14. Dead, yet still a pain in the ass

'''Uncle Daemon.'' Vaera whispered shifting Vizzy in her arms.

''Yes my love?''

''I need you to kill my husband today. Now. Im sick of him. Harwin doesnt get to be dead and that man gets to live and torment me.''

A satisfied grin crossed Daemons face as he stared down at her.

''Now preferably.'' Vaera requested. Daemon chuckled softly before kissing her head and turning around wordlessly. ''Daemon!''

''I'm going to kill the husband.'' Daemon assured.

''Thank you.'' Vaera whispered.

''I havent done anything.' Daemon told her innocently. ''I will see you soon love.''

+

''Brother?'' Aegon questioned. "Vaera please be vaera.' He said drunkenly.

"Hiya handsome." Vaera whispered and Aegon did a mini victory dance.

"Hello gorgeous." Aegon replied he saw two of her as she got closer. He blinked trying to clear his vision but he really drank too much.

"Oh honey, too much to drink.' Vaera remarked.

"Mother is a cunt. You are right about her." Aegon said as he leaned back against the railing. "I have only every loved one person. Now I am to marry Hela and..." Aegon huffed out a breath as Vaerea took a seat. He sat beside her, her cold arm brushing against his. He silently wrapped an arm around her. "I would marry you in a heartbeat Vaera." Aegon declared softly as she leaned into him.

"I miss him, Aegon." Vaera whimpered as tears flooded her eyes.

"You loved him." Aegon said with a sigh.

"He was my everything." Vaera sobbed. "I don't know what I'm going to do without him."

"You always have me." Aegon assured as she tipped into him. Her head lay in his lap and Aegon thought this night was a bust until he had Vaera in his arms.

+

"Tyon. What a nice night thank you for making the trip." Daemon remarked.

"Yes well. Family!" Tyon declared smiling back at him.

"My wife died." Daemon reminded him and Tyons smile slowly faded. "This woman is not my beautiful niece."

"Natasha." She introduced.

"You can go." Daemon told her. "Tyon. I have a problem with you."

"Whats that?" Tyon countered. "Im quite likable. All the ladies tell me so."

"Vaera doesnt like you." Daemon informed him.

"And?"

"And if vaera doesnt like you I dont like you." Daemon remarked. "And what vaera says goes."

"Whats that supposed to-"

"Bye bye." Daemon corrected slicing his head off. It went rolling into the waters. "Damnit tyon you couldnt have fallen back when you died." Daemon grumbled as he dragged him into the water.  "Honestly you are a dead yet still a pain in the ass."

+

"I hated my father our father-" vaera corrected as Aegon ran a hand theough her hair. "-when he made me marry that cowardly lion."

"You want me to kill him?" Aegon questioned and Vaera hiccuped before laughing.

"Daemon is on it." Vaera corrected. "But thank you for offering." Vaera offered a sad smile as she sat up leaning heavily into Aegon. He pulled her closer. He hated that the worst days of her life might have been the start of the best for him because she came to him. And he gave her some comfort. But he missed her smile.