun playing the wild child they believe I am."

"Instilling fear in the enemy's heart?" Kaffo asked with amusement.

"Of course." Visenya's smile never left her face. "I would never have any fun otherwise."

The tall Khal let out a loud laugh, amused by her behavior and her wish to cause chaos among people. Visenya called a few guards, giving them orders to take the Dothraki and other men to where they would be staying, and had another guard take Kaffo to her mother's chambers, that was where her mother was. Once the men had left Daemon turned back to her.

"Do the Dothrakis have to report to your mother?" Visenya looked at him in question and Daemon pointed towards Kaffo's retreating back. "I was under the impression the Dothraki were here to protect the men you sent for."

"They are, except for Kaffo." Visenya gestured towards the direction the Khal had left. "He is here for my mother."

"For your mother?" Daemon frowned. "I was not aware there were any problems in New Valyria."

"There are not." Visenya looked at Daemon in confusion, until she realized he did not know what she was referring to. She switched to Valyria, not wanting the people around them to know what she was saying. "Kaffo is my mother's lover. They have been together for years. We did not realize we would stay when we came to fight the triarchy. We believed you people would be able to push them back until we could intervene and kill them all. But since they had taken over Westeros by the time we arrived, my mother saw an opportunity and took it. We knew we would have to send for Kaffo eventually, but did not realize how long it would take." Daemon just stared at her, his eyes wide. Visenya shook her head, smiling at him. "Did you believe she would spend her entire life crying over you? She is a beautiful woman, smart, courageous, and fierce and she is an empress. Men have always wanted her."

She saw the devastation on his face, his eyes darkening in pain. He did not say anything as he spun around and hurried away. She wished she could say she had enjoyed his reaction more, instead, there was a hollow feeling in her chest. 

                                                           Kaffo (What I imagine he looks like.)

                                                            Visenya Targaryen (16 years old.)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

18.2K 549 35
Modern time Story Rhaenyra and Daemon are asked by her father if her brother can stay with them while his home is being renovated. Aemond and Deirys...
45.6K 1.3K 12
Daemon is eager for his daughter Visenya to grow up at court with her family in order to secure her royal station. Too late does he realize the conse...
1.2M 46.7K 88
"Brother. I have some conditions before I agree to this union. They are non negotiable." 🐉 King Viserys Targaryen lost his wife in child birth and...
338K 9.6K 57
"The marriage between the second daughter of King Viserys and his own brother, Prince Daemon, raised eyebrows upon its first announcement. Many assum...