Believe It Or Not (An Eddie M...

Por jr2420

Ripley Marro moved away from Hawkins in middle school leaving behind her longtime friend, Eddie Munson. They... Más

September 1st
Physical
Worlds Apart
Forget Me Nots
Like the Boys
Tempted
Nocturnal
Reckless Abandon
Whenever You Call
Tomorrow
Arabella
Medusa
Young & Sad
Sandman
I Want It All
Safe & Sound
Author's Note
Bleachers
Help Me Help You
Cinema
I'm Coming Home
Wakey Wakey
Harrington
Envy
Here For You
Cunningham
The Hideout
Served
Trial and Error
Objection (Part 1)
Overruled (Part 2)
Mark My Skin
Heated
Upstanding Citizen
Putt Putt
Date Night
Take Me Home
Sinclair
Shoplifter
Lost His Head
Concussed
Benny's Burgers
The Cure for Pain
On the Mend
Can't Sleep Love
Recollide
Prep Work
Pretty In Pink
Birthday Bliss
Private Party
Orion
Unintended
Mama, Don't Preach
New Party Member
Nightly Routine
Bean
Midnight Snack
The King
Veterinary Visit
Let's Move
Christening
Graduating Class of '86
Here for the Sex
Little Lies
Tabitha
Piano Man
Lost Boy
My Queen
MTV
March of Dimes
Author's Note
Almost
Six Week Notice
Blossoms
Money, Money
Winds of Change
Bonus Content: Trailer Vibes
Rolling Stone
Ask Me Anything
Fly With Me
Birthday Boy
Viva Las Vegas
Final Fitting
Going to The Chapel
Wedding Ideas (Photo Chapter)
Epilogue
Author's Note

Rocket Queen

556 24 15
Por jr2420

Eddie's POV:

"You want to put what on the new track?" Gareth asks incredulously. He's staring up at me as if I've grown multiple heads.

"I want to put Ripley moaning and calling my name on the track," I repeat and Gareth turns to share a loaded look with Jeff.

"Have you run this idea by her?" Jeff asks me. I shake my head.

"Nah, but I think she'll be alright with it. It's not like I'll put her name in the song or anything."

"Yea, but everyone that we know will know it's her." Gareth points out and Jeff nods his agreement. "I mean, aren't you worried what your uncle or her mom will think?"

"Not really," I say blankly and they blink at one another.

"Seriously, dude, he's hopeless," Jeff says to Gareth. Gareth throws his hands up in the air in agreement and I glance back and forth between them.

"Let him get dumped. See if I care," Gareth grumbles, crossing his arms over his chest. I raise my eyebrows at them.

"So is that a yes?" I ask and Gareth rolls his eyes.

"Whatever, Ed," Jeff says and I smirk, triumphantly. I fish the cassette out of my pocket and move to talk to Ollie.

"I don't even want to know how he got that tape," Jeff mumbles to Gareth, who makes a gagging sound.

"Hey, Ollie," I call as the producer is setting up the recording equipment.

"What's up, Ed?" He grins, looking up at me.

"I've got some sounds on this cassette that I want added to this single."

I wave the cassette between us and Ollie glances down at it, realizing it's one I've taken from this studio.

"Would this by chance have anything to do with this?" He asks, reaching into his work backpack and pulling out a silver hoop earring. Ripley's hoop earring. She thought she lost it.

"Where did you find this?" I ask him and he gives me a knowing look.

"On top of the piano," he gestures into the live room with his chin. I turn to him with a sheepish expression.

"Yea, maybe it's got something to do with this," I admit. "Look, this cassette has a pretty personal recording on it. Would it be possible for you to teach me how to add it over us playing?"

"It'll be a little difficult if you don't let me listen to it, but I think I can manage. The easiest way will most likely be to play the sound you want on the track over the stereo as you guys play. That way, you can hear how it will sound with the music accompaniment."

"Cool deal," I nod. "Can I listen to this and fast forward to the parts I want you to use?"

"Yea, to make it easier, let's just record the parts you want to use that way I don't accidentally play something you don't want me to."

