Betrayed [Lucien x OC]

By par13ker

Feyre Archeron and her best friend had been close since they were young. They trusted each other and were the... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
Epilogue
Mating Bond
Night Court
Summer Court
Happy Solstice
Announcement (Sequel)

25

1.2K 52 1
By par13ker

"Are you okay?", Sage whispered into Elain's hair after her sobs had lightened up. She still held her in a tight protective grasp, letting Barachiel be her eyes for the two fae males that stood at the end of the hall watching them.

"W-what are you doing here?", it was starting to sink in. The scenario. Sage hasn't seen Elain in the past year, and the last time she did it was to deliver her food. The situation was perplex.

She leg go of Elain until they were facing each other. And this time Sage got a good look at her features. Her fae features. Elain's ears were pointed, though it was like nothing outside of that changed.

Her skin was deathly pale. And her cheeks still sunken in as if she was visiting the starving family yesterday. Her eyes, though, once bright and kind despite her situation, there was something else to them.

Dread.

Softly Sage, cupped Elain's face. Her height making it Elain had to look up just slightly. And though the care was still on her face, there was an undertone of rage. "What did they do to you?"

A tear slipped from Elain's eyes as they looked into Sages. And Sage could tell that something was off. There was an fear that coated her eyes.

Elain saw Sage in the state. The skin and bones. The black coated eyes. The way Sage dropped Fae bodies like it was nothing. Her chocking the King of Hybern. Everyone had that apprehensive feeling about her. But Elain was the first to be on the other end of the rage.

She was close to see the streaks of white that were on her eyelashes and in her hair. She was too busy studying her.

"Elain.", Sage said softly.

And then her eyes her Sage's. Those brown eyes noticeably on edge. Sage wiped the tear.

Seeing there was no getting answer from her now, too stunned. She turned around to face Azriel and Cassian as they stood on the other end of the hall. They saw the hard stare, the way she was standing in front of Elain. If they moved she was ready.

"What the hell did you do to her? Why is she here?.", her voice was stern. And somewhat demanding.

Azriel and Cassian didn't move an inch. They saw her fist flexing as if it wasn't bearable to keep them still. When she didn't get an answer she nodded slowly.

She tilted her head over her shoulder to Elain, "Is Nesta here?", she asked quietly.

That was the only question Elain was able to answer. Simply because it didn't require words. She nodded slowly and lifted a shaky hand to the other end of the hallway to their left.

Sage hummed, and looked back to the two males. And slowly with snap in her tone she spoke.

"We. Are. Leaving. Touch any of us. Follow us. Or try and stop me and I'll kill you."

She didn't know if she could. Didn't know if it was possible. But from the sizzling feel in her palms. She felt as if there was a chance.

You can.

Barachiel confirmed. And that was all the confidence she needed.

Cassian and Azriel looked to each other. Them not knowing how to handle the situation. Ryshand gave them orders. And he had his own rules as to not showing himself to Sage. Azriel had informed him about what was going on but neither have heard back from him.

Sage gently wrapped her hand around Elain's and leaded her to the room she had said Nesta was in. She didn't want it to be true. Honestly she had hope she was dreaming again. That this was another case scenario like her dream with Avahi. But she hasn't woken up yet. The only thing to do was to go about it.

She reached the door and Sage didn't have to open it before it swung open on it's own.

This had to be a dream.

Sage's heart sunk even further when Nesta stared at her wide eyed.

"Sage..", Nesta said. Her voice soft and breathless. Like no one has heard before. This was the first time Elain has ever seen her look so... relieved. Nesta had always managed to keep a cool exterior. Hard and Stern. But her eyes were wide and vulnerable.

Sage didn't have time to decipher her reaction. She just nodded. "We are getting out of here.", she held out a hand. Nesta looked down at the hand. And then to her other one with Elain's wrapped in it.

"Do either of you know where Feyre is?"

She said calmly. Sensing Azriel and Cassian. They didn't move yet. She didn't question. Only taking the opportunity.

Nesta was stunned. She nodded her head.

"Let's go.", Sage said. And started walking to find an exit. She came across each room. But there was a reason. Some doors were clearly those that opened up to a bedroom.

"Feyre....she's not here.", Elain had whispered to her earlier on. But Sage kept looking into each room.

And each time she found no one there. Her heart sunk. A white tear tickled down her cheek as her pace quickened. Elain and Nesta managed to keep up but neither of them questioned. Nesta knew.

And to their surprised. Sage turned around and headed back in the direction where Cassian and Azriel were.

They snapped their head to Sage, Cassians eyes widened as he saw the white streaks that lined each side of her face.

"Where is he?"

Her voice broke. She kept flicking her eyes between Azriel and Cassian.

"Where is he?", she said again, her tone softer than before. Desperate.

Cassian scrunched his eyebrows and exchanged a confused look to Azriel. He looked back to Sage and opened his mouth but she cut him off.

"Do NOT!", she snapped. "Do not play dumb with me... w-where is he?"

"Are you asking for-.", Cassian started but once again, Sage snapped.

"Avahi!?"

Nesta closed her eyes tight at the sound of Sage's desperation.

