Haunted // Aegon Targaryen

By rissarosewrites

Vaera Targaryen was madly in love, had wonderful children, a husband that stayed far away with his mistresses... More

1. Shadows
2. Go Aegon Go!
3. Murder or Fornication
4. The Fucking Nerve Of That Man
5. Not A Flying Monkey Yet
6. You Don't Care
7. Savages
8. I'm A Man
9. Shame
10. Endlessly
11. Her Forever
13. Take This Pain
14. Dead, yet still a pain in the ass
15. Vicious Truths
16. Haunted By His Memory
17. Needed You
18. If This Is Love
19. Do you Like Him?
20. Proud of You
21. He's a Grown Ass Man
22. He Makes Me Happy
23. I'm Only Eating Cake
24. You Taste Like Sugar
25. Begin Again
26. Wife
27. Kiss Me
28. Egg
29. Warm Me Up
30. Catch Her
31. Can't Turn Back
32. Cookie Comatose
33. Coded Messages
34. Kill For You
35. Fuck Friendship
36. Letting Go
37. Glam Squad
38. Love Can Exist
39. Dreams Come True
40. Magic Spot
41. The Beast Awaits
42. Maleficent
43. Is This Foreplay? Because I'm Confused
44. Bitch About It Together
45. Mama Aemma
46. Give It To The Gods
47. Honor
48. Saved My Life
49. The Sex Log
50. Worth It
51. In My Mouth
Targaryen Clan
53. Unofficial Contest for Vaera's Heart
54. Happy Dance
55. Grounded, Forever
56. Butterflies & Vicious Truths
57. Bloody Sweet 16
58. You Got It Dude
59. Super Fast
60. Taste so Sweet
61. Through The Stars
62. Armor's Wearing Thin
63. Heirs
64. No Cookies? That's Not Funny
65. Big Trouble Mister
66. In The Dark
67. Heirs to Driftmark
68. I Promise
69. Never Be Queen
70. You Are NOT Welcome
71. My Love
72. Want You Back
73. High and Mighty
74. Pride & Joy
75. Queen & King
76. Bitter
77. Limited Time Offer
78. Stale Oaths, New Promises
79. Expiration Date
80. Queen Mommy

12. Take Your Best Shot

3K 126 7
By rissarosewrites

Harwin woke and tried to memorize Vaera's perfect face. He stared at her holding her closer. He didn't want to leave. He shouldn't have punched Criston. He would get back to Vaera. He had to.

Vaera woke up when she felt the sheets go slack and saw Harwin getting ready. She pulled her robes on and moved to him wrapping her arms around him.

"Don't go. I have a bad feeling.' Vaera whispered resting her cheek on his back.

"I'm going to come back to you. I promise." He kissed her gently and held her tightly. He moved to the crib and picked up Vizzy. "Daddy is going to miss you little man..." Harwin whispered kissing his little head.

"This is hard." Vaera whimpered. "Don't go. I can hide you. There are passageways in the castle-"  Vaera began but he kissed her silencing her. "I love you... I don't want you to go."

"I don't want to go."

+

''Be good to your mother, lads. I'll visit when I can. But that may be some time.'' Gael remarked looking down at the boys. ''Jace. I will return... I promise.''

''I will be a stranger when we meet again.'' Jace said softly as Gael hugged him goodbye.

''Princess.'' Gael whispered as he headed out

''We will exchange letters by raven. Won't that be fun?'' Rhaenyra questioned as they watched Gael leave.

''Is Gael Strong my father? Am I a bastard?' Jace questioned looking up at her.

''You are a Targaryen. That's all that matters.'' Rhaenyra corrected

+
"You did this." Vaera whispered

"Vaera-"

"Criston." She whimpered. "Why?"

"Vaera he-"

"You." She corrected. "You were my friend and then you became Maleficents pet. Now this. He's leaving because of you..."

"Vaera I didnt mean to hurt you."

"But you did." Vaera told him.

"I'm sorry vaera."

"Sorry doesnt cut it."

"He will be back before you know it. Right?" Vaera stared back at him. "I was doing my job Vaera..."

"We used to be friends." Vaera reminded him. "We were civil."

"I didnt make him go. I didnt ask for this. His father decided it." Criston reminded her.

Vaera stared back at him gnawing at the inside of her cheek.

"I was jealous." He admitted "but I know how you love him I wouldnt send him away because it would hurt you." Criston said honestly. "I pushed him and his brother and I got a beating for it." He reminded her. "But vaera I didnt want him to leave because I didnt want to see that sad face im seeing now. I hate those sad eyes."

"I'm mad at you." Vaera whispered.

"You wanna hit me too?" Criston offered. "Take your best shot. I deserve it." Vaera raised a fist and tapped it against his chest. "I know you pack a harder punch than that." Criston mused.

"Criston I have a bad feeling about this. I dont want him to go. I begged father but Lyonel is set in his mind." Vaera whispered. "Tell me the truth from now on." Vaera demanded. "I dont want you starting fights again." Criston couldnt help but chuckle

"Vaera I promise to tell you the truth no matter what."