I slide the cassette into the player Ollie hands me and I slide headphones over my ears. I listen to the tape and wait for the best part, trying to keep my face neutral. When it gets to the part I want to use, I pause it and pull the headphones from the device.

"Alright, when this light comes on, hit play. It'll record the sound and then we can pause both in case you want to add more from a different spot." Ollie instructs and I nod. He hits the button and the light flickers on. I hit play.

Ripley's moans echo through the air, her voice hoarse and sexy. I feel my cheeks flush slightly as Ollie's eyes nearly pop out of his head. I give him a thumbs up and he pauses the recording as I pause the tape.

"Bro, what the fuck?" Ollie says with a surprised laugh. "You want that on the track?"

"Hell yeah, I do," I nod, my fingers fidgeting with the cassette player.

"God, I'm glad all I found in there was an earring." Ollie says quietly, shaking his head and I laugh.

We record the rest of what I want to use, Ollie poking fun at me the entire time. When I'm satisfied with the second recording, I pocket the first cassette again. It's become my most prized possession over the last twenty-four hours.

When I got up this morning, my whole body was itching to play. Ripley was already up and brushing her teeth in the bathroom, getting ready for the day. She had thrown her shorts and shirt back on since she didn't bring any clothes with her. She planned on rectifying that and had her sights set on a nearby mall. I explained that I would talk to Joe today about what else could be done about Tabitha and I wanted to spend most of the morning in the studio. She had given me a quick and scorching kiss before heading out, taking my heart with her.

After hitting the continental breakfast, I rallied the boys and set off for the studio. They had asked why we're even recording a new song with the album already set to release. Something in my gut told me this was going to be a good one, though, and I need to get it out of my system.

They all pile into the live room with me and we each grab our instruments. I walk them through the melody I came up with on the way here. We talk over chords and riffs and Jeff and Gareth come up with some helpful little twists, making me smile. It's just like old times back in Gareth's garage.

When we have the song down, I turn to Ollie and nod, a smile on my face. The recording light flips on and we dive into the song. As the instruments thunder, Ripley's voice can be heard over the intercom. Her moans ring through the air and my heart soars. I turn and see Gareth and Jeff blushing furiously and I bite my tongue, trying not to laugh. When I start to sing the words, Ollie cuts her off. The timing is perfect and I sing into the mic in front of me as we continue to jam out.

We get to a part in the lyrics where I mention making my girl moan right before I am supposed to dive into a solo. Ollie cuts the recording of Ripley back on.

"Oh God! Eddie! Yes!" She screams just as I slide into my solo. My knees hit the carpet and sweat trickles down my forehead as I focus completely on playing. I give my whole heart to it, only rising to my feet right before the band jumps back in.

I continue to sing the rest of the song, a grin on my lips. I swear we've never sounded so good. Once the lyrics have stopped, Ollie plays the last bit of the recording as the instrumental threatens to come to a close.

"God, Eddie, I love you!"

My cheeks feel sore as I beam. The song comes to a close and the recording light flickers off. The boys and I are all breathless and staring at one another. That was seriously sick!

"That was fucking crazy, boys," Ollie calls over the intercom and I rush over to high five Jeff and Gareth.

"Ripley's going to kill you, but that was seriously awesome," Gareth laughs as we quickly clean up and head out into the production area.

Joe has joined Ollie and is listening to the track back. His head nods appreciatively as the music plays and when it ends, he is also smiling.

"Can you get me a few copies of this?" He asks Ollie and he nods, immediately getting to work. "I want to take this immediately to some local stations and get this circulating on the radio. I have a feeling this could be a huge hit."

Gareth, Jeff, and I all chatter happily at once, overly eager.

"Alright, settle," Joe laughs, holding up his hands. "What are we calling this track anyway?"

"It's Eddie's baby. He should name it," Jeff says, pushing his shoulder against mine.

"Let's call it 'My Queen'," I say and the band smiles in agreement.

Ollie rushes forward with several cassettes in cases. He hands the stacks to Joe, who slides them into his briefcase.

