10. Endlessly

"Vaera... About earlier." Aegon began and she sighed turning to him. 

"You were following Cristons orders, his instructions. That is his fault. You were listening." Vaera offered as he sat beside her. 

"I just... I'm sorry if I... I could have handled it better." Aegon offered. 

"That shows great maturity." Vaera remarked scratching her nails gently down his back as he leaned into her. "I'm proud of you Aegon, stay my wonderful boy." Vaera begged kissing his head. 

"I heard Lord Strong yelling, then mother was yelling and... well I just wanted to make sure you were okay." Aegon added. 

"I will be." Vaera offered as he hugged her. 

+
''Laenor has written. Rhaenyra has delivered another son.'' Laena said as she approached Daemon in the tower.

'Does your brother mention if this one also bears a marked but entirely coincidental resemblance to the Commander of the City Watch's brother?'' Daemon said with a chuckle. He had went to visit Vaera a few times over the years. When her second daughter was born and Vaera wrote endlessly to him. Saying he needed to visit that she missed him and loved him so much and Daemon could never say no to Vaera. He missed home. He missed Vaera and Rhaenyra.

''He seems to have left that detail out.'' Laena said softly as she sat next to him.

''Mm.'' Daemon agreed, everyone knew of Laenor's activities. It was no shock Rhaenyra's children were black of hair.

''I miss my brother, Daemon. As I think do you." Laena offered

''I miss Westerosi strong wine. It could be depended on for a few hours of peaceful oblivion. This amber shit that they drink here.'' Daemon countered spilling his wine as he got up. "Vaera... any news of another baby from her? Usually once Rhaenyra has one, Vaera isn't too far behind." Daemon mused.

''Do you never long for home?'' Laena countered ignoring his question.

''No.'' He longed for love, real love like he knew that his Vaera had with Harwin. What he expected Rhaenyra had with Gael as well. He wanted that forbidden love affair that made every touch burning hot.

''I don't believe you.'' Laena countered

''Believe what you please.'' Daemon said nonchalantly.

'You laud the virtues of Pentos, but you have no interest in it. If you did, you would venture into the city, but instead, you spend your time here, in the library, reading accounts of the same dead dragonlords whose legacy you claim has no hold on you.'' Laena demanded

''Didn't know I was being so minutely observed.''

''You do not sleep.''

''Well, how can I with you haunting my every move?'' Daemon countered glaring back at her.

''Life has, I know, disappointed you.' Laena offered and Daemon chuckled she wasn't his first choice. ''Perhaps, I too, am not the wife you would've wished for yourself.''

''Laena.'' Daemon said exasperatedly.

''It does not pain me. I have made my peace. But you are more than this, Daemon. The man I married was more than this.''

+

''It is Lord Blackwood's contention, therefore, that the Brackens moved the boundary stones in the dead of the night and put their horses to graze in his field.'' Lyonel declared

''Why was this issue not brought before Lord Grover? Has he grown so feeble he cannot settle a quarrel over rocks?'' Alicent countered

''I've heard tale that Lord Grover's son now rules Riverrun in all but name.'' Jasper wylde remarked