In Safe Hands 2: In My Arms (...

By AuthorUprising36

~Sequel to In Safe Hands~ They thought it was over. Yugi and Yami were together and were safe. For good. But... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue
Shameless Self Advert: NEW FANFIC

Chapter 24

901 63 110
By AuthorUprising36

Yami stood shakily from the boy and his gaze was fixed on the man who had only just exited the store less than a minute ago. He growled slightly through his throat, glaring.

He felt his fists clench and he took tense steps in the direction the man was in.

Which wasn't very far at all. Growling, he stormed away from the group.

"Yami???" Yugi looked up, placing a large oxygen mask over Yuya's mouth and nose, "Where are you going???"

The man looked slightly back at Yami, an evil glint in his eye and he turned right back around again. Yami quickened his steps, not looking back at Yugi.

"To do something I should have done years ago." Yami muttered loud enough for Yugi to hear.

He heard Yugi say something more, but he ignored whatever it was he said and he went through the sliding doors, coming out to police officers and other medics rushing around with other patients, all varying in criticality.

He looked around and he saw a foot disappear around the corner. He followed quickly after it, tailing the trail of the murderer he knew too well not to go after him.

"Hey!!!" He called, surprisingly not gaining attention from surrounding officers as he ran.

The man's footsteps quickened and he turned a corner, reaching the curb of a busy road. Yami stayed close behind him, fury pumping through his veins as he ran through the night after the man.

The man smirked and turned sharply, ducking into a forest-like section of Domino City. Yami followed and finally grabbed the man by the collar.

"Listen, Killer. What the hell are you doing here???" Yami demanded, his nose practically pressed against the man's own nose.

"Just reserving my dear step-son!" The man shoved him off and fixed his collar, looking at Yami with a devious glare, "You, Yami! I'm protecting you."

Yami whipped his gaze back him direction after falling to the ground from the push and he jumped back up to his feet, demanding an answer.

"Protecting me???" He returned, furious, "How the heck are you, a killer of all people, protecting me?!"

The man only shook his head slowly and smirked slightly, taking a couple steps back.

"You must be strong. Not soft." The man returned, "When you got this job and you began making friends and such, you got softer and and softer.

"That's not who my son is."

Yami glared as he listened more to this man and his horrid words.

"Only the strong get by here in this wretched hell that we live in." Yami's Step-Father said, looking around, "The world is Satan's playground. A place for him to wreak havoc and we let him.

"We let him possess the strong and destroy the weak and helpless. They don't deserve to live. They can't do anything to help everyone else. They're just things to take up space.

"They do nothing but get in the way and that is something that angers me and needs to change immediately."

Yugi stepped up and growled, strongly against his father's words.

"WRONG!" He interrupted, "The reason I became a doctor was to heal and strengthen and save. I didn't come to murder innocent lives and kill for sport. The weak and the strong live together in perfect harmony.

"There is no difference in weakness and strength. For without weakness, there is no strength.

"Therefore, without the weak, there is no strong."

Yami's gaze continued to remain fixed on his step-father and he waited for another retort from him, but all he got was a sudden laugh.

"You have your mother's philosophical charms!" He burst into laughter and turned, "I knew you did. I knew it from the moment you knew you were to be a doctor."

Yami growled again and grabbed the man again, tightly gripping and bruising his arms with the grip.

"Get away. I will call the cops. They will take you away to prison and you will rot there." Yami's face was distorted with anger as he glared down at the man.

The man only shoved him back off, pinning him down to the grass and glaring back.

"Ya know, you're a lot like me if you think about it." He said.

"NO. I'M NOT." Yami insisted violently, turning and switching places with his step father, "I'M NOT YOU IN ANY WAY."

"Of course you are." the step father repeated.

"NO. NOW SHUT UP OR I'LL KILL YOU MYSELF." Yami said before realizing what just came out of his mouth.

The step father smirked.

"There we are." He laughed, "Your true self."

Yami slapped him hard, his engagement ring ripping into his step father's cheek through the action.

His step father winced, the blood coming out.

"Wow...even your ring shows the danger of your true personality." His step father said, smirking, "You have that same demon as me inside you. You know it and you can't hide it all your life."

Yami growled again and his father spat out some blood.

"But you know, why wait?" He shoved Yami off with enough force to send him flying and whipped out a knife, Yami jumping right back up and waiting for him, "Your demon needs to feast!!"

"I'm NOT A DEMON LIKE YOU!!" Yami roared, running to his father and grabbing his father's hand right before his father could put it into his body.

His father dropped it and kicked him and Yami fell against a tree. He jumped right back up and ran back, puching his step father hard in the face and pulling him down onto the grass just as the two of them did before.

They rolled around in a frenzy of punches, kicks, calls of anger, and the fists flew and everything in between as well happened in their fight.

Finally, Yami leaned on a tree, he and his step father looking closely at each other after all their fighting.