"I'm going to take these around and see if we can get this song on the radio," he says, picking up the case and walking to the door. "Eddie, do you mind walking me out?"

I nod and follow him through the door and out to the lobby.

"I've been on the phone with the label this morning and we have decided that with the recent circumstances, we should increase security measures. We want to assign a few guards to the band as well as two to Ripley. We want you to be able to comfortably focus on work without worrying about your family at home."

"Thanks, Joe," I say, taking a relieved sigh. "I'd really appreciate that."

"Don't mention it," he says, turning to me with a smile. "It's all part of the job. Now, I've also looked into Tabitha and her past record. It looks like she already has three restraining orders implemented against her from other men. I think it would be a good idea to file for one as well. It's better to be safe rather than sorry."

"You're right," I agree as we head out to the SUV waiting for him on the curb.

"I'll speak to our legal team and get on it," Joe says, climbing up into the SUV. "Now, enjoy the rest of your day with your girl. You've got a show tonight."

He closes the car door and they take off. I wave after them and turn. As I'm headed back towards the building, a voice calls out to me and I turn.

"Are you Eddie Munson?" A blond woman asks, stepping closer to me. Her hair is wild and teased and she's got large sunglasses on, shielding most of her face. She's wearing an Ozzy Osbourne t-shirt and black ripped jeans. Cheetah print heels are on her feet, her red painted toes poking out of the front.

"Can I help you?" I ask, squinting in the sun.

"I was wondering if I could get your autograph?" She asks. She pulls a book out from her bag and flips through it. I step forward, patting my pockets down for a pen. I don't think I'll ever get used to this. She pulls a pen out of her purse and holds it out to me. When I step in front of her, I realize she's holding open a Hawkins High yearbook.

"You went to Hawkins High?" I ask as I take the pen and start to sign my name over my picture with the Hellfire Club.

"Sure did," she beams. "Class of '85."

When I look up at her, something about her grin is unsettling. I take a timid step back but I hear a metallic click and freeze. The sound is all too familiar.

She pulls the yearbook away to reveal a revolver underneath. The gun is pointed at my stomach. I gulp loudly, looking up at who I thought was an innocent fan.

"Tabitha?" I ask, lifting my hands slightly away from her. She beams up at me, her teeth eerily bright.

"You know my name!" She laughs, placing her now free hand onto her chest. "I'm flattered."

"And I'd be flattered if you'd put that away," I nod my head towards the gun in her hand and she pouts.

"Now, Eddie," she tsks, stepping closer so the barrell presses painfully into my skin. "Where's the fun in that?"

We are silent for a moment, just staring at one other. My heart races in my chest, adrenaline coursing through me.

"What do you want?" I ask her, my voice foreign to even my ears.

"You're going to come with me and then maybe I'll tell you." She smiles, digging the gun into my ribs. "But only if you behave."

Tabitha circles around me, the gun still pressing into my skin. She pulls a light jacket from her bag and tosses it over the weapon so it is out of sight in case anyone notices us.

I can feel the cool metal against my back as she grips my arm and urges me forward. My hands come together in front of me and I fiddle with my rings. I take my pig ring off my finger. My hand shakes as I drop the metal onto the ground. I cough loudly at the same time to muffle the clank it makes as it hits the pavement. Hopefully, someone will find the ring and realize something is up.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

2.7K 170 40
"It's my year, Henderson. It's officially my year." Dustin shook his head and I said "Eddie, don't you dare." Eddie choked and gasped for air. "Don...
512 5 12
Pairing | Eddie x Female reader 18+. Steve x Robin x Female reader platonic friendship Series summary | Dustins older sister got brought into the gro...
40.7K 1.2K 31
Valerie Wheeler, 18, had always lived in the shadow of her sister, Nancy Wheeler. Nancy was perfect in their parents eyes and as for Valerie, they wa...
76.2K 1.8K 34
Y/N Henderson lived a secluded and plain sailing life, but when your younger brother Dustin blackmails you into joining a D&D game with none other th...