Sage hasn't said his name in so long. It felt weird on her tongue. Like it was a sin just to speak it.

In Hybern, she was afraid to ask for him. Afraid to associate him with her, fearful that he may end  in the same fate. She'd rather allow the fae to do whatever to her, but leave him out of it.

It was her fault. She told herself that everyday. Some days she thought she deserved the treatment. It was her who put them into the situation. She could of told Nesta no. She could of waited or had Avahi come with her.....

Sage had time as she laid awake in her cell waiting for the next round of Fae to do whatever they pleased with her, she had time to belittle herself. Say Avahi was better off without her. That from the beginning, she was meant to be alone.

Because once she found the food in life. She was finally happy. Ready to start a family, it was snatched right from under her feet. She deserved it.

But he didn't.

Another tear fell from her waterline, leaving behind a white streak. Cassian and Azriel were confused. Cassian having no shame to wear it on his face. Azriel indifferent. Didn't show any signs of him knowing or not.

"Please.", she said as a final desperate attempt. Completely different from her other attitude. "You can keep me... do whatever you want to me.... I don't care. Just let them go. Tell me where Avahi is."

Cassian was out of the loop. Completely. As he stared at Sage, he was already getting in touch with his High Lord. Both him and Azriel bombarding him with questions, concerns....

She's about to leave.

Who is Avahi?

Ryshand she looks like she can kill me.

Ryshand was at his house. And with the sudden ambush of questions. He pinched the bridge of his nose. He was waiting till Sage had recovered fully until he showed himself. But it was inevitable.

"Damn it.", he cursed under his breath before winnowing.

Sage immediately recognized the presence of someone else. She looked to the border of the door that they stood behind.

"Is that you're higher up. Or your ruler.", she stammered. As her eyes grew wide. She could feel the immense load of power from them. And figured out out what such.

"Hey!", she called. Not moving from the portective stance she had before Elain and Nesta. "Look, like I told your... guards. You can keep me here. I'll... I'll do whatever you want. Let them go. Look I don't even have to see him, I don't have to talk with him. Just show me that he is ok. Let them go...please."

She hated the pity in her voice. Hated how low she's become. She's learned after the many times being backed into a corner, there's sometimes where she had to give fae why they wanted.

Her free will.

Ryshand had to take a deep breath. Cassian and Azriel watching as he approached. Though, he tried to hide it, there was hesitation before rounding the corner.

Sage had to look over him. Once. Twice.

"No.."

He looked the same. Of course he did. Fae hardly age in the span of time that she's last seen him.

Sage shook her head and took a step back. Her  whole body had reacted in pure fear, anger. All those emotions hit her so hard, that was the only word she was able to get out of her mouth. Her eyes wide.

This dream was shitty. It was a dream. Just a dream, she kept telling herself. She looked around hoping that this was the end. Like when he mother showed up in the last one.

This was where she'd wake up.

It's not a-

"D-don't.", she took another step back. Clearly not talking to anyone in the room.

She was losing herself. Losing every ounce of recovery shed thought to have made in the past couple of weeks. All out the window.

The Night Court. One of the most terrifying and menacing places as described from the outside. It's High Lord was known amongst everyone and his name was hardly spoken. Like speaking it would bring bad luck.

Control yourself.

Heat radiated inside her. Her body was on fire. She's felt like this before. In the cell. But last time, she past out from the pain. But the adrenaline coursing through her veins from fear and anger, were no match.

"Not you.", her eyes narrowed. She sounded defeated. Like on a time loop.

All the attention was on Ryshand. Cassian not more confused than ever. He wasn't aware that they've met. Azriel had a clue as he looked between them with no emotions.

"Sa-."

"D-don't say my name."

The last time he did, her whole life turned upside down.

Ryshand nodded. He kept his voice soft but there was no match to the frustration that was in her.

"You all are safe here.", he tried, "I'm not-."

White sparks blazed from the palm of her hands as she opened her hands one more time.  Azriel and Cassian both went on guard from it. That was an indirect threat to their High Lord and no matter what was going on, they knew who they were going to defend.

Ryshand held up a hand to both of them in warning to back down. Sage disregarded the gesture. She didn't care. Or she was too busy trying to hold herself down. Nesta had grabbed Elain's wrist and pulled her back but Elain was reluctant.

You need to calm down!

Barachiel was trying to warn her. But it was too late. Because once she blinked and opened her eyes once again. They weren't hazel.

They were black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 3.1K 31
This takes place after ACOWAR (Characters belong to Sarah J Maas) Azriel x OC ----‐--------------------------------------------------- Prythian is in...
142K 3.9K 51
She was born into darkness and chained to a beast of horns... Being mated to my father's worst enemy was a nightmare I never dreamed of. 《》 As the d...
31.2K 630 14
|| Highest ranking: #9 in protection ⚔️ #1 in A Court Of Thorns and Roses🌹 #7 in Sarah J Maas 🧝🏼‍♀️ || "What?" Rhys asked, frowning at Mor. She s...
22K 666 49
In the beginning and in the end, there is darkness; Nothing more. Kana Archeron has spent her entire life being hated. As Nesta's twin and being bor...