Dog Walker | Jinkook

By halekook

Kim Seokjin, a college student who works as a dog walker on the side, has an unpleasant run-in with an arroga... More

Welcome: A New Journey Begins
Characters
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chapter Eighteen

3.2K 454 144
By halekook

While Jin watched the movie, ate the s'mores, and drank the hot chocolate, he was pleasantly amazed to see that Jungkook did not utter a single word the entire time. Even though he was holding a notepad and a pen in one hand, he did not take his gaze off the television. Jin often saw him scribbling away in his notepad, but he remained silent throughout the process.

He had not prepared himself for Jungkook's silence, but he found it refreshing as they watched the movie, and he could fully appreciate it. When the closing titles started to play, he stood on the couch and let out a displeased sigh as the bright lights came on. Then he sat back down.

"Should we talk about this movie, or would you rather I put on another one, and then we talk about them afterward? Because I took a lot of notes, I don't need to right now. I have seen that you did not take any, but I presume you have an excellent memory."

"You took notes on the movie?" asked Jin, his eyes widening in surprise as he looked at Jungkook.

"Yes, for our discussion." Jungkook gave a serious response as he thoughtfully perused the page of the notebook he was holding in his hand.

"Oh, alright. Please put on the other movie, if you don't mind." Jin showed little interest in discussing any of the movies. Instead of just viewing and enjoying the movies, it seemed more like he was being assessed on what he thought about them, which made it feel more like an assignment. That was something that he had done to exhaustion in school.

"Sure. Should I bring more hot chocolate?"

"I would appreciate that, thank you."

Jungkook smiled as he took pleasure in the uncomplicated date he was having with Seokjin. Although it was the first time he'd ever been on a date like this, he found it enjoyable and soothing.

"The simplest solution is often the best." As Jungkook entered the kitchen, he silently recited a mantra to himself. He wanted to retain the new knowledge that he had learned.

After preparing another cup of hot chocolate for Jin, he went over to him, delivered it to him, and sat down. Before he began the next movie, he flicked up his notebook, scribbled the title, put a line under it, and then created his first bullet point.

Although he had not seen the movie Age of Adaline, the reviews piqued his interest, and he hoped it would do the same for Seokjin.

While watching the movie, Jungkook found it difficult to continue taking notes since he could not tear his gaze away from the screen. He believed it must have been why Seokjin decided against taking notes. When he glanced at Jin to check how much he was enjoying the movie, he was disappointed to discover that Jin was already dozing off.

"It's not uninteresting; I don't understand why he dozed off." He had some thoughts of pausing the movie, but he couldn't bring himself to do so since he was already so involved in the plot. If Seokjin wanted to nap while they were on their date, he would ignore it and not let it affect how things went, even though it made it less enjoyable for him.

Jungkook was left staring at the screen as the film ended. Although he experienced a range of emotions about the film's conclusion, he felt that, on the whole, he should rate it favorably since he was able to see aspects of himself in the main character.

He got to his feet and left the lights off before heading into the kitchen, where he pondered what dish he might make next that would be appropriate for Seokjin. He didn't want their date to end with a boring movie, especially since Jin didn't seem interested in watching it. Because of this, he would have wanted Jin to clarify what movies he enjoyed, but since he did not provide any insight into his preference, he was left to do the work all by himself.

He noted that Bam did not accompany him to the kitchen, preferring to remain at Jin's side. Because he was Bam's owner, he had anticipated that his dog would always be close to him.

However, this revelation caused him to question whether or not there was any loyalty in their connection naturally after he had welcomed him into his own house after rescuing him from a shelter.

It was general knowledge that whenever a person or animal was rescued from an uncomfortable living area and transferred into a safe space, they would express gratitude for the rescue; however, Bam had shown to be an exception to this rule. Jungkook didn't understand him.

"Today was not the finest day for a date. The necessary ingredients are not in my access at this time. Jimin will probably be unable to offer what I need promptly. He should make an effort, though. It's why I pay him." Jungkook said as he dialed Jimin's number.

Jimin answered within seconds of his phone ringing, "hi, Mr. Jeon; how are you? I am compiling the meeting-"

"I did not inquire as to what you were doing, and I find it most inconsiderate of you to inquire how I am doing without affording me the chance to reply before you embark on a journey. I am doing really well, thank you for asking. I am almost out of certain essential ingredients I need for my date, which is why I am calling. Since my personal shopper is now out of town, it is obligatory upon you to get the items that I am currently missing."

"I am sorry, Sir. I will consider this going forward. What would you like for me to get for you?"

"If you gave me the opportunity, I would explain everything. I will provide you with a list of the necessary things. Please send it to me as quickly as possible. I would appreciate it if you could have a delivery person do it. At this moment, I do not want you to visit my home. It's a private day for me and my date."

"Understood, Mr. Jeon. I will await the list and order what you want."

