72. Want You Back

"Daddy?" vaera whimpered holding onto his cold hand, rigor mortis had already started to set in and his hand was hard, like a statue already. Vaera sobbed and sobbed. Aegon held her as she cried out.

"He can't be gone Aegon." vaera begged. "He can't be. I want him back!" she demanded her tears falling onto her fathers corpse.

"I'm so sorry Vaera." Aegon coed holding onto her.

"Its like mother all over again." Vaera sobbed out.

~

They stood silently as the wind whipped around them and the waves crashed against the shores. Vaera stared at her mother and brother. Dead. Waiting to be burned. She stared at her father, tears in his eyes as a sob left his lips he did this. He killed them both with his choices. But if the baby had been breached there was no safe way of getting the child out, odds are they both would have died no matter what Viserys chose to do. But still he felt awful, he left his girls without a mother.

Vaera looked up at him with the saddest of eyes. On her name day of all days, to have this memory tied to. he held her to him as he let out a shaky breath.

'They're waiting for you.' Daemon remarked looking to Rhaenyra.

'D...' Rhaenyra began and Syrax gave a low growl from the top of the hill. Rhaenyra put an arm on her father easing him and Vaera back as she spoke louder, her voice breaking as she spoke.

'Dracarys.' Syrax climbed down and in a blazing heat of dragon fire burned Baelon and Aemma. With heavy breaths they watched them burn. Vaera couldnt look she turned burying her face into Viserys, he felt her hot tears on him as she sobbed.

~

'Princess Veara and Prince Aegon's not to be found within the castle walls, Your Grace." Criston informed Alicent. "Your father has sent Ser Erryk into the city to find him. Ser Erryk knows Aegon. He has the advantage." Criston remarked and Alicent nodded.

"But I know my mama." Alyssa corrected from Aemond's lap.

"I trust again to you, Ser Criston, and to your loyalty." Alicent told him and Criston nodded. "Vaera and Aegon must be found, and they must be brought to me. The very fate of the Seven Kingdoms depends on it." Alicent instructed. Criston nodded. ''Everything you feel for Vaera... as her protector and friend."

''I will not fail you or her.'' Criston assured.

"I'll come with you." Aemond said getting up. Vizzy, Aemma and Haezel would have been sleeping from the night before, the whole day was filled with excitement and horror. But the chimes woke them up. The bells tolling in the distance met their ears and they went looking for Vaera and Aegon, of course they did but their chambers were empty. Jaehaerys was contently asleep, thumb in his mouth ignorant to the problems around them.

''That would not be my desire, Aemond.'' Alicent told him honestly. ''If anything has happened...''

''Cole needs me, Mother. Ser Erryk isn't the only one who knows Aegon's doings.'' Aemond reminded her.

+

"What did you do after your mums funeral?" Aegon pondered.

"I... I went for a ride." Vaera recalled as Aegon wiped at her eyes.

~

"I want to go for a ride." Vaera had told Harwin as they walked.

"Of course you do princess." Harwin agreed.

"Mother didn't like it, but she knew I loved it." Vaera told him confidently. "So I don't think she would mind." Vaera reasoned.

"You are a dragon little lady, she would understand perfectly.' Harwin assured Vaera beamed up at him but her smile faltered as Daemon was practically dragged in.

"Uncle Daemon!" She declared running up to him.

"Hello beautiful, I missed you. You doing alright?" Daemon questioned quickly.

"I'm going for a ride, do you want to come?" Vaera asked curiously.

"I have to talk to your father first." Daemon remarked.

"Should I wait for you?" Vaera questioned. Harwin wasn't a fan a Daemon. No one in their right mind was a fan of Daemon. He was trouble and Harwin didn't want the little princess getting hurt following around her uncle.

"Come on Princess." Harwin requested.

"Go on, I will see you soon." Daemon assured kissing her cheek.

"I could wait." Vaera offered. Daemon knelt before her fixing her hair.

"You are such sweet thing, always have been... But you are more like me than Viserys will admit." Daemon whispered.

"So... you want me to wait?" Vaera questioned confused.

"Go on love, I will see you soon." Daemon assured standing up again.

"Come on." Harwin said offering her his hand. Daemon waved back at her as they headed outside.

~

"Harwin helped you get through her loss, let me help you get through this." Aegon requested. "Come on, lets go for a ride."