Yami had a large bloody gnash in his right leg and his left leg and both of his arms were bloody and greatly bruised. Yami had a black eye and a bloody nose with a slight trickle of blood from the corner of his mouth.

His father glared back at him with a large gnash along his cheek bone that hung open as he stood from when Yami grabbed his knife and slit a few other parts of him, making him a bloody mess. His shirt had several cuts in it and the blood soaked both of their clothes.

"You...fight well, little killer." Yami heard his father say and he rolled his eyes.

"We are NOTHING alike!!" Yami repeated himself for the thousandth time that night, stomping his foot hard in the grass.

"Then WHY did you pull a knife out on your poor mislead step father???" His step father returned.

Yami fell silent, looking down.

He really did do the one thing he wouldn't have, even in a fight with the one man Yami hated with all his hate. He would have never ever pulled a knife on someone.

Maybe his step father was right about it all and that Yami really was a murderer waiting to happen.

His father snickered and nodded his approval.

"I told you you'd be a natural at this whole murderer stuff." He said, his face stiff and his movement painful and voice slow so as not to hurt himself more, "You get your killer instincts from me. It's not you, it's just...the people you're always with."

Yami glared at him and cllenched his fist tightly at his side.

"There is NOTHING WRONG with them." He pressed.

"There is EVERYTHING wrong with them, Yami!" His step father returned, "Friends are only people who MAKE and BREAK promises and when they leave, you'll have NO ONE and you won't be able to STAND on you own!

"I want my son to be strong and big and everything in between!!!"

His step father stopped and suddenly had an idea.

"Who knows? Maybe even Yugi-"

"Don't you DARE bring Yugi into this!!"

The step father only laughed.

"He became involved when you and he became friends. Alliances. Boyfriends. Fiancees. Husbands. Now, there is no way out for the...'little baby panda'."

The man reached into his pocket stiffly and pulled out a small mini doll made out of leather with stitched red and green hair and goggles.

On the body was a stitched up heart with some lungs, a liver, and basically all the other main organs in the body. The face consisted of two dead black buttons and one freaky cheshire cat grin.

The step father looked deviously at Yami and Yami straightened up the best he could, his glare not leaving his face.

"You know what this is, Yami?" His step father questioned him, smirking.

Yami shook his head, but he had a terrible feeling as to what this doll was going to do.

"This is a pure VooDoo doll. Straight from the darkest bowls of New Orleans back in Louisiana from when I visited a long time ago. Who woulda thought that it would actually have come handy?"

Yami remained slight, restraining himself from moving so he didn't hurt his leg any more than it already was hurt.

"You know, it's quite simple how to use this, really." The step father smirked, retrieving a piece of Yuya's hair from before when he shot the boy and placing it on the doll, "You just take a piece of the one's hair you'd like to kill. You take a pin and stab the doll wherever you wish to inflict pain to the person."

Yami's eyes widened. He staggered forward in an attempt to grab the doll from his step father.

"G-Give it here!!" He demanded, grabbing for it fruitlessly.

His step father only pushed him back to where he started.

"Hm..." The step father muttered, looking down at the blood covered doll and gripped the pin tightly, "How about...5 stabs to the heart..." He did so, "4 stabs to the lungs...6 stabs to the brain?"

Yami shook his head, not having the strength to speak, but he struggled to walk over and grab the doll out of his hand. He longed to. However, his father had already inflicted all the damage he wanted.

And even more.

Out of the corner of his eye, a car began coming down the street a few strides from where the two of them stood. The step father looked down at the doll, suddenly getting a second idea.

Yami pieced it together and walked shakily over, trying to take the doll again.

"G-GIVE IT TO ME!" he demanded, "N-NOW!!"

The step father only shoved Yami against another tree and threw the doll into the road. The car inched closer and closer as the step father escaped once more, leaving Yami in a bloody mess with tears streaming down his cheeks.

He could already tell what was happening to Yuya.

Cardiac arrest...brain bleed...both lungs have collapsed...and soon, a crushed  skeleton.

Yami limped out to the road, the car still a little ways away and he struggled to kick the doll out of the way of the car, but in doing so, he collapsed in the middle of the road.

"...Yuya...you're safe..." He felt his vision fade as the words escaped his lips.

The driver didn't even see him until a violent bump told him to stop.

Turns out, it was an ambulance driver.

And in the ambulance that hit the "bump" was a certain tri-colored haired man called "Yugi".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3.9K 28
I love you, I want to be with you, I want you to understand that you are everything to me. You are my yami, my darkness, and I only want to be with y...
45.2K 1.5K 18
Highest Rank: 14th in Yugioh fanfics & 161st in puzzleshipping *COMPLETE BOOK* Yugi just moved to Domino High, he meets Yami and he feels like someth...
6.7K 192 18
This story has recently been put in the Yugiohwattyawards for 2017! If you haven't followed them yet I would recommend it! There's always some really...
13.7K 347 14
THIS FANFICTION IS COMPLETE! ENJOY!! You are a young person on the run from the people you work for. You worked for a powerful person, but you know n...