70. You Are NOT Welcome

Viserys was carried in on his throne delivered to the table, his family rose out of respect as he was sat down again before them at the head of the table. Vaera wouldnt look at Rhaenyra. She sat beside Aegon and Viserys.

''How good it is... to see you all tonight... together.'' Viserys said looking around at all this children and grandchildren. His gaze locked on Vaera.

''Prayer before we begin?'' Alicent offered.

''Yes.'' Viserys agreed as they held hands.

''May the Mother smile down on this gathering with love. May the Smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long. And to Vaemond Velaryon, may the gods give him rest." Alicent said clearly before looking up at Daemon.

"And may my daddy live a long and healthy life and the maesters find a miracle cure that lets him live forever." Vaera added as she kissed his hand.

"Thank you my sweet girl." Viserys whispered and Rhaenyra rolled her eyes.

''This is an occasion for celebration, it seems. My grandsons, Jace and Luke, will marry their cousins, Baela and Rhaena, further strengthening the bond between our houses. A toast to the young Princes... and their betrothed". Viserys declared

''Hear, hear!''

''Well done, Jace. You'll finally get to lie with a woman.'' Aegon sniggered.

"Hush." Vaera requested.

''Let us toast as well Prince Jacaerys... the future Lord of the Tides.''

''Hear, hear.''

''You'll be great. You do know how the act is done, I assume? At least in principle? Where to put your cock and all that.'' Aegon went on.

''Let it be, cousin.''

"Aegon." Vaera warned and he rasied his hands in surrender. She swore they all turned back to children when they were all together it seemed.

''You can play the jester if you wish, but hold your tongue before my betrothed.'' Jace told him stiffly. It was Haezels turn to roll her eyes.

''It both gladdens my heart and fills me with sorrow to see these faces around the table. The faces most dear to me in all the world... yet grown so distant from each other..."Viserys told them solemnly. "in the years past." Viserys removed his mask with a thud it landed on the table. ''My own face... is no longer a handsome one... if indeed it ever was. But tonight... I wish you to see me... as I am. Not just a king... but your father. Your brother. Your husband... and your grand sire.'' Viserys said kindly. ''Who may not, it seems... walk for much longer among you.'' Viserys gasped for breath as his chest felt heavy. Vaeras own chest felt tight.

''Let us no longer hold ill feelings in our hearts. The crown cannot stand strong if the House of the Dragon remains divided. But set aside your grievances. If not for the sake of the crown... then for the sake of this old man who loves you all so dearly." Viserys requested. Vaera helped him fix his mask back to his face. "For me." Viserys repeated.

''I wish to raise my cup to Her Grace, the Queen. I love my father." Rhaenyra began.

"Do you?" Vaera mumbled. Aegon reached over to her grabbing her hand. Rhaenyra shot her a glare, Vaera gave her a bite me bitch glare back.

"-But I must admit that no one has stood... more loyally by his side than his good wife. And clearly his favorite little princess." Rhaenyra remarked, she could be civil for her fathers sake or at least pretend to me. ''Her grace has tended to him with... unfailing devotion, love, and honor. And for that, she has my gratitude...'' Rhaenyra didnt look at Vaera again.