Flames of a lie

By Bluedragon95

"What are you doing here," he asked in bitterness making me curl my fingers and dig my nails in my palm in fe... More

A/N
CAST
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
A/N
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Ashes of Lie Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapters 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
New Book Alert
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Bed Of Nails
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Bed Of Nails.
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107&108
Chapter 109&110

Chapter 51

4.4K 282 14
By Bluedragon95

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"We will go. I can't say no to you." 

"Why are you not eating, love?" he said while completely turning to me. He put some more food on my plate. His mother and mine made an "aww" sound. I almost saw hearts form in their eyes as they looked at us. 

"Sage, you are a lucky girl. You got such a caring husband," my mother said, looking at us with an adoring look in her eyes. He smiled at them with an innocent smile on his face. Here he was fooling everyone effortlessly, and he blamed me for fooling him. 

"I knew he would be the best match for our Sage," my dad joined in. I scoffed silently. If only they knew. Isabella tried to hide her smile behind her glasses. Elijah rolled his eyes, looking at our parents. I just smiled without saying anything. I had nothing to say. 

"Eat, you'll need lots of energy in the coming days," he whispered those words darkly for only me to hear with a smirk on his face, sending chills down my spine. I didn't say anything and decided to listen to what Isabella was saying. 

For the rest of dinner, I sat quietly. I was no longer smiling at anyone from the moment I saw that evil smirk behind his innocent facade. I don't know what will happen after two days. My anxiety was rising and falling as my thoughts kept getting serious. I was lost in my thoughts when suddenly a hand was placed on my tights under the table. I flinched a little in my place at the sudden contact with another skin. A callous finger pushed my dress a bit up and started caressing my bare skin, making goosebumps on my skin. I bit the lower tingles on my skin. I lifted my eyes to see everyone having dinner. I turned my head to look at him, and I found him talking with my dad with a neutral expression on his face, as if he were not doing anything to me. His hand slowly started moving upward. It made me bite my lower lip hard. 

Why is he doing this when we are having dinner with everyone? 

I tried to remove his hands from my tights, but he wouldn't let me. I glared at him, but he was still talking with my dad. He took a glass of water to drink. He was very much aware of my glares. I saw him hiding his smirk behind his glasses. A gasp left my mouth when he caressed my inner thigh. I covered my hand with his, stopping him. But he still tried to move further. I had no choice but to pinch him. I pinched him hard, making him spill water out of his mouth. He coughed to cover up his pain. 

"What's wrong?" I said innocently while looking at him while he glared at me. I pinched him even harder, making his face twitch. My period's hormonal changes were bringing a real bitch out of me. He coughed again. 

"Water must have gone in the wrong pipe," my dad said, looking at his face. 

"Yes, drink slowly," I said innocently while moving my hand on his back. He still kept glaring at me. We both can play. It's so much fun. 

"You are wrong. Xanthus is luckier that he got Sage as his wife," his mother said with a big smile on her face. 

"We all thought he would end up marrying his pan, but Sage happened," his father added, making everyone laugh. a forced smile plastered to his face. He averted his eyes and glared at me. That glare was screaming that he would settle this, but I just brushed it off. After dinner, everyone decided to have coffee in the garden. Because mom and dad were leaving tomorrow, they wanted to spend some time with them. I wanted to spend some time with them. I don't know now when I will get to see them again. I had already started to miss them even though they were right in front of my eyes. I was talking with my mom when Izzy called. She pointed at the swing, and I followed her after a few seconds. 

"I didn't know there were swings here," I said in astonishment while taking the swing beside her. Well, I have not come to the garden that much to find them. 

"When I used to go to the park, there was always a very big queue in front of the swings, and our turn never came." I cried many times because of it. Xanthus one day went to our dad with his pocket money, which he was saving to buy an expensive knife set. He gave it to him, asking him to build a swing for me," she said with a big smile on her face while swinging a bit. 

"Dad obviously didn't take his pocket money. He built this for us. But that gesture warmed my heart. It's my favourite part of this house. It makes me remember that my brother was ready to let go of his dear knife set for my happiness," she said with a beaming smile on her face. I swung lightly while looking at him. A smile played on my lips. They had a very strong sibling bond. Of course they quarrel; that's what siblings do, but they also love each other. 

"You adore him," I asked while swinging lightly. 

