In Safe Hands 2: In My Arms (...

By AuthorUprising36

~Sequel to In Safe Hands~ They thought it was over. Yugi and Yami were together and were safe. For good. But... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue
Shameless Self Advert: NEW FANFIC

Chapter 22

895 67 39
By AuthorUprising36

Yugi walked through the Emergency Ward the next night, his new coat flying behind him with every step he took. He saw doctors chattering back and forth as patients came in, critical and stability levels greatly varying.

Yami stood in one section, his arms crossed and his feet crossed as well. He looked up at Yugi, smirking slightly.

"Ready for a full night of work, Aibou?" He questioned, playfully.

"Oh, Mou Hitori No Boku!" Yugi gasped ever so dramatically, "i don't think I am!!"

Laughing slightly, Yami swept him off his feet.

"Then we shall do it together! Side by side!!" He cried, "My baby panda and I!"

Yugi laughed, swinging his legs back onto the ground, standing again. The two of them exchanged glances, smirking.

Mana sat at the desk nearby, surrounded by ringing phones and busy nurses, but she was a lucky one tonight. She hadn't received one single call and her check list was cleared for the day.

So, she sat playing a video game. Yami ran over, kneeling right next to her to see what she was doing. Yugi joined them.

"Come on, come on, come on..." Mana muttered, "I gotta beat my highscore..."

Yugi and Yami watched, completely amused by her gaming habit. She didn't seem to take any notice that they were there.

Mana was leaned into the computer screen (much like I am to my iPhone when I watch Netflix), deep in concentration. Yami smirked and stood back up, joining Yugi's side behind her.

He elbowed Yugi gently, smiling.

"Watch this." He said simply, winking at Yugi and making him giggle ever so slightly. Yami looked at Mana again, a slight smirk increasing as he cupped his hands around his mouth.

"MANA! GRIFFIN! BEHIND YOU!" He called, temptingly frightful.

Mana jumped and looked behind her, her character disappearing as she died. She banged her fist on the table.

"Aaaaaaaw!" She pouted, "Yami, I was sooooo close!!"

"I thought I saw one!" Yami looked out of the corner of his eye to see Mahad on his way to the desk as well, "I guess he went away..."

Mahad saw that Yami was looking at him and eyed him, shrugging. Yami only looked back at Mana.

"Glad you missed him, because he was quite the beast if you looked at him." Yami shook his head, being sure to speak loud enough for Mahad, but not too loud so that it would be obvious.

"Yeah...he made me sick to my stomach." Yugi agreed, pretending to be sick.

Mana rolled her eyes as Mahad broke into a slight run in her direction. He could hear their conversation.

"Mana!!!!" He playfully roared, hugging her tightly and almost making her fall out of her chair, "I've finally got you now!!"

Mana laughed, slightly surprised.

"Mahad!!" She beamed, Yami and Yugi both smiling behind them.

Mahad chuckled, letting her go and Mana sat back down at her computer, pulling up and exiting different sites, now not playing games, but going to work websites, like she should have been doing.

"Heya, Griffin-Man!" Yami joked, laughing.

"Ha ha ha," Mahad fake laughed in a playful, mocking way, "That was very funny, Sennen."

Yami looked at him and smile one of his very own signature smiles, placing his hands on his hips like a superhero, imagining a cape fluttering behind him like those really epic heroes in Marvel or something like that.

"That is my duty." He recited, making his voice deeper and more heroic, "For my name is 'makeeveryonehappyMAN'!"

Yugi laughed, "But he also answers to children by the name of Uncle Yami."

"And he's my sidekick: Other Uncle Yugi. Always remember the 'Other Uncle' part. That aggravates me when no one can figure it out." Yami finished, biting back more laughter.

Mana looked back, her phone beginning to ring beside her computer. She turned and picked it up.

"Finally...something happens. Hope it's good." She muttered as she brought it to her chin, "Domino City Emergency Care and Emergency Room Center. How may I help you?"

