SKYSCRAPER

By LVNALVNALVNA

XIII π’‰π’Šπ’π’…π’Š π’Šπ’•π’ π’Žπ’‚π’”π’‚π’Œπ’Šπ’•, π’”π’‚π’Œπ’•π’π’π’ˆ π’ˆπ’†π’• π’ˆπ’†π’• π’‚π’˜π’˜ π’π’‚π’π’ˆ THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY... More

ROOM WITH JUST TWO WALLS
A LIFETIME OF
GLASS FILLED WITH TRUTH
FIRST AID
SNOW DROPS ON LEAVES
GOING SOLO
SECRET GARDEN
APARTMENT 505
SYCAMORE
JENNIE AND THE THREE SECRETS
LIKE COFFEE
KISS AND FIRE
MIA AND VINCENT
LM CODE
GLASS HOUSE
INK THAT BURNT SKIN
BLINDFOLDED
WHAT A TWIST
THE END OF THE RAINBOW
KRYPTONITE
LET THE STORY BEGIN
TO LET A GOOD THING DIE
BURNOUT
TAKE THAT AWAY
HEARTBEAT AND THE STARS
SKYSCRAPER
COLUMBO
WINE TURNER
WHEN THE UNIVERSE KNOWS
STRAP UP
GAME
SUN RAI PLAYLIST
BREATHE IN, BREATHE OUT
AFTER 6
FRAGMENTS
C'EST LA VIE
TRAGEDY IN TEAL
MAZE
TURN OVER & TURN OF EVENTS
ABORT MISSION
JUST LIKE EASTER
SILENT NIGHT, UNHOLY FRIGHT
FINAL CALL
DRIVING FORCE
WIND OF THE PAST
THE SYCAMORE TREE ONCE AGAIN

IN THE COLD

3K 121 24
By LVNALVNALVNA

After months of trying to accept that Lisa is no longer part of her life, Jennie tries to bring herself to work. She has to work. She has to be a mother to her son. She has to be the person she dreams to be.

She's getting a lot more projects. She does her job very well. In demand. But if there's one thing that couldn't put her to rest at night, it's the fact that she can't forget about Lisa.

She still tries to call her. She leaves her a message telling the ex to come back.

Nights and pillows were filled with tears and longing to be with the person she wishes to have again.

For Jennie, she did her best to change.

For Lisa, I don't know yet. Let's see on the next chapters.

One rainy evening, Jennie just finished her shoot for a music video she directed. She didn't bring her car because the location is 2 hours away from the city. The prod just provided her a service and she asked to reroute instead of heading straight home.

At Lisa's.

She had her dinner first at the nearby restaurant and a cup of coffee to fill her emptiness with courage to face the love of her life again.

But the moment she stepped out of the road, the rain heavily dropped on the ground. She is wet. All wet that she took it as a chance to cry. To cry over and over again.

Her tears are mixed with raindrops on her face upon entering the building where Lisa lives. She wasn't stopped by the staff as she is still a known celebrity and Lisa's wife.

Her hands are trembling. She is nervous. She stood still in front of Lisa's door, reluctant to knock. But she did hit the bell.

Lisa opened the door and looked shocked.

"Jen, you're wet. What are you doing here? Any problem? Come in."

Lisa guided her inside. She took a towel and robe. Jennie used the bathroom. Lisa dried her clothes.

She prepared a cup of hot tea for Jennie and they both settled in the living area.

They have been talking about Aki for like an hour already. Until...

Jennie's tears fell while sipping her tea. Lisa sat beside her and rubbed her back.

"Any problem? Let's talk about it." Lisa asked.

"I missed you. Lisa, maybe we can talk about us?" She really is trying.

"Jen, we've talked about this so many times. It's been seven months we're apart already. I am sorry. I didn't mean to fall in love with Riva. I just felt it. I am really sorry. Jen, I assure you, she is a good person." Lisa's sad eyes gazed on the floor.

"Look at me. Am I no longer attractive to you? Don't you really feel the same way anymore? Lisa, I helped myself. You know that. You've seen my progress." Jennie, stop. Please.

"Jen, you are still beautiful in my eyes. And yes I know all of that." Lisa replied.

"Then why did you leave me?" Jennie is really desperate.

"We tried. I also thought we'll get married again. But life happens. This is life, Jen, full of surprises we didn't expect coming our way. I was really hopeful for us you know. Then one day, I met Riva and I fell in love with her right away." Lisa said.

Jennie pulled her nape and about to kiss her lips but Lisa was fast to move back.

The latter stood up, walking back and forth and rubbed her nape.