"Very much. You know my brother has had difficulty expressing his emotions since childhood. He doesn't know how to calm down a crying person, so instead of leaving them on their own, he will sit beside you and let you sob on his shoulder when you are inside eating. It's a bit hard for some to understand his ways of loving, but when he loves, he loves hard without any expectations," she said while looking at me with a knowing look on her face. A smile faded from the corner of my lips. 

"I know the circumstances under which he made you sign the marriage papers. Even if he tells you he married you out of revenge, he did it out of love. He was not ready to let you go because he loves you madly," she said in a serious voice while looking at me. My heart ached when a certain memory surfaced in front of my eyes. 

"If he loved me that much, then he would not have gone out and slept with other women as soon as he discovered my disguise," I said with a faint, bitter smile on my face. That day still haunts me today. I stopped swinging. 

"I know I was wrong, but the steps he took wounded me. Seeing the person you love so much sharing a bed with another woman breaks something in you," I said, looking at my heels as if they were the most interesting thing in this world. My throat was clogged with the emotions I have been restricting myself from showing. Talking about that day felt like I was scratching my wound, making it bleed again. I don't know what I would have done if Erick had not come to pick me up. 

"What are you saying? He slept with another woman on that day," Izzy asked me in her shocked, confused voice. I nodded my head, still looking down at the muddy ground where my heels were unknowingly making circles. Tears blur my vision.

"Yes, he slept with Alice on that day. I had come to say sorry to him. Explain to him my reasons, but instead, I found her in his penthouse, freshly showered and wearing his clothes," I said in the same tone. Tears formed in my eyes, but I swallowed them. 

"What Alice?" she said in an even more surprised voice. I nodded again. 

"Alice is our eighteen-year-old cousin. She is the daughter of my mother's younger sister. She is like a younger sister to us," she said in her horrified voice, making me look at her with wide eyes. 

"What?" I said with a horrified look in my eyes. 

"Now I remember that day I was in the penthouse. Alice was staying with me for a few days, but I had done pest control in my house, and that's why we crashed in his penthouse," she said, remembering everything while looking into my eyes. A gasp left my mouth. 

"But he told me that—" I was not able to complete my sentence as tears slid down my left eye. 

"Why did he lie to me?" I said as more tears slipped from my eyes. I wiped it off the back of my hand. 

"Maybe to hurt you. Maybe to make you feel what he felt at that moment," she tried to explain her brother's action. I moved my head away from not taking it.

"I'm not trying to justify his actions, Sage. The real reason why he did that is something only he knows. But I know one thing. He would never sleep with any other woman to hurt you to that extent," she said with an assuring smile on her face. I was mad, but at the same time, I felt relieved from the inside. I stayed quiet with my thoughts speaking loudly in my mind. Soon, it was time for us to leave. Izzy gave me a side hug, making me give her a small smile. I walked toward where everyone was seated. He was talking to both dads, but when he saw me, he excused himself. The head chef walked toward me with furrowed brows. His gray eyes were fixed on my face. 

"Did you cry?" he asked straight away while cupping my face. I felt everyone's eyes on us. They couldn't hear what he said because we were at a distance. 

"No," I mumbled while looking down and biting on my lower lip. I felt tingles on my skin at our proximity. Everyone, we're still looking at you. 

"Then why are your eyes and nose red and your face puffy?" he asked in his concerned voice, looking down at me. I bit on my lower lip hard, not having an answer. I wanted to ask him why he lied to me and not here in front of everyone. 

"It's because I'm feeling cold," I mumbled again while chewing on my inner lips. 

"Come here." Next thing I knew, he pulled me into his tight embrace in front of everyone, making me blush and hiding my face in his chest. He never fails to make my heart beat fast. 

"I will keep you warm." 

Important
If you guys want to read my book Litte Bride it is available on the Booknet app. You will find a direct link in my bio. It gets updated every day. Go check it.

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 155.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment, and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 10.2K 18
#Mature Content in later chapters# A sharp pull by my wrist brought me back to the wall. I hold my breath for a moment. "what the hell" I cussed. ...
1.1M 49.6K 108
His cold eyes moved from my face to all over my white lace dress with a clenched jaw. I felt weak in my knees but I was successful in keeping my brav...
84.9K 3.8K 56
A saga of making her his. A saga where in the process of making her his he breaks the girl with whom he fell in love with. *Blurp* I flinch when the...
381K 22.2K 119
"Get out," I said in a firm voice, but it shook a bit at the end. The muscles in his jaw tensed when I said that. Instead of getting out, he closed t...