She reached for a pad and pencil, scribbling down addresses and coordinates needed.

"Okay ma'am, I need you to calm down. Your little boy is just going to be fine." She said, straightening up with a look of deep concern in her eyes, "Now, breathe for me. Relax. He's still conscious?

"Alright...what put him in this condition?"

Mana's gaze was downturned, but she wrote desperately, seeming just as scared as the woman she spoke to over the phone.

"Alright, you have apprehended the man who did this?"

Yami looked at Yugi, his eyebrow raised. Mahad listened as well, his eyes closed as thoughts of this new occurance ran through his head.

"Alright, is his stomach hard?" Mana continued, scribbling down everything she received, "Alright. Ma'am, I'm going to send paramedics to meet you and everyone else right now. Cops are also going to be on their way.

"Stay by your son and keep doing CPR. We'll be there in less than 10 minutes."

Yami and Yugi and Mahad all looked at each other, their eyes wide. They were apparently going to be facing a huge issue on their hands if the cops were involved.

Mana hung up and stood right up, handing the paper to Yami without a second thought. Yami stared at her, his eyes wider than the other two.

"Mana, what's happened? What is going on?" He asked.

"A shoot out in a grocery store a few blocks away. 75 customers were injured in the incident and another 5 employees were wounded as well." Mana said, it obviously hurting her to share the story, "No one had severe injures except for a young 7 year old boy who was shot 7 times by the man to start the shoot out.

"One bullet went in between his eyes and he dropped instantly, a second went into his right chest. A third and fourth went into one of his hands, going straight through. A fifth one went into the middle of his back, where the spinal chord is, and the sixth and seventh one went into his stomach.

"He's currently unconscious and his mother, who is certified in CPR, has been doing CPR on him for the last minute, and he still hasn't responded. People have been evacuated, but the man hasn't been found just yet."

Yami turned, heading to where his group was, waiting for the action to unfold before them. Yami stepped up.

"Alright, guys. Start getting ready. We have just received word of a shoot out in a large grocery complex, not killing any, but injuring fatally several, including our patient, a 7 year old boy." Yami said, "His identity is not yet known, but we need to get their now. Be ready for when we get back. This could be the tensest surgery tonight, so we need to do what we can to save this child.

"Bullets went into the middle of his eyes, 2 in his back, 2 in one hand, one in his chest, and one in his stomach. He is currently unresponsive after a minute of CPR, so we need to defibrillators."

The entire group froze for a second and finally, the driver of the ambulance stepped aside, grabbing those defibrillators to load onto the truck once they got on.

Yugi or Yami couldn't believe what they were facing together, but they broke into a run to the ambulance. They were on duty as paramedics and surgeons again, going on the scene to get patients and taking them to the operating room to save their lives.

They both ran to the ambulance, followed by the driver who fell behind after a few steps. It didn't take long to load the defibrillators onto the ambulance and they were off to the shopping market.

Yami stared out the window, dreading what he would see.

People running from the store? Blood everywhere? People screaming in a panic? He didn't want to see it at all, but he had to tend to this child.

He already lost one young teenager who had already made a lasting impression on him before.

If this kid was who Yami feared it was, he difinitely wasn't going to let him die. Not while he was in Yami's and Yugi's arms.

He wasn't going to let his play nephew die. Neither was Yugi.

Never in a million years.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 7.5K 25
It was only a kiss - bit of summer fun. That was all. Holiday friendships dont often last so why bother learning each others names? You'd only have t...
25.7K 1K 28
DO NOT READ THIS BOOK! READ THE NEWEST VERSION INSTEAD! ----- Yami Sennen is known as the CEO of one of the biggest companys has ever existed. He is...
13.7K 347 14
THIS FANFICTION IS COMPLETE! ENJOY!! You are a young person on the run from the people you work for. You worked for a powerful person, but you know n...
39.5K 1.6K 89
Life has always been the same. Eat. Sleep. Work. Repeat. All this while, it has been a hustle. I thought that finally I can take a breather. Until...