"Good work. You are free to use the corporate card to buy lunch for yourself whenever you choose. Also, you should leave the office and go home if you are still there. If you cannot leave the office because of the weather, I will not cover any costs associated with you working extra hours. The storm is expected to continue for the duration of the day."

"Thank you, Mr. Jeon. I have already left work, and I am now at home."

"Why did you leave? I didn't tell you to do that."

"Would you like me to go back?"

"Jimin, do you want me to terminate your employment?"

"Mr. Jeon, are you going to hire another assistant who is just like me?"

"Get off the phone and place the order for the ingredients."

"It's my pleasure, Mr. Jeon."

"There is no pleasure!" A shout could be heard when Jungkook disconnected the call.

****

Jin moaned as he stretched and almost fell off the couch. His eyes popped wide as he became aware of his surroundings. Bam barked at him, and he responded with a smile by asking, "how long have I been sleeping?"

"Long enough to miss an entire movie and me preparing dinner."

As his head snapped around, he saw Jungkook standing behind the couch. He rose and stretched; his eyes were tired, and he wiped them with the palms of his hands.

Jungkook averted his gaze when his shirt lifted, revealing his stomach. "I would be grateful if you could take a few moments to gather your thoughts and then come with me to the dining room. Bam, it is now time for you to consume some food."

When Jungkook went away and Bam followed in his footsteps, Jin became perplexed. "Wait, I need to know how long I've been asleep."

He reached for his phone and, upon seeing the time, uttered the word "crap" with his eyes widened. "How did I manage to sleep for such a long time? Is it still raining?" When the severe thunder came, which caused him to sigh, it was almost as if his question had been heard and responded to.

He tried to go in the direction of the dining room as he thought back on what Jungkook had said regarding meeting him there. Because he was starving, he refused to turn down any food offers. Therefore, he had high hopes that this was the reason Jungkook had brought up the dining room. If there were any other reasons, he would be quite dissatisfied with it.

"Took you long enough," Jungkook said as he saw Seokjin enter the dining room. He pulled out the chair he stood next to, "please have a seat."

Because Jin was too preoccupied looking at the food that had been set out on the table, he could not pay attention to what Jungkook had to say. He had to bite his tongue to prevent himself from drooling. Given the aroma and how it was displayed, he wanted to know where Jungkook had ordered it as soon as possible.

"Wow, this looks great. Where did you place the order?" He asked as he sat down.

"My kitchen," Jungkook commented as he sat down on the other side of Jin.

Jin's eyes scanned the food, and then he looked at Jungkook, "you prepared this?"

"Yes, I prepared it myself. Enjoy it while you can since it's not something I normally do for other people, and don't expect it to happen again. On the other hand, since you seemed to pay just a passing regard to our previous date, I figured I'd try to find a method for us to continue our discussion."

In an attempt to concentrate on the dinner at hand and Jungkook's efforts, Jin closed his eyes and focused his thoughts before he spoke. "I am sorry I fell asleep. I was tired, and the movie "Age of Adaline" is one I've seen many times before. My roommate is obsessed with it."

"You should have informed me you watched it already. I would have considered another option."

"You looked as though it was your first time watching it, so I figured it was okay."

"I was experiencing it for the very first time. It was an unusual experience for me to watch movies today, given that I seldom find myself interested in doing so. Movies provide a wealth of educational opportunities on the dynamics of human interaction. Today was the day when I finally understood that.

The movie demonstrated to me that it is possible for someone to love me, although I may have secrets or I may feel doubtful about some things. It's about having a belief and not giving your inner thoughts the upper hand. Going ahead, I shall consider it.

What I think to be a weakness might be a strength, and I need to remember that not everyone will see my flaws in the same light. Also, something that struck me was the realization that just because one individual decides they do not want to change or move on from something, this does not imply that the rest of the world has the same view. Even if a person stays the same, their surroundings will always evolve.

Since you've seen it so many times, was there anything new that struck you each time?"

It was the first time that Jin was not upset by Jungkook's speech, and he was genuinely fascinated by the thoughts that Jungkook had spoken. "I believe that I can empathize with your thoughts. Even if we choose to live stuck in one phase, the world around us will continue to change. Time marches forward regardless of what we do. It is not dependent on anyone."

"I am relieved to hear that you agree, especially considering that we can both empathize with the fact that time passes regardless of what we do. Now with that in mind, is it a good idea for us to date each other seriously instead of wasting time?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.3K 1.3K 16
"Hey Cutie!" Jeon Jungkook stated while blocking Jimin in the hallway. "Get out of my face. Please!" Park Jimin said shoving him out of the way. ...
51.3K 4.5K 48
Jin and Jungkook hated eachother more than anything, Jungkook hated that Jin grew up privileged and everything was handed to him easily while Jin hat...
397K 24.8K 36
Taehyung is scared to break up with his abusive boyfriend. That, until new student Jeon Jeongguk takes all his pain away and makes his life a better...
91.7K 4.6K 29
Jin is just an ordinary young boy that dreaming to give his family a better future. He wants to marry a rich and handsome guy, that's his another dre...