27. Kiss Me

When they got back to their chambers, Aegon said he could stay in his own chambers, he knew she was still grieving, especially with all of Alicent's jabs leading up to their wedding. But Vaera wanted him next to her. Aegon watched her as she removed her dress, leaving her in her slip, thin and silky. He sat down on the bed pulling off his shoes as Vaera approached him.

"I love you." Aegon declared as she kissed him.

"I love you.'' Vaera echoed.

"We dont have to". Aegon remarked as Vaera lay beside him. "I want to, dont get me wrong, I want to." Aegon assured. "But we dont have to, I won't be mad. You take all the time you need. I will be right here."

"You are a good man Aegon". Vaera whispered. It felt nice to sleep next to someone again to lay curled into another persons warmth his arm wrapped around her.

Aegon was over the moon but knew vaeras heart was still broken. But he could be patient. He loved vaera all his life. She was finally his and he was going to be the perfect husband.

"You know my first wedding... it was a shitshow. You were young but it was awful... Harwin made it better and then I thought I killed Tyon. I wish I had." Vaera admitted as Aegon ran a hand over her side.

~

Vaera stared at Tywon as he approached her he was no criston. Certainly no Harwin. Vaera let out a shaky breath as the door swung open.

''Get out this is my wedding night. Out.'' Tyon demanded but vaera looked pleadingly to Harwin. She walked past Tyon wordlessly and harwin pressed a vial to her hand. She pressed a kiss to his cheek before putting on a brave face and pouring them each a glass of wine

''My guard.'' Vaera remarked. ''He worries.''

'''He need not worry the red coats are superior,'' Tyon assured as he took the glass from vaera she didnt know how much to pit in so she just dumped it all. She didnt even know what it was if was meant for her or Tyon but she gave it to him all the same. She figured it wasn't poison or else harwin would have given her a warning not to drink it herself but soon Tyon became very loopy. Pulling off the remainder of his clothes and whipping them around before collapsing to the ground. Vaera stared at his flat ass, naked self for a moment before kicking him in the leg. Harwin came back in and vaera stared at him.

''Did i kill him? Is he dead?'' She questioned confused but calm.

''Not dead. He will think he fucked you and had a hoot doing it.'' Harwin corrected.

''Can I drug him Every night?'' Vaera asked.

''I can get you more.'' Harwin assured pulling her to him. He wasted no time, pressing into her, taking her by the mouth again.

~

"You drugged him on your wedding night." Aegon remarked.

"I did." Vaera agreed. "WOuld you like some wine?" She teased as she kissed along his jaw.

"Never again." Aegon corrected pulling her closer. "He knew what you needed before you knew." Aegon whispered.

"He knew me all my life." Vaera agreed. "Just as I have known you." Aegon smiled back at her as her hand trailed over his chest.

There was so much said in the quiet as Vaera traced along Aegon's chest. So much that a touch said more than words ever could.

She tilted her head to him and he smiled down at her. She kissed him gently before resting her head on his chest and falling asleep.

Waking up alone brought a sense of horror though. Memories flooded back and Vaera wanted to cry. She buried her head in the pillows when the door open.

"Thought you might be hungry." Aegon remarked carrying a tray. Vaera smiled back at him as she sat up in bed.

Aegon was proving to be a great husband and it was only day one.

"They look like little hearts

"They look like little hearts." Vaera declared reaching for the tea. 

"My love has expanded into food." Aegon agreed sitting back down beside her. 

"Already the best husband ever." Vaera declared kissing him and Aegon had to keep pinching himself. This was real. Vaera was his wife. 

"I never want to stop kissing you." Aegon remarked leaning into her. 

"Then kiss me."