33. Coded Messages

The capital liked to celebrate. They liked feasts and get togethers. It was not just for special occasions. It was just because Viserys wanted to celebrate life while he still had life to live. But this celebration was special. It had a true purpose. It was his name day and he wanted to celebrate with his family, wanted there to be music and cookies and dancing, he wanted to see Vaera and her children smiling all night long. He wanted to his see his younger children happy and they seemed to smile more around Vaera. 

"We are having a ball." Viserys declared when he came into Vaera's room. No matter how long Vaera was married, this room would always be Vaera's room. Vaera was his baby, his favorite little girl.

"A ball?" Vizzy questioned.

"A dance, a feast, a celebration!" Viserys declared. He felt himself getting weaker he tried to hide it for he wanted to be around for his Vaera and her children for the hopeful future children she had with Aegon. So he took every day as a blessing.

"How fun." Vaera agreed.

"We can invite Jace and Luke." Aegon suggested and Haezel nodded eagerly.

"Vizzy we are having a party!" Vaera declared.

"Egg party too!" Vizzy remarked smiling at Aegon and vaeras jaw dropped a silent laugh on her tongue.

"Egg come too." Aegon grumbled.

"That will never not be hilarious." Vaera declared. "And Im sorry..." she kissed him unable to hide her smile as Aegons nickname. Vaera could call him Egg for all he cared as long as she kept kissing him. He held her hostage to him. She brought a hand up to his cheek. He never looked away from her eyes as he kissed her again. 

"Party time!" Haezel declared jumping up and down. 

Viserys always thought it was funny that little Vizzy and him had been born on the same moon. But Vaera had only thought it was truly wonderful because she had know- Harwin had agreed to it as well which was wonderful- that their son would be named Viserys. After her favorite man alive. 

Tyon, -rest in hell- had wanted to name her vizzy something awful, steal him away finally having an heir, a male. Vaera had hated him so much. She loved her children, she would have been glad to kill him. Aegon had offered when he was little to kill Tyon for her. 

"For Vizzy and my name days, a celebration to remember." Viserys declared proudly. 

"Sounds perfect daddy." Vaera agreed kissing his check once she pulled away from Aegon. 

+

"For you my dearest and most wonderful wife." Aegon declared holding out a box for Vaera. "For the ball." He added. "For their name days... I was trying to think of a food- I know this is going to sound childish but remember that I found you on the floor after eating all the cookies." Aegon remarked but Vaera's gaze shifted to the giant box in his hands. 

"Thank you Aegon." Vaera coed kissing his cheek. Aegon came in putting in on the table. Haezel ran to it.

"Can I open it?" Haezel questioned.

"It is for child eyes?" Vaera mused and thoughts of food related names for Vizzy left him mind completely.  Aegon had not even thought about getting her something sexy, something for her to wear and him to take off. Gods that was a thought.

"Yes." Aegon agreed. "I mean, she can open it." Aegon clarified and Vaera nodded. Haezel pulled open the box and gasped. Vaera put her tea down and moved to haezel's side.

"Oh, Aegon its beautiful

"Oh, Aegon its beautiful." Vaera declared.

"Father said it was... the jewerly belonged to Visenya Targaryen." Aegon remarked. "They were apparently being restored and then lost for ages and then... well found again."

"And they are for me?" Vaera questioned.

"yes... if you dont like them-"

"I love them." Vaera corrected touching the necklace. "It's so beautiful. Thank you Aegon."

"Pretty!" Haezel declared opening the fan. she fanned it in front of her face. 

"Princess, a raven for you

"Princess, a raven for you." Criston remarked as he came in. His face pinched seeing Aegon. He knew it shouldnt have bothered him but damn if it did. Damn.

"Thank you, Criston.'' Vaera agreed taking it from him. "One of these days I'm expecting someone to bring in an actual raven." Vaera mused. That was something everyone always adored about Vaera, her childlike wonder. 

"You got a parcel?" Criston remarked. 

"Oh, Aegon got it for me." Vaera agreed smiling back at Haezel dancing around the room. 

"Can I keep this?" Haezel questioned. 

"Of course, you look gorgeous! Stunning! But!" Vaera declared and Haezel smiled back at her. "Can you be mysterious?" 

"Mysterious?" Haezel pondered staring at the fan. Vaera reached out for it and fanned it in front of her face, so Haezel could only see her eyes. Vaera rose a perfectly arched brow and Haezel laughed out. "You know people have secret codes that they use with fans." Vaera remarked. 

"No, I didnt." Aegon admitted. 

"Oh yes, this-" she fanned it twice slowly. "-and this-" fast flicks. "-and of course you cant forget about-" she fanned it again before extending her arm out dramatically. 

"What's it mean?" Aegon pondered getting closer. 

"I cant tell you, it's a secret remember?" Vaera teased.

"We could make a coded message." Aegon offered softly. His lips brushing against her. 

"We could... or you could kiss me so things dont get lost in translation."