"Jen, we are getting married. We are just waiting for Riva's parents to bless us. They still couldn't accept us now but we're hopeful. Then we're getting married soon. We're working it out" Lisa was being honest.

Jennie cried out loud. She couldn't control it anymore. Lisa held her around her arms and she cried too.

"I am really sorry, Jen."

"A-are you really happy with her? Is this really what you want now? Just please. Tell me you are really really happy and I am letting you go." Jennie's lips have been curling already to hold her pain in.

Lisa nodded.

"I am sorry, Jen." Lisa wiped her own tears.

Jennie moved back. She saw Riva came out of the room and they shared stares. Riva greeted her.

"Hi, Jen! Are you okay? You want me to dry your hair?" Riva offered.

Jennie took her clothes and changed.

Before she left, Riva hugged her.

"I promise. I'll take care of Lisa. I will never disappoint you. I love her. I love her, Jen." Riva assured Jennie.

Jennie left the place and walked with a breaking heart and empty mind.

"Jen! Jen, is that you? Get in. It's cold out there." Jennie heard a familiar voice from the car while she's walking along the sidewalk.

"Thank you. I didn't expect to see you, Jisoo. On your way home from work?" She asked as soon as she fastened her seat belt.

"Yes. I always pass by this area. Where have you been? Lisa's?" She asked and Jennie nodded.

"I'm bringing you home." Jisoo offered.

"I-I don't want to go home yet. Maybe just drop me near the seaside? I need to breathe." Jennie said.

The ride until they arrived at the seaside was just quiet. Jisoo didn't dare to start a conversation about Jennie and Lisa.

"Thank you. I really appreciate this." Jennie said before going out of the car.

"Hmmm. Jennie, would you mind if I wait for you and bring you home after? Sometimes you tend to forget that once in your life you're so famous. Even up to now people still recognize you. Not safe here."

"Why don't you come with me? Let's go." Jennie invited her.

"Maybe you need some time alone." Jisoo just being nice.

"I need someone to talk to." Jennie's weak voice pinched Jisoo's cold heart.

They settled near the water making sure their feet would not reach the surface and get wet. Jisoo removed her jacket and placed on Jennie's back.

"How are you?" Jisoo asked while they are seated next to each other and just watching the night boats and moon slightly covered again by the clouds.

"I-I still can't move on but I guess this is the last time I'll cry. I have to move forward. She said she's getting married and I think there's really no chance for us to be together again." Jennie being emotional.

Then there was silence.

Jisoo started to speak. Jennie insisted that she needed a voice to hear.

"Lisa was the smartest boss I ever had at the bureau. Everyone looks up to her. She's got a brilliant brain. Look at her now. Those smart cars she's building. Few words but when she speaks, everyone listens and follows her. She had the fastest promotion. Too dedicated at work.

But you know her weakness? You. She was this rock, but when it comes to you, she becomes the softest.

Remember that? She gave up another promotion because she wanted your safety than any other. She couldn't give you up so might as well throw the other away. The job wasn't her dream. It was you. She loved you so much.

There were a lot of times she got scared of marrying you because of your status. But she really loved you. When you filed for divorce, that was her darkest time. I am not making you remember the past for you to feel guilty. I am just reminding you that she once loved you too.

But I have seen your progress, Jen. I witnessed both of you in some areas of your lives together.

But maybe life is not always pleasing. Sometimes, it gives us the opposite of what we're aiming for.

We can't blame her for falling in love that fast. At first, I also couldn't understand why. We also talked about this. But then I could feel that she is really happy.

Jen, Lisa did not leave you. Your marriage left the both of you. You both tried.

We can't force her anymore.

And you. Jen, you are really doing well at your job now. I have seen your videos and films and I am amazed!

Maybe this all happened for a reason. Maybe the universe is telling you to focus more on yourself and Aki?

But yeah, go cry. Cry all you want. Cry until it hurts no more. Someday, you'll have the answer right within your reach."

Jennie sobbed more. But one thing is for sure, Jisoo's company made her feel a little lighter.

---------------------
HMMMM
FRIEND CODE ALERT!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.9K 1.7K 32
🚫Grammatical error🚫
633K 17.8K 35
III π’•π’Šπ’π’…π’†π’“ π’Œπ’‚ 𝒑𝒂, 𝒃𝒆𝒉 THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY FROM MY WANDERING MIND. Please respect and do not adapt and republish. Lisa (g!p) Star...
204K 5.2K 44
- COMPLETE - 7 YEARS PASSED AND FINALLY, LALISA MANOBAN FOUND HER FIRST LOVE, JENNIE KIM, AND WORKED IN THE SAME COMPANY AS HER AFTER LEAVING EVERYTH...
72.6K 2.8K 31
🚫grammatical errors🚫