19. Do you Like Him?

Back to December // Cregan stark out now!

The next moon was hard. She didnt have Harwin. She didnt have a growing reminder of his love, deep insider her. She didnt have her sister.

Vaera held close to her children though. Haezel and Aemma, dark black hair and more beautiful by the day. Little Vizzy was walking, stumbling around as he pulled himself up. He would flop down to his butt and get right back up.

"That's determination. Motivation. A fighter." Aegon remarked as Vizzy grunted pulling himself up again. "He gets that from you." Vaera smiled softly as he joined her on the floor. "How are you Vaera?" Aegon questioned as she leaned into him.

"Day by day." Vaera whispered as he wrapped an arm around her. "I'm glad you are here Aegon. I couldnt have done this without you."

"Sure you could have." Aegon corrected "But I told you, you dont have to do this alone."

She felt alone as she stared up at the ceiling in the middle of the night.

Awake trying to locate one worthwhile, nameable emotion that deserves this sleeplessness that wasn't loneliness.

She found nights were harder than days. Days she filled with her children filled with every moment with their smiling faces and riding Calypso. But nights she was alone. She reached over to the spot Harwin used to lay reaching for him still. She didnt know when her body would understand that he wasnt coming back.

+

But during the days she found a small smile on her face again. She found joy in the little things and held to it in moment of pain and weakness when the depression set in and she wanted to cry.

Vizzys little laugh echoing as he stumbled around pulled her back to center gave her balance again when everything else seemed to tilt.

"What are you up to Vaera?"

Vaera loved this new mature aegon. She had always loved how protective he was of her. Even when he was little. How he doted on her and nowon her children

"You know its commonly over looked the importance of when the soap and salts are added into the bath". Vaera remarked as she got the tub ready for Vizzy.

"I didn't know there was an order." Aegon agreed.

"The salts go in right away so they have time to dissolve and you don't get salts up your crevices." Vaera remarked as Aegon knelt beside her. "I break off little chunks of soap lather it up to help with the bubbles. Then if done right you get little bath clouds."

"Bath clouds," aegon chucked as his arm brushed against hers. "You are a wonderful mother Vaera."

"Thank you Aegon. You have really stepped up the past moons with your siblings. Thank you for that."

"It was the right thing to do". Aegon assured her.

"You are a wonderful young man Aegon. Im glad to have you in my life." Vaera declared as she brought a gentle hand to his cheek. He had so much he wanted to say but nothing came out. He hugged her instead and he felt her relax into him.

"I love you Vaera."

"I love you sweet boy." Vaera echoed before grabbing vizzy.

"Im a man Vaera." Aegon mumbled.

"My sweet young man." Vaera agreed as she put vizzy in the tub he started babbling and splashing immediately.

"I could get Aemma and Haezel for you." Aegon offered.

"Thank you Aegon. That would be great." Vaera agreed.

After everyones baths Vaera tucked Vizzy in his crib and her girls in bed with her, snuggling in between them.

"Little loves." Vaera said as she blew out the candles. "How are you doing?"

"Im tired." Aemma admitted. Vaera chuckled pulling the blankets up.

"About daddy." Haezel corrected.

"Yeah." Vaera agreed.

"I miss him." Haezel whispered.

"Me too baby."

"But Aegon has been telling me and Aemma stories. He played with us in the courtyard too." Haezel remarked.

"Yeah he tried to sing a dragon song!" Aemma agreed. "It was funny but I liked it."

"You two like Aegon?" Vaera clarified.

"Yeah hes nice. I know he loves you a lot too." Haezel agreed.

"Im glad." Vaera agreed softly.

"You like him too right mama?" Aemma asked.

"Yeah. I do." Vaera agreed. "He's turning out to be a great man."