"The good bad and ugly. I need to know everything so I dont lose anyone I love." Vaera told him.

"I promise vaera. I promise."

+

''A word?''

''I take it he's gone.''

''We're finished here. We're leaving.'' Rhaenyra demanded

''What of your offer? Jace and Helaena?'' Laenor countered

''I have been undermined... and made a spectacle. They whisper about me in the corridors. Well, I leave them to it.'' Rhaenyra hissed

''To Dragonstone then?'' Laenor offered

''We should've left years ago.'' Rhaenyra admitted. "I am going to talk to Vaera. I'm sure she and the girls and little Viserys will join us as well.''

''What of your position?'' Laenor countered

''You've always said if you were absent from court, she would pour her honey in your father's ear. The wise sailor flees the storm as it gathers.'' Rhaenyra offered she glanced back at Qarl. ''Laenor... bring him. We'll need every sword we can muster.''

+

A fire broke out at Harenhal, when Harwin and Lyonel arrived, it consumed it. Trapping the Strongs inside.

''Fire! I will burn!"

"Harwin! Are you there?"

"Ah! Harwin! Gael!'' Lyonel screamed out banging on the door trying to break it down they screamed out in agony. The flames consumed them. The building in pieces, they reported three crispy bodies, declared the Strongs. Lyonel. Gael. Harwin....

+

''What are children, but a weakness? A folly? A futility? Through them, you imagine you cheat the great darkness of its victory." Larys remarked. ''You will persist forever, in some form or another. As if they will keep you from the dust.''

''But for them... you surrender what you should not. You may know what is the right thing to be done, but... love stays the hand.'' Bodies burned all over the world, some of dragon, some of mass chaos.

''Love... is a downfall. Best to make your way through life unencumbered... if you ask me.'

''They're dead.'' Alicent remarked.

''You've heard the stories of Harrenhal, Your Grace. It was built in hubris by Harren the Black as a monument to his own greatness. Blood mixed into the mortar. It is said to be a cursed place. That it passes judgment on all who pass beneath its gates.'' Larys remarked softly.

''You... You passed judgment.'' Alicent corrected

''The Queen makes a wish. What servant of the realm would not strive to fulfill it? I assume you will write to your father now?'' Larys questioned softly.

''Larys... I did not wish for this.''  Alicent reminded him.

''I feel certain you will reward me... when the time is right.''

"And if it gets back to me Vaera will have my head faster then you can receive your said reward." Alicent hissed.

+

''Vaera.'' Aegon ran up behind her. "I heard about Harwin... I'm so sorry."

''Aegon..." Vaera whimpered. ''Is he really gone?''

''I'm so sorry vaera.'' Aegon declared pulling her to him.

''He can't be.'' She whimpered sobbing into him. ''He just cant be..."

"Im so sorry vaera." It was all he could say.

"How did it... how could he..." vaera couldnt form complete sentences. Her head jumbled up with sadness and pain. "I cant... I just..." vaera sobbed into him. She didnt know how long she cried for.

''Y- you loved him." Aegon whispered and she nodded into him.

"I dont want him to be gone Aegon." Vaeras teeth chattered as Aegon wiped at her tears. Her voice broke as she spoke. "I... I don't want to be alone right now." Aegon hugged her gently as she sobbed. "I can't believe he is gone. He can't be..." she felt her heart breaking and she couldnt breathe her knees felt weak and she thought she might die on the spot.

"I'm here. I'm still here for you Vaera." Aegon whispered. He held her in his arms as a silent tear dripped onto his shirt. Her necklace becoming damp with tears clinging to her chest. Her cookie charm that Harwin gave her years ago. She hadnt taken it off since Harwin gave it to her.

Harwin gave the best hugs she felt like she was wrapped up in Harwin cocooned in love.

"Vee?" vaera let go of Aegon and sobbed into Rhaenyra. "Are they... are they..." Rhaenyra couldnt even speak.

"Yes." Vaera whimpered out. "What am I going to tell the children?"

Rhaenyra knew that Haezel and Aemma knew of their true parentage vizzy was too young to understand and her boys were starting to suspect the same but knowing their true father was gone. without any doubt or hesitation of fact. Harwin Strong was their father, they knew this for years.

"We will get through this together, as we always have." Rhaenyra assured.

Aegon stared back at the sisters as they cried and cried endlessly. He wanted to help but knew there was nothing he could do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 9.1K 91
It was no surprise to anyone that Viserys loved his baby sister Avalon. What was a surprise was how much Alicent found she liked Avalons company as...
377K 18.4K 40
Alicent meets a woman that could save her from the life she never wanted. But will this mystery woman be able to keep up with their ruse or will the...
95.1K 4.9K 37
"And I screamed for whatever its worth I love you aint that the worst thing you ever heard? And Davina looked up grinning like the devil." šŸ‰ Maegor...
8.1K 238 8
"We'll be a fine line. We'll be alright." šŸ‘‘ In 81 AC, the prince, Baelon and his sister-wife, Alyssa, welcomed twins into the world, Daemon and Daen...